Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Cup O' Joe

Dagny

Please remember that the Small Talk thread does not allow for the conversations that violate the Primetimer Politics Rule.

• Start Topic

You're collectively gonna think I'm nuts but this is the third time it's happened and I didn't say anything the other two times. 

When Mika wears a light color top and we (I) talk about her bewbs because something is noticeable in the light color, she wears a dark color the next day and keeps it up for quite awhile - maybe until she forgets or she thinks we (I) forgot. 

The last time it happened was when she wore a fitted pink top on April 1 and oakville posted a Daily Caller link that day. The imbalance caught my eye because of the chyron and I wrote a wondering post, was there a sour implant or maybe a mastectomy, because things were not what they had been. One was nearly sitting on the chyron and the other clearly was not. She has worn dark tops or layers since then (two weeks).

There was a change after Stormy Daniels and Michael Avenatti were frequent guests for awhile. Whether Joe's appreciation of Stormy's assets spurred something, I cannot say. Somewhere around then Mika wore a kimono/a robe over her usual outfit every day for a week, I remember that.

I notice this kind of stuff because I worked in a salon and spa where co-workers and clients enjoyed getting boob jobs and liposuction and other improvements and they were not shy about before-and-after conversations and comparisons. 

Well, I'll go sit in the corner by myself for a few days. Carry on.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/01/joe-scarborough-everyone-but-trump-coronavirus-coming-january/

Edited by suomi
forgot the link
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Are Meeka and her mother wearing the same shoes?  Same jeans?  I know, most jeans look alike.  But you can see the family resemblance.  

That picture is sweet. It makes me miss my mom. She's been gone 15 years in September. 😕

• Love 8

Mika did an Instagram live today, and she said that Joe was going to take his guitar over to Bamba’s house sometime soon. Imagine Joe singing his songs to an audience of Bamba. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Is that the only face Babka ever makes?  Sweet terrifying grimace.  Sweet Senior Living Garanimals they're both wearing. 
Heard just before and after that picture:
"You look stupid in those clothes, Mika"
"This is 'Pinot Noir'?  It's disgusting.  I hate American wine.  You know I do."
"You're disgusting, Mika."
"Where is your 'husband,' you harlot?"
"Stop eating so much cake.  Why do you eat so much cake?  The cake you bring over is disgusting."
"Why don't you come see me more?  I hate you.  So does the dog."
"Why can't you be smart like your brothers?  Why are you so stupid?"
"Hand me some of those mashed potatoes you keep in that massive bra, cake face."

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

My mother told me about a month before she passed away "you are such a good girl, I wouldn't trade you for anything". (Was that an option she had considered when I was younger? )  She was in the hospital as they found out the cancer had spread to her liver and spine and there wasn't much else to do.  (It was 1998) 

In the next breath "get your hair out of your face".  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Kemper said:

Are Meeka and her mother wearing the same shoes?  Same jeans?

And almost the same hair! But not for long unless she figures out how to use the squirt bottle from the Clairol box. I hate, hate, hate those sunglasses on her head in every picture...she even wore them that way at one of her shaminars...she uses them as an accessory and it looks so silly. I guess she day-drinks wine and saves the warm vodka for her show prep.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, teddysmom said:

My mother told me about a month before she passed away "you are such a good girl, I wouldn't trade you for anything". (Was that an option she had considered when I was younger? )  She was in the hospital as they found out the cancer had spread to her liver and spine and there wasn't much else to do.  (It was 1998) 

I had some of my best talks with my mom when she was in hospice. She always retained her snarky personality, but that just made the experience more genuine. It would have been weird and awkward if there had been too much deathbed sappiness.

• Love 3

I enjoy snarking on Mika, but she really looks lovely and happy in that picture.
Is that picture current?  Florida or CT?  It looks like Connecticut to me.  The flora and the sweaters suggest it's April in the north, not April in the humid climes of south Florida.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I had some of my best talks with my mom when she was in hospice. She always retained her snarky personality, but that just made the experience more genuine. It would have been weird and awkward if there had been too much deathbed sappiness.

