Type keyword(s) to search

Eileen Davidson: Queen Eileen, Bold and Beautiful

• Start Topic

I don't approve of adultery.  I think it's cowardly.

That said: If I was judged in the Court of Brandi Glanville and found wanting, I think I'd live.

I don't approve of adultery either but sometimes things happen because humans are far from perfect. It sounds though from the stories linked that Eileien informed her husband before anything happened which seems pretty darn grown up compared to what most people do.

Yeah I could live quite well knowing Brandi didn't approve of something I did!

• Love 3

Oh hell, I'll judge her.

Any "housewife" opens herself up to that.

The thing that struck me was how eager Vince was for her to take this job, and how nonchalant he was about the dust up in his house.  I can't help it, that SCREAMS money worries to me.  How much does he really make hosting poker?  I know salaries have really been cut on soaps (Susan Lucci's book was in the dollar store, ha!)  Why else would she even do this show?  Unlike Kyle she doesn't need the "fame."  She has that, and doesn't seem to want it.  I think she wanted to be a serious actress, and now she's reached a certain age, it's not going to happen, but the BRAVO money is good.

I like her calm, she reminds me of a Lisa V type more than Adrienne, without Lisa's sense of humor. 

Jury is out on her, although I do think she was a hell of a lot more sincere than Lipsa about the Kim stuff. 

I liked that Eileen was very honest about the money aspect right from the beginning.  On the first episode she mentioned that she had taken a hiatus from working on DOOL and Y&R, but that she had recently gone back because they needed the money. I don't think she meant "needed money" in the way that other folks do, but more in terms of keeping up the standard of living to which they had become familiar.  You don't often hear folks say things like that, so I thought it was refreshing. Assuming Vince's father is the sort of man to share his good fortune, they certainly aren't actually hurting for money. Didn't someone say Dick Van Patten got millions when he sold his pet food business to Del Monte? It might be that they don't believe in passing down wealth, or that this is something that might come to them later.

Add me to the list of folks who would consider myself lucky if Brandi didn't co-sign the way that I live my life. 

I think her thing with Eileen is more about the fact that she and her husband (and apparently their ex's) have gone on to live a very happy life by all accounts. This is simply not the way it is supposed to work in Brandi's mind. There can be no happiness after such a situation. There can only be bitterness, jealously, and overwhelming anger.  Brandi's entire identity has been about how awful it was to have been cheated on (which I get, or I should say I got it in the beginning.  Now it is just tedious). She has received sympathy for acting out over and over again because of all that she went through. What Eddie and Leanne did to her was her get out of jail free card. Even on Celebrity Apprentice, when she left a task because of anxiety, The Donald took up for her in the Board Room, saying "she has been through so much over the last few years". Barf.

If others are able to move past this type of stuff, as it appears all the people in the Vince/Eileen saga have,  it makes her look all the more crazy. 

• Love 10

I don't approve of adultery either but sometimes things happen because humans are far from perfect.

Substitute 'addiction' for adultery and that would be true, too.  But somehow I don't think Eileen's adultery will generate as many pages as Kim's addiction did.

The posters that shared their experiences in dealing with addicts gave me a better understanding of what that would feel like.  I won't take it lightly ever again. 

Maybe if the posters who have been cheated on talked about what that felt like, a greater understanding for those feelings could be had as well. 

I suspect that because it's Eileen who cheated, the topic will be largely a non-issue. 

It's great Eileen and Vince's families appear to have pulled it together in the end.  I can only hope the same for Kim and hers.

• Love 2

I liked that Eileen was very honest about the money aspect right from the beginning.

I did, too, but the cynical me thinks she's either being honest about that and also the adultery because she's just honest OR she's heading off the discussion at the pass because she knows it will go there.  If she makes it look like both things are no big deal to her, it will be no big deal to the viewers.  And that's probably how it will play out for her.

• Love 2

I did, too, but the cynical me thinks she's either being honest about that and also the adultery because she's just honest OR she's heading off the discussion at the pass because she knows it will go there.  If she makes it look like both things are no big deal to her, it will be no big deal to the viewers.  And that's probably how it will play out for her.

