Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

Eileen has been on television for a long time. Her union scale pay might be just that, so I wouldn't say it's out of line. A friend of mine who was an extra as one of the saloon prostitutes on one season of Deadwood made $70,000 just for that.

• Love 2

I have watched Eileen Davidson since I was in high school on Y&R back in the late 80's and know she's been a working actress for decades. That said, I don't know about union pay scales, but considering that no one on that franchise makes that kind of dough I think that figure is bloated.

• Love 1

Glad Carlton is gone, and don't care one way or the other about Joyce.  

The only thing I've ever seen Lisa Rinna in was Celebrity Apprentice, and for some reason (I don't know why), I was prepared not to like her.  But she did well, had a very pleasant personality, good sense of humor, very "un-diva" like.

Think she will be a good addition.

Am I the only one that remembers Harry Hamlin from LA Law? : )

I had pretty much the same expectation, that I would not like Lisa Rinna on Celebrity Apprentice and then ended up liking her a lot. I think she is a great addition. And you are definitely not the only one that remembers Harry from LA Law. However, I have been so totally impressed by his performance on Mad Men it has overshadowed LA Law for me.

He plays a really awful man on Mad Men, but he does so superbly.  

• Love 2

I think the issues with the New York franchise and the huge amounts of manufactured drama might hopefully convince the other shows to maybe let things happen organically again.  Lisa Rinna, from what I can recall, has an interesting home life.. but has connections to Kyle, Lisa, and Kim.  If true that Eileen Davidson is joining, I know she knows LR.. but not sure if she knows anyone else.  I do know that she is married to a Van Patten, they have a blended family, and didn't they have a foster child similiar to the movie the Blind Side?

I think the shows need to focus more on the housewives individual lives.. and less interaction together.  That way, when they do interact.. it will be due to build-up.

• Love 5

And as much as this will probably send me to hell, I think the shows as a collective group need to learn a major lesson from the early OC seasons and realize that teenage/early 20's kids are an amazing source of compelling, organic drama. I mean, the kids really made season 2 & 3 of the OC.

Well, thanks to all of you posters who tell me that Lisa R. also likes Lisa V.  In that Lisa V. and Kyle are not on the best of terms, it places Lisa R. right in the middle.  Now I'm anxious to see her.  There have been so many positive comments about Lisa R. that I think this season will be interesting to watch.  I'm beginning to get itchy for next season to start!  I imagine that Brandi is polishing her artificial halo, especially when talking to the press about Lisa R.  I fully expect her to put her best foot forward in order to show her irresistible charm to Lisa R., but I also expect that Lisa will have been forewarned by some of the HWs.  It should be fun.

I'm hoping that Lisa R. can bring some "normalcy" to the cast because I'm tired of seeing hysterical, vindictive, back-stabbing women interact like a couple of pre-teens.

• Love 1

Well, thanks to all of you posters who tell me that Lisa R. also likes Lisa V.  In that Lisa V. and Kyle are not on the best of terms, it places Lisa R. right in the middle.  Now I'm anxious to see her.  There have been so many positive comments about Lisa R. that I think this season will be interesting to watch.  I'm beginning to get itchy for next season to start!  I imagine that Brandi is polishing her artificial halo, especially when talking to the press about Lisa R.  I fully expect her to put her best foot forward in order to show her irresistible charm to Lisa R., but I also expect that Lisa will have been forewarned by some of the HWs.  It should be fun.

I'm pretty sure Lisa R has mentioned her Brandi dislike on WWHL and they already have a bit of a war going so yes, very interesting. Having her on will hopefully be a bridge between Lisa V and Kyle because I really hated that nastiness and also set-up a season of Brandi in the hot seat.

I love Lisa R. and remember Eileen from back in the day when Soap Operas were my friend. Both of these gals seem to possess charm and charisma, so we shall see. They both seem to be closer to Lisa V or Kyle's league than to Brandi's, so that is a good thing. I have no problem with a little trashy on my TV., I just don't want it on this show. I am looking for something much different here, so I appreciate Bravo taking Carlton away. They forgot to take Brandi, but one thing at a time. 

This is an interesting article, which I don't think anyone has posted yet.  It is Lisa V talking specifically about Lisa R.  As others have mentioned, they are good friends.  Lisa has this to say about her.

"I’ve known Lisa [Rinna] for 25 years. I love her and I have an authentic relationship with her… I do think she’s very opinionated and vocal and I think that’s a good thing for reality television or you fall asleep.”

