Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

She had surgery last year to reduce her upper lip and she looked good.  Did the tissue grow back or did she fill them again?  It was filmed and I remember this vividly.  Anyone else?  

I think she answered the question as to why she signed on to do this show.  She said she never says no to making money.  I know little of her or where she came from (don't care enough to google though).  She has a killer body.  

• Love 2

I like her so far. She seems down to earth (relatively speaking compared to this group), has a sense of humor about herself and her career, a good work ethic and hustle, and just seems happy with her life. I hope that lasts because it will be a nice change from the miserable harpy vibe the show got into the last two seasons. Plus I love her house.

• Love 4

I like her, too.  I have absolutely no background story on her, though, other than she's married to Harry Hamlin, was on my mom's favorite soap and on the few occasions she has been on my radar, I find her lips impossible to look at.

From what I've seen so far, she seems very down to earth and fun.

Also a fan of her house.  Looks lived in and comfortable.

• Love 3

Ok, I'll admit, I watched Lisa and Harry's reality show and liked them and the show. They both seem pretty down to Earth for Hollywood types. BTW, they did do an episode about Lisa having her lip implant removed and I vaguely remember she was in a lot of pain. I hope she didn't have in put back in. Ouch!

• Love 1

Ok, I'll admit, I watched Lisa and Harry's reality show and liked them and the show. They both seem pretty down to Earth for Hollywood types. BTW, they did do an episode about Lisa having her lip implant removed and I vaguely remember she was in a lot of pain. I hope she didn't have in put back in. Ouch!

She didn't have an implant, something was injected, silicone or fat.  They did a lip reduction by cutting away some of the tissue on her upper lip from the bottom.  She looked fabulous.  Somewhere along the line she must have had more injected.  Not a good look.  Taylor on RHOBH has an implant, they cannot be removed.  

She didn't have an implant, something was injected, silicone or fat.  They did a lip reduction by cutting away some of the tissue on her upper lip from the bottom.  She looked fabulous.  Somewhere along the line she must have had more injected.  Not a good look.  Taylor on RHOBH has an implant, they cannot be removed.  

I really don't understand why she did it in the first place. I used to watch Lisa on DOOL, when she was Billie. She had normal full lips and was very attractive (think Angelina Jolie lips, as opposed to clown lips).  

She was one of my favorite characters on DOOL because she was a bit of a a tough tomboy during a time when likable female characters were damsels. So, lips or no lips, it will take a lot to make me dislike her. So far, I find her pretty cool and I love that she lives in an obviously expensive house that is very understated. It looks like a home.

• Love 3

Ok, I'll admit, I watched Lisa and Harry's reality show and liked them and the show. They both seem pretty down to Earth for Hollywood types.

Just curious, but based on prior reality show exposure. Do you think that Lisa's explanation about treating Harry like 'King' in Ep01 is a legitimate dynamic or is she making fun of Yolanda?

Edited by ParadoxLost

I really don't understand why she did it in the first place. I used to watch Lisa on DOOL, when she was Billie. She had normal full lips and was very attractive (think Angelina Jolie lips, as opposed to clown lips).  

She was one of my favorite characters on DOOL because she was a bit of a a tough tomboy during a time when likable female characters were damsels. So, lips or no lips, it will take a lot to make me dislike her. So far, I find her pretty cool and I love that she lives in an obviously expensive house that is very understated. It looks like a home.

Not sure what DOOL is but I was aware of her on talk shows and DWTS.  Her explanation was she did not realize she was doing too much, she just kept going back and no one, Harry, included commented on it.  She agreed that she over did it.  So what happened?  They are back big again.

I have never seen their house.  I like her.  

Edited by wings707

Just curious, but based on prior reality show exposure. Do you think that Lisa's explanation about treating Harry like 'King' in Ep01 is a legitimate dynamic or is she making fun of Yolanda?

I never saw that side of Lisa on their reality show so maybe it is a jab at Yolanda.  I'm not sure.

Not sure what DOOL is but I was aware of her on talk shows and DWTS.  Her explanation was she did not realize she was doing too much, she just kept going back and no one, Harry, included commented on it.  She agreed that she over did it.  So what happened?  They are back big again.

DOOL=Days of our Lives

I have always liked her. She seems authentic and like she would be a lot of fun. I didn't know she and Harry had a show. He seems pretty neat, too.

I need to get caught up with this crew!

