Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

Well, no one truly knows the ins and outs until they have completed filming a full season. I think she came on with the stance that she didn't know all of the players well enough to make a real judgement, she only knew what she saw of them on the show. To me, that's not pretending to be unaware of prior seasons. And I don't think she has ever denied having been a fan of the show, just that she was well acquainted with all of the players in real life.

So anyone watching the show has no real idea about who is who or how they behave, or is able to make a judgement about the wives?  We have to be there filming with them?  In a way, I think you are right.  Although I seriously doubt Lipsa came in as anything other than "team Kyle." 

Anyway...

It looks like Lipsa brings some drama before the season ends, instead of just throwing shade.  I will be glad to see her mix it up..

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

So anyone watching the show has no real idea about who is who or how they behave, or is able to make a judgement about the wives?  We have to be there filming with them?  In a way, I think you are right.  Although I seriously doubt Lipsa came in as anything other than "team Kyle." 

Anyway...

It looks like Lipsa brings some drama before the season ends, instead of just throwing shade.  I will be glad to see her mix it up.

Not necessarily. I think that we can form our opinions and judgement based on what we see, but if you are new to filming the show, no matter how much of it you watched prior, you won't truly know until you've gone through it. 

I am reminded of when Kandi first joined Atlanta. She said that she was really surprised because from watching the show, she expected Nene to be someone who would be fun to hang with and thought they might actually become friends. So, she was surprised at how hard Nene came at her during her first season.

So, yes they will definitely come in with preconceived notions, but they won't truly know what's up until they are in the mix and filming.

• Love 7

She watched, and she's also socialized with some of them in her real life before ever filming with them.  Kyle?  For YEARS.  She's also close to the morally corrupted Faye Resnick, for YEARS.   I'm sure they also have mutual acquaintances. 

The idea that she didn't already know all of the inside gossip and came in blind or open minded is laughable to me.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

If I didn't know that Lisa R was friends with Kyle before this season aired, I would think she and Kyle were merely acquaintances based upon this season.  I would think she was much closer with Lisa V than Kyle.  Other than the throwaway comment that she had attended all of the White Parties, Lisa R and Kyle have pretty much kept their distance.  I think the producers did this purposefully to bring on an "ally" for Lisa V.  In reality I think the flip is true - Lisa R is much closer to Kyle than to Lisa V.  She and Lisa V are really only acquaintances.

I think Lisa R is a good producer minion and will do whatever the producers tell her.  She has been a really good addition thus far.  And if she sticks around for season 2, I think she has given the producers enough to give her somethings to work with for a sneaky edit.

• Love 4

If I didn't know that Lisa R was friends with Kyle before this season aired, I would think she and Kyle were merely acquaintances based upon this season.  I would think she was much closer with Lisa V than Kyle.  Other than the throwaway comment that she had attended all of the White Parties, Lisa R and Kyle have pretty much kept their distance.  I think the producers did this purposefully to bring on an "ally" for Lisa V.  In reality I think the flip is true - Lisa R is much closer to Kyle than to Lisa V.  She and Lisa V are really only acquaintances.

I think Lisa R is a good producer minion and will do whatever the producers tell her.  She has been a really good addition thus far.  And if she sticks around for season 2, I think she has given the producers enough to give her somethings to work with for a sneaky edit.

I don't think it was just a throw away comment about the White party. Lisa R. said something about having known Kyle for years. I don't think she ever tried to hide that.

The idea that she didn't already know all of the inside gossip and came in blind or open minded is laughable to me.

I disagree. I don't think it is at all laughable that a person who knows how reality shows work from having had their own and from being a fan would come into a new reality show with an open mind regarding the cast and the cast gossip. Knowing the gossip from watching prior seasons or from simply being friends with current cast members would make it that much more important for her to come on with an open mind. It is the only way that she would be able to find her own place amid the crazy.

• Love 8

Have Lisa R and Kyle spent any time together this season other than in the Limo on the way home?  I have seen her with Lisa V. several times and Lisa V. saying how she loves her and wants to have a threesome (2xs) with her.  I would think that Lisa V. and Lisa R. are much closer than Lisa R. and Kyle IRL.  I think IRL it is just the opposite.  

