Type keyword(s) to search

Eileen Davidson: Queen Eileen, Bold and Beautiful

• Start Topic

I suppose that if the housewives are supposed to be all "show their real life" and "mention it all" exposing a husband as a cheater and an affair with a married man is off limits?

But then we are determined to  supposedly "expose" LVP for giving info to ROL.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I suppose that if the housewives are supposed to be all "show their real life" and "mention it all" exposing a husband as a cheater and an affair with a married man is off limits?

But then we are determined to  supposedly "expose" LVP for giving info to ROL.

Now I’m confused.  It wasn’t off limits.  Eileen herself acknowledged it:  she said they were both married when they met, she talked about their divorces, and she discussed how she and Vince’s ex-wife worked through things to become friendly.  That was all during her first season.  Then LVP pretended it hadn’t happened and brought it up again her next season like we were all hearing about it for the first time.

• Love 9

Yeah, that's what made it shady on LVP's part. Plus she knew Eileen didn't want to discuss it further, but LVP did it to...well, who knows what LVP's motivation was, but it was a dick thing to do.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Now I’m confused.  It wasn’t off limits.  Eileen herself acknowledged it:  she said they were both married when they met, she talked about their divorces, and she discussed how she and Vince’s ex-wife worked through things to become friendly.  That was all during her first season.  Then LVP pretended it hadn’t happened and brought it up again her next season like we were all hearing about it for the first time.

That is not what happened. Eileen said that Vince was her third marriage. LVP showed surprise as she thought it was her second. LVP then asked about when their love affair started. She didn't bring up anything she was just making conversation based on what Eileen herself brought up. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

How could Eileen be jealous when she looks much younger than frumpy, matronly LVP.  And she has won 2 Emmys for Best Actress while LVP's acting career never took off.  The closest LVP ever got to an Emmy was the one she beg to hold at Eileen's house.

It was also ridiculous how LVP complained about Erika not sending the right condolence, considering how horrible LVP was to Eileen with the deaths in her family.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

That is not what happened. Eileen said that Vince was her third marriage. LVP showed surprise as she thought it was her second. LVP then asked about when their love affair started. She didn't bring up anything she was just making conversation based on what Eileen herself brought up. 

That's how I remember it, too.

I found Eileen unremarkable and unmemorable.  She was some soap actress I'd never heard of (I don't watch soaps), married to a Van Patten I'd also never heard of.  She hosted an event where her hubby was watching the girlfight from the garage.  She sucked up to Erica with a soap part, but then pissed her off at some dinner with an offhand remark.  She may also have had a tete-a-tete with YoYo on the beach, where Yo tried to fill her head with BS.  That's it.  Not a scintilla of personality or personal insight; she was one giant yawn for me.

ETA - I think I may have liked her "cluttered old lady" house, that others criticized.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, tealeaves said:

How could Eileen be jealous when she looks much younger than frumpy, matronly LVP.  And she has won 2 Emmys for Best Actress while LVP's acting career never took off.  The closest LVP ever got to an Emmy was the one she beg to hold at Eileen's house.

It was also ridiculous how LVP complained about Erika not sending the right condolence, considering how horrible LVP was to Eileen with the deaths in her family.

Eileen is the Queen in the Soap Opera World. She was a boring non-entity in the Reality World not even as entertaining as Witchie-poo or Pamela with the $50,000 sunglasses. She conquered and dominated the world of Evil Twins and returns from the dead but was a joke in the world that the Real Housewives live in.

So naturally she has to attack the Real Queen instead of remaining in her own little realm. The fact is that LVP probably forgot she even existed. Maybe she should concentrate on stopping her third husband from gambling away her kids college fund. Just saying.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tealeaves said:

I agree with all this, but I do think LVP is a very beautiful lady. :)

I will say when I found out Eileen's age, I was surprised. I pray I age like that! I've watched her on TV since I was a child, but it still took me by surprise because she looks so damn good. 

• Love 3

LVP then asked about when their love affair started.

Except LVP knew all that already...

where her hubby was watching the girlfight from the garage. 

That was the funniest part of the whole evening.