I can see this being the case. Get the information out there early so that you can control it a bit. Especially when you are coming on a show with a "truth cannon" who has made it known she cannot tolerate adultery. It's interesting because I always felt like this was what Brandi did. Talk about threesomes, past drug use, one night stands, etc., in a way that makes it seem like it's just no big deal, and if other people have a problem with it, then it truly is their problem. Brandi kind of dared people to judge her for all of this. I felt a little like that was what Eileen was doing with the whole cheating deal. Talk about it briefly, assure folks it was the hardest thing in the world, reveal that everything has worked out for everyone, then move on. 

• Love 3

Since you asked: As far as I know, I have been cheated on twice in my life.  Once by a long-term boyfriend, once by my ex-husband.  In both cases, I think it was the coward's way out.  If the relationship you have isn't the one you want, you pull up your sleeves and do the hard work - either of rebuilding the relationship into something you enjoy or of exiting from said relationship with as much grace and compassion as you can muster.  Seeking someone else to fill whatever gaps you perceive is trifling.  End what you're in FIRST, then move on.

By the way: It hurt more when the boyfriend cheated than when my ex did.  I was young and in love for the first time and we'd been together for years and talked of marriage.  To know he'd been sleeping around that entire time (and she wound up pregnant) knocked me flat.  It took years for me to get over it.  The next time it happened to me, I calmly laid the evidence in front of him and defied him to deny it, then gave him the timetable by which he needed to be out of my house.  I wish him nothing but blessings and abundance in his life.  He just won't be sharing that life with me.

• Love 15

By the way: It hurt more when the boyfriend cheated than when my ex did. 

See, this is the kind of discussion that makes someone like me understand better.  I'm sorry your young self had to feel that.  And your old(er) self, too.  My ignorant self would've thought the ending of a marriage would hurt more.  But I don't know.  Which is the point.  In my post above, I started to write:  "Maybe if the posters who have been cheated on - especially when children were involved - talked about what that felt like, a greater understanding for those feelings could be had as well." 

But I took out the children part.  Because I thought about it a minute and the Ignorant of Adultery Me would just naturally assume that not having kids in the mix would somehow be so much better.  But even if true for some, it would be dismissive to those that it wasn't.  Baby steps.

• Love 5

I can see this being the case. Get the information out there early so that you can control it a bit. Especially when you are coming on a show with a "truth cannon" who has made it known she cannot tolerate adultery. It's interesting because I always felt like this was what Brandi did.

Absolutely Brandi was hoping to go there.  Maybe she was actually broaching the subject of financials by starting to talk negatively about Eileen's house.

I'll be honest - I didn't even remember what Eileen said about her and Vince fighting and money and whatever else she said about going back to work. 

My thoughts about possible money issues first came up after looking at the exterior of the house and reading some other things that could be true or not about their finances.  Only then did I recall her saying something about the money.   And you know I had to go find that episode and rewind tout de suite. Regular Magnum P.I. here.

The issue is that Brandi doesn't understand grace or compassion in any circumstance.  What Eddie did was shitty.  It was shitty no matter how he and Brandi began their relationship.  It was shitty in spite of any threesomes in which they engaged while married (and I can't for the life of me understand how folks think that means she brought the infidelity upon herself - fidelity takes many forms.  If a husband and wife decide together to engage in play outside of the two of them that is not cheating and doesn't mean that they deserve whatever comes after).  Brandi, though the wronged party in this scenario, could have chosen grace.  She could still choose it today.  Not because Eddie deserves it but because it's the right thing.  She could have chosen it because it would have allowed her to walk away with her dignity intact.  She could choose it today because she shares children with him.  But she will not because she is vengeful and that spirit is eating her alive.

I don't know Eileen (outside of being Ashley Abbott) or Vince.  I don't know their exes.  But I do know what it is to be a child of divorced parents and a divorced mom.  I am thankful that my parents have chosen to forgive one another and have modeled for me what an extended family can look like when all involved act with kindness and respect.  I am glad to see (if things are the way they've been portrayed), that these folks have chosen to act like grownups, no matter how they got into the position in which they find themselves.

