Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Chapter Seven

Michael just sucks! I hope Jane and Rafael end up together. They have great chemistry. The soccer player was sexy! But I'm afraid Xo isn't going to end up with him. Rogelio is so cute, I love his character. finally, Petra and her mom were funny with the blackmailed. Poor Rafael, being replaced.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed this episode and want to watch it again.  Perhaps it was just romantic fluff but it couldn't have come at a more perfect moment when I really looked for escapism. 

It's exciting to see Jane throw caution to the wind and go for it even though the two of them are going to hit major bumps in the road because it's almost fantasy for both of them.  There's nothing wrong with fantasy but it doesn't last.  It'll be interesting to see where they go for once that element is taken away. 

The fight between Xio and Jane was very good.  Xio, Rogelio and her abuela are way too involved in Jane's potential sex life but the argument was very real.  Jane is going against expectations and that's part of growing up.  The growing pains when those changes start to happen were well done in the ep.

Michael, Michael, Michael...I'm all for you getting your groove on now that you and Jane are over but with a co-worker?  In the office?  No no no no.  If he's not fired by the end of the season, I will be partly surprised. 

• Love 2

" I've had too much normal people wine" , " I'm jealous of Markus the soccer player" Rogelio cracks me up so much!!! And Raf and Jane, so cute. It's not going to be smooth sailing but I do hope they'll end up together. I am quite intrigued with Michael - there HAS to be something more going on with him than just being sad he's not with Jane anymore. Also wanna know what Petra's got on Raf... I don't want to wait until next week!!!

Edited by Bouffe
  • Love 2

Jane and Rafael are smitten with each other now but I hope the fact that he didn't call her after their first kiss is going to come up again. I want to know why! I also want to know what was bad enough to get him fired (and why Petra didn't say to Rafael, "give me more money or I spill the beans" sooner).

Rogelio is a total crack up... eying Xo's date like that, ha!

I wonder if, when Michael and Jane try to reconnect (it's inevitable), he'll try to keep the hookup with his partner a secret... considering Jane's virginity pledge, I think that would destroy her. Or maybe it'll come out before then. Anyway, I expected them to hook up but I thought there'd be more lead up than an oddly aggressive, "what are you gonna do about it" or whatever she said.

• Love 2

Ok I know this show is fantasy but I could not stop smiling. I really enjoyed Rafe and Jane and thought there were too adorable. I'm worried that if it's not them coming apart, something else will cause a rift. But I enjoyed the fluff for sure.

Everyone else was very cute as well. Everyone is just adorable. Except for Michael. haha!

• Love 2

Aww.  I loved Jane and Rafael's all night date.  Wish I had one of those in my life.

Rogelio cracked me up every time he invaded Xo's personal space whenever she was with the soccer player.  Jaime Camil is GOLDEN.

• Love 8

Huh, I'm definitely in the minority.

I found Jane/Raf INCREDIBLY BORING, unoriginal, and a drag on the rest of the episode; and it makes me not want to rewatch it unlike the rest of the series so far.

Xo was this week's MVP with the mix of genuine emotion and comedic hijinks I expect from this show.

Petra's scheming ways helped alleviate the dullness of Jane/Raf and I'm so glad we get to keep having her around as a foil.

Michael intrigues me more each week.

• Love 5

I usually want television plotting to be way more complicated than it is. This show approaches the level of twisted interconnecting plots I love. I hope we find out what Luisa's up to in the next episode. I thought we would see her last night, but I guess not.

Hooray, we learned more names. Jane's friend who isn't Lina is Frankie, and was the guy's name Luca?

Loved Xiomara and Rogelio and their double date. I hope the cute soccer player sticks around awhile. It seems like it's about time Xo had a nice relationship with a chance of a future with a decent guy. Though he'll probably turn out to have connections to Sin Rostro if he sticks around too long.

Jane and Rafael's all-night chat, sweet as it was, wasn't super interesting, but I like that they connect in such a way that they can talk all night. I thought they were funny in the club and at Target. Target, the hot new makeout spot. In the previews, it looks like Raf did NOT know that she's still a virgin. How on earth or in hell did he miss that memo?