Ridiculous, but also a delicious irony to it (much like her comments about Adrienne skipping the reunion).

So naturally she has to attack the Real Queen

Real Queens don't quit lol

She conquered and dominated the world of Evil Twins and returns from the dead but was a joke in the world that the Real Housewives live in.

Which apparently is a longer shelf-life overall than conquering the world of Reality TV...

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

where her hubby was watching the girlfight from the garage. 

I also loved when they were overseas and calling their husbands to talk about the big fight brewing.  As I recall, Vince just chuckled and told her to kick ass and take names.  I loved how he was supportive, but didn’t really get sucked into the drama.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Ridiculous, but also a delicious irony to it (much like her comments about Adrienne skipping the reunion).

Which apparently is a longer shelf-life overall than conquering the world of Reality TV...

👏

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I was about to say something similar. LVP has been a top Bravoleb for what, a decade? These soaps go on for hundreds of years. I’d rather be an enduring soap star than a reality tv star with some longevity.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Hiyo said:

LVP didn't complain about Erika sending a card, though. She simply asked why Erika didn't call her. Erika turned that moment into a thing so that she would have a story line.
Also, LVP sent cards and flowers to Eileen and her family when Vince's dad died.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, link417 said:

I’d rather be an enduring soap star than a reality tv star with some longevity.

I wouldn't want to be either of those, but I'd take LVP's lifestyle over Eileen's, hands down.  I'd love a menagerie and a devoted, cranky old husband.  And a moat with bitchy swans who chase the likes of Kyle!   ;~)

• Love 12

LVP didn't complain about Erika sending a card, though. She simply asked why Erika didn't call her.

I think they ended up being the same thing...also, LVP was calling her out in front of everyone.

• Love 5

Well since I dont want to work that hard and I like to have a life outside my job, I'm going with reality star who pitches Cuntkins with filmnoire on QVC. 

We will branch out eventually with a pet line featuring poop bags and poop bag accessories called something hilarious that filmnoire will come up with.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

The clock does seem to be ticking on that...for her and most of the HWs, too.

Much as I love Housewives, acting > reality TV. I think most people would rather have Susan Lucci's career than Snooki's, but I get to some people (like Lisa Vanderpump), temporary fame/Twitter followers is everything. 

• Love 9

It’s about relevance in the world of today. Snooki and Kim Kardashian are what is relevant. 

Susan Lucci and Luke and Laura were the shit in the 1980’s but have gone the way of the pet rock and cabbage patch dolls.

Witness the fact that the only juice that imperious snot Eileen Davidson got in the last year was when she attacked LVP.

Eileen might as well have been in vaudeville. That’s why she tried and failed to be a Real Housewife in the first place. 

Of corse there are a bunch of whippersnappers   on YouTube who have a million followers that none of us have ever heard of so go figure.

• LOL 6
On 9/21/2019 at 5:57 PM, MatildaMoody said:

LVP didn't complain about Erika sending a card, though. She simply asked why Erika didn't call her. Erika turned that moment into a thing so that she would have a story line.
Also, LVP sent cards and flowers to Eileen and her family when Vince's dad died.

But why didn't she call?  🤣

• LOL 10
On 9/21/2019 at 1:07 AM, Hiyo said:

Yeah, that wasn't a good look for LVP. Certainly not if she was friends with Eileen, which she had been at that point. Especially since she saw how Eileen hated whenever Brandi brought it up, so why would LVP do that to a "friend"?

From what I recall she was score-settling - they were in NY and LVP was being "honored" with a magazine or something, and the others found the hotel LVP wanted them at to be unsatisfactory and decamped to a house one of them had access too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, princelina said:

From what I recall she was score-settling - they were in NY and LVP was being "honored" with a magazine or something, and the others found the hotel LVP wanted them at to be unsatisfactory and decamped to a house one of them had access too.

Oh yeah I remember that! People were partying, and the women couldn’t sleep. I don’t like anything or anyone messing with my sleep either. 