The most interesting thing in the article to me was having Lisa confirm that she was under contract to Bravo. I had been saying all along that Lisa was just ramping up the drama with all of her talk on Social Media about whether or not she would return. For the last couple of months, she has been fanning the flames (similar to the way she did it in S4 in her blogs and on Twitter) about how she just didn't know if she could do it again, how hard it all was, how she was really thinking about just hanging it all up. Of course this sent her fans into a tizzy - people begging and pleading her to come back or they would never watch the show again. Her comments often, "oh, I just don't know if I can".  To me it seemed so completely artificial because of course she was coming back. No way Bravo lets these ho'wives sign a one year contract (Carlton said she had a 3 year contract - Bravo's option of course). She was coming back because she had no choice in coming back. It sounds better I guess to have your fans beg and plead with you, and of course to show the network how necessary you are, to act like you are on the fence. This is actually the thing I like about Lisa the least. 

http://www.inquisitr.com/1372604/lisa-vanderpump-calls-new-housewife-opinionated-says-last-season-of-rhobh-was-awful/

• Love 2

Brandi said on twitter that she has no issues with Lisa Rinna but that she hasn't filmed with her yet either...

Kyle is in Ibiza with her daughter and Lisa V tweeted back to be careful bc that is where she got pregnant, and Kyle replied "Don't worry, I'll name HIM Ibiza."

• Love 1

Well, this is interesting.  I think.

http://www.people.com/article/eileen-davidson-joining-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-days-of-our-lives-lisa-rinna

I guess Bravo is stabling up for the new season with former soap opera actresses?

Better than Heather on OC who acts like a bad soap opera actress.

And she CONSTANTLY wants an apology. I started to wonder how much ass or feet she wants kissed before everything is OK again.

That sounds like Kim, Kyle and Lisa.  Or Shannon & Heather from OC.

Brandi said on twitter that she has no issues with Lisa Rinna but that she hasn't filmed with her yet either...

Kyle is in Ibiza with her daughter and Lisa V tweeted back to be careful bc that is where she got pregnant, and Kyle replied "Don't worry, I'll name HIM Ibiza."

There were some great pics of Lisa V and Kyle on Lisa's Twitter a few weeks ago. Some common friend who was out with them snapped them and Lisa retweeted them. Lisa and Kyle looked slightly drunk, but it could have just been because the pics were a bit grainy. They were laughing and holding onto each other and seemed to be having a grand time. Kyle retweeted them as well, but now both ladies have taken them down. I think that to an extent they are trying to not do what they did last year, which was to give away to much of the theme of this season before it even begins. By all accounts, however, Lisa and Kyle will be BFF's again this year.

• Love 2

I actually wonder if Lisa is lying about being under contract to do this season as a way to save face for all of her dramatic hemming and hawing before making the (predictable) choice to go back into the fray. It's a way to maintain her "above it all," victimized status. Otherwise, her dramatics about whether or not to return look ridiculously phony.

• Love 1

I actually wonder if Lisa is lying about being under contract to do this season as a way to save face for all of her dramatic hemming and hawing before making the (predictable) choice to go back into the fray. It's a way to maintain her "above it all," victimized status. Otherwise, her dramatics about whether or not to return look ridiculously phony.

I agree and I have wondered the same thing, but either way it all looks extremely phony. If she is returning because she has a contract, just say it outright instead of leading folks on like there is some big choice to make. She was doing that on Twitter right up until the day she announced she was returning. No one else really does it quite the way Lisa does, with the exception of Teresa G. 

Just have to chime in with some fangirling for Eileen Davidson. Days of Our Lives was a major part of my childhood throughout the '90s. I would watch it after school; it was amazingly theatrical, imaginative, and fearlessly outlandish (hidden cities under Paris, Satanic possessions, twisted quadruplets- not even twisted twins), and Eileen was an integral part of the show's creative success. She and headwriter James Reilly were a one-of-a-kind team. I probably won't be able to watch her with any degree of objectivity, but I hope she conducts herself graciously and like a lady. If anyone likes horror movies, she starred in one way back when she was 21 called The House on Sorority Row that's on Youtube in full. Typical slasher fare, but she's got good charisma as one of the main antagonists.

Oooh, I also loved Eileen Davidson going even further back, to the Young and the Restless. I always thought she was one of the most beautiful women on TV--still is. And I agree with those who liked Lisa Rinna on Celebrity Apprentice. She seems to have a good sense of humor about herself. Bring on the new blood!