• Love 12

The issue is that Brandi doesn't understand grace or compassion in any circumstance.  What Eddie did was shitty.  It was shitty no matter how he and Brandi began their relationship.  It was shitty in spite of any threesomes in which they engaged while married (and I can't for the life of me understand how folks think that means she brought the infidelity upon herself - fidelity takes many forms.  If a husband and wife decide together to engage in play outside of the two of them that is not cheating and doesn't mean that they deserve whatever comes after).  Brandi, though the wronged party in this scenario, could have chosen grace.  She could still choose it today.  Not because Eddie deserves it but because it's the right thing.  She could have chosen it because it would have allowed her to walk away with her dignity intact.  She could choose it today because she shares children with him.  But she will not because she is vengeful and that spirit is eating her alive.

I don't know Eileen (outside of being Ashley Abbott) or Vince.  I don't know their exes.  But I do know what it is to be a child of divorced parents and a divorced mom.  I am thankful that my parents have chosen to forgive one another and have modeled for me what an extended family can look like when all involved act with kindness and respect.  I am glad to see (if things are the way they've been portrayed), that these folks have chosen to act like grownups, no matter how they got into the position in which they find themselves.

So beautifully said.

I have always felt for Brandi in what she went through, and also for the fact that she only gets to see her boys 50% of the time. It must be horrible. But much of the collateral damage that was done was done by her. She is the one who originally took this ugly stuff to social media and kept it ramped up. Bitching and moaning every time Leanne tweeted anything about the boys. It does suck, but that is what divorce looks like in this social age. When my dad left my mom (also for a gal he had knocked up) to start a new, younger family, it sucked. We only saw him maybe a couple of times a year for a while because he just wasn't interested (he was also a drunk which didn't help anything). It was hard for my mom to hear from us about the things we did together when we saw him and his new family. Hard for her to hear about it from the in-laws. I can only imagine if she would have had to hear and see the evidence of some of our fun with dad on Twitter or Facebook. The thing is that Brandi wants to make it all so much worse. She wants to badmouth Eddie and Leanne nonstop. She wants to find fault with everything. The flip side to her story IMO is that she is lucky to have an ex-husband who wants to be part of his children's lives. Lucky that he married someone who also seems to want this. Maybe they want it to punish her - I have no idea. All I know is that the boys will benefit from spending time with their father, as I have never heard anything about him not being an excellent father. Brandi has to be careful, however, in that many of their memories of her are not linked with fear, anger, and bitterness about Eddie. That they don't remember more of the bad stuff she said about him vs. the good stuff. This is a rocky road for kids and fills them with angst. My mom forgave my dad completely. To the extent that she would invite his new family over to our home so that we could all be together. In the end we spent holidays all together.  When my half-brothers and sisters graduated from High School or College, or when they got married, my mother was there too because we were there and they were our siblings. She came to love them despite the way they came into this world. This took some time, but my mother is the one who made it happen because she wanted it for us.  Grace indeed. 

• Love 8

Substitute 'addiction' for adultery and that would be true, too.  But somehow I don't think Eileen's adultery will generate as many pages as Kim's addiction did.

The posters that shared their experiences in dealing with addicts gave me a better understanding of what that would feel like.  I won't take it lightly ever again. 

Maybe if the posters who have been cheated on talked about what that felt like, a greater understanding for those feelings could be had as well. 

I suspect that because it's Eileen who cheated, the topic will be largely a non-issue. 

It's great Eileen and Vince's families appear to have pulled it together in the end.  I can only hope the same for Kim and hers.

When Brandi first joined the show, there was a lot of discussion on Bravo's MB about cheating, with people on both sides weighing in. Most members sided with Brandi even if they did not like her. The divorce happened only a few years before she joined the show, unlike Eileen's divorce so it would be hard to judge Eileen at this point. Also, Brandi's divorce was very much part of her story when she joined the cast, she used it often, referring to herself as newly single mom quite a bit. I find it hysterical that Brandi is in Eileen's face about her cheating with Vince yet has never taken Kim to task for cheating during both of her 2 marriages. If Brandi is all about exposing cheaters, she sure doesn't mind that Kim did it not just once but twice. LOL

• Love 3

I was cheated on when I was young and  engaged to the love of my life. The first time, I forgave and believed him when he said it would never happen again. The second time (that I found out about, there were probably others) I did one of the hardest things I've ever done and broke off the engagement four months before the long planned wedding.

