Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Cabana

• Start Topic

I think that Beverly Park and Bel Air are ritzier than Beverly Hills but BH is much more known to the rest of the country. And I think I gleaned this info from comments from the guys of Million Dollar Listing LA.

I think that Beverly Park and Bel Air are ritzier than Beverly Hills but BH is much more known to the rest of the country. And I think I gleaned this info from comments from the guys of Million Dollar Listing LA.

LA is funny. It's suuuuuper neighborhoody, even more so than NYC in a way. Maybe because it's such a pain in the ass to get around so people kind of stay in their area and where you live becomes a big part of your life. In NYC people kind of live wherever they can and then hop the subway or catch a cab.

Anywho BH is more walkable with more of a nightlife than BA or BP. I also think of it as having more apartments and condos and skewing slightly younger. BA especially makes me think of a quiet family neighborhood. It's really secluded. BP I don't know as well, but I kind of associate it as being a little older than the center of BH. BH is more of a scene, like West Hollywood.

Thanks! That's sad....it's like all our childhood entertainers are disappearing. I'll never get over losing George Carlin damn he was brilliant!

Hey my mother and George were life long friends. He even gave her a shout out in the forward of his last book. I've met him many times and he was just like you think he would be.

• Love 13

Hey my mother and George were life long friends. He even gave her a shout out in the forward of his last book. I've met him many times and he was just like you think he would be.

That is amazing!

• Love 3

Disposable douche-who would want to save it?  One of my favorite George Carlin lines.  How lucky your mom was to have him in her life and vice versa.

• Love 3

I really need to start reading the non-episode threads. 

Hugs, Higgins.  It's all good.  We can get all riled up with each other one minute and then go back to laughing and liking posts, the next.  We're just passionate people, here, but no one seems to hold grudges, which makes this place great. 

I am seriously so jelly of you and your mother. 

• Love 7

Tomorrow I will be getting a cancerous kidney removed. As a morbidly obese diabetic 62 year old woman, my chances are not great and I am scared to death. My biggest fears are for my mother (she's already lost one child--my brother passed away years ago and she has not really recovered from that) and for my grand-nephew, who is 10 years old and my best friend and who really needs me in his life. I know how warm and comforting this community is so I'm going to ask for prayers and positive thoughts now because I know when I'm looking at this before surgery in the morning I will see beautiful heartwarming messages of hope from people who really care. Thank you in advance and hopefully I will see you all again soon.

• Love 20

UB40fan I am definitely sending you and your family members love, hope, prayers, and good energy. 

Please stay positive and know that many of us here look forward to reading your posts again after your surgery. 

• Love 8

I want to apologize to anyone here who might feel I have disrespected their opinion. I've been told that I have. I certainly didn't intend to come of that way and I do respect and enjoy hearing everyone's perspective. While we are all different with different experiences, I believe that we all post for enjoyment and I very much enjoy doing so and reading everyone's posts. If I have made anyone feel badly, please know that is the last thing I wanted to do. PM if you feel that way and I can apologize directly to you. ...Higgins

Higgins, you did not disrespect me at all so I hope it's ok that I respond. I just want to say that Kim Richards could learn a thing or two from this post.

• Love 7
(edited)

Dear ub40fan,

I haven't been here long, but know that your posts are very much appreciated.   Will be saying prayers for you and will ask my forum to also say prayers.

Looking forward to complaining about those reality HW with you soon!

Hugs,

RTVS

51692.jpg

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 8

UB40fan,

My thought and prayers are with you as you go through this! I pray you come through surgery with flying colors and your recovery is fast and lasts for the next 40+ years. I will say prayers for your family as well. Let us know how you are in a few days and know that our thoughts are with you and yours.

• Love 6

ub40fan I am sending all my positive thoughts your way. I hope all goes well tomorrow and I am sending good nursing vibes in hopes that you are well cared for and please make sure to keep on top of your pain....don't decline pain medication. You never want to chase pain and good pain control leads to better and faster recovery because it allows you to ambulate more quickly. Hugs to you.

• Love 7

Tomorrow I will be getting a cancerous kidney removed. As a morbidly obese diabetic 62 year old woman, my chances are not great and I am scared to death. My biggest fears are for my mother (she's already lost one child--my brother passed away years ago and she has not really recovered from that) and for my grand-nephew, who is 10 years old and my best friend and who really needs me in his life. I know how warm and comforting this community is so I'm going to ask for prayers and positive thoughts now because I know when I'm looking at this before surgery in the morning I will see beautiful heartwarming messages of hope from people who really care. Thank you in advance and hopefully I will see you all again soon.