• Love 3

Eileen Davidson! Okay I'm picking up my jaw off the ground. I will always think of her as Ashley Abbott, her affair with Victor. Nikki faking being sick to keep him. Then thinking she was really dying after eating an old tuna fish sandwich hahaha! I loved it.

Sorry Y&R was one my mom's stories growing up. As kids we could come home for lunch and we would watch Y&R.

Again sorry to go off topic.

I do find it interesting that Bravo decided to go soap actress. I'll def watch. Now if Brandi could go away I'd be thrilled. I just can't see her and Eileen hanging out.

• Love 5

Fingers crossed that Brandi doesn't find a way to derail the season and make it all about her. I'm optimistic about Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson bringing a fun, lighter vibe this season. And I've heard Lisa Vanderpump and Kyle are friendly again. Things are actually looking up.

• Love 4

I'm thinking more like 6-1/2 housewives.  I can't picture Kim having much air time with just her and her dog again this season.  Unless she's had something that's actually interesting happening in her life during filming, I can't really picture her getting a whole lot of time each episode devoted to her.  Maybe she'll be in somewhat of a "friend of" (sister of) capacity?

• Love 2

I'm thinking more like 6-1/2 housewives. I can't picture Kim having much air time with just her and her dog again this season. Unless she's had something that's actually interesting happening in her life during filming, I can't really picture her getting a whole lot of time each episode devoted to her. Maybe she'll be in somewhat of a "friend of" (sister of) capacity?

We can only hope!

• Love 3

Nene from Atlanta just did an interview and said she finds the rumors about her quitting the show funny, because she is still under contract with Bravo and has no choice in the matter. She said they have the option to dump her, but otherwise she has to participate for however many seasons she's contracted for. I tend to believe that is true and the same for all the Housewives. In other words, Lisa was never, ever going anywhere. They've let wives out of contracts before, but Lisa was too critical to the success of RHOBH for them to let her go.

As for the new season, I think it's going to be good because finally it has real players in the cast. Joyce and Carlton both had money, but they seemed so disconnected from the Beverly Hills/Glamour/Hollywood aspect of this show. Now they're adding two loaded actresses with interesting family lives and that are at the top of their field. Lisa Rinna has daytime success, plus Melrose Place, a successful fashion line and a couple stores in Beverly Hills (not to mention talk shows, Celebrity Apprentice, etc.) and then Eileen is an Emmy winner with an huge deal to perform on TWO soaps on two different networks. I think the closest to that every happening was Victoria Rowell on contract with Y&R and Diagnosis Murder for many years.Throw in Camille and Adrienne recurring (possibly Taylor) and this season has the potential to be huge.

I can't wait till we get more details. I want to actually see Eileen filming or some sort of group shot or news from a party or something.

• Love 2

Confirmation from Adrienne herself that she will show up here and there this season.  Count me as happy. I always liked Adrienne and thought she got a raw deal from Brandi and Lisa. It will be nice to have her back in a limited manner. Look how good Lu came out in her diminished role.

With the addition of Lisa R, Eileen Davidson, and Adrienne, I think it is going to be a great season.  

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/adrienne-maloof-returning-real-housewives-beverly-hills-mend-005000614-us-weekly.html

Nene from Atlanta just did an interview and said she finds the rumors about her quitting the show funny, because she is still under contract with Bravo and has no choice in the matter. She said they have the option to dump her, but otherwise she has to participate for however many seasons she's contracted for. I tend to believe that is true and the same for all the Housewives. In other words, Lisa was never, ever going anywhere. They've let wives out of contracts before, but Lisa was too critical to the success of RHOBH for them to let her go.

Carlton had said the same thing - that she had a 3 year contract - Bravo's option of course. Lisa did an interview last week that I posted earlier, where she just flat out admitted that she was under contract with Bravo for another season.  This is one of the reasons I don't like Lisa - the way she plays with her fans, working them up into a frenzy. No one else does this.  The whole will she/won't she drama about her coming back. She had her fans on Twitter going crazy with the thought she wouldn't come back, and she would post things like "we will see. it has all just been so hard". That would make them even more crazy, begging her, reminding her that she was the entire show. All the time she knew she was coming back, but waiting until the very last  possible minute to confirm it (by the time she confirmed they were already filming). 

• Love 1

Gah.  I finally weaned myself off of RHoNJ and BH was next on the chopping block, but now...I can't do it.  My God, I love Lisa R and Eileen Davidson reminds me of my Y & R days.  Just when you think you're out, They suck you back in. 

