Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Hopefully with Rinna gone this will destroy the evil triangle formed by Rinna, Kyle and Erika. I doubt that Diana will return. Hope Kathy returns along with Sutton and Garcelle. I can even take Kyle and Erika now that big lips is gone.

If Erika stays who will she ally with now?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, endure said:

If Erika stays who will she ally with now?

I'm wondering this, too, because Erika has burned some bridges on the show, especially last season.

Assuming Diana will also not be returning, this puts Erika in an awkward position.  

We know that Sutton and Erika are like oil and water, Garcelle basically has no use for Erika (and shouldn't).  Kyle, if she wants to ever salvage her relationship with Kathy, should keep Erika at arms' length.  Kathy, still listed as a "friend of" will also probably not want to be all buddy-buddy with Erika, because of Erika's part in Rinna's failed take-down of Kathy.

That leaves Dorit and/or Crystal, both of whom are being rumored to be demoted to "friend of" status.  If the "friend of" demotions don't happen, I could see Erika getting tighter with Dorit.  I could also see Dorit going full on into that alliance (if you will), because Dorit just wants to be involved for camera time, and being with Erika will provide that.

Erika has claimed that she doesn't really have any female friends outside of this group, so Bravo trying to find someone new to be a ally for Erika could be tough.

I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens! 

Erika backed the wrong horse - she should have let Rinna crash and burn all on her own.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I don't believe it was Rinna's choice to exit RHOBH but she can spin it any way she wants, who knows what she will drum up next.  She appears to be busy promoting her daughters ands husbands careers now, just what they don't need lol, especially Harry Hamlin!  She should be careful there IMO.

Reality Tea def thinks she was fired....

https://allaboutthetea.com/2023/01/05/lisa-rinna-fired-from-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-after-bombshell-allegations/

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I wonder if HWs are told that they won't be offered a new contract, or if they find out from the other "wives" who call them all excited to see if they got their contract too and have to figure it out on their own. That could explain why they all seem to think they're coming back, until they aren't.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I won't miss her.  She hasn't been fun mean & despicable for some time like some other infamous housewives.  I thought she became unwatchable and brought nothing good to the table.  Being quite the character in an interesting or entertaining kind of way was evading her.

• Like 6

It looks like all the comments on her recent IG post are positive. I'm sure she has her fans, but 5000+ AFFIRMATIVE comments? Come on. Methinks that someone's hitting that "delete" button.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

It looks like all the comments on her recent IG post are positive. I'm sure she has her fans, but 5000+ AFFIRMATIVE comments? Come on. Methinks that someone's hitting that "delete" button.

I thought the same, where did all these supporters come from.  I guess she is trying to prove to Bravo she is the peoples choice.  I might put on a neg comment and see if it stays!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

I wonder how many people she blocked today 🤣

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 9
6 hours ago, endure said:

I don't believe it was Rinna's choice to exit RHOBH but she can spin it any way she wants, who knows what she will drum up next.  She appears to be busy promoting her daughters ands husbands careers now, just what they don't need lol, especially Harry Hamlin!  She should be careful there IMO.

Reality Tea def thinks she was fired....

https://allaboutthetea.com/2023/01/05/lisa-rinna-fired-from-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-after-bombshell-allegations/

If she were fired for her attack on Garcelle's son, I feel better about what I thought was dismissive treatment from Andy for Garcelle.

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

4 hours ago, endure said:

I thought the same, where did all these supporters come from.  I guess she is trying to prove to Bravo she is the peoples choice.  I might put on a neg comment and see if it stays!

4 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I wonder how many people she blocked today 🤣

Curious to see if Diana helped her buy some bots to post positive comments.  

Although, on the RHOBH Facebook page, there were also A LOT of comments defending her, saying that she made the show fun, and she's the best, blah, blah, blah, so maybe she does have a fair amount of fans that like her.  

I still think the majority of regular viewers are glad Rinna's been given the boot.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
On 1/5/2023 at 9:00 PM, endure said:

If Erika stays who will she ally with 

Tough one. Probably Kyle if Kathy doesn't return.  They are both Vile. If Kathy does return, keeping Kyle somewhat in check, Erika may finally have the season she deserves. Of course we don't know who is being added. I might have said they can't find anyone worse than Rinna, but they found Diana, so who knows?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, chlban said:

Tough one. Probably Kyle if Kathy doesn't return.  They are both Vile. If Kathy does return, keeping Kyle somewhat in check, Erika may finally have the season she deserves. Of course we don't know who is being added. I might have said they can't find anyone worse than Rinna, but they found Diana, so who knows?

