Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E14: Week 11: The Finale

• Start Topic

The Season Finale on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 25 kicks off with "Dancing with the Stars: Road to the Finals" (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET). This one-hour special chronicles the journey of the three remaining couples revealing never-before-seen moments, director's cut-style commentary on their past dances and the judges give their expert opinions on what to expect in the two-hour grand finale. The night continues with the Season Finale on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 25 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET). The show is packed with exciting surprises and kicks off with a high-energy all cast performance featuring a reunion of all 13 of this season's couples, the judges and hosts. Then, as decided on by a Twitter vote, one of the four finalists will perform their Freestyle dance as an encore. Pop superstar MEGHAN TRAINOR will perform a medley of her catchy hit single "All About That Bass" and newest release "Lips Are Moving." Additionally, viewers will be treated to encore performances by Randy Couture and Karina Smirnoff to "The Way You Look Tonight," Betsey Johnson and Tony Dovolani to "Material Girl," Jonathan Bennett and Allison Holker featuring tWitch to "Back In Time," Antonio Sabato Jr. and Cheryl Burke to "Tonight (I'm Loving You)," Michael Waltrip and Emma Slater to "Born to be Wild," Lea Thompson and Artem Chigvintsev to "Maneater," and Tommy Chong and Peta Murgatroyd to "Drop It Like It's Hot." Additionally, the finale will feature musical performances by NICK JONAS, singing his hit single "Jealous," and Grammy®-winning artist JENNIFER HUDSON and GORGON CITY, performing "Go All Night." Then, with less than 24 hours to prepare, the three remaining couples will Fuse two contrasting dance styles that they've performed this season into a new routine they'll perform for judges' points. At the end of the night, the public vote from Monday night will be combined with the judges' scores from both nights to crown the Season 19 Champion.

Or Tavis Smiley, apparently. They must be part of the 13-contestant number, though. Can't say I'm disappointed, really. As a runner myself, I'm not exactly a fan of Ms Jones, and I had to rack my brain to remember who the 13th contestant even was.

Edited by majormama

ugh 3 hours!!! I do not have time for that. Agree with fishcakes but replace Alfonso with Janel.

I respectfully disagree. I like Val and think he's a great dancer/choreographer, but when it comes to that fake showmance shit with Janel, I don't have time for that.

• Love 1

Len controlling the low rider is something I can't unsee.

But Sharna and Peta are adorable together. 

Twitch? Who the heck is that?

So You Think You Can Dance alum...he and Alison met there. Still one of the best hip hop dancers from that. 

Edited by mtlchick

I actually think Jonathan may have been better if Allison had called in tWitch to help her teach him. He was impressively in sync during that hip hop segment.

Also, the snowglobe pro dance was what I wish DWTS would get back to. More of that and less of the girls' "Who Runs The World" dance. Thanks, show.

• Love 3

Thanks to everyone who cleared up my confusion about Twitch. I've never seen SYTYCD.

I don't think I like the contestants bringing us back from break. I like seeing the pros.

Edited by TiredMe
So the only way Bruno is too shocked to say anything is showing up with a birthday cake.

As long as no one is jumping out of it with handcuffs, otherwise I'm pretty sure things will get R-rated very quickly. But I liked how he didn't get it at first that the cake was for him, he was too busy shaking his grove bits.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

I wonder if Zendaya is there?

Isn't she always there?  It's like she has nothing else to do but hang around.  Her and Joey Fatone.

Sometimes when Sadie speaks, I can't understand what she's saying?!? Not sure what's up with that.

I can't understand what she's saying, either.  Plus, she sounds like Miley Cyrus.  I hear her voice and I quickly turn around to find out why am I watching something with Miley Cyrus on it.

Anyway.  That samba/quickstep was no Amber and Derek samba/quickstep.  And what was that horrible song they were dancing to?

Edited by superdeluxe
I think everyone is getting 10s across the board and I hate that because it just negates the whole point of making them dancing again. They could cut down the finale time if they 'tdidn waste time on this crap.

I give you a 10 for this post.

It's like Oprah giving away cars: "And you get a 10! And you get a 10! Everybody gets a 10!!!".

• Love 21
Are the pros dying? Because that's what that segment felt like.

I know this over-bloated mess is killing me. They do love to play up the dramatic on this show. But all three do seem spent to me at this point.

Finally...I really don't know what else to say, I haven't felt this happy with any Winner, except maybe J.R. with Karina. Wow...why am I so damn emotional??

• Love 5

I think that was the most understated reaction to winning I've ever seen from someone on this show.

I kind of like it.

But it's well deserved win, so I'm happy. But why did no one pick Whitney up until Derek thought to do so? That's like ... the most memorable photo from each winner!

• Love 7
I think that was the most understated reaction to winning I've ever seen from someone on this show.

He was just so happy, I loved it. No flopping on the floor and carrying on, just tears of happiness and joy. I'm so glad he pulled through and got this. I also loved how calm his son is, heh, he just sits and watches and probably wonders why everyone has seemingly lost their collective minds.

• Love 15

But it's well deserved win, so I'm happy. But why did no one pick Whitney up until Derek thought to do so? That's like ... the most memorable photo from each winner!

I have never really liked Derek all that much, but what I will always give him credit for is that he's the first person to always pick up the female partner for a celebration, regardless of whether it's a pro or a contestant. Maybe it's because he always has to watch his partners wait to get lifted, but I always remember him being the first person to lift up Melissa Rycroft during her win, while everyone else was busy hoisting up Tony.

So glad Alfonso took this. Such a well-deserved win, and couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

• Love 6

Go, Alfonso! That was the only acceptable result IMO.

I guess we're stuck with Witney now that she's got a mirrorball. She joins Peta and Mark in good company winning after her second season.

Won't cry for Sadie. She got so many views, so many fans and looks like a less unfortunate Miley Cyrus. I see many ABC affiliated guest star roles in her future, a la Gilles Marini.

Wonder if next season, Season 20 will be another crack at All-Stars? Tom and others seemed quite uncertain about the show's future after S20.

I'm so glad Alfonso won. When Sadie got 10s for that fusion, I was really wondering if that meant she won. I wish the scores for the fusion had actually been based on the dance though. Janel's was really good and should have been higher. Not that it really mattered anyway.

I liked the snow globe dance with the pros a lot. I wish they'd spend more time on those types of fillers.

• Love 3

THANK GOD!  All that working through pain paid off in the end! Earlier on Instagram Alfonso and Sadie said the sweetest things to each other and you could tell how close they really are.  After seeing what they said to each other I was hoping they would be the last two standing.

• Love 3