Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless Fame Whores: Sister Wives in the Media

• Start Topic

And the big problem is these women let Kody lead, and he can't get past his self love and does everything for him only. It's sad.

Anyone have another picture or info on Sean the trainer and his girlfriend? The Facebook page from the link above is deleted and I'm dying to see something. I can't get much info Googling.

Well, after it all came out last week the girl put her FB page on privacy lockdown.  I'm sure she heard an earful from her boyfriend Sean too.  That photo of them getting ready to hit the Jacuzzi...squick.

• Love 3

That whole things just gives me the eww vibes. Hated it. Hated. Tearing the kids out of everything they've ever known. For Kody's greed. All that bullshit lying with tears in his eye and his passion, for his ego. Viewers who don't research actually believe this asshole. He's sneaky and slimy. "There's police surrounding the house, staking us out!" No Christine. TMZ was staking you out because that's what kind of creepy shit they do and that police car was just driving by. The sirens as Meri was loading up the moving van. Like 8 cops cars would put their sirens on to come get Kody and rip him away from everyone! Gah, this family is horrible. 

Add in sobbing Robyn claiming that this isn't the Murrica (translation America) she knows while packing up her wedding flowers on a clothes hanger and I am right there with you.

• Love 6

Add in sobbing Robyn claiming that this isn't the Murrica (translation America) she knows while packing up her wedding flowers on a clothes hanger and I am right there with you.

As she tried to sound smart like she was taking a stand, "this isn't the muricah I learned about in school!" Oh really, Robyn? I thought you had to hide who you were in school?

• Love 5

The Murica she learned about in school had laws which even schoolkids knew had to be obeyed or there was a price to pay. Apparently she wants us to revert back to earlier times when people took the law into their own hands & did what they wanted. There still are places she can live openly in polygamy. It's called the Middle East.

• Love 3

I can't get the stupid video to load, but the text says that Meri invites both Kody and Robyn over to surprise them with the information that she is divorcing Kody. Why would she tell BOTH Kody and Robyn such an intimate piece of information if all their marriages are separate, individual marriages, as they keep saying over and over? That is something she discuss with Kody first, then family second. Goes to show this was a Robyn-driven situation from the get-go. And all filmed WAY after the fact too.

• Love 2

Thanks for the link!  I wonder where R and K and the kid were driving from.  Were they at the Sizzler when Meri sent out the plyg signal?  Strange that they just "happened" to be driving together when they were summoned.  Of course, that could just be the infamous editing, or maybe they didn't feel like walking 20 yards. 

Robyn seems to either be having a reaction to the octupus tentacle lashes, or she's got a tell when she lies -- she must have blinked a zillion times when she said that she didn't know why Meri wanted to talk to her and Kody. 

Kody's "shocked and concerned face" when Meri made her -- ahem -- surprise announcement.  *SIGH*

Edited by AndreaF
  • Love 3

Am I hallucinating or is that Sean Huddleston in the latest Nature Valley Granola Bar commercials?

If it's the one where they're inspecting a camper's pack, I don't think it's Sean.  The guy in the commercial is MUCH better looking.

I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but I just found a clip I hadn't seen before of the upcoming March 1 episode. It is in this article .

Robyn is morphing into Christine. Kody and Robyn really come off as a monogamous couple, I can't put my finger on why. If Meri had to talk with Kody and Janelle or Kody and Christine I picture them arriving to Meri's house separately.

• Love 3

"Kody and Robyn really come off as a monogamous couple, I can't put my finger on why. "

Hmm....interesting. Despite theirs was the biggest age gap, they appear the most like soulmates. Robyn was the only one Kody cared about besides physical attraction.He truly wants her happy. Ironically, they'll probably winnd up as the monogamous couple that Meri always wanted to be.

• Love 1

I think Kody and Robyn have been monogamous for a while. Christine has complained she doesn't see Kody very often and their marriage is very strained. She has also said she is not having any more children. Janelle and Kody say they are romantic but their actions and behavior is all buddy-buddy. Plus Janelle is done having kids too. That leaves Meri and Robyn. First Kody was spending more time with Robyn to bond with King Sol (per the various family statements). Then Robyn has been trying to have another kid, so I bet Kody has been staying with her more, since he WILL have more children. I would imagine Meri has been left alone a lot more than she wanted since they moved to Vegas. She filled the void with Disney, cruises and LVL groupie trips. Slowly but surely, Robyn got her mono marriage.

• Love 9

Speaking of media, I recently tweeted Robyn only to come back later and look to find she had blocked me. I am not sure why. My comment was mild compare to some things people say about them on Twitter.