I find Petra very entertaining. I wonder why she didn't directly blackmail Rafael for more money if she's got enough dirt on him to get him fired and shipped out to Mexico City. Why does he have to go to Mexico? I can't believe I have to wait two weeks to see more! So cruel!

• Love 1

Petra kind of fascinates me. She seems to have been trained by her mother to be ruthless, money-grubbing, and scheming, but that seems to be fighting against some other part of her nature which has a little more decency. She seems genuinely appalled when her mother suggests letting Ivan die, and not just to gain his trust, because usually he can't see her when she's reacting to her mother. I wonder what she'd be like if she got away from Magda.

And if her mother is so heartlessly scheming, I wonder why she doesn't have more money of her own. Does Magda perhaps have her own ill-gotten fortune, but she can't access it yet without tipping off investigators? Is she just devoted to the scheme with Petra and won't quit acting the part of the poor disabled penniless mother until they've extracted everything they can from Rafael? Did she have money as a drug queenpin but overextended herself hiring thugs and paying people off and losing product through pesky police finding it? How was Zaz involved and why was he murdered? Why did Petra have such a huge debt? SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Maybe the class differences between Jane and Rafael will be reversed when she wins a settlement in the case against Luisa and Raf loses his job and his shares in the hotel. I don't know what other assets he has. The hot nightclub might not make money soon or ever.

• Love 2

Petra kind of fascinates me. She seems to have been trained by her mother to be ruthless, money-grubbing, and scheming, but that seems to be fighting against some other part of her nature which has a little more decency. She seems genuinely appalled when her mother suggests letting Ivan die, and not just to gain his trust, because usually he can't see her when she's reacting to her mother. I wonder what she'd be like if she got away from Magda.

I think Petra may have some layers beyond ruthless manipulative bitch and I do think she shows more warmth than her mother.  But after last nights episode I have no idea how much of that warmth and human emotion is real.  As you said it seemed as though she was genuinely appalled at the suggestion of murder.  But then she also apparently intentionally fed him peanut in order to induce anaphylactic shock so that she could save him and induce bonding from him.  And she let him get pretty far along in his reaction before grabbing the epi pen.  At least that seemed to be the implication of the post event convo with her mom when they were eyeing  his alet braclet after the fact.  

I mean, it appears her desire to not kill him may be genuine, but she was willing to risk it and she played a hell of a part in the process. 

As for the rest of the episode, I thought it was fun.  Jane and Rafe were cute and that was the most personality he's shown during the show.  Rogelio was delightful as always and Xo was too (as was her hot footballer).  And though I don't love his choice of partner (pun not intended) or location, I have no issue with Michael getting laid.  I worry a bit about his partner's ambition and her wanting to cut out the DEA from the investigation.  I really don't want to watch Michael get embroiled in that kind of work mess.  It's a bit too procedural drama for my lovely light telenovela.

• Love 1

I don't know what to think about Nadine. What's the point of catching the bad guys getting their drug shipment if you muck up the legal issues so thoroughly that you can never convict anyone and you just get yourself in big trouble? Does she like showboating more than she cares about law enforcement? Is she testing Michael to see what he'll go for? Is she in cahoots with Sin Rostro?

Also, small details that I love about this show: it sounded like Magda was watching The Passions of Santos dubbed in (presumably) Czech. I'd like to hear and see Rogelio's reaction to his acting being dubbed over!

I wonder if Magda knows that the star of her favorite show is constantly hanging around the hotel in which she lives.

More and more Petra is becoming my favorite character, along with Rogelio. I love her because she tries. She's in deep shit, but she keeps trying and trying and trying to get out of it. And she's quite smart and scheming. I thought the peanut allergy thing was brilliant.

I'm starting to get bored with this show because lately I feel like no one is struggling for something or fighting for something. Things are just happening, and now that I've gotten used to the gimmicks I'm starting to lose interest. But I'm liking Petra more and more, at least. Interesting, layered bad girls are very often my weakness in shows.

