Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

I'm pretty sure that's a preview for the next episode. I don't quite understand Eileen's confusion about Lisa here. Although the quasi conflict certainly makes for interesting viewing...

Lisa's right, though, Kim isn't someone you can reason with so the best you can hope for is a half-hearted truce. Eileen, stop trying to view Kim Richards through the lens of a normal person! It's never gonna work!

• Love 3

I totally understand both Eileen and Lisa R in that clip. Eileen is like "wtf?? why are we pretending that this unacceptable (and scary!) behavior didn't happen? And why are we pretending that it's okay that she called me a 'beast' and attacked Kyle?" Lisa R agreeing to pretend everything is hunky-dory feels like a betrayal because Lisa R was with her on calling out reality (the reality being that Kim's behavior is NOT OKAY) and now she's seemingly joined Team Denial. Meanwhile, Lisa is frankly scared and defeated. I really don't think it's because Kim knows anything real about Harry. I think it's because Kim proved that she could successfully push and push Lisa until she found what would make her snap. Lisa was scared by how deeply Kim got to her and Kim was able to do this because Kim knows no boundaries. Kim will continue to go after Eileen, pushing her and provoking until she feels like she's been neutralized.

• Love 8

I'm not sure if this is a deleted scene or a preview, but it's up on Bravo.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/videos/playlist?clip=2850708

That must be a juicy secret if it's finally (thank you God!) shutting Lipsa up about Kim, Kim, Kim.  Eileen's now pissed at Lipsa too?

I understand what Eileen's trying to say but her delivery is so canned and odd.  She's a little weird. /Eileen.

When the word first came out that Lisa and Eileen were joining the cast, I wondered what a scene with two established soap stars would sound like on a reality show.

Wonder no more.  That was it..  Right there.  This is what I've been waiting for.  Put Kim, Kyle and Brandi out to pasture.  Eileen and Lisa are gettin' a storyline, folks.  It's a little late for this season but bring it for next.  They've been signed, I hear.

• Love 6

I'm not sure if this is a deleted scene or a preview, but it's up on Bravo.

http://www.bravotv.c...st?clip=2850708

That must be a juicy secret if it's finally (thank you God!) shutting Lipsa up about Kim, Kim, Kim.  Eileen's now pissed at Lipsa too?

I wonder how juicy it is, if it's coming from Kim who barely knows either of them.   According to Rinna, Kim has met Harry once, and that was the night of the limo ride from hell.

Of course, the other side of that is that Lisa and Kyle have been friends, and it could be that Kyle knew something and at one point told Kim.  Or, more likely something Brandi "heard" and passed on, like "Adrienne's lawsuit", "Lisa is trying to deport Cedric", etc. etc. etc.

Regardless, Kim had no business going there.  None whatsoever.  

• Love 1

Just turned on the tube to see what's going on with our local weather -- it's snowing here and everything is closed -- and happened upon Lisa Rinna on QVC.  LOL!  Make it stop -- and, mind you, I love her -- I do, but, really, immediate channel change. 

• Love 2

Exactly - all that concern and tears over people dying from drug/alcohol abuse mean nothing if she is now baiting Kim on twitter.  Either she cares about people dying from addiction or she doesn't.  It's fine to back away and say, "I tried.  I was coming from a place of caring.  She didn't want it and treated my like crap, so I am out of here."  But now to go on with this shit on twitter, it just undermines her credibility with me.  It's petty and unbecoming.  Why stoop to Kim's level?

AFWIW, every time she laughs at her own talking head comments, I like her a little less.  Stawp Lisa, just stawp!  I was really liking you this season.  Don't make me want the producers to take you down already.  Kim Richards is just not worth it!  

And speaking of Twitter....Lisa just asked everyone to start following Harry and he's trending so he's got to be loving this right?  I'm dying, DYING, I'm tellin' ya to know what Harry is thinking about all of this.  I mean, he has to be onboard with her #WDHD campaign, right?

Do you think he's saying, "Honey, I was dead wrong when I said I'd divorce you if you signed on with this circus.  Whew.  I'm so glad you did?"

Or the opposite?  Without knowing very much about him, it's hard to say. 

And can somebody please explain these tweets for me?  Is Bethenny tweeting Lisa?  Vice versa?  Is this a diss?  Huh???

https://twitter.com/lisarinna/status/568226531413082112

• Love 3

And speaking of Twitter....Lisa just asked everyone to start following Harry and he's trending so he's got to be loving this right?  I'm dying, DYING, I'm tellin' ya to know what Harry is thinking about all of this.  I mean, he has to be onboard with her #WDHD campaign, right?