It broke my heart. Although I met a very good man. fell in love and married him, my ex-fiancé' remains the love of my life. When my marriage was ending, amicably, after many years my husband told me that he had felt I had one foot out of the marriage from the day we wed. Sadly, I think he was right. When my heart broke at 21, I vowed to never, ever be hurt like that again and, probably as a result,, I never loved like that again either.

So, yeah I get how awful cheating is. Even when I realized my marriage was over and I wanted out, I knew that never, under any circumstances, would I cheat. I loved and respected my husband too much to do that to him.

However, all these years later I have learned many lessons in life and one of them is that everything isn't always black and white. Sometimes good people to bad things.  I still don't condone cheating, I never will. But neither will I hate or judge every person who has ever done so.

Like many viewers I had nothing but sympathy for Brandi when this show started. I wanted to like her and support her. But, after seeing her behavior all these years, I believe she is a truly nasty, evil woman and a terrible mother. So, her judging anyone is a bit hard for me to take.

I like Eileen. If she cheated, too bad. I don't approve. But I still like her and I still believe she is a far, far better person than Brandi. Of course, barring serial killers, I think most people are better people than Brandi.

I also don't doubt for one millisecond that, if the situation suited her, Brandi would hop into bed with a married man.    

• Love 15

I thought Brandi said (on the show?  or was it an interview?) that she was longing for the day when they could all share holidays together and put this behind them, but that none of them were there yet.  ?? 

Eileen said it took them a long time to work through the betrayal, guilt, pain, and regrets, but they eventually were able to and are "good now" as shown by that photo.

I thought Brandi said (on the show?  or was it an interview?) that she was longing for the day when they could all share holidays together and put this behind them, but that none of them were there yet.  ?? 

Eileen said it took them a long time to work through the betrayal, guilt, pain, and regrets, but they eventually were able to and are "good now" as shown by that photo.

She did say that on the show, when she was mocking Eddie's small child support check. It was the same episode when she called Leanne a CUNTry and western singer. I hope they get they get to a good place eventually. It has been 5 years now and it is not going to ever get better if she keeps making comments like this in the media.

• Love 2

Brandi also said she would never write or talk badly about Eddie/Leann in another book or interview after her first book was released and the book tour finished, she broke that promise quickly. She continues to mock E/L . She also got nasty to/about Leann about the boys on twitter just this last fall so don't count on Brandi making any real change toward Leann, ever.

As long as Brandi is on the show with Eileen, IMO, she will continue to use it against Eileen.

• Love 5

A lot of shit rolls off of Brandi's tongue.  She also pitched a fit because her mother in law was in holiday photos with her son, grandsons and future daughter in law.  Brandi decided to take the low road in the divorce and she now has to deal with the isolation on holidays.  Why would anyone risk ruining the holidays by inviting Brandi Glanvillian?  There is a continuing theme she did the same thing in Amsterdam.  She alienates for attention and then plays the poor misunderstood one.

• Love 5

Welcome, nexxie!  I was excited to see that someone had brought Eileen's thread from out of the basement.  Sadly, you will find that she doesn't inspire a lot of conversation here.  But I'm always game.

I agree that she's not shy about bringing things up with the other Hos.  But I don't think any of them pay much attention to them.  When she points out rotten behavior to the ones who are rotten, they don't care.  When she tries to enlighten others about how they should deal with the ones who are rotten, they don't care.

Apparently, the only way to get any attention is to be an addict, a crybaby, a glass thrower or  nipple show-er.

• Love 1

I agree maybe her fellow HW's didn't give her much, but as a viewer I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated her common sense, she brought something to the table that no other HW in any other franchise has ever brought. Common sense, I loved it.

• Love 11

Welcome, nexxie!  I was excited to see that someone had brought Eileen's thread from out of the basement.  Sadly, you will find that she doesn't inspire a lot of conversation here.  But I'm always game.