I also love Rogelio. He is so over the top and totally hilarious.

Jane and Rafael were really cute last night and for the first time I liked them together. I still don't care who Jane ends up with, though.

• Love 1

I think Petra will be folded back into the main plot eventually. A show like this needs a Joan Collins-esque antagonist and Petra and her super evil mother are doing a bang up job of conniving and scheming. By now I trust the writers to eventually pay everything off in this incredible first season of tv. There will come a time when you'll be glad they kept Petra around.

• Love 2

I loved the episode.  I love Jane and Rafael together, they have a lot of cute moments.  I was also pleased that they are able to talk to each other for hours about the little things that they may have otherwise never known.  I really liked that Rafael made a point of telling Jane that more than anything else he wanted to get to know Jane as a person.  Their attraction to each other doesn't hurt either.

I was also happy that Jane and Xo had a frank discussion about expectations.  It's completely normal for Xo to freak out when Jane doesn't act the way she has in the past.  I thought Jane explained her stance very well.  She is going to be a mother soon and for people like Jane it's a big deal.  I think it's perfectly natural for her to want to live a little.  Her being with Rafael right now or in the future won't hurt her.  They are always going to be a part of each other's lives because of the baby they now share. 

I'm on the fence about Petra.  I do feel that there is more to her than schemes and lies but she has yet to really show us that.  I just wish that everything wasn't a ploy for money.  She's not going to be beautiful forever.

I find Michael to be so petulant almost all the time.  I kind of hate that he's still not really being completely honest with Jane.  Even if she were to take her back, there's still the issue of him allowing Petra to tamper with evidence that may come back to bite him in the ass.  I just don't see him being great husband material for Jane.

• Love 3
Xio, Rogelio and her abuela are way too involved in Jane's potential sex life

THIS. Isn't Jane 23?! Good God! But she encourages them and invites them into her very personal moments at every turn so I can't even call it an invasion of privacy. Clearly privacy is a foreign concept to these ladies.

And I can't get behind Abuela's 'crushed flower' metaphor. The idea that a woman's value and worth are tied to the state of her hymen is such a damaging thing to tell a child. I can't help but think that message played a part in Xo's bad decision making over the years. With a message like that a girl can go one of two ways: a guilt obsessed neurotic who can't even tell a lie of omission even if it means pointlessly crushing her fiance (Jane), or a woman who thinks because she made poor choices in her youth, that she's now 'bad' and can only ever be 'bad' and therefore lives life as a reflection of her 'unworthiness' (Xo). I hated hearing Xo imply that she wasn't smart because of the mistakes she had made in her youth. Abuela told her she's a crushed flower, and for all of Xo's bravado, she clearly believes it.

By all means, Abuela can teach a girl morals, values, and self respect. But what she should also teach is that people make mistakes every day, and that if you fall down you're ALLOWED to get back up...and you're still allowed to be of value and worth to the people around you, especially to yourself. No one is supposed to feel, or be made to feel 'less than' because of a mistake...especially by the people who claim to love them. And there are much bigger 'mistakes' than an adult choosing to have sex on her own terms.

I know Abuela supposedly means well and viewers are expected to see her as loving and humorous, but I can't help but think that she has damaged 'her girls' so much with her judgmental, puritanical attitude. That scene a few episodes ago (maybe the pilot?) where she found Jane's morning after pills and immediately started to tear her down because Jane supposedly having sex is somehow a personal insult to her, was simply stunning to me. Once she realized Jane was still a virgin she had a whiplash-inducing change of heart and decided a baby would be the best thing that ever happened, and all traces of fire and brimstone suddenly vanished.

I certainly don't hate the character, she's had some great moments and she DOES love Xo and Jane. I just wish someone (preferably Xo) would address the fact that Abuela's love comes with a heaping side of self righteousness and judgement, and the fact that her condemnation has played a big, big part in Jane and Xo being who and where they are today...the good AND the bad.