Do you think he's saying, "Honey, I was dead wrong when I said I'd divorce you if you signed on with this circus.  Whew.  I'm so glad you did?"

And can somebody please explain these tweets for me?  Is Bethenny tweeting Lisa?  Vice versa?  Is this a diss?  Huh???

Bethenny tweeted generally. Wasn't directed toward anyone. Lisa, either because she follows beth, or was watching the #RHOBH hashtag saw it and replied.

• Love 1

She's making far too many comments about eating, food, cake that it's starting to look like she's protesting too much...

Not to mention so much about Harry. She probably feels like she needs to strike while the iron is hot. So she's putting up his magazine covers, a clip and the poster from the movie that he says killed his film career (he's naked), funny memes about 'Harry doing it'....this is either going to be very good for them or end very badly.

So I guess he must be on board.

Well, once Mad Men ends, as long as she keeps bringing the dramz on RHOB, they'll have a paycheck.

• Love 3

Just turned on the tube to see what's going on with our local weather -- it's snowing here and everything is closed -- and happened upon Lisa Rinna on QVC.  LOL!  Make it stop -- and, mind you, I love her -- I do, but, really, immediate channel change. 

I made the mistake of doing THAT last weekend, when they said the BIG rainstorm would hit at 4:30 pm on Friday.  We got some rain on Sunday/Monday.  San Diego weatherpeople have the easiest job EVAH, and they STILL get it wrong!

I do shopping channel drivebys all the time, so I've seen Lisar's stuff a time or two - better than liquid shit; not nearly as good as Joan Rivers RIP shite ...  :-)

• Love 1

I hate to say it but I was never a Lisa Rinna fan in the past. She's been around the business for a very long time and now that she's getting to be 'a little long in the tooth', as the expression goes, I feel she's game for just about anything that will keep her career moving. In the beginning of her joining this show, I was pleased with her sense of humor and fun attitude and liked her. But I can already sense that I'm not going to be a huge fan of hers in the next season.because I've already fallen out of 'like' for her. I find her and Eileen both to be just two more actors paid by Bravo to do what they have done all their lives, act. I see Lisa Rinna as the girl in high school that had a bubbly personality and was probably a cheerleader. As an adult, I can see that she needs to be liked, more than anything else. That's okay too. What I really do not like is pretending to be what you really aren't just to ingratiate yourself with people. It's transparent, and I'm starting to see that in Lisa Rinna. I know I'll get backlash of opinion for this and maybe I'm all wrong about Lisa R but I'm not firmly planted in the Lisa fan club yet.

• Love 4

Let's face it...every single HW on Bravo is/was an actress at some point in their life. And I don't care how much they or Andy protest, the show is somewhat scripted. Maybe not their actual words, but the storylines definitely. I mean, come on, who invites a lunatic (Brandi and/or Kim) to their house or out to lunch time and again knowing how loose both these cannons are??

• Love 6

Ugh.  I like you, Harry. I do.  But please stop.  Real men don't need to tweet like that.  This episode is going to ruin him if he gets too involved in Amersterdam.

They both look like they have a nice, warm buzz on in that pic.  Also, her bracelet reminds me of something else Kyle mentioned in an Holland.  Since Kyle is a practicing Jew, can she practice Kabbalah at the same time?

harry-hamlin-lisa-rinna.jpg?w=580

• Love 1

Ugh.  I like you, Harry. I do.  But please stop.  Real men don't need to tweet like that.  This episode is going to ruin him if he gets too involved in Amersterdam.

They both look like they have a nice, warm buzz on in that pic.  Also, her bracelet reminds me of something else Kyle mentioned in an Holland.  Since Kyle is a practicing Jew, can she practice Kabbalah at the same time?

harry-hamlin-lisa-rinna.jpg?w=580

Kabbahal roots are based in Judism.  So many practicing Jews also avail themselves the the spiritualism  of Kabbahal.  Just as non-Jews do. 

• Love 5
Eileen, stop trying to view Kim Richards through the lens of a normal person! It's never gonna work!

Exactly.  Kim is acting/reacting just like a narcissist and an addict.  She blows up and then forgets about it and acts like nothing happened . . . until she blows again.  I know, I've been there.  It's not fun and it's emotionally draining and confusing.  Eileen and Lisa are better off politely acknowledging Kim when they have to and then otherwise ignoring her and having nothing to do with her.  Kyle needs to get herself into therapy immediately to learn how to let go.