• Love 2

There was something about her conversation when she was looking at the Scream script and talking about the Depends commercial when she was talking about trying to stay relevant and out there that made me think she did the lips again because that is where most of her press comes from.  Its her thing.

I enjoyed Lisa's scenes involving her family. She seems like a good mother and wife. I haven't seen much of her daughters, but they seem normal so far. I want to like Lisa. However, something about her annoys me to no end. When she is with one of the other wives she seems almost too agreeable and too desperate to me. During her lunch with Eileen she seemed a little too fangirly and too eager to please. Ditto her shopping trip with LVP. I doubt that Lisa R would have disagreed with Lisa VP's opinion no matter what she said about the dresses. It came across as slightly fake, though I don't think it was intentional on her part. I get that this is her begining as a "housewife", and I do think she will calm down by the end of the season. She certainly doesn't have the worst qualities, but for now she's just not my cup of tea.

• Love 3

I enjoyed Lisa's scenes involving her family. She seems like a good mother and wife. I haven't seen much of her daughters, but they seem normal so far. I want to like Lisa. However, something about her annoys me to no end. When she is with one of the other wives she seems almost too agreeable and too desperate to me. During her lunch with Eileen she seemed a little too fangirly and too eager to please. Ditto her shopping trip with LVP. I doubt that Lisa R would have disagreed with Lisa VP's opinion no matter what she said about the dresses. It came across as slightly fake, though I don't think it was intentional on her part. I get that this is her begining as a "housewife", and I do think she will calm down by the end of the season. She certainly doesn't have the worst qualities, but for now she's just not my cup of tea.

From interviews and appearances on other shows, I think this is just Lisa's personality. She is that super excited fan girl when it comes to just about everything. It may be because she once hosted a talk show, or it may just be that she tends to err on the side of positivity. But, everything I have seen of her, from her and Harry's reality show, to Celebrity Apprentice, to interviews on shows like WWHL, seems to point to her having a cheerleader mentality in just about everything.

I can totally see that getting old in large doses, but right now I find it refreshing after all of the sniping and nitpicking of last season.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 2

I did think about her past as a talkshow host. I can definitely see that in her personality. She's certainly preferable to a Carlton type! Lisa R's personality is very similar to my own, so I find myself cringing at times when I recognize things that I would say coming out of her mouth. I did love her TH when she said that she thought her house was haunted & her interactions with her daugthers though! My prediction is that "respect her hustle" is going to be her go-to praise/catchphrase for the season. Hopefully if she's back next season she can turn it into her tagline (her tagline this season is perfection).

• Love 3

My favorite moment at Yolanda's party was Lisa Rinna in Yolanda's walk in refrigerator.

I used to watch the decorating show she did --Merge--and I always loved her--she does love looking around other people's homes!

• Love 2

Don't know how to link to it, but just saw a clip of the extended scene of Brandi talking to Lisa and Eileen in Yolanda's yard. Lisa Rinna is my new fave! She ripped Brandi a new one and gave her the perfect warning not to mess with her. Wish they had shown the entire moment on the actual show

• Love 5

My favorite moment at Yolanda's party was Lisa Rinna in Yolanda's walk in refrigerator.

I used to watch the decorating show she did --Merge--and I always loved her--she does love looking around other people's homes!

I remember that show! It was so fun! Lisa Rinna was a hoot on it, because of her love what other people have in their houses. Great memory!

• Love 2

Lisa and I go way back.  In the late 80’s and early 90’s I worked in Event Marketing for what was then Capital Cities/ABC.  When needed, I would be an “audience member” at Regis & Katie Lee, “an extra” on One Life to Live and “seat filler” when ABC hosted the Daytime Emmys.  Soap opera fans had a reputation for being over zealous.  At events, they’d trample over wives and girlfriends.  At the 1990 Emmy awards, I witnessed several female fans (perhaps, accidentally) shove a pretty, brunette to the side in order to get to Peter Barton (Scott Grainger) of the Young and the Restless.  The young lady was visibly upset, so I immediately went to her side.  I asked her if we could take a picture together and she sweetly obliged.  Years later, I thought the new actress on Melrose Place looked very familiar, so I checked my “soap opera” photo album.  Sure enough it was the “young lady from the Emmys.”  However, her hair was now shorter, her lips appeared fuller, but at least she was still slim.  Ah well!