Edited by LaJefaza
  • Love 11

And if her mother is so heartlessly scheming, I wonder why she doesn't have more money of her own. Does Magda perhaps have her own ill-gotten fortune, but she can't access it yet without tipping off investigators? Is she just devoted to the scheme with Petra and won't quit acting the part of the poor disabled penniless mother until they've extracted everything they can from Rafael? Did she have money as a drug queenpin but overextended herself hiring thugs and paying people off and losing product through pesky police finding it?

I'm convinced that Magda is Sin Rostro, based on the meaning of the name, her scheming ruthlessness, and the fact that Disgusting Tom said he was murdered by Sin Rostro, so s/he is someone who's been in the hotel. The police have yet to actually see Sin Rostro, right? So maybe they are just assuming it's a man. I think the wheelchair is just a cover. If she is Sin Rostro, I'm not sure if Petra knows or not.

I love the narrator more and more each week. "OMG! It's him, it's him!" was golden.

I hope we see more of Nicholas Gonzalez.

I don't know why, but Michael's haircut is really bothering me all of a sudden. Additionally, and maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I'm also bothered by how quickly people's clothes come off on TV. I swear Nadine just touched Michael's shirt and it fell open. Where do you buy these magic TV shirts?

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 3

I actually liked how the show handled Jane and the matter of hopping from one relationship to another. The writers actually thought out how it would look and seem to someone who had actual morals and had Jane react appropriately. Even having her give in sort of made some amount of sense--they had her explain it in a way that was selfish, sure, but not thoughtless.

I'm convinced that Magda is Sin Rostro, based on the meaning of the name, her scheming ruthlessness, and the fact that Disgusting Tom said he was murdered by Sin Rostro, so s/he is someone who's been in the hotel. The police have yet to actually see Sin Rostro, right? So maybe they are just assuming it's a man. I think the wheelchair is just a cover. If she is Sin Rostro, I'm not sure if Petra knows or not.

I'm convinced that at the very least she killed that guy who got impaled in the ice. I thought it was very obvious when Michael thought Petra did it because someone used her mother's key card to open the entrance that lead to some stairs and he was all "obviously that wasn't your mom cause she's in a wheelchair". So, yeah, that was totally the mom.

I don't know if she is Sin Rostro because if she was a drug lord, why wouldn't she just give Petra the money she needs? Unless even Petra doesn't know.

Rogelio: you've done fantastic job raising a daughter who was gifted with extraordinary DNA

Hah! Rogelio is the best. I loved everything about him in this episode, including the part where he loomed over Xo as she tried to talk to Marco in the doorway. I was glad, however, that Xo didn't go back on her promise to not interfere in Rogelio and Jane's relationship. And Marco is cute, so yay for Xo!

I also love Petra. Her hostage situation with the blackmailer was hilarious. And it appears Petra is not completely ruthless as she wasn't willing to kill the guy.

Rafa and Jane are adorable. I loved their "It's not a date" conversation. Just too cute.

Rogelio: take that away and bring me some normal people wine.

Lol. Still loving Rogelio.

• Love 3

I'm convinced that at the very least she killed that guy who got impaled in the ice. I thought it was very obvious when Michael thought Petra did it because someone used her mother's key card to open the entrance that lead to some stairs and he was all "obviously that wasn't your mom cause she's in a wheelchair". So, yeah, that was totally the mom.

I don't know if she is Sin Rostro because if she was a drug lord, why wouldn't she just give Petra the money she needs? Unless even Petra doesn't know.

Clearly if this was the case Petra wouldn't know. Petra is posed as a schemer, but also as something of a victim.

I imagine if they went this way the mother would have the debt as a way of testing her daughter (and being disgusted she's failing the test).

I am so in love with this show. I can't remember having this many laugh out loud moments in a show in a very long time. Rogelio is hysterical - every comment he makes to Jane or Xo is priceless. I love the mother/daughter relationship that Jane and Xo have. I hope that we see more of Abuela in a role other than sex shamer.

I agree that Sin Rostro has to be someone who was in the hotel: could be Lochlan, Rafael's father, his stepmother, Petra's mother, etc... Long list of suspects. I do wonder if Petra's mother's wheelchair is a ruse and she can really walk?