I made the mistake of doing THAT last weekend, when they said the BIG rainstorm would hit at 4:30 pm on Friday.  We got some rain on Sunday/Monday.  San Diego weatherpeople have the easiest job EVAH, and they STILL get it wrong!

Me too, walnutqueen!  I'm up in the OC and waited around all day Saturday for the torrential rains that were supposedly coming.  Nothing.  Rained on Sunday and we got decent rain Sunday night and into Monday but nothing like they were predicting.

I know I'll get backlash of opinion for this and maybe I'm all wrong about Lisa R but I'm not firmly planted in the Lisa fan club yet.

I'm not going to backlash you, Humble Pi, but I love me some Lisa.   I get that she may not be everyone's cup of tea (or glass of wine, as it were, he he) but I find her refreshing and funny and I love how self-deprecating she can be.  She's a very welcome change after several years of the heavy handed drama from Kim and Kyle. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, once Mad Men ends, as long as she keeps bringing the dramz on RHOB, they'll have a paycheck.

Every one of the HW's franchises has to have a "heavy" each season.

My prediction is that LisaR will continue to bring the drama on RHOBH.

I think this season is just setting the stage for LisaR.

lisaR%20Malificent_zpspkivovl5.jpg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yikes, without hair, her feature are not that attractive.  In general I think, in spite of the overly plumped lips, she's pretty.  Her eyes are amazing, even with the troweled on make up.

Meanwhile, here's her clothing line!  http://www.qvc.com/fashion/lisa-rinna-collection/_/N-lgltZ1z1380p/c.html

Sort of Walmart with much higher prices. 

Seriously bad.  No wonder they are friends.

Well, aside from their Kardashian and Resnick besties group.

Edited by Umbelina

Bethenny tweeted her and it is not a diss.

Lisa and Harry in 2010 talking about 'lip gate' and her botched plastic surgery. Her lips looked better then than now. When I see Harry Hamlin in this video I can't help but think that he's an alcoholic and that he's only been sober for 3 years, same as Kim.

https://youtu.be/tzN_mTQsrSY

I don't know if Harry is an alcoholic or not but he sure sounded like he was three sheets to the wind in that video.

• Love 4

Lisa and Harry in 2010 talking about 'lip gate' and her botched plastic surgery. Her lips looked better then than now. When I see Harry Hamlin in this video I can't help but think that he's an alcoholic and that he's only been sober for 3 years, same as Kim.

I just don't believe that Kim has been sober for 3 years. And she definitely wasn't during this season since by her own admission she took medication that wasn't prescribed to her. 

There was a lot of speculation about what Brandi meant when she said that Kim was using a patch for her hernia. Is it possible it was a lidocaine patch?

• Love 1

I just don't believe that Kim has been sober for 3 years. And she definitely wasn't during this season since by her own admission she took medication that wasn't prescribed to her. 

There was a lot of speculation about what Brandi meant when she said that Kim was using a patch for her hernia. Is it possible it was a lidocaine patch?

If she has access to Monty's medications, I would guess that the patch she used was Duragesic which is a narcotic frequently prescribed to manage long term pain. It's the type of pain management for someone with cancer that has become tolerant to the effects of other pain medications. It's just a guess, but that would be mine.

• Love 1

I think Lisar is pretty savvy and knows how the game is played. She would not be doing this unless she had a plan.

Harry is definitely on board. If not on Lisa then at least on the plan.

She knows how to keep working and I appreciate her hustle.  The best job she ever had was on Days and that has been eons ago.  She should have faded into history, but she is still here.  She will take what she can get and she will make the best of it.

• Love 2

If she has access to Monty's medications, I would guess that the patch she used was Duragesic which is a narcotic frequently prescribed to manage long term pain. It's the type of pain management for someone with cancer that has become tolerant to the effects of other pain medications. It's just a guess, but that would be mine.

That is entirely possible. Brandi did choose her words carefully. She didn't say she was prescribed a patch. She said that she was using a patch. So, it is possible that Kim boosted something much stronger from Monty's medication supply. If she openly admitted to taking one of his pills (which who knows how many she actually took), it isn't beyond her to take something else of his.

Her behavior was not the usual you would think from an opiate especially something as strong as a fentanyl patch. I suppose she could have had a paradoxical reaction. Some people do. She seemed more manic to me so more like a stimulant reaction.

• Love 2

She knows how to keep working and I appreciate her hustle.  The best job she ever had was on Days and that has been eons ago.  She should have faded into history, but she is still here.  She will take what she can get and she will make the best of it.

Exactly. I don' t understand why people are confused about Lisa turning on a dime and telling Kim that she "loves" her. She is just being a Hollywood phony. That is her job after all.