• Love 3

Holy hell, what is the world coming to? I started watching Another World and DOOL from the very beginning, '64-'65, on NBC. It was a full time job ditching school often enough to stay current with the storylines. One of my friends liked the soaps on ABC and I was like pffft until I laid eyes on (a very, very young) Tom(my) Lee Jones on One Life To Live. 

I wonder if any/how many DOOL cast members got a decent severance package? 

• Love 1

Eileen used to be on DOOL but someone else is playing her character now. 

The situation with DOOL is that they are only guaranteed to be on until Sep. 2020.  They haven't been renewed yet.  However, they're so far ahead in their production schedule that they actually have most of the episodes in the can through June. They're about to take a four month break.  Releasing the actors is so they don't have to pay them during that time and allegedly so they can change contracts should the show be renewed. 

• Useful 2

My sister took a summer job and needed someone to keep her updated on DOOL.  She sat me down a week before she started work to teach me the characters. I don’t watch it anymore, but have a special place in my heart for Marlena and Don Craig and Jennifer and Hope and (showing my age here) Sister Marie.  Curious to see what happens.

• Love 2
On 9/22/2019 at 4:06 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Witness the fact that the only juice that imperious snot Eileen Davidson got in the last year was when she attacked LVP.

Eileen might as well have been in vaudeville. That’s why she tried and failed to be a Real Housewife in the first place.

I guess it’s a YMMV situation because I always found Eileen far more palatable than any of the other BH Ho-weaves. I found her to be refreshingly different and less prone to making drama for dramas sake (I’m looking at YOU Vyle, Rinna, LVP, DUHrit).

I also don’t see how her time on this show was a ‘fail’ in any way. But then again, she has an actual career whereas most of the other Ho’s seem to have ‘careers’ made exclusively to pimp on this show. Eileen has had a very successful career in the soap industry. No, it’s not Shakespeare, but she is very successfuI, and I think of all the BH Ho’s, she doesnt need this show, never did. The rest are nothing without it. If that’s a fail, then I’ll take that fail all day, every day. 

ETA: Yes, Eileen is still on YR. She left last year I think it was, but new show runners came on and she’s now back here and there’s but not full time.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 13
23 hours ago, gingerella said:

I guess it’s a YMMV situation because I always found Eileen far more palatable than any of the other BH Ho-weaves. I found her to be refreshingly different and less prone to making drama for dramas sake (I’m looking at YOU Vyle, Rinna, LVP, DUHrit).

I also don’t see how her time on this show was a ‘fail’ in any way. But then again, she has an actual career whereas most of the other Ho’s seem to have ‘careers’ made exclusively to pimp on this show. Eileen has had a very successful career in the soap industry. No, it’s not Shakespeare, but she is very successfuI, and I think of all the BH Ho’s, she doesnt need this show, never did. The rest are nothing without it. If that’s a fail, then I’ll take that fail all day, every day. 

ETA: Yes, Eileen is still on YR. She left last year I think it was, but new show runners came on and she’s now back here and there’s but not full time.

Agree. Eileen was a breath of fresh air for me, and yes she’s one of the few who doesn’t need the show. Some of the others are nothing without Bravo. She’s a talented actress who can make you root for the villain. I’ve always been a fan of hers and was surprised she was going to become a RH. Much as I’m a sucker for these shows, Eileen is too good for them. 

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

Eileen aligned herself with Rinna so she is eternally tainted.

Yes, but Rinna was not today's Rinna back then.

I always liked Eileen. I think we saw for the first time Erika for who she really was in the way she treated/attacked Eileen.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Eileen has also stood by Erika during all of this mess. Even after everything that has come out. It’s one thing to say “I believe my friend didn’t know what her husband was doing at the time” but to continue to support her (as Rinna, Kyle, Dorit, and Teddy all have) after she’s said and posted really obnoxious things about the victims and shown absolutely no empathy for them says something about the character of the person standing by them and that includes Eileen. Until she makes a statement disavowing Erika she will remain unlikeable to me and I want her nowhere near this show. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, glowbug said:

Eileen has also stood by Erika during all of this mess. Even after everything that has come out. It’s one thing to say “I believe my friend didn’t know what her husband was doing at the time” but to continue to support her (as Rinna, Kyle, Dorit, and Teddy all have) after she’s said and posted really obnoxious things about the victims and shown absolutely no empathy for them says something about the character of the person standing by them and that includes Eileen. Until she makes a statement disavowing Erika she will remain unlikeable to me and I want her nowhere near this show. 