I think this is production's doing, and the women are going along with it.  I suspect it is because Lisa V ended last season with no friends who were returning this season and production didn't want her to seem isolated with Kyle having a whole "team."  They didn't realize that Brandi would implode so quickly.

• Love 2

Have Lisa R and Kyle spent any time together this season other than in the Limo on the way home?  I have seen her with Lisa V. several times and Lisa V. saying how she loves her and wants to have a threesome (2xs) with her.  I would think that Lisa V. and Lisa R. are much closer than Lisa R. and Kyle IRL.  I think IRL it is just the opposite.  

I think this is production's doing, and the women are going along with it.  I suspect it is because Lisa V ended last season with no friends who were returning this season and production didn't want her to seem isolated with Kyle having a whole "team."  They didn't realize that Brandi would implode so quickly.

Lisa R has known Kyle for years, they are real life friends. She has also know Lisa V for years but not as a real life friend but they were friendly. I don't think Lisa R is hiding anything but I do think they producers are using her for Lisa V until we see Lisa V/Kyle get close again which I think we will now see. JMO

• Love 4

I think Lisa V will be very wary of Lipsa, because although Lisa is trying to help Brandi bury herself first, I seriously doubt Lisa V has forgotten about Kyle's part in last season.  She knows Lipsa is close to snaky Kyle.  She may try to win her over though.

I can't WAIT until Lisa gets even there, and she will, she just has to take care of Brandi first.  I think Yolanda and Kim are both too sick to fight well, so Lisa will get in a few digs, but wait until they are stronger to really take them down.

“Throw me to the wolves and I shall return leading the pack.”

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

Get ready for LisaR to go totally bonkers tonight.  Just because the little truth cannon, lol, Kim tells her HH has cheated during his marriage to her...big deal. I'd look at the source first before totally losing my cool. And Kim is some lousy source for anything period. 

tumblr_inline_mxy28tfIRI1qe4tmd.gif

Wonder how many drinks LisaR had before this happened? 

lisa-rinna-breaks-wine-glass.gif

lisa-rinna-lips.gif

tumblr_m5srfl6O6L1qg5ea1o1_500.gif

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 1

I'll admit it, Lisa R is cracking me up. After her daughter stomps out of the house, I was dying laughing at her, "Teenage daughters living in Los Angeles, trying to keep them off drugs, trying to keep them from having sex, trying to keep them from becoming snotty little assholes <cracks up>, I mean, it's a full time job." Turns to the dog, "did you like that? I did not."

She just seems like she's a lot of fun to be around.

• Love 9

I know that there is much love for Rinna here- and I hate to be the voice of dissent during such a dark season, however there is something off about her that I just can't put my finger on. The way she puts on her "teacher voice" to dispel her "words of wisdom" is laughable. And she does this all the time.

"You know what isn't okay- is when anybody turns anything around. It's manipulative. I don't like that." Said with the gravitas of a middle east peace treaty. She has a way of saying the most obvious statements as if they are great pearls of wisdom that have taken years to pressure-form in her mind.

Lisa R. keeps pronouncing, "there's substance abuse issues in this group. Nobody talks about it." Really?? Everybody talks about it. I feel like I hear it so often I'm now bored by it. But then of course Rinna is the expert on substance abuse because her husband's brother- or is it two brothers now?- have alcoholism.

I can't wait until Lisa throws her wine, thus proving she is no better than the rest.

• Love 6

I like Lisa R and I LOVE her hair but she really did a disservice to herself the minute she had her lips fixed but then reverted back to getting them injected again. No just no. And bring on the bitch fighting should be interesting! 

http://www.examiner.com/article/lisa-rinna-too-tough-to-join-the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills

I would probably squash out Brandi Glanville in the first five seconds. I love those girls though. I love Kyle Richards -- I don't want to get into it with her. I like Lisa Vanderpump very much ... I don't want to have drama in my life.

I think I'd have to cut all their heads off ... The truth of the matter is, I'd kill them all.

