Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Hourglass Sandbox

• Start Topic

Anybody else binge listening to Bowie? I managed to hang on to six vinyl records and there are as many on my phone, but 20 year old me must have listened to his first ten or so over and over because I still remember lyrics.

• Love 1

Anybody else binge listening to Bowie? I managed to hang on to six vinyl records and there are as many on my phone, but 20 year old me must have listened to his first ten or so over and over because I still remember lyrics.

I've been binge listening to David Bowie since I was 12!

But seriously, was listening a lot last week because the new album was coming out the Friday before he died. Then I listened to that all weekend (It's incredible), and then Monday came, and it's been all Bowie since then. I finally put in a non-Bowie cd in my car last night because I realized I had to stop sometime. It was becoming unhealthy!

• Love 2

Hey, cool thread I just found! Shesajar, a record store sounds like the coolest -- my collection of vinyl has been boxed up for years. Once in a while I think about making wall art with the album covers, but never do. Probably because I spend so much time on line, lol. 

I'm 57, have worked a corporate job (internal communications) at the same place for almost 30 years and I'm hoping to hang on for another 8 or so until I retire. Here's hoping. I never, ever pictured myself in this kind of business, but there wasn't much call for hippy English majors with a passion for soaps and rock and roll : ) I lucked into this position and shortly thereafter my husband lost his job in computer sales and I'll always be grateful for it. 

"and the stars look very different today" - RIP Bowie. 

• Love 3

This isn't about anything above but do you ever have a moment where you respond to something someone says in a thread. Maybe entire paragraphs. Then delete it before you hit send?

I must have done that like 3 x yesterday.

• Love 3

And then the ones I should have deleted before posting ;)

Anyone see the the "explosive" episode of Downton??  I had no idea that was going to happen and screamed something. One of my favorite non spoiled moments after not knowing the end of the Sixth Sense.  My 10 year old didn't know why mom was screaming at the movie. There's a ghost cat but I can't find anyone else who's seen it.

• Love 2

Its not even something I'd regret as much as i just say fuck its not worth it. Like when people derail thread trying to be cute or don't get what the hell the thread is about.

You should rent The Visit. It is M. Night Shymalan's latest and it was excellent. Do as I did and watch it knowing nothing. Don't google it and if possible avoid reading the box. I was very pleased and the acting was very strong.

This isn't about anything above but do you ever have a moment where you respond to something someone says in a thread. Maybe entire paragraphs. Then delete it before you hit send?

All the time.

Anyone see the the "explosive" episode of Downton??  I had no idea that was going to happen and screamed something.

So did I!  I've been very good at staying away from the U.K. thread and so was completely shocked.  It must have been a difficult (and disgusting) scene for everyone to play.

• Love 3

I had to let you guys know...I'm sitting here in a coffee shop and there is an older gentleman who looks like a slightly younger version of Yo Ling. Complete with the hat.

...wait, it's just a backwards baseball cap. But still!

• Love 1

Today was a fun day.  Went down stairs in apartment complex to do laundry and it flooded!!   Since I leave everything to the last minute I sloped through the river and did my laundry LOL

This afternoon I have orientation for a part time seasonal job.  Wanted well really need to make some extra money but the job required I get a new top and new shoes. 

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Today was a fun day.  Went down stairs in apartment complex to do laundry and it flooded!!   Since I leave everything to the last minute I sloped through the river and did my laundry LOL

This afternoon I have orientation for a part time seasonal job.  Wanted well really need to make some extra money but the job required I get a new top and new shoes. 

Good luck!

What a start to the day, though, wading through to do laundry.  I hope things work out with your new job.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, tribeca said:

Good Luck with the job!  I was hired as Holiday help at Bath&Body Works & ended up staying 10 years :)

• Love 2
On 11/28/2018 at 11:45 AM, boes said:

Good luck!

What a start to the day, though, wading through to do laundry.  I hope things work out with your new job.

Thanks Boes 🤗

On 11/29/2018 at 11:35 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Good Luck with the job!  I was hired as Holiday help at Bath&Body Works & ended up staying 10 years :)

Thank you 🤗

you must be good!   

The first two days I did some computer training.  Well that’s what they call it.  It’s mostly watching training videos on a very old computer.    The sad one was the video telling you what to do if someone came into work place with a gun.  

Then it was training on cash register.    The first woman who trained me was kind of miserable and did not want any questions.   The second older gentleman was much better.  He had a lot of live heck’s not to do with the training though LOl 

both training people told me not to worry about the button split checks, it was a pain and not a lot of people do it.   My first night be myself so many wanted split checks!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Thanks Boes 🤗

Thank you 🤗

you must be good!   

The first two days I did some computer training.  Well that’s what they call it.  It’s mostly watching training videos on a very old computer.    The sad one was the video telling you what to do if someone came into work place with a gun.  