I didn't know she supported Erika....

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

She was defending Erika last fall and hasn’t made any statements disavowing her support. She’s also liked her Instagram posts more recently than that. Until she makes a statement that her views have changed I have to assume she’s still supporting her. If she was still defending her a year ago after the Housewife and the Hustler came out, after the L.A. times released their article, after Erika showed zero empathy for the true victims and posted that awful cartoon painting herself as a victim of the widows, orphans and burn victims, I’m not sure what’s going to convince her. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

It's been a couple years since Eileen's been on the HWs, and a lot has happened since then.

Plus, I seriously doubt Eileen would come out of the blue to denounce any support she might have given Erika in the very beginning when all the facts weren't fully available.

Unlike some of the HWs, Eileen's not a stupid woman...and she knows when to keep her mouth shut.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Soapy Goddess said:

It's been a couple years since Eileen's been on the HWs, and a lot has happened since then.

Plus, I seriously doubt Eileen would come out of the blue to denounce any support she might have given Erika in the very beginning when all the facts weren't fully available.

Unlike some of the HWs, Eileen's not a stupid woman...and she knows when to keep her mouth shut.

But it wasn’t the very beginning. A lot of things had come out at the time she was supporting her. Why should she keep her mouth shut now? If she’s changed her opinion then it would be the right thing to do after publicly supporting and standing up for someone who has said and done the things Erika has. Eileen clearly doesn’t know when to keep her mouth shut because she stood up for Erika on multiple occasions in the face of her viciousness and callousness towards both the victims of theft and her fellow housewives. 

• Love 1
On 9/18/2022 at 11:42 PM, glowbug said:

Eileen has always struck me as seeing herself as a person willing to keep an open mind, but also willing to call people out when they needed it. But if she’s still supporting Erika after all this… Had she gone totally radio-silent on social media that would have sent a message. But apparently Stockholm Syndrome can affect people from a distance. The last thing we (or the show) need is another EJ ass-kisser or fence-sitter, especially after this season.

How EJ always has her defenders beats the living hell out of me. She is perhaps the one of the most — if not THE most — despicable people on reality TV. Disappointed in Eileen, but I won’t kick about bringing her back, though, but nly after ALL the trash gets taken out.

(Denise will always be my first choice to return.) 

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, glowbug said:

But it wasn’t the very beginning. A lot of things had come out at the time she was supporting her. Why should she keep her mouth shut now? If she’s changed her opinion then it would be the right thing to do after publicly supporting and standing up for someone who has said and done the things Erika has. Eileen clearly doesn’t know when to keep her mouth shut because she stood up for Erika on multiple occasions in the face of her viciousness and callousness towards both the victims of theft and her fellow housewives. 

Doesn't matter when it was. As another poster said, Eileen likes to keep an open mind...and for all we know, she simply wants to keep peace within the HW "family".

There's no law that says if someone changes their mind they must come out publicly and say so. There's no good reason to rattle that cage...good, bad or indifferent.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Doesn't matter when it was. As another poster said, Eileen likes to keep an open mind...and for all we know, she simply wants to keep peace within the HW "family".

There's no law that says if someone changes their mind they must come out publicly and say so. There's no good reason to rattle that cage...good, bad or indifferent.

I was thinking about it from the perspective of the actual victims. You think it doesn’t hurt them when someone supports Erika publicly? If she has had a change of heart then disavowing Erika is the right thing to do by them. But sure, if Eileen is only thinking of herself then the logical thing to do is to stay silent if she doesn’t agree with Erika’s behavior. Personally, I think she still does (or at the very least doesn’t care) which is even worse. We can agree to disagree on this point. 

I was thinking about it from the perspective of the actual victims. You think it doesn’t hurt them when someone supports Erika publicly?

Depends on if they are following the various HWs on social media...

• Love 3