• Love 1

Hm.  She didn't strike me as a full length, fur coat kind of gal. Real or faux.  And Harry's response to her suggestion of doing the RHOBH is kind of dickish.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2969162/Lisa-Rinna-reveals-husband-Harry-Hamlin-nearly-divorced-signed-Real-Housewives.html

The former Melrose Place actress said: 'I went to Harry and said I'm thinking about [doing RHOBH] and he looked at me and said, ''If you do this show, I'll divorce you.'''

Interesting.

26145B4A00000578-2969162-image-a-71_1424

• Love 1

And Lisa Rinna said some true stuff because she manages truth like its her job (it is)!

Another snippet from the same Kelly and Michael interview where Lisa tells us that Harry said he would divorce her if she signed on:

http://tamaratattles.com/2015/02/25/lisa-rinna-on-kelly-michael/#more-14534

"I have become this truth-seeking monster."

Cannon. Monster.  Tomatoe...tamahtoe.  That didn't work so well for Brandi.  Branding yourself a truth anything is problematic because everyone has skeletons in their closets and you have to be ready to take as much as you dish.  Depending on what 'truths' Kim threatens Lisa with next week, it appears Lisa might have a hard time taking what she's dishing.

• Love 3

Yup, and I can't WAIT.

These "wives" shows build you up, and then, shocker!  It's you in the hot seat.  The public is fickle, and Bravo can edit the show any way they want to.  Show mostly "tipsy" scenes, or "sad" scenes, any old time they want to. 

I really wonder how Harry feels about having his wife do this show.  Having his brother's deaths, and his own issues with alcohol used as a reason to take Kim apart?  If someone used my sister's death that way, on a fucking BRAVO show?  I'd be so hurt, and so furious.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3

Yup, and I can't WAIT.

These "wives" shows build you up, and then, shocker!  It's you in the hot seat.  The public is fickle, and Bravo can edit the show any way they want to.  Show mostly "tipsy" scenes, or "sad" scenes, any old time they want to. 

I really wonder how Harry feels about having his wife do this show.  Having his brother's deaths, and his own issues with alcohol used as a reason to take Kim apart?  If someone used my sister's death that way, on a fucking BRAVO show?  I'd be so hurt, and so furious.

Presently they are still married so my guess is HH didn't have an issue with Lisa and the content she spilled on the show.  Perhaps by illustrating with the deaths of HH's brothers Lisar is letting Kim know there are no secrets when it comes to addiction in the Rinna/Hamlin household. 

• Love 4

Presently they are still married so my guess is HH didn't have an issue with Lisa and the content she spilled on the show.  Perhaps by illustrating with the deaths of HH's brothers Lisar is letting Kim know there are no secrets when it comes to addiction in the Rinna/Hamlin household. 

I also seem to remember that even though Harry originally said that he would divorce Lisa if she did the show, he was the one that came back and said he thought that she should do it. I can't remember where I read that, but I remember that as part of the "Will she or won't she join the show?" "Holy crap! She DID join the show" media blitz.

• Love 2

Today I caught LisaR on a recent episode of CSI on demand.  She played a trashy divorced mother of two girls who were kidnapped and admitted letting the 17 year old daughter drink alcohol and take E while she was at home.  Her total screen time was no more than one minute so I honestly believe the theory that LisaR wants (needs) to return to RHOBH and is upping her drama quotient is a valid one.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

I didn't know Lipsa did Playboy!  Warning, NSFW, actually Playboy shots there.  http://www.shabooty.com/2009/04/21/lisa-rinna-in-may-2009-playboy-magazine-way-too-much-bush.php

Lisa Rinna -- Too "Drunk" to Function? http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/22/lisa-rinna-drunk-oscar-red-carpet/

Lisa with Anderson Cooper, talking about her cursing on air. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUFscgX8j30  Lipsa and Kim Richards on WWHL together in 2013. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

I didn't know Lipsa did Playboy!  Warning, NSFW, actually Playboy shots there.  http://www.shabooty.com/2009/04/21/lisa-rinna-in-may-2009-playboy-magazine-way-too-much-bush.php

Well, she said she'd do anything for a buck... (nice bubbies, though.)