• Love 7

Exactly. I don' t understand why people are confused about Lisa turning on a dime and telling Kim that she "loves" her. She is just being a Hollywood phony. That is her job after all.

I didn't get Hollywood phony (not slick enough, imo), I got classic, codependent make-the-abuser feel better, because you see how sick and sad and shameful they are, and you've been trained to jump in and over-praise/over-comfort to make them feel better when that happens -- that reaction made me believe 100 percent that Hamlin had been a hard core (and likely unpleasant) drinker.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

I didn't get Hollywood phony (not slick enough, imo), I got classic, codependent make-the-abuser feel better, because you see how sick and sad and shameful they are, and you've been trained to jump in and over-praise/over-comfort to make them feel better when that happens -- that reaction made me believe 100 percent that Hamlin had been a hard core (and likely unpleasant) drinker.

I think you're both right.

• Love 6

PLus as soon as the blow up happened she apoligezed to everyone and was clearly shaken be her actions. The next day she still looked shell shocked and wasnt her normal bublly self the rest of the Amsterdam trip. That shows self awareness.

It also shows a steady hand and concentration to manage:  primer, color corrector, concealer, foundation, powder, blush, brow pencil, eye shadow, eye liner, some more eyeliner, lash curler and mascara. Then the lips.  And hair. If she would've looked even the teeniest bit less than normal in that morning-after scene, I would've been more convinced of how traumatized she was.

When she was standing at the window that morning with her coffee cup talking about being in post traumatic mode and that she "wasn't all there, only half there" and in survival mode...I had to laugh because when she turned around, she clearly wasn't that shell shocked. She looked perfect.

But props to her for apologizing for sure. That's uncommon for these housewives.

• Love 2

Okay,so the video clip that is up on Lisa R's blog at Bravo--bitch, I love you right now but you need to get your ass over to Kim and tell her what you said to Kyle so that Brandi's bullshit is out in the open.  Yes, you are right, Kim will believe what she wants to believe.  Yes, Kim will probably come at you again, and I understand your fears regarding this since I do think there is something going on with that Harry rumor, otherwise you wouldn't have backed off so damned fast and hard.  But gurl.  You just started on this show.  Don't make me hate you already.  Just come correct and speak the fuck up.  Clearly the other ladies are in your corner if you do the right thing--though they are clearly annoyed/aggravated/pissed off that you're being so reluctant.

Look at it this way.  At least you're not Kyle. 

Ugh.  They don't have the vid up as a separate link in the 'watch' section, it's at the very end of Lisa R's blog.  Sorry, but this is the best I can do, ryebread.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/lisa-rinna/lisa-r-i-want-to-move-on

Edited by haydensterling
  • Love 3

She knows how to keep working and I appreciate her hustle. The best job she ever had was on Days and that has been eons ago. She should have faded into history, but she is still here. She will take what she can get and she will make the best of it.

Right, why not take what she can while she's still getting offers? It's not prostitution and these short term jobs pay well.

Rinna has had many well paying gigs since Days...and as long as she can work and contribute to her family financially, why not? She looked her best, IMO, when she was on Melrose Place. I watched her on Soap Talk. Many TV actors pick up smaller parts over the years, no different than someone who contracts in Computers, insurance, banking to add to their retirement fund. They have 2 daughters yet to go to college and finance weddings, etc.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 1

Her lips look beautiful here.  You can see her upper teeth when she smiles.  I remember when she had the lip  reduction surgery, this video seems have been right after that happened.  I thought she had more done after the surgery but perhaps scar tissue started to build again.  They are hideous now.  She is a beautiful woman and they detract from that. 

Harry did seem drunkish in the video. 

As for Kim slipping and taking one of Monte's pills.  No, she took more than one and added alcohol.  I have taken narcotic pain killers twice for surgeries and my behavior did not change.  They make you feel very good, happy and give you energy.  I get it why they are valuable on the street.  No one around me noticed any change in my personality at all.  I even had a cocktail one night WITH the narcotic and still, nothing other than making me sleepy.   It was my birthday and I was among friends, one a doctor who told me it was fine to celebrate with one drink.   

And Lisa, since you know about addicts, you certainly know that interventions don't work.  Someone has to stop wanting to use.  Rehap is not a magic cure.  There is a 3% success for starters.  It is up to the addict to want to stop so badly that they do it.  Kim will take care of this on her own. 