• Love 3

I'm looking forward to the prospect of so many guest players/friends-of-the-housewives. I think these shows function best when you have a lot of the guest players coming in to stir the pot, as opposed to the main HWs being the chief instigators.* Atlanta benefits from having a lot of crazy side characters, Luann on NYC was more entertaining this season in her demoted role, and even on BH, the most legendary of episodes (the dinner party from hell) was largely due to Allison DuBois. With Adrienne, possibly Camille and Taylor in supporting roles, maybe they'll add interest without bogging things down the way they might have as official wives.

*The Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick notwithstanding.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 3

I'm excited about this casting news, too!  We used to watch Days in college, and there was a storyline where Kristin faked a pregnancy, and Stefano had hired a Kristin lookalike named Susan (also played by Eileen) who had buck teeth and this INSANE voice, to carry a baby for her.  When we would get drunk, we would come home imitate that insane voice over our sorority intercom system to wake everyone up.  I hope she does her crazy Susan voice.  I might just have to call into Watch What Happens Live when she's on to ask her to do that, LOL. 

I'm excited about Rinna and Hamlin!  One of the very few Hollywood couples that have been together forever-it will be awesome to see their home life.

• Love 3

Dana Wilkey was indicted on federal fraud charges in June but it's now coming to the surface.

Here's the press release straight from the United States Attorney’s Office: Two San Jose Residents And A Miami Woman Indicted For Defrauding Blue Shield Of California

In the second scheme alleged in the Indictment, Dana Wilkey, with the participation and assistance of Skylar Phoenix, entered into a fraudulent marketing contract between Blue Shield and Adwil Agency, Inc., which included the regular payment of undisclosed kickbacks from Wilkey to Skylar Phoenix, Lissa Phoenix, and Rodeo Pink, a shell corporation held by and for the benefit of Skylar Phoenix. Between in or about February 2006 through at least February 2012, Dana Wilkey, through Adwil Agency accounts, paid directly to Lissa Phoenix, Skylar Phoenix, and Rodeo Pink, approximately 87 checks totaling approximately $360,000 in illegal and undisclosed kickbacks related to Adwil Agency’s business with Blue Shield.

Well, well, well!  If I didn't know that I'm wide awake, I'd think that I was dreaming!  Lisa R and Eileen!  NEW BLOOD!!!  That's exactly what this show needs!  After the last season, I didn't have much hope for the show.  In fact, I hated the whole season.  Now, though, we have a new season to look forward to and two new women to get to know!  NOW, can we please send Brandi to the Correctional Home for Oversexed Wannabes and pop the champagne cork?!  Here's to a good season!!!

I'm amazed over this Dana Wilkey news. So, is that how she got her expensive watch?   No wonder she drank so much.  She was allegedly breaking the law to the tune of a lot of money!

Edited by Lisin
remove extra space
  • Love 3

It does look like I will have to return, in spite of Brandi. I really got to like LIsa R.. on Celebrity Apprentice and Harry is so wonderfully nasty and conniving in Mad Men that I develeoped a whole new respect for his talents. I don't know Eileen but hopefully she will be interesting. Thank heaven Carlton is gone.

I really wanted to see Kim go, but I suspect they are worried about losing Kyle if that happens. I don't actively hate Kim, as I do Brandi,but she is soooooo boring.

• Love 1

Rodeo Pink?    Yeah, not surprising that Dana is a schemer.

I think it's good for Kim to have the show.  And I like having more of the ladies as recurring characters.  It feels more real when you see the same people at events even if they aren't the focus of them.  We'd get a glimpse of that in OC when we'd see some former castmates in the background of some events.

• Love 2

I'm excited about this casting news, too!  We used to watch Days in college, and there was a storyline where Kristin faked a pregnancy, and Stefano had hired a Kristin lookalike named Susan (also played by Eileen) who had buck teeth and this INSANE voice, to carry a baby for her. 

I remember that! I had totally forgotten about Susan. Thanks for the memory jog! Eileen was so awesome in that role! I hope they show a clip of it on RHBH.

Wow that's some serious stuff. I thought Dana's Father was wealthy. She should also be collecting some child support checks for her son. I wonder why she felt the need to risk her freedom for $300,000. All of these wannabe's trying to front like they're living a jetset lifestyle on a McDonald's budget. Risking jailtime and being away from your children can't be worth it.

• Love 1