Good point.... who is coming to replace Rinna!?!  I agree Erika could cozy up to Kyle and or Dorit, they have both been sitting on fence in regard to Erika and her horrible behaviour and legal issues.  Unless the most recent trip to Aspen has turned Kyle against her, but I doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

"She elevated the show". ????  She brought it to its lowest points.  She even described herself as a cockroach and was delighted in herself when she brought someone else down.

Yup, she singlehandedly took the show into the gutter. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Really Harry, her decision, yeah right, then further down in the same article it says “The decision was made as Rinna's contract expired at the end of last season. After weighing her options and business obligations, she and Bravo mutually decided that she would not return to RHOBH.”

• Wink 1
  • LOL 13

Wonder what “inspired” Harry to pipe up for Rinna - maybe something like this: “If you don’t want me to talk about the husband, you get out there and speak my truth!”

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

Just to remind some of us what they were considering. 

https://screenrant.com/rhobh-harry-hamlin-cheating-rumors-lisa-rinna/

I kind of feel that it’s no big deal that Harry could be gay or bisexual in 2023. I think Rinna REALLY wouldn’t want everyone to know that he must be intimate with others, because Rinna just completely fails as a partner. How gratifying can it be to spend time with a fecal trash fire?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I've thought Harry was gay for a very long time, and that their marriage has long been for show.

Back when they met, being gay wasn't as acceptable as it is now, and it would have cost Harry many years of acting roles.  These days, we can believe Neil Patrick Harris as a womanizer in "How I Met Your Mother", but back then, it was just not done.

Lisa doesn't want it out there because it would prove that, while she's always the accuser of someone else's lies, it turns out, she's the liar.

I think Erika knows, and that's why Lisa is always so tight with Erika.  Erika knows where the bodies (Harry's boyfriends) are buried.

I also believe it's why Harry spends so much time in Canada.  There's something, or someone, there.  Or multiple someones, who knows.

It also blows Lisa's designed image of her "perfect family".

It also explains why Harry has been so supportive of Lisa staying on RHBH.  She spends a lot of time away for filming, so when the cat's away....

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

Harry's never been shy about portraying a gay man on film.  Back in 1982, Harry starred as the gay lover in a movie called "Making Love." It was a touted as a "first" -- a big studio film that was shocking at the time because the object of Harry's affection in the movie was - gasp - up until they met - a straight married guy.  The guy was torn between Harry & the wife.  The movie flopped & much made in the reviews of the movie showing two men kissing.  More recently, Harry played the gay dad of one of the characters in Showtime's "Shameless."

Frankly, I don't care what his deal is with Lips.  And whether she does or doesn't want to hide the true nature of their relationship.  I'm just THRILLED she's off the show & his stupid notion that she "elevated" the show - well, it's just laughable - and dead wrong!!

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

In those early 80's films, Harry was the "straight" man, acting as a gay character.

There's something much different (back in the day when Harry did those films) about a "straight" man playing a gay man, vs. an actual gay man playing straight.

It just wasn't done then.

Harry was great in those films, and I loved him in L.A. Law (played a straight man).

I think he's a great actor either way, but his career took off at the tail end of Rock Hudson's career, an actor who would have been ruined in his own day, had his sexuality been known.

I'm personally so glad that these days, it just doesn't matter.  But back when Harry was coming up through the Hollywood ranks, it most definitely did.

And it's my belief that Lisa has long held on to his secret.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I'm personally so glad that these days, it just doesn't matter.  But back when Harry was coming up through the Hollywood ranks, it most definitely did.

And it's my belief that Lisa has long held on to his secret.

That is my belief, too, and I don't care, either.  People marry for all kinds of reasons, and it's their business.  I wish Rinna had extended that courtesy to Denise instead of acting the inquisitor about something that was none of her business.

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
On 1/5/2023 at 8:16 PM, Mar said:

Oh, thank god!!!

9CA5CCF3-0183-4568-B972-DCD121C21DF6.jpeg

With Garcelle’s elegant shade a close second: Elton John’s “I’m Still Standing.” Lots of happy dances going on.

If they can somehow convince LVP to come back, I may just have to come back myself.  Her joining forces with Garcelle….