It's a little hobby for Robyn. Besides Pinterest, Twitter blocking seems to be one of her favorite pastimes.

• Love 2

She can dish it out by trashing monogamists but can't take it when anyone criticizes her.  Double standard much?  What about  turn the other cheek?  Guess that's not one of the "tenants" (sic) of her "religion".

• Love 7

I still don't understand how a man can live with three women (then a fourth) for over 20 years and not know about PMS. And even that was true, how can he then make such stupid comments about it on air and not think the viewing audience would come down on his head like a ton of bricks.

Of course his answer is to RUN AWAY, in true Brown family tradition. "How do we quit?" is his only option when times get rough.

As usual I can't get the damn videos to load (thanks Southern Utah!). I'll take your word for it about Meri and the kids comment. Because the kids really need to have multiple divorces and more crying and upheaval in the family.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 4

Galloway Cave, Meri comments in the second clip that it was "about the kids" and "the unity of the family" and that she has mixed feelings about it because it is the end of something. She says she will still have eternity with Kody and with the family.  Janelle says that it was probably one of the most painful things Meri could have done, and that it should not be underestimated. 

• Love 2

I still don't understand how a man can live with three women (then a fourth) for over 20 years and not know about PMS. And even that was true, how can he then make such stupid comments about it on air and not think the viewing audience would come down on his head like a ton of bricks.

Of course his answer is to RUN AWAY, in true Brown family tradition. "How do we quit?" is his only option when times get rough.

As usual I can't get the damn videos to load (thanks Southern Utah!). I'll take your word for it about Meri and the kids comment. Because the kids really need to have multiple divorces and more crying and upheaval in the family.

Good questions. Evidently Kody doesn't live with the women the way we would think of it. It's more like fertilizing the soil...hehee. Not getting involved when things get rough seems to be modeled after his father. During the episode where he visited his parents & their sole sister wife, dad was in his chair watching tv, while his 2 wimmin made dinner & cleaned up. Their lord didn't lift a finger. Upheaval seems to be the norm in the Brown household, either emotional or physical. The kids will make some lucky shrink richer one day.

Edited by youcantbeserious

Another clip, this one is of the Tell-All .

This one is about Meri and the divorce, also from the Tell-All . Man, you'd think they'd know to keep tissues handy by now.  Meri says "it's about the kids". Interesting!

Thank you for the Tell-All clip, purpleflowers. Gee, if Kody is driven mad by the PM'sing, how can he deal with the peri-menopause/menopause? As far as almost leaving the show, HAH! Ya can't bite the hand that feeds ya, honey.

• Love 1

"Meri invites both Kody and Robyn over to surprise them with the information that she is divorcing Kody. Why would she tell BOTH Kody and Robyn such an intimate piece of information? That is something she discuss with Kody first, then family second. Goes to show this was a Robyn-driven situation from the get-go."

I read from a link on here that both Kody & Meri filed for divorce so apparently it was scripted that she pretend it was a one sided action. I guess this made it more dramatic. Just goes to show that with enough money, it's amazing how much humiliation people can take.

• Love 5

Yes, that is what I was referring to- the script vs. real life. From the moment this story broke, we all knew that both Kody and Meri filed the paperwork together. Yet the show is trying to play it off that Meri is doing this on her own. The family says they are separate families with separate marriages, but the script is now showing Meri breaking the news to Kody and Robyn together. They can't keep the stories straight. I still think Robyn is driving the whole process.

• Love 6

"Meri invites both Kody and Robyn over to surprise them with the information that she is divorcing Kody. Why would she tell BOTH Kody and Robyn such an intimate piece of information? That is something she discuss with Kody first, then family second. Goes to show this was a Robyn-driven situation from the get-go."

If it was really a decision for legal issues regarding Robyn's kids (insurance, custody etc) she wouldn't need to tell Kody and Robyn. It would have been decided all together while they discussed how to handle whatever the legal issues supposedly was.  All of this is just crap.

• Love 10

I believed Meri's tears, for sure -- because I think that maybe the full impact of what she's done has finally hit about this time -- but I don't believe Robyn's cry face punctuated by one tear... not for one second.  I'm sorry, but I think that part of the problem with her (as she said about herself) "ugly cry face" isn't that it's ugly as in "not pretty", but that it's ugly in that it's so contorted while she forces those tears out.  I think that from the beginning this was her plan, and that's it. 

I think that Janelle's comments about Meri's noble action is going to open up a storyline wherein the two of them go to counseling and mend their fences, becoming closer than ever... just another benefit of Meri's selfless divorce.  TLC and the Browns have to sell this divorce to the viewers, somehow, someway. 