Loved the evening that Jane and Rafael spent getting to know each other.

Where have I seen the actor playing Marco before? He looks so familiar. 

As others have said, Rogelio is hysterical and definitely the bright star in the show. I think I'd still watch the show without him (I love the telenovela feel and all the drama), but he definitely elevates it to another level of funny. "I've had too much normal people wine!" was great, as was #PleaseFindJane. 

Another thing that makes this show even funnier is the narrator and the white explanatory text. Love that detail. 

Loved the couples asking for hugs from Jane, especially the one where she asks if they know her father. So funny. 

Hated that Michael jumped to have sex with his coworker after finding out about Jane and Rafael. I don't know how to explain it, but it made it less sweet that he waited so long with Jane. 

• Love 1

THIS. Isn't Jane 23?! Good God! But she encourages them and invites them into her very personal moments at every turn so I can't even call it an invasion of privacy. Clearly privacy is a foreign concept to these ladies.

I also thought that a lot of the fuss about Jane being out all night played like she was a teenager, but that kind of makes sense to me, given that you've got basically two straight generations here who never moved out of their parents' house, and Alma, since it's her house (and given Xo's un-lucrative-looking career to date, I'm guessing it's grandma who's historically paying most of the bills), to a great extent calls the tune (which is fairly old-fashioned).

Xo also acts, Lorelai Gilmore-style, as much as her daughter's best friend as she is her mom (as in, for instance, the flashback that opens this episode, where Jane is gushing about the magical kiss, etc.).  Which, incidentally, also means that Jane's supposed best friend Lina and her other semi-interchangeable work friends still feel largely superfluous to this story.

Edited by SeanC

That is a very plausible explanation for Zaz and Disgusting Tom's deaths... What a delicious twist that would be!

Rafa and Jane are adorable. I loved their "It's not a date" conversation. Just too cute.

"Say it without teeth" That had me rolling!

Rogelio: take that away and bring me some normal people wine.

Lol. Still loving Rogelio.

For me Rogelio's best line was the whiny, drunk "I hate Marcos the soccer player" while laying his head on Xo's lap. Too. Freaking. Funny!

That is a very plausible explanation for Zaz and Disgusting Tom's deaths... What a delicious twist that would be!

When Magda lumbers out of that chair, as if there was never any problem in the first place, and maybe plants a nice smack across Petra's face in disgust, while screaming at her how useless she is, then we'll know.

BTW: where the heck did they dig up the actress who decades ago was one of the not-Chrissys on Three's Company? Google says that's who she is.

She actually looks enough like Jennifer Coolidge now I briefly confused them (except Jennifer Coolidge is gainfully employed elsewhere).

• Love 1

BTW: where the heck did they dig up the actress who decades ago was one of the not-Chrissys on Three's Company? Google says that's who she is.

She actually looks enough like Jennifer Coolidge now I briefly confused them (except Jennifer Coolidge is gainfully employed elsewhere).

Thank you for pointing that out! Pricilla Barnes looked so familiar in her role of Magda, but I could not pinpoint where I could have possibly seen her.

Thank you for pointing that out! Pricilla Barnes looked so familiar in her role of Magda, but I could not pinpoint where I could have possibly seen her.

Ack, if you saw a resemblance you're better at it than me. Unless it's the current Jennifer Coolidge resemblance you are commenting on! (although to be honest, once you look at the actual features, eye color, nose shape, etc. I guess it's not as much).

91c98aae60676c66c999a137f3f99d9f.jpg?ito priscilla-barnes-1.jpg MV5BMTI3NjYyMzgxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjgy

Edited by Kromm

What makes me sort of suspect Jane will end up with Rafael is that in telenovela tradition, the leading man has to prove himself somehow. If he starts out poor, he has to work hard and show that he can achieve career success and be accepted by the upper classes. If he starts out rich, he's usually a womanizing snob who will have to prove that he is down to earth and can be sincere and and committed to one woman. Or he's unhappily married to some shrew who wants to trap him, and needs to get free of that but also show that he isn't a wifehopper.