I agree that she's not shy about bringing things up with the other Hos.  But I don't think any of them pay much attention to them.  When she points out rotten behavior to the ones who are rotten, they don't care.  When she tries to enlighten others about how they should deal with the ones who are rotten, they don't care.

Apparently, the only way to get any attention is to be an addict, a crybaby, a glass thrower or  nipple show-er.

Thank-you ryebread!

Eileen is so sane and normal compared to some of the others - I hope she sticks around. Maybe she'll have to pull a few tricks out of her acting bag to stir the shit a little.

• Love 3

I really liked her. She seems to have a loving family, a fun job (or jobs), a sarcastic sense of humor and little patience for foolishness. She was a nice break from the insanity, meanness, sneakiness, and loudness of the others.

• Love 12

The jury is out for me.  We'll see how she behaves/reacts next season, and if she stays, during the season when the heat is on her.

There is potential, but she certainly didn't earn her salary this season.

• Love 1

The jury is out for me.  We'll see how she behaves/reacts next season, and if she stays, during the season when the heat is on her.

There is potential, but she certainly didn't earn her salary this season.

I disagree. Why would you think she didn't earn her salary? She hosted events, engaged the ladies in convivial and heated moments, opened her home and private life to the viewers.

• Love 5

I didn't find her boring. If anything, I think the other women (really LisaR, Brandi and Kim) didn't really know what to do with someone so forthright.  She feels how she feels and is damn good at letting you know, and not getting knocked off point when it becomes a discussion.

It's clearly not anything these women are used to.  I enjoy it.

• Love 12

Add me to those who didn't find Eileen to be boring and certainly feel that she earned her salary having to put up with those two menaces Kim and Brandi.

I didn't think Eileen was boring either.  They need someone who is grounded in reality.

• Love 9

The addition of Eileen was greatly enhanced by the amount of air time she spent with her husband.  Great addition as a couple.  I can't wait until next year when maybe the ladies and their husbands will have fun.  They seem to be in the off season.  Eileen added the heart and the mind they needed to be a fully rounded character. 

• Love 9

I would like to see Vince interact with Mauricio, Ken, and Harry. 

This sort of makes me wonder how Eddie would have fit in with the other men if Brandi had landed the job when they were still married. I wonder how much of the sleaze factor would come across.

• Love 2

I would like to see Vince interact with Mauricio, Ken, and Harry. 

I agree with you.   That's why I always wondered why they cast single/divorced women on the show.

• Love 1

I didn't like Eileen at first but I ended up appreciating her presence more than I thought I would.  I agree that she is grounded and genuine in her comments about what is going on.  I really liked her ITM talking about Lisar .  Well, you love honesty, now is the time to tell the truth.  This in regard to did she or did she not talk about an intervention to Brandi and what did Brandi say.   

• Love 1

Eileen might be my favorite housewife ever and in my opinion she embodies everything the other women in this franchise probably want to be-- classy, sane, intelligent, grounded, real, effortlessly stylish and naturally pretty, you name it.  I didn't find her boring in the least.

• Love 11

I agree with you.   That's why I always wondered why they cast single/divorced women on the show.

To sleep with 23 year olds and say words like "beautiful cock", because we are all suppose to be jealous or something.

• Love 3

To sleep with 23 year olds and say words like "beautiful cock", because we are all suppose to be jealous or something.

I must have missed seeing that memo!  LOL

• Love 2

I don't think Eileen is boring as much as I think there's just no there there.  When she speaks no one listens. 

Not Kim or Kyle when Eileen tried to intervene.  Not Lisa Rinna - either at Yo's party or in the wine bar in Amsterdam. The whole table of 'em at Adrienne's magic show just talked over her.  Even Vince, that day on their balcony when they were talking about the wine toss, shrugged her off and practically took Brandi's side.

She's very calm and tries to bring things to the conversation but no one will give her the floor.  I appreciate that she's not a banshee and I certainly don't want to see her rolling in the mud, but for me, she needs to bring something else because she's just getting lost in the crowd. Not to mention she's always near the bottom of this forum.  What does it mean?