Then it was training on cash register.    The first woman who trained me was kind of miserable and did not want any questions.   The second older gentleman was much better.  He had a lot of live heck’s not to do with the training though LOl 

both training people told me not to worry about the button split checks, it was a pain and not a lot of people do it.   My first night be myself so many wanted split checks!

Yikes :)  And  of course there are the people who come in to shop at closing time!  Good Luck!

• Love 1

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all you wonderful, funny, snarky, kind and devoted fellow posters.

One and all, you make this a delightful place to visit and I wish you all the very best!!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, boes said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all you wonderful, funny, snarky, kind and devoted fellow posters.

One and all, you make this a delightful place to visit and I wish you all the very best!!

Yeah, what @boes so eloquently said. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to come to everyone here. 😊☃

• Love 6

Happy New Years.  I hope everyone has a great year!

Have 3 whole days off.   It’s like a mini vacation LOL.  

My new part time job I was having a problem with something I need to know for registrar.  My training person never showed me how to do it.  Then I asked manager for help with it and she said she doesn’t know how to do it either.  Hopefully I cam get a coworker to help me with it.  

• Love 3

Good afternoon 🌞 

still working part time at part time seasonal job 😎.  Saving up for dental work.  I hope to make a dent in what I need to get this done.  Insurance covers 80 percent for most of it but the out of pocket is too much.   The dentist office will not take payments even though it says on the door there are payments plans available 🙄.   They want you to open a medical credit card.  I can not get another card.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Good afternoon 🌞 

still working part time at part time seasonal job 😎.  Saving up for dental work.  I hope to make a dent in what I need to get this done.  Insurance covers 80 percent for most of it but the out of pocket is too much.   The dentist office will not take payments even though it says on the door there are payments plans available 🙄.   They want you to open a medical credit card.  I can not get another card.  

Dental bills are the worst but what are you going to do when you need it?  I'm so sorry you're going through this and I hope you can get the work needed done soon.

I have no insurance, just paid about more than a grand and that hurt almost as much as my teeth did!

Good luck!!!

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:54 PM, tribeca said:

Good afternoon 🌞 

Sorry to hear this....a toothache is the worst!  But, yea, dental bills can add up....good luck with everything...not the way to start off the New Year.

• Love 2

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jen-lilley-pregnant-baby-girl-191105724.html

Jen Lilley Pregnant with Baby Girl After Fostering to Adopt Two Sons - Why She's 'Relieved'

Even though Jen Lilley doesn’t “wish three under 3 on anyone,” she and her husband couldn’t be more excited to welcome a baby girl into their unique family.

“I’m so relieved,” the Hallmark Channel star, 34, tells PEOPLE, revealing her pregnancy news exclusively. “I absolutely love being a mom of boys, but there’s a couple of reasons we wanted a girl — one [being], we don’t have one.”

She adds, “More importantly, the reason we wanted the girl is now my sons won’t have a bio-son to compare themselves to and I think that’s really, really important.”

Lilley and her husband, Jason Wayne, are already parents to two sons via foster care: a 2-year-old, whom they took in when he was just 4 months old, and his biological half-brother, who is now 11 months old. The couple is currently undergoing the adoption process with their older son, awaiting the final court date for confirmation.

“All the legal paperwork is in … but we’re still waiting for his adoption day, which is going to be absolutely ridiculously exciting,” she enthuses to PEOPLE.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Awwww...best of luck to her. But damn....she's not coming back to DAYS for a while then....

That part doesn't bother me as I loathe Theresa. 

Regardless why would she come back she has a sweet gig with Hallmark why return to Days?  I mean there's not even a short term arc she could be a part of beyond Caroline's funeral(if she's not a part of that how are they going to explain how her, Shane, and Kim are MIA since Caroline was living with them in LA)

I could see her return when Days ends though which may be sooner rather than later.

Regardless why would she come back she has a sweet gig with Hallmark why return to Days?  I mean there's not even a short term arc she could be a part of beyond Caroline's funeral(if she's not a part of that how are they going to explain how her, Shane, and Kim are MIA since Caroline was living with them in LA)

Ding ding ding! She should absolutely be back for the funeral, along with Shane and Kim (who is "still dying" according to Brady). But apparently she won't be, which is BS.

And if she did return for a stint, Theresa could still have story with JJ (romance or friendship) or Kate and Gabi (former co-workers) or Brady (coparent) or Chloe (Mateo fallout) or Xander (enemy). Heck, she's also related to Kayla and Roman.

I just want to see her and Anne again.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Regardless why would she come back she has a sweet gig with Hallmark why return to Days?  I mean there's not even a short term arc she could be a part of beyond Caroline's funeral(if she's not a part of that how are they going to explain how her, Shane, and Kim are MIA since Caroline was living with them in LA)

Ding ding ding! She should absolutely be back for the funeral, along with Shane and Kim (who is "still dying" according to Brady). But apparently she won't be, which is BS.