Michael didn't really have any obstacles to overcome to be with Jane. He's middle class and decently employed. Jane's family already liked him. Jane was a little taken aback to learn of his carjacking youth, but she didn't seem terribly bothered by it; that's all in the past. He was single with no encumbering committments.

Rafael, on the other hand, has an obstacle course in front of him if he wants to live happily ever after with Jane. Jane's family doesn't trust him because he is, on the surface at least, so different from her, and has a reputation as a womanizing playboy dilettante. He's still married to someone else. He has major family problems.

To me, all this says that he is set up as the leading man who will need to overcome all that before the happily ever after.

Of course, Michael is now setting up some roadblocks for himself that didn't exist before, so this could all switch and he could turn into the one who has the most to overcome to emerge as the hero.

• Love 1

Regarding the identity of Sin Rostro, a lot of people have guessed Magda, which seems like a decent bet, though the obvious one.  My main hesitation on that score is that it kind of feels to me like the Sin Rostro plotline really should start connecting more to Jane than has been the case so far (it's kind of off in its own little corner, especially now that Jane's not engaged to Michael).  The suggestion that it's Rafael's dad, for instance, would move it marginally more into Jane's orbit.

Regarding the identity of Sin Rostro, a lot of people have guessed Magda, which seems like a decent bet, though the obvious one.  My main hesitation on that score is that it kind of feels to me like the Sin Rostro plotline really should start connecting more to Jane than has been the case so far (it's kind of off in its own little corner, especially now that Jane's not engaged to Michael).  The suggestion that it's Rafael's dad, for instance, would move it marginally more into Jane's orbit.

I don't think TV writers would see an old woman in a wheelchair as the "obvious one". I think she's only obvious if you look through a comedy lens, rather than a dramatic one.

Eh, I think anyone would be suspicious of a mysterious Eastern European woman with scars on her face who talks about killing people.  I mean, if you look at people trying to guess Sin Rostro's identity in the fandom, Magda is far and away the #1 choice, and I doubt the writers could be ignorant that people would see that.

• Love 2

Sin Rostro:

No:
Petra - devious and cunning, but not quite ruthless enough. She'd have been caught by now.
Rafael - doesn't seem nearly evil enough.
Rogelio - probably wouldn't be able to keep it a secret. He'd be bragging about being the best drug kingpin ever. Not him.
Michael - no, because he needs to stay in the running for Jane's happily ever after
Luisa - too careless and sloppy; she'd have gotten caught

Xiomara - no. She's a definite Good Character.

Stepsinisters - too young.

Lina, Frankie, Luca - why would they still be working as waitstaff?

Rose - She likes money and isn't super big on morals, but if she had big drug money, why would she be trying to stay married to a mean old coot?

Abuela - Just can't see it. Her methods of instilling moral values are twisted and off, but she means well.

Billy - not smart enough, and wouldn't be needing money all the time. Could see him as a dealer, but not a kingpin.

Real possibilities

Rafael's father - Seems mean and like the kind of guy who can never get enough money or sense of getting away with something.

Rafael's mother - Obviously shady if she abandoned her kid...unless she was forced to leave somehow.

Melissa - She's just nasty. I'd put nothing past her.

Magda - Obvious reasons.

Head nun at Our Lady of Sorrows - Because that would be a twist! And just think of all the things she could do for the church with the money! It's probably what Jesus would want!

Lachlan - He'd definitely be a drug kingpin if he could manage to find the right connections and figure out how to do it. Hard to see his capos taking him seriously, though.

Nadine - She IS doing her best to muck up the investigation and distract Michael.

Edited by Enginerd
  • Love 2

Plot twist:  Jane realizes that Sin Rostro is her Tyler Durden-style alter ego.

I wonder what will happen to Jane's job now that Rafael has been fired from the hotel. Would any of the villains want to get rid of her, too, even simply out of spite and because Raf likes her?

I was going to say that under Canadian law you'd be slapped with a wrongful termination suit to go along with Jane's already big medical malpractice payday, but this is America, so somehow I fear you can fire someone because they're dating your son.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 1

Plot twist:  Jane realizes that Sin Rostro is her Tyler Durden-style alter ego.

