Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Hourglass Sandbox

• Start Topic

Days of Our Lives Alum Peter Reckell Takes On New Project!

Days of Our Lives alum, Peter Reckell (Ex-Bo Brady) is greatly missed on screen but he has a new project he is working on. Reckell will, however, be working behind the camera this time as a Director for an upcoming unnamed project. 

Former soap star, Iris Almario was happy to be directed by Reckell, Almario is known for work as Adela on General Hospital and Jessica Sinclair on The Young and the Restless. Almario shared a picture of herself alongside Reckell with the caption, "So fun being directed by Peter Reckell aka soap opera royalty. 📺🎥 Who else remembers him as Bo Brady from #DaysofOurLives Super Couple Bo & Hope? ❤️ #bope It was a total treat for me to geek out about acting with him. He loves the magic & journey of storytelling which is music to my ears. 😊 Feeling inspired. Thanks Peter."

Details surrounding Reckell's new gig remains limited but fans can stay tuned for updates. 

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/03/days-of-our-lives-alum-peter-reckell.html

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Gina Tognoni is out at Y&R.  Any chance she could be cast as Ted's wife?

Since the show tapes 6mo ahead and the length of his tenure there is kinda hazy I doubt it.

• Love 1

Hello follow days friends 👋

finally some spring weather.  Had a little dental work done. Now only a million more dental visits to go 🙄 😂

My part time job at restaurant is going pretty well even though I am not getting a lot of hours.   The manager is really nice. I worked for a terrible boss for a long time.

As much as I need money I never want to work for another person like that.  It was emotionally draining.  Let’s just say when she left our store we all breathed a sense of relief.  One day I thought her car was in parking lot and felt like I was going to throw up.  

Sorry I didn’t mean for this to be so long and rambling.  

What is everyone up to this weekend?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Gina Tognoni is out at Y&R.  Any chance she could be cast as Ted's wife?

Less than Zero if you look at the spoiler thread.

I would've gone for GT as an Eve recast had KDP not taken the role or a Billie one.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Less than Zero if you look at the spoiler thread.

I would've gone for GT as an Eve recast had KDP not taken the role or a Billie one.

I don't recall seeing anything in the Spoiler thread about Ted's wife.

https://michaelfairmantv.com/days-favorite-charles-shaughnessy-to-play-prince-charles-in-lifetimes-harry-meghan-becoming-royal/2019/03/28/

DAYS Favorite Charles Shaughnessy To Play Prince Charles In Lifetime’s ‘Harry & Meghan: Becoming Royal’March 28, 2019

Now, here’s an intriguing role for none other than popular Days of our Lives and The Nanny star, Charles Shaughnessy (Ex-Shane Donovan).  In the upcoming Lifetime movie Harry & Meghan: Becoming Royal, the sequel to the 2018 hit movie, Shaughnessy will play Prince Charles!

Filming is currently underway in Vancouver, Canada and the TV film will bow on Memorial Day on Monday, May 27 at 8pm ET/PT.

The Lifetime movie continues the love story of newlyweds Prince Harry (Charlie Field) and American actress Meghan Markle (Tiffany Smith) pulling back the curtain to reveal the untold joys and challenges of life inside the Royal Family during their pivotal first year of marriage. Beyond blending their families and cultures, Harry and Meghan’s core values are put to the test as they try to find the balance between honoring Royal tradition and staying true to their beliefs.

Photo: Lifetime

Harry & Meghan: Becoming Royal also stars Jordan Whalen as Prince William, Laura Mitchell as Kate Middleton, Maggie Sullivun as Queen Elizabeth II, Timothy Temple as Prince Philip, Deborah Ramsay as Camilla Bowles, Natalie Moon as Layla, James Dreyfus as Leonard and Bonnie Soper as Diana.

Shaughnessy last appeared on Days of our Lives back in 2017.