• Love 12

I love, love, love Lisa Rinna.  I want to BE Lisa Rinna.  She is officially my favorite HoWife.  

I really enjoy her scenes with Eileen and with Lisa V.  She seems game for most anything and fun.  Such a change from the shrieking harpies and melodramatic whiners we've been exposed to.

• Love 6

I love Lisa's personality.  She seems fun to be around.  I have it on good authority that the two finalists for Regis' co-host were Kelly Ripa and Lisa.  I think Lisa would have been the better choice. 

• Love 6

Last night on WWHL she said that she works out everyday.  And the trainer from Biggest Loser said, "And you watch what you eat."  And she said, she watches everything she puts in her mouth.  She is very careful.  Which is so refreshing to hear from someone so thin - like skinny, skinny (when you look at her stomach in jeans! So nice to hear that she doesn't just have a great metabolism!

• Love 5

Ok forgive me if this has been discussed but didn't Lisa have her lips redone and fixed? They looked normal for once but now it seems she has gone to her old habits and had them plumped up again. Did she think NO one would know her?

As for her hair, I love it. I have tried that look but my hair curls in the back and no amount of the straight iron could keep it flat.

• Love 1

Agreed with everybody's postives upthread regarding Lisa. Now I like her even more when I looked at that link where she wears the same Alaia dress from 10 years ago and still looks damn fine in it.

Regarding her hairstyle, I love the fact that she is non blonde (just a few strategic blonde highlights) and the cut is short and modern. She looks youthful yet age appropriate.

She is down to earth and self deprecating. I also loved her on the HGTV home show "Merge". She sure wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty on that one - painting, varnishing, and refurbishing used items

Yes, on WWHL the other night, she readily admitted that she works out 6 days a week. One of my favorite morning radio hosts, Stephanie Miller, said this week that she sees Lisa in her spinning class regularly.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 5

I love Lisa's personality.  She seems fun to be around.  I have it on good authority that the two finalists for Regis' co-host were Kelly Ripa and Lisa.  I think Lisa would have been the better choice. 

Oh good god yes! 

Ok forgive me if this has been discussed but didn't Lisa have her lips redone and fixed? They looked normal for once but now it seems she has gone to her old habits and had them plumped up again. Did she think NO one would know her?

As for her hair, I love it. I have tried that look but my hair curls in the back and no amount of the straight iron could keep it flat.

She did and they looked FABULOUS!  I was disappointed to see she went back to filling them.  I wonder if the tissue grew back in the form of scar tissue.  ??? 

Probably not!

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

Lisa did get her top lip (slightly) deflated/had some of the silicone taken out, about 5 years ago. It was a main plot point in the reality show she and Harry did for TVLand called "Harry Loves Lisa". Silicone adheres to the muscle fibers which makes it extremely difficult to have it taken out/removed and many plastic surgeons won't even try because things end up looking worse post-surgery than better. And she did have some complications with hers because the stitches wouldn't bind together, which I guess is another issue that comes up frequently with silicone injections. While, IMO, her lip didnt' look substantially smaller, it did look more even and the surgery got rid of that weird "flap" she has on either side along the bottom of her top lip.

She said she was doing it to show her daughters how to be happy with their looks and not feel the need to modify their bodies. Given their latest "chub chub" remarks and the fact that it is so obvious that Lisa has re-injected her lip to its former helium balloon glory, it's pretty obvious she says things just to say them and doesn't actually walk the walk.

• Love 3

At first I didn't understand why both Eileen and Lisa were cast, but now that I've seen their personalities and how they're interacting with the other Hwives it makes more sense. Lisa is naturally more effusive (sometime too much so) but she's also comfortable with herself, can laugh at herself, and is capable of talking about the other wives without it sounding malicious or vindictive. She's been pretty blunt about Kim's state but it hasn't had a nasty edge. I'm sure Kim is really going after her because she still thinks Lisa texted something other than "Kim's not feeling well" to Kyle on poker night. Infidelity is an easy low blow. No originality.

Frankly even if LisaR blows up at Kim primarily for airtime/to keep a spot on the show, I don't care. I hope she channels her DOOL mom and uses some old school soap opera dialogue when she does it. Kim is only going to cower and cry anyway.