And if she did return for a stint, Theresa could still have story with JJ (romance or friendship) or Kate and Gabi (former co-workers) or Brady (coparent) or Chloe (Mateo fallout) or Xander (enemy). Heck, she's also related to Kayla and Roman.

I just want to see her and Anne again.

JJ/Theresa work best as frenemies they would never work as a couple she would never take him seriously or love him and he's too mature for her. Hard pass.  I do hope they explain why though I mean Caroline was living with them and I assume will die there as well yet they can't bother with the funeral? 

They should've kept Bev or Roxanne for him if they were going to kill off Paige(which I supported). I liked those girls and could see him with both of them.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1

My guess is that they will say she passed away in LA and that a memorial was held there and that the body has been sent back to Salem for proper burial. Since Kim is sick, the whole family wouldn't have wanted to travel for a second funeral/memorial situation. And voila! An explanation for why none of them will show up.

Honestly, I would have much rather been watching their family drama in LA these last few months. We have Kim, who is sick again with leukemia, Theresa who is trying to raise her son and look after her mother and grandmother even though she had a strained relationship with her parents and was recently put through the ringer by Brady, then we have Caroline whose Alzheimer's may or may not have factored into things depending on which way they're going to go with the story. And possibly also Theresa's brother, who we have yet to meet.

At this point, I doubt we ever will. Hell, I'll be amazed if we ever see Steve again!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

My guess is that they will say she passed away in LA and that a memorial was held there and that the body has been sent back to Salem for proper burial. Since Kim is sick, the whole family wouldn't have wanted to travel for a second funeral/memorial situation. And voila! An explanation for why none of them will show up.

Honestly, I would have much rather been watching their family drama in LA these last few months. We have Kim, who is sick again with leukemia, Theresa who is trying to raise her son and look after her mother and grandmother even though she had a strained relationship with her parents and was recently put through the ringer by Brady, then we have Caroline whose Alzheimer's may or may not have factored into things depending on which way they're going to go with the story. And possibly also Theresa's brother, who we have yet to meet.

At this point, I doubt we ever will. Hell, I'll be amazed if we ever see Steve again!

Between this, Allie going off the rails, and whatever is going on with Steve off camera are probably better storylines than what is actually on screen.

• Love 3

Allison Paige used to play Bev on the show.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/killer-in-red-wt

My Killer Client

Christa Bright is an aspiring personal stylist who has an instant connection with new client Kat Niven, a shy woman who needs help gaining confidence. But when Kat's admiration for Christa turns into plain obsession, Christa begins to get suspicious. She soon discovers that Kat is her fianc Jack's ex-girlfriend and she's trying to become Christa in a demented ploy to win Jack back for good. Tammin Sursok, Allison Paige, and Greg Perrow star. (2019)

Edited by CanaryFan98
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Guess she'll leave DOOL, then?

Honestly, I liked her character best when she was buddying up with Bonnie, or with Eli.

Not necessarily she can do both its not like she's on a whole lot now on Days. I agree she is much better in scenes with Bonnie/Eli I do wish Sheila interacted with more characters I did like her and Xander.

• Love 1

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/0...our-lives.html

Exciting New Film for Days of Our Lives' Casey Moss!

Days of Our Lives' Casey Moss (JJ Deveraux) will star alongside Michael John Madden in an exciting new short film. The film is called Circle and is written and directed by Madden. It is produced by Nico Tileston.

Moss will play the role of Chris Hardy while Madden will play the role of Benjamin Hamilton. The two had previously worked on a film called The Last Champion which is slated for release later this year. Circle was shot outside of Joshua Tree and will focus on two guys who get lost in the desert.

Please stay tuned for updates. Join the Days of Our Lives Reddit page here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DaysofOurLives/

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/03/days-of-our-lives-matthew-ashford-takes.html

Days of Our Lives' Matthew Ashford Takes On New Film!

Days of Our Lives' Matthew Ashford (Jack Deveraux) takes on new film. Learn more here--->>>

Days of Our Lives actor, Matthew Ashford (Jack Deveraux) is taking on a new role in an upcoming film. Ashford has been cast in the role of Jim for the upcoming project titled The Castle,  an independent World War 2 based historical horror movie that follows two modern day vacationers who encounter Nazi ghosts haunting their German castle. 

Here's the plot:

Walter and Anna vacation at a Castle in Germany uninhabited since 1945. The Castle has a dark history including it being once owned by the evil SS Nazi Colonel Oskar Hoffman. What Walter and Anna don't know is that the Castle's dark history is about to catch up with them as they end up in a fight for their lives and very souls!
The story continues to present day where the main characters are involved in a scary series of events at the castle when they realize it’s being haunted by evil Nazi Ghosts. We have practical FX, VFX and other high production value things planned for several sequences to enhance the movie’s realism.
The cast includes; Lew Temple as Walter, Tierza Scaccia as Anna, Jerry Lynch as Colonel Hoffman and Shannon Lee as Johanna. The film is seeking funding, to help bring this film to life go here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1487

• Love 1