• Love 2

Ugh.  They don't have the vid up as a separate link in the 'watch' section, it's at the very end of Lisa R's blog.  Sorry, but this is the best I can do, ryebread.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/lisa-rinna/lisa-r-i-want-to-move-on

Thanks for posting the link.  I couldn't get the clip to play on my iPad last night so I gave up and went to sleep.

If LisaR does tell the story about her lunch with Brandi, they're bound to show a clip of that lunch in the episode and if they do, it will show that LisaR was the one to bring up the idea of an intervention and not Brandi.  Yes, Brandi had expressed concern about Kim.  She said she used a patch but she also said that she has not seen Kim take a drink or a pill.

There's another clip of LisaR in the car with LisaV who is driving and they're discussing Kim (what else?)  LisaR says "It's not necessarily our place to stage and intervention."   LisaV responds with "We can't do something like that, we don't even know......"  That scene is followed by LisaV's TH and she says "If LisaR questions Kim's sobriety, she's playing with fire."

ETA:  Here's how that lunch scene played out:

LisaR:  There's a lot of opinions, a lot of things that are going on. But I do think the pressing issue is...

Brandi: ...Kim

LisaR:  ...and her health. It's not like we can do an intervention on her.

Brandi:  [Gasp]...No,  she's not a ...

LisaR:  It's not our place, but we are privy to someone who is in pain and suffering.

Brandi: Maybe you have an intervention with all of us...that's a way!

LisaR:  Well...you do all need an intervention!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Thanks for posting the link.  I couldn't get the clip to play on my iPad last night so I gave up and went to sleep.

If LisaR does tell the story about her lunch with Brandi, they're bound to show a clip of that lunch in the episode and if they do, it will show that LisaR was the one to bring up the idea of an intervention and not Brandi.  Yes, Brandi had expressed concern about Kim.  She said she used a patch but she also said that she has not seen Kim take a drink or a pill.

There's another clip of LisaR in the car with LisaV who is driving and they're discussing Kim (what else?)  LisaR says "It's not necessarily our place to stage and intervention."   LisaV responds with "We can't do something like that, we don't even know......"  That scene is followed by LisaV's TH and she says "If LisaR questions Kim's sobriety, she's playing with fire."

ETA:  Here's how that lunch scene played out:

LisaR:  There's a lot of opinions, a lot of things that are going on. But I do think the pressing issue is...

Brandi: ...Kim

LisaR:  ...and her health. It's not like we can do an intervention on her.

Brandi:  [Gasp]...No,  she's not a ...

LisaR:  It's not our place, but we are privy to someone who is in pain and suffering.

Brandi: Maybe you have an intervention with all of us...that's a way!

LisaR:  Well...you do all need an intervention!

By your own transcript, Brandi asks/suggests a "group intervention", Lisa said "It's not like we can do an intervention on her." and Brandi counters with this, "Maybe you have an intervention with all of us...that's a way!". In plain words, LisaR said no to an intervention and Brandi then suggests/pushes for a group intervention. The intervention was Brandi's idea, not Lisa's.

• Love 3

By your own transcript, Brandi asks/suggests a "group intervention", Lisa said "It's not like we can do an intervention on her." and Brandi counters with this, "Maybe you have an intervention with all of us...that's a way!". In plain words, LisaR said no to an intervention and Brandi then suggests/pushes for a group intervention. The intervention was Brandi's idea, not Lisa's.

I guess you can interpret it that way but I don't.  The first one to mention an intervention was LisaR.

ETA:  LisaR has done more talking to people about Kim than anyone else......including Brandi. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

I don't interpret it that why either. Brandi's point was, they all have their own shit they need to worry about.

That is how I saw it too.  Brandi is saying to do and intervention for all of them.  Not all of them do one for Kim.  

• Love 4

I guess you can interpret it that way but I don't. The first one to mention an intervention was LisaR.

ETA: LisaR has done more talking to people about Kim than anyone else......including Brandi.

I don't interpret it that why either. Brandi's point was, they all have their own shit they need to worry about.

Everyone in the cast would have had the opportunity to see that lunch scene with Brandi and LisaR after these episodes were filmed (as well as all of the THs) so I wonder if she (Kyle) changes her tune at the reunion. LisaR has been saying "addict" and "intervention" ever since the limo ride and poker night. I don't think she was wrong to bring it up but she has been the most vocal about it ever since.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

That video of Lisa.  Even though she asks Kyle why she's so afraid of Kim, I get the feeling that it's Lisa that's now afraid of Kim.  After Kim's out-of-left-field jab at Harry, I can't say I blame her but it does make me wonder, further, if there's something to all that. 

"I..I...won't go there.  I'm being real stubborn about it."  Imo, she looked scared.

• Love 3