I was going to say that under Canadian law you'd be slapped with a wrongful termination suit to go along with Jane's already big medical malpractice payday, but this is America, so somehow I fear you can fire someone because they're dating your son.

You can sue anyone for anything you want.  And it might even be a winnable case.  But the thing is (and this is probably almost as true in Canada as in the US) it takes money, and particularly time, to sue someone successfully.  The people with the most money typically win in the end because they can wait the suit out, file things to delay the suit even more, or at the very least toss out a lowball settlement to get the person to go away.

Besides, they could probably come up with some other pretense to fire her if they really want to and she'd have to prove it was for another reason. Some trumped up bad performance review, or for a few minutes lateness some random day, or cut one of her friends as well as say it's general staffing cutbacks.

Where in the hell did Jane's car go? Why were Jane and Xo on the bus? Come on continuity peeps...get it together.

Since we had a whole plot point about her NOT giving the car back it WAS confusing, wasn't it?

• Love 1

Good possibilities for Sin Rostro.  Even though Magda is the number one suspect amongst savvy online viewers, there may be reasons why the writers may think they're fooling the general audience.  She's in a wheelchair.  She hasn't spoken of drugs.  She's a woman and every time they refer to "Sin Rostro" they refer to the person as a "him" or a "he."  They also introduced Rafael's father around the same time they introduced Sin Rostro.

I thought the first hugging couple was going to want to adopt Jane's baby.

Hated that Michael jumped to have sex with his coworker after finding out about Jane and Rafael. I don't know how to explain it, but it made it less sweet that he waited so long with Jane. 

I'm not a big Michael defender but couldn't it be seen as more sweet?  He wasn't a virgin.  He was used to having sex in his relationships.  Yet staying celibate was worth it in order to date Jane. I had no qualms about him choosing to have sex beyond it wasn't a smart partner choice nor was it a smart location.

• Love 3

Where in the hell did Jane's car go? Why were Jane and Xo on the bus? Come on continuity peeps...get it together.

I own a car and I still take the bus a lot of the time. Some times and places it's more convenient to take the bus (and save on parking), and other times it's less hassle to take the car.

• Love 2

I admired Jane's shrewd bargaining with the school principal to keep her job. And no step-sisters this ep, so bonus.

Side note, but Gina appears to be short-waisted and wardrobe keeps putting her in the same style of unflattering dress. I think she looks much nicer in her work uniform since it doesn't have a waist.

I remember him from Showtime's Resurrection Blvd back in the early 00s with Tony Plana and Elizabeth Peña (RIP). When I saw his name (Nicholas Gonzalez) in the opening credits I thought, "Could this really be him? Haven't seen that name in forever!"  He was a crush of mine back then.

I am loving this show but I'm afraid to get too attached. I hope viewership picks up.

• Love 1

Sleepy Hollow ? He's the detective

who had a thing with Abbie but when she decided to leave the town she ended it.... and did not resume when she decided to stay! He appeared in a bunch of episode during the first season. For the life of me, I can't remember seeing in during the second but I could be wrong.

You know, thinking about things this episode, I have to say Rafael does look like a dick for wanting to jump into things with Jane so soon. I still like him, and I think him and Jane are cute, but last episode, the narrator was talking about openings for him when Rafael heard about Jane and Michael's problems. And then the moment he hears they broke up, he just ups and kisses her? Sure, Jane's not a saint for kissing him back, but Rafael is made to look like a douche for seemingly just waiting until they broke it off before he made a move. I don't know; I like him, but that was definitely a really douchey move. I loved Jane telling Rafael off. That helped me a lot with Jane, especially after last episode. 

That being said, his and Jane's date was cute. I think they do have something going, but I'm not sure if I want it to last. But he does have a really nice smile.

Also, on another note, Jane looks like she's still really early on in her pregnancy. How far along is she? Seven weeks? 