It sounds like I'm vying for the "me too" award, first with my George Carlin story and now to tell you that I lost my left kidney to cancer 5 years ago. I will thinking of you and sending out positive vibes tomorrow. It's scary stuff but now 5 years later I never even think about it. I hope it's the same for you. please post as soon as you are able, I will be looking for you.

• Love 11
(edited)

I'm a long time lurker but I know you don't "know me" but I would like to send warm thoughts and prayers to you. Look forward to posting with you very soon Ub40fan.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 6
(edited)

It sounds like I'm vying for the "me too" award, first with my George Carlin story and now to tell you that I lost my left kidney to cancer 5 years ago. I will thinking of you and sending out positive vibes tomorrow. It's scary stuff but now 5 years later I never even think about it. I hope it's the same for you. please post as soon as you are able, I will be looking for you.

I think your post gives hope. And that's a good thing.

Higgins you're really getting me with your pic. Dammit! Lol.

Can I just say how much I love this group. You all are wonderful. We all don't agree but we can say what we want and move on as SwordQueen we are a passionate group but we don't hold grudges. This is a great group.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

ub40fan - my thoughts are with you.  It's so damn scary.  Sending you positive thoughts.  Never overlook positivity as part of your healing process.  You gotta believe you can get through this.

• Love 5

UB40fan, can you slip your anesthesiologist a Post It note with a link to this site so he can update us the minute he brings you back up?

(Seriously, though, check in as soon as you can.)

• Love 8

UB40fan, can you slip your anesthesiologist a Post It note with a link to this site so he can update us the minute he brings you back up?

Too funny! (or maybe she wasn't kidding). I was going to say to check back in as soon as you can so we can update you on important stuff, like these darn HoWives. Because, you know, priorities.

• Love 7
(edited)

Kidney schmidney! No doom and gloom here! Eat all the hospital food, take all the medicine and bribe the nurse for a wifi connection. We will take care of the laughter is the best medicine part. Someone post a laugh inducing gif of the housewives stat!

Sending best wishes and laughter too!

giphy.gif

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

My name is Savannah. You people know my aunt, ub40fan.She showed me this website so I could keep people posted. We laughed about it but I am not laughing now.

My aunt Kathy passed away this afternoon during surgery her heart just stopped and they could not get it going again. She was a wonderful person. She introduced me to Broadway, the Beatles, the Bobs (Dylan and Marley), books...and that's just the "B's", as we used to say. She read anything she could get her hands on and she left me with some of that too. She was the smartest person I ever knew. She loved this website, she said some of you were the funniest and best writers she had ever read. I've read the messages some of you left for her and I can only say thank you for being so kind.

• Love 17

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. She was one of the first posters that I remember from this board. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

• Love 6

Savannah, I am so very sorry for your loss.   Your Aunt Kathy had many friends here, and we will miss her, too.  Please accept my condolences to you and your family.

It's going to be a long dark night here in San Diego, and my heart is heavy. 

Peace and Love to you, ub40fan, my friend.

• Love 5

Such sad news. I'm so sorry, Savannah. My condolences to you and your family.

Ub40fan (Kathy) wrote in her post that she was going to check this thread before surgery, and I only hope she did so that she was able to read the outpouring of kindness from online friends.

• Love 5
(edited)

Savannah, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. It was a joy to read your Aunt's posts in here. May she rest in peace.

My condolences to you and your family.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 5

I'm so sorry, Savannah. Heartbroken for you and your family.  Thank you for posting and telling us her real name - tonight, I think a lot of us will be raising a glass of red, red wine in sweet Kathy's honor.   I'm so sorry

• Love 6
(edited)

- tonight, I think a lot of us will be raising a glass of red, red wine in sweet Kathy's honor. I'm so sorry

Maybe we can meet in this thread tonight before the episode starts on the East Coast and do this together. That way we can honor her before all the crazy episode discussions start.

Edited to fix quote box.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 5
(edited)

Maybe we can meet in this thread tonight before the episode starts on the East Coast and do this together. That way we can honor her before all the crazy episode discussions start.

Will do it earlier, by my side, because I'm 6 to 10 hours forward here (it's 2.25pm), but I'll do it.

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 3
(edited)

oh no. :( 

I'm so Sorry Savannah !   Your Aunt Kathy sounds like she was such a very cool person.   My sincere condolences.

I think a lot of us will be raising a glass of red, red wine in sweet Kathy's honor

ryebread,  I love this idea & plan on implementing it later on this evening.   Along with the obvious song playing of course.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 4