So, what do you think of Charles’ upcoming role as Prince Charles? Comment below.
  • Love 1

https://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news/538253/jen-lilley-charles-shaughnessy-mckenna-grace-erika-slezak-soap-opera-alum-news/

A Paris Romance

Jen Lilley (Theresa Donovan, Days of our Lives; ex-Maxie Jones, General Hospital) is set to star in A Paris Romance, part of the Hallmark Channel’s annual Countdown to Summer series. The actress gushed about the new role while on location in the City of Lights, writing on Instagram that she is “soaking up the last moments in Paris but eager to get home to my 3 favorite boys.Thank-you @hallmarkchannel for another magical movie. Can’t wait for you all to see this one!” Lilley will portray Isabella, owner of an Oregon winery that she hopes to make world-renowned after entering a prestigious wine competition in France, where she faces off against the charming Jacques. An air date has not yet been announced.

On 3/31/2019 at 11:45 AM, tribeca said:

finally some spring weather.  Had a little dental work done. Now only a million more dental visits to go 🙄 😂

My part time job at restaurant is going pretty well even though I am not getting a lot of hours.   The manager is really nice. I worked for a terrible boss for a long time.

As much as I need money I never want to work for another person like that.  It was emotionally draining.  Let’s just say when she left our store we all breathed a sense of relief.  One day I thought her car was in parking lot and felt like I was going to throw up.  

Glad to know your job is going well....having a mean boss is the worst!  Yes, it can make a person physically ill(I know from experience).  Dental work, ugh, not fun.  It is finally getting warm here in the Midwest, so we are doing Spring cleaning & putting out the patio furniture. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

It is finally getting warm here in the Midwest, so we are doing Spring cleaning & putting out the patio furniture. 

Here in the Mid Atlantic it can't decide whether it's getting warmer or not lol. Last week, it was 76 one day and then 32 and snowing/sleeting the next. I hate it!

• LOL 1
On 3/31/2019 at 8:45 AM, tribeca said:

Hi Tribeca!  

I hope things go well for you with the dentist.  I've spent a lot of time at the dental school out here, and as great as they are I still, on some level, dread every visit.  They're great about making sure things don't hurt and since it's a school the cost is better than private but still, it's the dentist.....Good luck!

I'm sorry you're not getting the hours you need but I'm glad to hear your boss is decent.  Working for an ass can really drain your spirit.

The weekend is almost here again and I expect we'll be doing gardening.  The weather is nice, still some rain, but the roses are just starting to open, a few of them, and the wildflowers are filling out.  

Take care.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2019 at 10:55 PM, boes said:

Hi Tribeca!  

I hope things go well for you with the dentist.  I've spent a lot of time at the dental school out here, and as great as they are I still, on some level, dread every visit.  They're great about making sure things don't hurt and since it's a school the cost is better than private but still, it's the dentist.....Good luck!

I'm sorry you're not getting the hours you need but I'm glad to hear your boss is decent.  Working for an ass can really drain your spirit.

The weekend is almost here again and I expect we'll be doing gardening.  The weather is nice, still some rain, but the roses are just starting to open, a few of them, and the wildflowers are filling out.  

Take care.

Gardening is so good for you.  I bet you have a beautiful garden.  I so miss my moms rose garden.  She has a good green thumb.  My sister and I can kill artificial plants 😅.  Mom and dad moved to Florida a few years back. Now their neighbors share a banana tree and mom has a Meyer lemon 🍋 bush.  It’s really cool to go in backyard and get your breakfast 

On 4/3/2019 at 8:44 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Here in the Mid Atlantic it can't decide whether it's getting warmer or not lol. Last week, it was 76 one day and then 32 and snowing/sleeting the next. I hate it!

We had snow flurries and freezing rain yesterday.  It’s April 🙄. Well in New England if you don’t like the weather just wait a minute 😂. It’s in the fourties this morning. 

On 4/2/2019 at 9:17 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Glad to know your job is going well....having a mean boss is the worst!  Yes, it can make a person physically ill(I know from experience).  Dental work, ugh, not fun.  It is finally getting warm here in the Midwest, so we are doing Spring cleaning & putting out the patio furniture. 

Sorry you had a mean boss too.  It’s no fun. 

Hope you are able to enjoy that patio furniture soon! 

• Love 3
(edited)

Went to friends babyshower recently.  Her family is from Philippines 🇵🇭 her husband family is from Jamaica 🇯🇲.  Her family rented the hall. His family made all the food.  Over 300 people!  She needed to borrow her moms van to bring all her gifts home. 