In the extended version of that Anderson Cooper interview, she told a (tediously) long story about how at a restaurant one night, some woman followed Harry into the men's room and tried to seduce him.  When Harry got back to the table he told Lisa about it.  Lisa went looking for the woman who was now in the women's bathroom  at the mirror.  When she saw Lisa, she asked for her autograph. Lisa went off on her (these are Lisa's words).  Turns out, the woman Lisa went off on came forward and says that's not how it happened at all.  She passed Harry in the vestibule outside the bathrooms and said 'hello' and continued to the women's room. Lisa came in, and this woman (who had not accosted Harry at all) asked for Lisa's autograph and was stunned when Lisa starting ranting about touching her husband. She'd always been a fan of Lisa's.   LOL.  Lesson learned, ladies.  Don't touch Lisa's husband!  Don't even imagine you're touching him.

• Love 3

The video has been removed from You Tube.  It's no longer playing for me on TMZ either, but it may work for you?  http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=1b15c786-8ab6-4c44-bd25-3d5ba7ed5b7a

The title is

Lisa Rinna -- Too "Drunk" to Function?
2/22/2009 7:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
The first limo hasn't even arrived yet and Joey Fatone is already accusing his TV Guide co-host Lisa Rinna of pounding down a few too many champagne cocktails. This is gonna be fun.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/22/lisa-rinna-drunk-oscar-red-carpet/#ixzz3T1M8jGrJ

0222_fatone_tvguide_video-1.jpg

Edited by Umbelina

I also seem to remember that even though Harry originally said that he would divorce Lisa if she did the show, he was the one that came back and said he thought that she should do it. I can't remember where I read that, but I remember that as part of the "Will she or won't she join the show?"

She's currently talking about how that went down in most interviews on TV and in print.  I mean, yeah, he's the one that came back and gave her permission to do it, but he also threatened to divorce her if she did.  I think Harry Hamlin might be the only person on earth that Lisa is afraid of.  Unfortunately, I think they're both going to be sorry.

"This is a true story. I went to Harry and said I'm thinking about doing RHOBH and he looked at me and said, 'If you do this show, I will divorce you,'" Rinna, 51, told co-hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan.

"And I said, 'Okay,' and I walked away and I was done with it."

Rinna, of course, joined the Bravo series anyway in July 2014, but only after Hamlin, 63, took some time to mull over the idea. (The couple wed in 1997 and are parents to daughters Delilah, 16, and Amelia, 13.)

"[He said], 'I've thought about this, and I actually think it may be a good idea for you to do it,'" Rinna recalled. She added: "So if Harry says okay then you can do it!"

Well, she said she'd do anything for a buck... (nice bubbies, though.)

In the extended version of that Anderson Cooper interview, she told a (tediously) long story about how at a restaurant one night, some woman followed Harry into the men's room and tried to seduce him. When Harry got back to the table he told Lisa about it. Lisa went looking for the woman who was now in the women's bathroom at the mirror. When she saw Lisa, she asked for her autograph. Lisa went off on her (these are Lisa's words). Turns out, the woman Lisa went off on came forward and says that's not how it happened at all. She passed Harry in the vestibule outside the bathrooms and said 'hello' and continued to the women's room. Lisa came in, and this woman (who had not accosted Harry at all) asked for Lisa's autograph and was stunned when Lisa starting ranting about touching her husband. She'd always been a fan of Lisa's. LOL. Lesson learned, ladies. Don't touch Lisa's husband! Don't even imagine you're touching him.

And we all know that a woman who was just turned down by HH after throwing herself at him, and was then subsequently accosted by his wife for doing so would never lie to make the Hamlin/Rinnas look bad. /sarcasm

• Love 4

Yup, and I can't WAIT.

These "wives" shows build you up, and then, shocker! It's you in the hot seat. The public is fickle, and Bravo can edit the show any way they want to. Show mostly "tipsy" scenes, or "sad" scenes, any old time they want to.

