Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Keep $%@^*@! that Chicken!

As I understand it, few left-handed people (i.e. people who write with their left) are completely left-handed. My grandmother once bought me left-handed scissors and I had to remind her that I use my right hand for scissors. I also throw with my right but bat left. And so on.

As a lefty, I could easily have done everything "left."  But I specifically taught myself to use some things 'right' for ease, such as golf.  Must easier/cheaper to find right handed clubs, than left.  Same thing with playing the violin, I wanted to play it "left", but pretty much had to learn the "right" way.  I always love watching Paul McCartney play his bass guitar "left."

My parents sent me to a special penmanship class so I could learn to write without the hook and to limit the smudges as much as possible.  Handwriting issues, though, were probably the reason I took up typing and was one of the first people in my college classes to use a computer.

One interesting thing about lefties and computer use (so my office computer guy tells me).  Us lefties have a tendency to move the mai computer screen menu/tool bars to the upper left side or top of the screen.  He says most "righties" keep it to the right side or bottom. 

Edited by Hanahope