Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/real-housewives-of-bravo-ranked/entertainment

All 89 Real Housewives, Ranked

By Brian Moylan

40. Lisa Rinna (RHOBH): Like a birthday piñata bursting with crazy observations, this soap opera veteran can be a whole lot of fun, especially when she's breaking wineglasses and lunging for Kim Richards' throat -- but her crusade against Yolanda Foster's Lyme disease seems a little mean and misplaced.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4

I like this one! LOL  "25. Brandi Glanville (RHOBH): No one has gone from underdog to goat faster than Brandi, who was skewered by the Sisters Richards when she was first introduced, but eventually took her "no filter" shtick too far and started lashing out in violent and unpredictable ways. If Bethenny is the good version of unfiltered, Brandi is her evil cousin, cruelty masquerading as honesty.

• Love 5

Great read. Was BM tossing some shade at the wives he likes vs the ones he doesn't via the embedded images? LVP looks stunning; Jill Zarin looks deranged.

Maybe still making up for last year? He wrote in his recap after her birthday party last season that there was no way she was as young as she claimed. I think he estimated her as 10 years older than she was saying. He was being snarky, as he always is. He regularly mocks their looks, their hair, their clothes, their false claims about no plastic surgery, etc. He got some flack for this, however, from LVP on Twitter and from her fans. He did something he has never done before to anyone else he has mocked: he apologized to her in his next blog. He got flack for that at well. Lots of people didn't like the fact that he was giving in to the pressure of LVP and her fans, while never doing so for the others.

• Love 1
He did something he has never done before to anyone else he has mocked: he apologized to her in his blog.

Well, obviously the guy got caught in Lisa's mind-melding web.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

This seems like Mr Charapambobopolis is trying to pin the mental injuries from his very obvious physical domestic violence against Camille, on Frasier, who seems to have once grabbed Camille's arm, and had heated arguments with Camille. And Camille hasn't claimed Frasier abused her, these are a psychiatrist's notes, intended to be used by the psychiatrist. 

Though no decisions have been made, Holland — who was with the billionaire Viacom and CBS mogul for five years — has a backstory that rivals any in the ZIP code. After being introduced by Millionaire Matchmaker star Patti Stanger, Holland began dating Redstone and quickly established herself as an influential figure in his life.

Patty, really? :P From the Hollywood Reporter link.

• Love 1
(edited)

From Yolanda's thread:

4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

The article says, "Lyme disease is off the table for her storyline.… Bravo gave Yolanda an ultimatum—her storyline this season will be looking for love since she is now single."

It also says, "Lisa Vanderpump, Kyle Richards, Erika Girardi and Lisa Rinna will all return for the upcoming new season. Kim Richards will also continue to make appearances." Does this mean Kathryn and Eileen are gone?

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, editorgrrl said:

From Yolanda's thread:

The article says, "Bravo gave Yolanda an ultimatum—her storyline this season will be looking for love since she is now single." Yay, no Lyme! 

It also says, "Lisa Vanderpump, Kyle Richards, Erika Girardi and Lisa Rinna will all return for the upcoming new season. Kim Richards will also continue to make appearances." Does this mean Kathryn and Eileen are gone?

Sounds like it to me but Intouch has not been stellar on the details.  That would be fine with me.  I like Kathryn but understand why they may not want her back.  I don't like Eileen, not even a little, never did.  

• Love 3

I am going to take a wild running stab and say Yolanda is NOT into looking for love.  That will be manufactured BS, of course.  If that is what they have to do to keep her off the Lyme train, I can deal. 

• Love 2

This link has an interview with a reality show editor.  It is on Rob Cesterino's (sp?) web site.  He covers Survivor and BB mostly but others as well.  Though this interview focus in on Survivor there is good information here about how stories are created on reality TV.  It is audio only and long but easy to listen in the background. 

Some interesting information. 

http://robhasawebsite.com/reality-tv-post-production-editing-molly-shock-podcast/

• Love 2
3 hours ago, wings707 said:

I am going to take a wild running stab and say Yolanda is NOT into looking for love.  That will be manufactured BS, of course.  If that is what they have to do to keep her off the Lyme train, I can deal. 