• Love 5

I'm enjoying Lisa, even with the little bumps in the road.  I think she may be playing a little coy at times.  A woman who states she'd love to see Kyle do a striptease and the splits, probably wouldn't be so creeped out by Brandi's fantasy - which was really mostly about voyeurism.  Now I'm a bit of a prude, so I don't want to see Kyle doing anything sexual, nor am I turned on by Brandi's fantasy.

I think Lisa looks great, but every time she breaks out with one of her great laughs in her THs, you can see the pulling of her tight face.  Also, Lisa really over-enunciates with those lips.  Maybe she has to because they're stiff.  I happened to pause a scene when she was going on and on in the limo.  It was right when she way over-enunciated "one" and she looked like a bizarre blow up doll - huge lips and big gaping mouth.

• Love 1

As I've said before I'm like Ramona and I don't like new girls but Lisa just entered seamlessly. Usually if a new girl jumps into the drama I roll my eyes because it's obvious they are vying for screen time. Not so with Lisa, it just seems organic and real. Two thumbs up from me ( as well as for Elieen for different reasons).

• Love 2

I'm not so sure there really is a show, much less on a network.  I think that was another way to throw a whole lotta shade at Brandi. A whole lotta. While it's funny in the current scheme of things, I've got my eye on you, Lisa Rinna!

I think it is CSI.  A lot of times guest stars are asked to keep their involvement on the QT until shortly before the episode airs.  Kim did the same regarding Revenge she said she was doing a show and then waited until the week before to say which show.  Actually Kyle was the one retweeting Kim's upcoming appearance initially.

Boy Brandi sure went after Lisa in her blog-Lisar became the title.  I have to say if you are going to get wasted and decide to film -do not blame those around you for talking about it.  Lisar and the rest have every right to comment on Brandi's appearance and behavior.

• Love 4

I expected to dislike Rinna. She has a completely flake image, so I was expecting a heartless bimbo.

I've surprised myself with how much I've liked her. She is warm and down to earth, and seems to own her d-list status which IMO makes her hugely likable.

Throw in the fact that she speaks openly but kindly about the addiction elephant in the room and I am a total fan.

• Love 4

It's too soon to tell for me.

There are a few red flags for me.

1.  Lying about being friends with Kyle.

2.  Lying about watching the show and being up to date on all that's happened.  Hell, she's been on WWHL talking about "her addiction" to the show.

3.  Not visiting her parents more.  Medford has a direct flight from LA.  It's 2 hours and 15 minutes, and obviously, money is not an issue.  She's not THAT busy.

So far, all of her good TV quips have been bashing Brandi.  We shall see if she's got anything else. 

I do think she seems to be a really positive up beat person, and I think that's real.  I have a friend very much like that, always busy, always going, and almost always extremely positive.  Even with small children and a hugely busy life/career, and the normal complications, she managed to visit her parent much more often when they were declining, and also arranged and paid for excellent home care for her mother when she developed Alzheimer's.  With Lisa's greater resources, and her parent's obvious despair at leaving their home, you'd think Lisa could have worked something out, or at least brought them to LA and set them up so they could see their grandkids and daughter more often.

There are quite a few elder care facilities in Medford Oregon, and I'm sure it's a nice one, but it's not family.

We'll see if Lisa comes up with anything more interesting that Kyle defending and Brandi/Kim bashing in the future.  She's in a Honeymoon stage right now.

Issues 1 and 2 are forgivable to me.  How people come to be on the show is often misrepresented.  When Carole showed up on the NYC cast, it wasn't said on camera that she was Andy's good buddy.  On the BH cast alone, the opening SLs were lied about - Taylor (Adrienne is daughter's godmother), Brandi (good buddies with Cedric), Lisa R. (not disclosed as good friend of Kyle's), Adrienne (Lisa's good friend), Dana/Pam (not sure of SL, but it seemed fake), Yolanda (good friend of Lisa's).  I feel it's more Bravo directed than Lisa R. lying.

#3 - That made me uncomfortable, as well, but I don't think we know the full story.  Lisa may pay to have her parents regularly flown to her.  Lisa's daughters looked far too comfortable and emotionally involved with her parents if they only saw them infrequently.  Regarding moving her parents from OR to CA.  First of all, her parents have a say, and they very well may have refused to move.  But also, if everyone in the family (minus Lisa), is still in Oregon, it would be very selfish of Lisa to expect her parents to leave them.  And as sad as the mother seemed to be leaving their home, it looked like it was her choice to do it.  Perhaps she realized they couldn't care for a house at their age.  The facility they moved to looked better than any elder care or retirement home I've ever been to.  Perhaps the facility has structured therapy aimed at Alzheimer's.