Christine... those eyelashes aren't doing you any favors.  You're much more attractive with your own face, lashes included.  Also, acting like YOU overreacted when Kody was an obvious horse's ass isn't necessary to convince anyone but Kody.  I think most people know what's what in that regard. 

• Love 6

If it was really a decision for legal issues regarding Robyn's kids (insurance, custody etc) she wouldn't need to tell Kody and Robyn. It would have been decided all together while they discussed how to handle whatever the legal issues supposedly was.  All of this is just crap.

The quote you are answering( within my quotation marks ) was not my words, but someone else's I quoted, so you're actually repying to someone else.

The quote you are answering( within my quptation marks ) was not my words, but someone else's I quoted, so you're actually repying to someone else.

Yes - I didn't mean it as argumentative to your post.. I meant that those words are how they are presenting this "shocking revelation" while at the same time claiming it's just a legal change for Robyn's kids. But as usual, they are inconsistent with what they are saying because if it was really for Robyn's kids she wouldn't have to call Kody and Robyn over to tell them her decision. 

• Love 1

Yes - I didn't mean it as argumentative to your post.. I meant that those words are how they are presenting this "shocking revelation" while at the same time claiming it's just a legal change for Robyn's kids. But as usual, they are inconsistent with what they are saying because if it was really for Robyn's kids she wouldn't have to call Kody and Robyn over to tell them her decisionI was not objecting

I was not objecting to your reply but merely informing you that you are replying to someone else's opinion. Actually, we both were, lol.

The quote you are giving me credit for is actually from someone else on here, notice my quotation marks around it.

I would love to know what fan reactions outside of this site are saying. Does this thread allow for the posting of things said on Social media like Twitter and Facebook by the Browns and the show watchers?   If so, I would love to start seeing postings.

(edited)

Kody tweeted during the week after the marriage and his location on the tweets was from Hawaii. It was puzzling at the time. Someone here or at CJ's blog looked up information about Las Vegas ROTC groups and didn't see any trips around that time, but it doesn't necessarily mean the trip didn't happen then. But the kids would have been in school the first part of December.

Why would Robyn go to Hawaii with Kody for Janelle's son? Robyn has a toddler at home, as well as being over-whelmed by the joory business [snerk]. I'm unfamiliar with ROTC trips, but I would think if they took chaperons, it would be more appropriate for Kody and Janelle, or Kody and Meri (since nothing has changed according to the family and she is free to help out her bonus kids). 

If it WAS for the ROTC trip and Kody was shoe-horning in a side honeymoon with Robyn, then Janelle does have something to worry about. Her comment about Kody being the one to change his behavior, rather than Robyn and Meri, makes more sense.

ETA: The plot thickens! Robyn just tweeted she took Kody to Hawaii in October for her birthday. His tweets were location-pinged in December. His trip could have been ROTC-related? More detective work needed!

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 2

I just read on a rumor site that the Meri-sacrifice for the kids thing is BS.  Apparently, Robyn was really pissed that Meri wanted out of that joke of a joory business and wanted to go to college, and was furious that Kody was backing Meri's decision.  Robyn threw a hissy fit and demanded that Kody take her side.  Kody wouldnt budge and finally Robyn actually moved out for several days.  Kody begged her to come back, and Robyn demanded that he divorce Meri in order for her to return.  

Meri was so disgusted that Kody would even entertain such an idea that she decided she was over Kody and wanted out--thus the divorce and the re-marriage.  Supposedly Meri is just staying for the time being for appearances and to get the paycheck from TLC.  There have been reports she has left the cul-de-sac.

I am sure this story isnt totally true, either, but I bet the truth is somewhere in the middle of this and the story they presented on TV.  I have a feeling the adoption thing is just the excuse they used.

• Love 4
(edited)

ETA: The plot thickens! Robyn just tweeted she took Kody to Hawaii in October for her birthday. His tweets were location-pinged in December. His trip could have been ROTC-related? More detective work needed!

Ugh! I'm not saying she shouldn't enjoy her birthday, but come on! This is a huge family with three other wives. When has J or C ever gotten a nice vacation with just Kody? Maybe Kody should think of taking a vacation with a few of his children for some one on one time with them. And a birthday vacation for Robyn right after Meri's divorce? Weird timing. Not to mention, how was she able to pull herself away from Vegas for even a few days given her "insane" work hours on the Joory? 

Edited by purpleflowers
  • Love 2

Robyn took Kody to Hawaii for her birthday? Paying for it how exactly? The joolry business must be raking in the money. Also, why would Robyn twitter block a poster for asking about Hawaii, as mentioned in the Divorce thread? I smell a square-jawed rat here. 

• Love 2