Agree!  But unfortunately all I can hear in my mind is "It's hard to find da love when you are dealing with da sick."

• Love 2
10 hours ago, princelina said:

Agree!  But unfortunately all I can hear in my mind is "It's hard to find da love when you are dealing with da sick."

Well, I hope that article is correct about Bravo telling her to drop the Lyme talk or you are not coming back.  

• Love 4
21 hours ago, editorgrrl said:

... Does this mean Kathryn and Eileen are gone?

I heard on Radio Andy's Sirius station today -- on a show called "Reality Bites," I think -- that reports are that Kathryn won't be coming back for a second season.  They didn't mention anything about Eileen.

• Love 2

There is another report that Yo will be asked back with the stipulation that Lyme is off the table. We should know fairly soon since they start filming at the end of June or soon thereafter.  It is all just rumor now.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/6/2016 at 6:36 PM, wings707 said:

This link has an interview with a reality show editor.  It is on Rob Cesterino's (sp?) web site.  He covers Survivor and BB mostly but others as well.  Though this interview focus in on Survivor there is good information here about how stories are created on reality TV.  It is audio only and long but easy to listen in the background. 

Some interesting information. 

http://robhasawebsite.com/reality-tv-post-production-editing-molly-shock-podcast/

I am quoting myself here because much of what Molly says is relevant to this franchise and I think you would get a lot out of it.  I know things are manipulated to the hilt but sometimes I find myself defending the imagined integrity of this show.  

I am a twat for buying into the notion that maybe they really let things unfold.   They do not.  I am finally coming out of my cloud of trust to see that the bullshit is much more intense than I thought.  And I thought a lot!  

UnReal lit the way to my deeper understanding.  This season illustrated this more profoundly than others.  Chad?   Really?  You want us to believe that he applied and CH knew nothing about his rage until Evan spoke to him.  Really?  REALLY?  

I will watch this show until it dies, it has become as integral in my life like Christmas.  I love it, hate it and think it is most boring offering on TV.  How can that be?  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Speaking of Brandi - no thread for her new reality show?  Good!  She needs to go away.

I looked for it but didn't want to request it because I won't watch it and don't want to mod it. I was just curious enough to check and see what posters were saying but it doesn't seem like anyone is interested. You can request the forum if you want. Someone who is not me will volunteer to mod it . 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

I looked for it but didn't want to request it because I won't watch it and don't want to mod it. I was just curious enough to check and see what posters were saying but it doesn't seem like anyone is interested. You can request the forum if you want. Someone who is not me will volunteer to mod it . 

I am right there with you on not watching.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

I checked the ratings, there was nothing remotely interesting to me in the trailers so it didn't even dawn on me to turn on the show, apparently I wasn't alone:  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/06/15/tuesday-cable-ratings-june-14-2016/  It does not even show up.  So much for Brandi delivering ratings.  Her star power seems to be dimming.  With Yolanda off RHOBH there doesn't seem to be a slot for her.

• Love 4

I watched Brandy's new show while I did a craft project, I'm ashamed to say. I turned the show off when the project was done. Of the 8 "celebs" I only recognized two, yet they're all on there talking about how their celebrity makes it hard for them to date. The therapist even went along with this idea, while repeatedly using the word "celeb" to refer to all of them in the group therapy session. The whole cast is delusional I think, even for how very low the bar is for this show.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

I watched Brandy's new show while I did a craft project, I'm ashamed to say. I turned the show off when the project was done. Of the 8 "celebs" I only recognized two, yet they're all on there talking about how their celebrity makes it hard for them to date. The therapist even went along with this idea, while repeatedly using the word "celeb" to refer to all of them in the group therapy session. The whole cast is delusional I think, even for how very low the bar is for this show.

Ha ha - I know, right?  I only recognized Brandi and the gruesome and unpleasant "Aubrey O'Day" (I refuse to believe that is a real name :), who I only know because she pops up on these type of stupid shows that I watch to see some other fool.  (Hilariously, she was on the last season of Couples Therapy with Kendra and Hank!  And I didn't even believe her boyfriend was really her boyfriend then!)