I'm really liking Lisa at this point.  She's had a few misses - trying to engage Kyle to discuss Kim's bizarre behavior, as well as labelling Brandi an alcoholic.  It's very understandable that Kyle had been thrown for a loop, and wasn't about to get caught outing her sister again, or even Brandi.  I'm leery about Lisa's wine throwing incident.  The SL seems to be leading up to justifying Lisa's actions due to provocation, as compared to Brandi's incident.  Both should be condemned.  I'm also seeing glimpses of possible mean-girling.  I also suspect we might see Eileen falter - why else would her tagline involve denying being a bitch?

• Love 4

1.  Lying about being friends with Kyle.

2.  Lying about watching the show and being up to date on all that's happened.  Hell, she's been on WWHL talking about "her addiction" to the show.

Can you clarify? I remember in one of her first episodes she said that she had known Kyle for a long time. Was that a lie? Also, I didn't know she denied having watched the show before. When did that happen? Because I also know she had been on WWHL before discussing it. I could get her not being up to date on everything that happened - if she watches the show in marathons, she may not have been caught up by the time filming started. But, I didn't know she outright denied having ever watched the show.

Seems one of her last statements prior to being announced on the show included her saying how much she enjoyed the show while denying that she was cast on it.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 1

She was pretending she didn't know all the ins and outs of things that have happened since this began.  I call bullshit on that.

As far as her LONG friendship with Kyle?  The show they were going to do together (Hollywood Moms) and saying that she'd never missed a white party since the very beginning when they were small (and I remember reading that quote, but not specifically where, it seemed legit though.)  I think she was brought in as a Kyle ally, and she's doing just as expected.

I'm hoping the longer she is on the show, she may re-examine that friendship, because Kyle bugs the crap out of me.

• Love 2

She was pretending she didn't know all the ins and outs of things that have happened since this began.  I call bullshit on that.

As far as her LONG friendship with Kyle?  The show they were going to do together (Hollywood Moms) and saying that she'd never missed a white party since the very beginning when they were small (and I remember reading that quote, but not specifically where, it seemed legit though.)  I think she was brought in as a Kyle ally, and she's doing just as expected.

I'm hoping the longer she is on the show, she may re-examine that friendship, because Kyle

bugs the crap out of me.

I don't think one knows the ins and outs until they live through a Reunion.  The editing process alone seems to be a mystery.

I think because Carlton and Joyce were a bust Bravo, wanted to make sure the new women had some sort of connection to one another. When the show started Kyle had pretty  much a connection to everyone but Taylor and they became friends.  It seems of the originals the only one who doesn't seem to have any friends from seasons past is Kim.  This season I think the only one who feels like an outsider is Brandi and I do believe had she tried a bit harder she might have made a friend connection with Eileen instead of throwing wine in her face.

I doubt Lisa will stop being friends with Kyle because she bugs the crap out of you.  it is nice to see new people come on and get along with the majority of the cast.  I wouldn't expect anyone to hit it off with Brandi this year. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

I'm hoping the longer she is on the show, she may re-examine that friendship, because Kyle bugs the crap out of me.

Well, no one truly knows the ins and outs until they have completed filming a full season. I think she came on with the stance that she didn't know all of the players well enough to make a real judgement, she only knew what she saw of them on the show. To me, that's not pretending to be unaware of prior seasons. And I don't think she has ever denied having been a fan of the show, just that she was well acquainted with all of the players in real life.

I'm still kind of confused about your point about Kyle though. Both Lisa and Kyle were very upfront about the fact that they had known each other for a long time. And, I haven't seen anything from her saying otherwise. We also have to remember that Kyle is pretty much the connector when it comes to this show. The originals were people Kyle suggested. I always suspected the reason Kyle hated Brandi when she first came on was because Kyle would have preferred to have The Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick as a full time cast member and Brandi snagged her spot. I never bought her story about it being about supporting Lisa V. simply because Lisa had already told Kyle that she was going to be polite to Brandi but not engage her.

So, it would make sense to me that Kyle would recommend Lisa R for the show. Sure its another ally for her, but all of the originals came on the show the same way and not all of them turned out to be allies as the seasons progressed. 

• Love 5