It will be interesting to see how she does at the reunion.  If everyone continues to talk over her or ignore what she's saying, she might be in trouble.  She reminds me of Joyce.  Only at least Joyce had Lisa VDP's ear.  To be honest, I can't even form an opinion on Lisa V's and Eileen's relationship.  Is there a relationship?

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1

I don't think Eileen is boring as much as I think there's just no there there.  When she speaks no one listens. 

Not Kim or Kyle when Eileen tried to intervene.  Not Lisa Rinna - either at Yo's party or in the wine bar in Amsterdam. The whole table of 'em at Adrienne's magic show just talked over her.  Even Vince, that day on their balcony when they were talking about the wine toss, shrugged her off and practically took Brandi's side.

She's very calm and tries to bring things to the conversation but no one will give her the floor.  I appreciate that she's not a banshee and I certainly don't want to see her rolling in the mud, but for me, she needs to bring something else because she's just getting lost in the crowd. 

It will be interesting to see how she does at the reunion.  If everyone continues to talk over her or ignore what she's saying, she might be in trouble.  She reminds me of Joyce.  Only at least Joyce had Lisa VDP's ear.  To be honest, I can't even form an opinion on Lisa V's and Eileen's relationship.  Is there a relationship?

I think it could be that she just needs to find her place among the HWs. They're all strong personality types and while I think Eileen is strong, I don't think she's used to this dynamic. At least when you start out on the show like LVP, Kim, Kyle, etc., they all acclimated together. Then you have loudmouths like Rinna and Brandi and they sort of just had to dive in -- easier for Rinna than Brandi bc she knew Kyle and Lisa. Yolanda is kind of similar to Eileen. I like Eileen and I hope she comes back.
  • Love 4

I've grown to like Eileen.  She strikes me as a little bit odd ball in her speech and mannerisms.  And I still think she needs to hire a gardener.  ;-p   

For me to stick with any franchise,  I really need someone to like.  I hope she's back next season, too, because I think she's the only likable one left.  I liked Yolanda this season but she's probably done. 

• Love 4

Haha, she does! And at the very least, needs to replace the dying potted plants on her veranda.

I'd settle for that!!  And maybe whacking the vegetation that's growing in the gutters. :-)

• Love 1

The one thing I can say about Eileen's home-unlike LvP, Yolanda, Adrienne, Camille and Kyle (Season 1), her house doesn't seem staged to sell.  All of the aforementioned  had their homes on the market after filming the show.  I felt like it is more Real Estate Showcase than where they live.  Eileen's home shoots down that theory-it is definitely taste specific.  Kyle's got a little homier and seems like they may be sticking around for awhile.  I am sure Eileen has picked up many home décor ideas after being on the show.  My first piece of advice-don't use picture frame moulding as trim around your doorways and the like.  I think her love of antiques will forever keep her in the current mode.

• Love 1

Eileen's home decor isn't my cup of tea, but I like that she's proud of her home and comfortable with her style. I really like that she hosted 2 events at her house and we saw her and Vince with the kids in her home. These are the things I enjoy about the show and give me a better idea of who she is as a person, if that makes sense.

• Love 12

Eileen's home decor isn't my cup of tea, but I like that she's proud of her home and comfortable with her style. I really like that she hosted 2 events at her house and we saw her and Vince with the kids in her home. These are the things I enjoy about the show and give me a better idea of who she is as a person, if that makes sense.

All true for me too - Yolanda's bright and airy home with those sea views is more my style, but I thought Eileen really embraced the spirit of the show and was very generous in sharing her home and family. Hope she kicks butt at the reunion!

• Love 7

Any new character on any show takes awhile to gather interest.  She could turn out to be a favorite.  I have warmed to her. 

Her house is not my taste (understatement).  Gawd no!

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
(edited)

Eileen Davidson Verified account

‏@eileen_davidson

#Depends I am available for for future bookings. Thanks. #RHOBH #rhobhfinale

Eileen makes me chuckle. I don't think she's boring at all.

Edited by Neeners
  • Love 11

The best thing about the two events at Eileen's house was Vince looking out the garage door window at the fight on the driveway. It was so real and that made it perfect.

• Love 9