The fun part was seeing Brandi be herself around a louder bitch than she is - there was no LVP pearl clutching there!  And Brandi had to give in, even though I actually took her side in the fight.  But hearing the "therapist" carry on about their celeb status was a laugh riot.  And then when they show them hanging out they're saying things like (to Brandi) "Who were you married to?  I never heard of him."

1 hour ago, princelina said:

Ha ha - I know, right?  I only recognized Brandi and the gruesome and unpleasant "Aubrey O'Day" (I refuse to believe that is a real name :), who I only know because she pops up on these type of stupid shows that I watch to see some other fool.  (Hilariously, she was on the last season of Couples Therapy with Kendra and Hank!  And I didn't even believe her boyfriend was really her boyfriend then!)

The fun part was seeing Brandi be herself around a louder bitch than she is - there was no LVP pearl clutching there!  And Brandi had to give in, even though I actually took her side in the fight.  But hearing the "therapist" carry on about their celeb status was a laugh riot.  And then when they show them hanging out they're saying things like (to Brandi) "Who were you married to?  I never heard of him."

Aubrey should have won her season of Celebrity Apprentice! She's the shrewdest person I've seen on realty tv. 

I wonder if I am just reading this wrong. http://www.realitytea.com/2016/06/17/brandi-glanville-blames-lisa-vanderpump-joanna-krupa-lawsuit-talks-new-book-trump-dating-ben-stiller/

Didn't Brandi initially claim that story of what Joanna's lady parts smelled like came from Mohammad and that Lisa V. was a witness? This article reads as though she is saying that it was Lisa V. who told her this and now Lisa is lying in her deposition about it. Even more confusing is I didn't think that Lisa had been deposed in this case yet. I know it's Brandi so there is no credibility there, but this is sounding desperately crazy to me. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I wonder if I am just reading this wrong. http://www.realitytea.com/2016/06/17/brandi-glanville-blames-lisa-vanderpump-joanna-krupa-lawsuit-talks-new-book-trump-dating-ben-stiller/

Didn't Brandi initially claim that story of what Joanna's lady parts smelled like came from Mohammad and that Lisa V. was a witness? This article reads as though she is saying that it was Lisa V. who told her this and now Lisa is lying in her deposition about it. Even more confusing is I didn't think that Lisa had been deposed in this case yet. I know it's Brandi so there is no credibility there, but this is sounding desperately crazy to me. 

Yes, she repeatedly said that Mohamed said this to her and LisaV on WWHL and on twitter and when she made this claim on WWHL the first time she/LisaV were no longer friends, so she would have loved to use that against LisaV back then had her claim been true. She is a lying liar that lies.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

I recognized Brandi and the guy from Jersey Shore, who I only ever saw on The Soup. I don't know who any of the rest of these "celebs" are.

So basically a bunch of other show losers fighting it out?

• Love 1

So Lisa won against Yolanda. Love it. Not only is Yolanda demoted and not coming back but Lisa has made it up with Mohammed and she gets to be the only to bring on a new friend. Yolanda must be so pissed. I shamelessly admit that this feels incredibly satisfying.

I know nothing about this woman Dorit but one pic of her in the Daily Mail doesn't do her justice and she's much prettier in other photos.

I wonder why RHBH has so many one and dones? I want to say they have more than any other franchise. Dana, Marisa, Joyce, Carlton, Kathryn, Faye (sort of), etc. 

• Love 10

I see now some speculation here about Kathryn--sorry, I missed that. I just posted a link in her thread confirming she is not coming back. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I read that Vidal Sassoon's daughter Eden is going to be a friend of this season. Don't know which housewife is her friend. 

The article I read said she and Rinna have mutual friends and that her family has a history with LVP so who knows...

• Love 1

It seems the confirmed cast is: Erika, Lisa Rinna, Vanderpump, Kyle, Dorit, Eileen with Eden, Camille and Kim rumored as either full-time wives or friends. The cast trip is going to be South Africa. We may have a better idea of the full cast once we see who actually makes that trip. For the record, Camille has said she is only a friend of, but she has been filming more than she has recently, so it's possible she'll be doing more than just a couple guest spots.

• Love 3