They had us line up for the Buffett by table number.  The grandparents table was number four and they wanted no part of that and just got up and got their food 🤣

Their was some good spicy veggies.  I asked what it was but no one at my table knew.  I would love to have more of that food. It was delicious 😋 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 2

https://nypost.com/2019/04/05/why-james-reynolds-rules-days-of-our-lives-and-daytime-tv/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

Why James Reynolds rules ‘Days of Our Lives’ and daytime TV

Most actors spend a lot of time looking for work. A movie wraps, a series folds, a play closes out its run.

But not James Reynolds.

Since 1981 the Kansas-born actor has played Abe Carver, once a cop and now the mayor of Salem, on the long-running NBC soap “Days Of Our Lives,” with short breaks for other projects. That’s almost as long as Susan Lucci played Erica Kane on “All My Children.” What’s really noteworthy about Reynolds’ tenure, though, is that he holds the record for an African American actor playing the same character on television.

“I didn’t realize that daytime TV would be my mark in life. Here I am all these years later.” says Reynolds, 72. “There’s a great deal I like about it. We can do many aspects of acting. One day you’re in heavy drama, the next day you’re playing light comedy, then you’re doing action and hiding the bad guys. You can do it all within the bounds of one character that I’ve been able to craft in real time. It’s an extraordinary opportunity.”

When Reynolds joined the show, black actors were scarce on daytime. There was Al Freeman Jr. on “One Life to Live” and Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams on “AMC.” Abe was written as a black character but Reynolds, who had just come off the cancelled 1979 CBS primetime series “Press Express,” says the producers were more concerned with his brain than his race.

“ ‘Can you memorize lines quickly?’ That was the only question they asked me,” Reynolds says. And he could. “I had a pile of scripts delivered to my home.”

Soaps were in their heyday in the ’80s and ’90s, with large ensemble casts on contract, an opportunity to make extra cash from personal appearances on weekends and a production schedule that allowed actors three preparations — blocking scenes, camera blocking and a full dress rehearsal — before the afternoon taping. One 42-minute episode was taped per day (as opposed to the eight to 10 days allotted for a prime-time drama). “We shot the occasional Saturday. The first 15 years or so we shot a couple of times on Sunday,” Reynolds says.

The producers usually had two weeks of episodes in the can; now they have six months. Changing times and plunging ratings saw many award-winning soaps such as “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” put out to pasture — in 2011 — and Reynolds says that, today, “Days” runs at a more accelerated and budget-conscious pace (Reynolds took a pay cut). “Yesterday, we shot almost two complete shows. It’s shorter work days. There are demands on producers, actors and writers. The interesting thing is: It can be done,” he says. “If I asked the old me, ‘Can you carry it off? Can you shoot eight and a half shows a week?’ In the old days, I was getting home at 10 p.m. or two in the morning. Now we rarely go to 6 p.m. We get the show done and you can’t tell the difference in the level of production or level of performance.”

“Days of Our Lives,” which debuted in 1965, is one of four soaps still on the air. (The others are “The Young and the Restless” and “The Bold and the Beautiful” — both on CBS — and “General Hospital,” on ABC.) Reynolds credits head writer Ron Carlivati with keeping the show relevant, especially for developing a story tailor-made for Reynolds. Last year, Abe’s son, Theo (Kyler Pettis), was out and wearing a hoodie and was shot by a young white cop who was also dating Abe’s daughter. “In Abe’s grief he became very angry with the shooter and his family,” Reynolds says. “We took an issue that’s always in the news, and explored anger and grief and racism.”

Theo survived his injuries and Reynolds won a Daytime Emmy for Lead Actor — his first — but the actor, who has been married to Lissa Layng Reynolds since 1986, is proudest of the distinction he has earned among his fellow African American actors for his longevity in the medium.

“It makes me feel good,” he says. “It makes me understand that there are a lot of actors who deserve that opportunity as well. Our show is definitely responding a great deal more to diversity than when I began. We are now reflecting America and I am proud of that.”

• Love 3
On 4/6/2019 at 12:20 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

“Yesterday, we shot almost two complete shows. It’s shorter work days. There are demands on producers, actors and writers. The interesting thing is: It can be done,” he says. “If I asked the old me, ‘Can you carry it off? Can you shoot eight and a half shows a week?’ In the old days, I was getting home at 10 p.m. or two in the morning. Now we rarely go to 6 p.m. We get the show done and you can’t tell the difference in the level of production or level of performance.”