I really wonder how Harry feels about having his wife do this show. Having his brother's deaths, and his own issues with alcohol used as a reason to take Kim apart? If someone used my sister's death that way, on a fucking BRAVO show? I'd be so hurt, and so furious.

Didn't he already write a book that included details about his brothers? If so how would her going on tv to discuss it cause him any grief?

The little we see of them together I don't get the impression they live separate lives and not talk. I'm sure what is and is not to be shared with the viewers is a discussion they had early on. Especially if he had reservations about her doing the show in the first place. I mean, Lisa is not garbage like Brandi and isn't going to trash and embarrass her family just to get a few seconds more of air time. At least based off of the persona she's put out there so far.

• Love 1

And we all know that a woman who was just turned down by HH after throwing herself at him, and was then subsequently accosted by his wife for doing so would never lie to make the Hamlin/Rinnas look bad. /sarcasm

Have a Snickers.

• Love 3

Lisa Rinna -- Too "Drunk" to Function? http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/22/lisa-rinna-drunk-oscar-red-carpet/

Lisa with Anderson Cooper, talking about her cursing on air. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUFscgX8j30  Lipsa and Kim Richards on WWHL together in 2013. 

Very interesting that they removed the video. I guess she doesn't like having her lack of sobriety "out there".

I'm a  bit confused about LisaR's birth family. Maybe one of you kind persons will fill in the blanks.

Lisa stated that Nancy is her half sister. I think they share the same dad.

Lisa moved from ____________ to Medford OR when she was 6 or 7.

Her sister (full sister?) died of an alcohol/seconal overdose when Lisa was 6.

So, it's weird that she had a sis who was 15 yrs older that her. The move to Oregon happened near the time of her sister's death. I guess I'm just trying to piece together her sibs and the move.

(edited)

Very interesting that they removed the video. I guess she doesn't like having her lack of sobriety "out there".

You think Lisa had it removed? I didn't see the video. What show was she on?

I'm a bit confused about LisaR's birth family. Maybe one of you kind persons will fill in the blanks.

Lisa stated that Nancy is her half sister. I think they share the same dad.

Lisa moved from ____________ to Medford OR when she was 6 or 7.

Her sister (full sister?) died of an alcohol/seconal overdose when Lisa was 6.

So, it's weird that she had a sis who was 15 yrs older that her. The move to Oregon happened near the time of her sister's death. I guess I'm just trying to piece together her sibs and the move.

Yeah, Idk, maybe it was also her half sister. I don't think she stated half. I think she just said sister. Edited by imjagain

I can't recall all the exact details, but Lisa explained her family in the episode where she goes to visit her parents.  Maybe it is still posted on Bravo? 

She did say the older sister we met is her half sister, by the same father.  I would guess her sister that passed was her half sister as well given the age difference.  I don't think we are told if her dad's first wife died or if they divorced before he married Lisas birth mother.

I can't recall the name of the town, but it sounded like they lived in a trendy area before being relocated to Medford.

• Love 2

I don't know if Lisa had it removed but it is strange that it is gone from the internets. It went poof for some reason. She probably doesn't have that kind of pull. But I like my theory even if implausible. It fits my preferred narrative.

• Love 3

I don't know if Lisa had it removed but it is strange that it is gone from the internets. It went poof for some reason. She probably doesn't have that kind of pull. But I like my theory even if implausible. It fits my preferred narrative.

Lol, OK got it. And yeah I'm sure she has very little pull.

Lisa V was the only person who was able to limit her bad "edit" turn successfully. I think Eileen is pretty savvy and she may be able to also. The rest of them are way to volatile. IMO Lisa Rinna is going to crash and burn. She likes the spotlight too much.

I'll have to agree that Lisa R likes the spotlight, bless her heart.

actressli_drb_57000504_600.jpg

Here is a photo of the guppy-lipped TV Guide carpet host -- and former "Dancing With the Stars" alum -- on the corner of Melrose Avenue and Melrose Place with a sign  urging drivers to "Honk for Lisa Rinna on the new 'Melrose Place!'"

The actress turned reality TV star has confessed she'd do anything to appear on the new show. And somehow, we believe her.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/heather-locklea-2009-03

• Love 2