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
11 hours ago, izabella said:

That is my belief, too, and I don't care, either.  People marry for all kinds of reasons, and it's their business.  I wish Rinna had extended that courtesy to Denise instead of acting the inquisitor about something that was none of her business.

That’s what made this bitch so damn vile. All up in everyone else’s business, but God forbid that anything would EVER come around to HER. That, and her wide-eyed innocent routine when she was — always — called out on her bullshit. So glad she’s gone.

• Like 9
  • Applause 7
On 1/8/2023 at 11:25 AM, Starlight925 said:

There's something much different (back in the day when Harry did those films) about a "straight" man playing a gay man, vs. an actual gay man playing straight.

It just wasn't done then.

It WAS done then. Just not as publicized or widely known. But then - as now - some folks gaydar was better or they had social/professional circles clued in to know that which wasn't publicized. They knew it was DONE - even if not publicized or only known to a small circle. 

Even back then, "actual gay men" in entertainment played straight. Many knew Rock Hudson was gay well before his AIDS diagnosis in the '80's. (The brief phony cover-up marriage to a studio secretary meant little to those at his boys-only pool parties.) There were always rumors about Cary Grant (w/Randolph Scott & others) despite his marriages.  The brother on Frazier (Niles?) had a TV relationship with a woman (Daphne?) but did he need to formally come out before anyone suspected the actor playing Niles was gay? Did Kevin Spacey really fool everyone when he won an award & professed love to his female date (with her very shocked expression when he did so.)  Was Barry Manilow really "brave" for coming out - decades after it was apparent to many. (Yes, I'm sure some were "shocked" to find out Liberace was gay. But c'mon!!) Back then - as now - business/money/studios may rule show biz decisions - including whether a star is closeted or out - but it didn't mean everyone believed it or rumors didn't abound. 

LIPS & Harry will do/say anything to bring in the bucks.  LIPS overestimates her power/appeal & overplayed her hand. As she did with home shopping, now RH.  A big mouth about others but didn't want to talk about the husband.  Now, she's lost her major forum to spread lies or stake a position.  As said above, I don't care what their deal is - don't care if he's a gay man playing straight, or straight man playing gay.  Or any variation thereof. He's an actor - let him act. She's a liar - let her be off my TV.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 4
  • Love 6

More to the "yes, it was done" back then - meaning gay men playing straight men -- even if more hush-hush but done & widely known as to some:  Raymond Burr (Old Ironsides, Perry Mason), Anthony Perkins (Psycho), Richard Chamberlain (Dr. Kildare, Shogun), Robert Reed (The Brady Bunch), Montgomery Clift.

She got violent when not wanting to talk about the husband (though eager to talk about everyone else), but LIPS is lucky that Harry has long been willing to take acting jobs that go either way so long as the check can be cashed.  He may need to support her now that the RHoBH gravy-train & exposure has dried up.  There's just so many ways to dance in your underwear for Insta before it gets tired. 

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

I saw a recent (very brief) “red carpet” interview with Harry and Lisa, during which her new non-HW status was touched on.  Harry had her back, of course - and took it a step further on the subject of her being boo’d @ Bravocon, calling  her response “epic”.  

Points for being a loyal husband, I guess.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
On 1/8/2023 at 6:17 PM, njbchlover said:

I wonder if Rinna's wine deal is going to go kaput now.  

Rinna Rose could go into the market directly to the bargain wine bin at your local grocery or liquor store!  

It's never even appeared at any grocery or liquor store around here.  So there's THAT!

7 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Also posted in media thread.

NOT A GOOD ACTRESS, that's obvious!

• Like 2
On 1/8/2023 at 7:17 PM, njbchlover said:

I wonder if Rinna's wine deal is going to go kaput now.  

Rinna Rose could go into the market directly to the bargain wine bin at your local grocery or liquor store!  

There is no way I would fork over $25 for her swill. Ever. From a quick check, LVP’s wines are comparable in price (a tad cheaper, depending), but you know she has worked with reputable wineries and experts for years, has been involved with the production, and offers these wines at her restaurants.

Probably some third-rate distributor got in touch with Rinna to use her name on the label, and Rinna jumped at the chance of another publicity stunt — so yes, this is most likely doomed to fail like Wine by Wives, Tamra and Vicki’s hobby project. 

(I may see if there have been any reviews of this wine…just curious.)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1