I'm side-eyeing this hard.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm side-eyeing this hard.

Yeah, I think he really means "you can tell the difference in the level of............". That said, it is amazing what a full day was like back in the day. Now, I think they go right to hair and makeup even before going to set and they rehearse a bit and then bam! Although, they were there at all hours of the night. I guess they prefer getting it done and leaving early. Especially, the "older" people.

• Love 3

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/0...iting-new.html

Shawn Christian AND An Exciting New Hallmark Movie!

Days of Our Lives alum, Shawn Christian (ex-Daniel Jonas) has been cast in a new Hallmark movie. Emeraude Toubia and Tom Maden are also members of the cast of the upcoming movie titled Love in the Sun which premieres on May 25 at 8PM.

According to Deadline, the logline states, "When successful dating app creator Alana hesitantly gets engaged, she returns to her hometown in Florida to deliver the news to her dad. Upon returning home, she crosses paths with her former flame, Kai, and finds herself falling in love with the fun and adventurous lifestyle tied to her community. As Alana and Kai work together to help her dad restore his declining property, Alana finds herself conflicted as to whether or not her current way of living makes her happier than the home and community that she always knew and loved."

Be sure to check it out!
  • Love 1

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/04/y-eileen-davidson-joins-new-series.html

Y&R's Eileen Davidson Joins New Series!

The young and the Restless' Eileen Davidson (Ashley Abbott) is all booked for a new series coming in 2020. The series is in development stages and is titled Secrets & Shame: Dear Oprah Diaries.

It is based on the book of the same name by James W. Mercer PH.D., who wrote the biography. it tells the story of growing up with an abusive father. Davidson is set to play the role of Jessie Mercer with other cast members being; Oprah Winfrey, who will play herself, Christy McGinity Gibel who plays a foster parent and James Mercer who will appear as himself. Stay tuned for updates.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Justin Hartley was on The Voice this morning, and Chrishelle was in the audience.  They mentioned she's on a reality show called Selling Sunset.  What's that about?

I think it's a real estate show, kinda like Million Dollar Listing on Bravo. It's on Netflix.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Justin Hartley was on The Voice this morning, and Chrishelle was in the audience.  They mentioned she's on a reality show called Selling Sunset.  What's that about?

Its a crazy reality show, I ended up binging all 8 episodes in a row 🙂  Its about a real real estate office located on Sunset Blvd & owned by 2 brothers & all the realtors are 'crazy" women, lots of cat fights, drinking at restaurants & views of the fabulous houses they are selling.  Chrishell plays the "new girl" and instead of getting to sell the fabulous houses, they send her over to the "Valley" lol.  They pretend to be nice to her but they are very catty behind her back.

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Did you mean The View? 😉

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Waaaaah!! We're never getting Eileen baaa-aaaack!!

😞

I know you love the character, @DisneyBoy, but IMO, Kristen is now just a caricature than an actual character and has been for a long time. I can see why maybe Eileen said enough.

• Love 1

My friend had her baby yesterday 😀

boy 8 pounds don’t know how many ounces 22 inches.  Adorable.  His name is Judah.  Mom and dad are so happy.  Mom is tired but healthy.  The birth went really well.  Her hospital room is nicer then my bedroom 🤣

Hope Everyone is enjoying the weekend. 

• Love 5

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/04/exciting-new-gig-for-days-of-our-lives.html

Exciting New Gig for Days of Our Lives' Lucas Adams!

Days of Our Lives actor, Lucas Adams (Tripp Dalton) has been cast in an upcoming movie. Adams is set to play the role of Hunter in the movie called "Killer Ransom" which is directed by Ben Meyerson and written by Adam Meyer. Additional details about the upcoming movie are forthcoming but the cast includes; former Days actress, Paige Searcy (ex-Jade Michaels), Andrea Bogart (ex-Abby, General Hospital and ex-Margo, DAYS), Chloe Ray Warmoth, Carlena Britch, Adam Zastro and more. One Reel Entertainment and Cartel Pictures are the production companies attached to the movie. Please stay tuned for more details.