I do feel bad for Michael; I can understand the hurt he feels, especially when finding the flowers with the note from Rafael. I think it hurts him, especially when Jane lied to him about their breakup not being about Rafael. Well, at least why they're not working things out. But his choice in his rebound? Michael, you deserve better than shady Nadine who's probably working for Sin Rostro. Also, him hooking up with Nadine doesn't make him the worst guy; I think the show may or may not have been trying to compare his rebound with Jane's rebound, and I'm not sure whether they're trying to make him look worse than Jane. I hope not, because I don't think I'm seeing things the same as the show is, if that's the case. Also, I think once Michael heard Jane stayed the night at Rafael's and didn't call her own mother, he might have suspected something could have happened sexually, and that was why he lashed out by sleeping with Nadine.

I think Sin Rostro has to be Magda at this point. Of course, most of you already know who it is by now, I imagine. But the fact that she's in a wheelchair, her mother spoke about either murdering or letting the guy go, and just being plain shady, I think it could very well be her. Plus, they keep looking for a guy....

I really love Petra. She's fast becoming a favourite of mine. I like her and Rogelio the best, followed by Xo and Michael. 

I also miss Luisa.

I missed the narrator this episode. It seemed like his screentime was cut in half, so to speak.

Edited by Lady Calypso

Gah, the same thing that bothered me in the last episode was present again this week. I am totally fine with Rafael and Jane spending time together, liking each other, and being attracted to each other. But they are so stupid and careless to be kissing in Target or anywhere in public before his divorce is finalized. If anyone had pictures of them together, Petra could try to use it against him in their divorce. From a practical point of view, any money she squeezes out of him in their divorce settlement is money he doesn't have for the baby. Even though we know that nothing happened between Jane and Rafael until after she broke up with Michael and he filed the divorce papers, they should still be cautious and not make out in public, especially in this day and age where everyone has cameras on their cell phones. It's easy enough to explain a photo where they are just talking since they are having a baby together, but a picture of them kissing at Target? Nope.

But what I did love about their relationship this week was that it was mostly focused on them slowing things down and getting to know each other. Yes, they are physically attracted to each other but they spent all night talking and learning about each other. I remember nights like that and how great it is when you find someone who you can spend hours with. Being attracted to each other is important (because if you aren't attracted to each other, you're just friends) but liking the other person's personality and being able to communicate and talk about anything is really important so I like that they purposely spent time building that part of their relationship with each other. They have talked to each other about important things in bits and pieces but this was the first time where they did it on purpose, rather than because they happened to see the other person looking serious.

By all means, Abuela can teach a girl morals, values, and self respect. But what she should also teach is that people make mistakes every day, and that if you fall down you're ALLOWED to get back up...and you're still allowed to be of value and worth to the people around you, especially to yourself. No one is supposed to feel, or be made to feel 'less than' because of a mistake...especially by the people who claim to love them. And there are much bigger 'mistakes' than an adult choosing to have sex on her own terms.

While I agree that people should learn that you can make mistakes, the bolded part is my bigger issue. An adult woman having sex is not a mistake. It's a normal, healthy thing and no one should be made to feel bad for doing it. I totally understand that there will be generational differences in values, it really bothers me when parents or grandparents act like their kids/grandchildren are horrible people because they get tattoos or piercings or have sex. It's not 1850. If people make different choices than you did when you were their age, that doesn't make them wrong. I hate to see women who are slut shamed by their own families.

If anyone had pictures of them together, Petra could try to use it against him in their divorce. From a practical point of view, any money she squeezes out of him in their divorce settlement is money he doesn't have for the baby. Even though we know that nothing happened between Jane and Rafael until after she broke up with Michael and he filed the divorce papers, they should still be cautious and not make out in public, especially in this day and age where everyone has cameras on their cell phones. It's easy enough to explain a photo where they are just talking since they are having a baby together, but a picture of them kissing at Target? Nope.

Except at this point, even with pictures, I don't think Petra has any leverage.  We don't know what their pre-nup said but a) she would have to prove there was something going on before papers were filed and then there's the fact that b) she was cheating with Zaz so I don't think her playing the infidelity card would help her much and c) she submitted a false abuse claim.