• Love 3

I like hearing about these movie gigs for our Days folks, but I always wonder if anyone ever actually watches the movies. There's so many ways to distribute films now. Wonder if they get paid a good sum for their roles, too?

• Love 2

I noticed the actress who played Theresa was on Lifetime -- oh, or Hallmark -- all through the fall and winter holiday seasons. I'm sure as long as they have acting gigs and can pay the rent, they're pretty happy -- many other actors their age are serving food and drinks somewhere. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 11:14 PM, Frozendiva said:

I adored Cass Winthrop.

Me toooooo!!  Gosh how I miss my Bay City friends.....the anniversary of last show was Tuesday....6/25/99. Can't believe its been 20 years 😢

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

Me toooooo!!  Gosh how I miss my Bay City friends.....the anniversary of last show was Tuesday....6/25/99. Can't believe its been 20 years 😢

I never got to watch the series finale I went to India at the time I did read what happened though. I get why AW was cancelled even if I grew up watching the show along with Days, Santa Barbara and GH

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I grew up watching the show along with Days, Santa Barbara and GH

...don't forget the "Doctors". A lot of good soaps/actors from that era.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MsTree said:

...don't forget the "Doctors". A lot of good soaps/actors from that era.

Never saw the show but I am finishing up Kim Zimmer's biography where she mentions her stint on the show. I heard it was good though.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Never saw the show but I am finishing up Kim Zimmer's biography where she mentions her stint on the show. I heard it was good though.

Did she mention anything about Alec Baldwin? I believe his stint on the Doctors was his first steady gig.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MsTree said:

Did she mention anything about Alec Baldwin? I believe his stint on the Doctors was his first steady gig.

Yes she did in the near beginning of the book she talks about him quite a bit actually. That he's still one of her dearest friends after all these years. She does talk about how miserable GL was at the end though reminds me of Days now. 

I highly recommend the book.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

...!!!!

Damn. Twenty years? That's NUTS.

I think I cried three times that week during the final episodes - Jake and Vicky at the swings for the last time, Frankie and Charlie having a mother/daughter scene finally...and of course Rachel shutting off the lights and hugging Carl. Beautifully written final episodes, considering they had mere weeks to end the series. I sIill think about Felicia, Carl, Rachel, Cindy, Grant and the gang once a week.

At least Paulina pops up on Days every once in a while 😉

• Love 3

You guys are warming my heart with all the AW love. I can't believe its gone 20 years..Maybe we can make an AW topic here to post clips and reminisce?? If you need a good cry the last episode is on YouTube 😭

• Love 4
Just now, Irlandesa said:

Primtimer does have a thread here

You beat me too it... 

One good thing about looking for that thread is that I realized there's a search just for show threads on the homepage above the forums menu.... 😄

• Love 2

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/07/kate-mansi-stars-in-office-mix-up-video.html

Kate Mansi Stars In The Office Mix-Up (VIDEO)

Kate Mansi (Abigail, Days of Our Lives) stars in new film, The Office Mix-Up. Check out the video here--->>>

Days of Our Lives actress, Kate Mansi (Abigail DiMera) stars in a new film. The film is called The Office Mix-Up (90 Minutes). It stars; Kate Mansi, Matthew Lawrence, Sabina Gadecki, Joey Lawrence, Samaire Armstrong, Tom Denucci, Lily Delamere

Lacey (Kate Mansi) is brilliantly creative. The only problem is that no one seems to notice. Barely able to make ends meet, she works an extra shift as a night security guard at a marketing firm. To overcome boredom, Lacey sketches some ideas for the firm’s struggling ad campaign. The sketches accidentally get noticed by Mikey (Joey Lawrence), the firm's CEO, and his brother Greg (Matthew Lawrence), who will do anything to prove himself at the company. Just one problem – they assume Lacey is Valerie Staken, an executive who actually turned down their job offer to work at another firm. Tempted by the chance to catch up on her bills, Lacey takes on Valerie's identity. Things get even more complicated when Lacey finds herself falling for Greg. Now she must come clean before things go too far. Will she lose everything if she reveals the truth?

The film is directed by Andrew Lawrence and Written by John Burd. Check out the trailer below and stay tuned for updates.