That's awesome. My mom was getting a little delusional, the cancer had also gotten into her brain, she thought my sister was married to Bruce Willis.  I can't remember when this happened, I don't think it was when she was home for hospice because she didn't even make it a week after we brought her home, but earlier that summer maybe,  she told me a woman came every night and sat on her bed and talked to her.  After she died, for years, I would be in bed dozing off, and it would feel like someone sat on the end of my bed, you know how it feels as the mattress compresses.  No one was there of course. And the dog was up in bed with me. 

And I had one of those touch lamps that would come on unexpectedly every now and then for the entire year after my dad died. I was out walking Ted and thinking about how mom and dad had both died on the 23rd of the month (10 years apart). I came home and the light had come on.   It wasn't on when I left. 

Then both those things stopped eventually. I can't explain the lamp. It works fine it sits by itself on a little table by the tv, so it's not like I bump it walking by or anything.  

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

That's awesome. My mom was getting a little delusional, the cancer had also gotten into her brain, she thought my sister was married to Bruce Willis.  I can't remember when this happened, I don't think it was when she was home for hospice because she didn't even make it a week after we brought her home, but earlier that summer maybe,  she told me a woman came every night and sat on her bed and talked to her.  After she died, for years, I would be in bed dozing off, and it would feel like someone sat on the end of my bed, you know how it feels as the mattress compresses.  No one was there of course. And the dog was up in bed with me. 

And I had one of those touch lamps that would come on unexpectedly every now and then for the entire year after my dad died. I was out walking Ted and thinking about how mom and dad had both died on the 23rd of the month (10 years apart). I came home and the light had come on.   It wasn't on when I left. 

Then both those things stopped eventually. I can't explain the lamp. It works fine it sits by itself on a little table by the tv, so it's not like I bump it walking by or anything.  

I can't remember if I've ever told this story here or not. But many years ago - about 15 years before my mom died - I was awakened at about 2 a.m. by a very long, loud blast from my smoke detector, which was positioned right outside my bedroom. It used to go off randomly when I took steamy showers or cooked something particularly smoky, but this was the middle of the night so I understandably freaked out. I ran around my apartment and checked everything, went out into the hallway and sniffed the air, listened at neighbors' doors, etc. to see if there was anything going on...nothing. I went back to bed and slept uneasily the rest of the night, but it didn't go off again. So it wasn't like one of those things where the battery is dying and it chirps; this was a single, full-on blast that then went quiet.

Later that morning, my dad called me while I was on my way to work and told me my mom had been rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night with a burst appendix. She went into surgery at around 2 a.m.

Incidentally, at the time she was a heavy smoker. She ended up being in the hospital for a month due to an infection and never picked up a cigarette again after she was released. She died from lung cancer anyway.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

I can't remember if I've ever told this story here or not. But many years ago - about 15 years before my mom died - I was awakened at about 2 a.m. by a very long, loud blast from my smoke detector, which was positioned right outside my bedroom. It used to go off randomly when I took steamy showers or cooked something particularly smoky, but this was the middle of the night so I understandably freaked out. I ran around my apartment and checked everything, went out into the hallway and sniffed the air, listened at neighbors' doors, etc. to see if there was anything going on...nothing. I went back to bed and slept uneasily the rest of the night, but it didn't go off again. So it wasn't like one of those things where the battery is dying and it chirps; this was a single, full-on blast that then went quiet.

Later that morning, my dad called me while I was on my way to work and told me my mom had been rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night with a burst appendix. She went into surgery at around 2 a.m.

Incidentally, at the time she was a heavy smoker. She ended up being in the hospital for a month due to an infection and never picked up a cigarette again after she was released. She died from lung cancer anyway.

Edited 1 hour ago by Eliot

Same with my mom! She quit when a cardiologist told her to, (after we had harped on her for years) before she had cataract surgery.  

She still died about 8 years later of small cell carcinoma. 

• Love 4

I was just telling a coworker who told me to watch this week's Good Fight, at the end, the cast & crew sing "You Are My Sunshine", that I couldn't watch that part because that's the song I sang to Ted when he got older, and then after he died when I went to pick up Buddy at the foster home, before we left the foster mom (whom I had never known before or really talked to) bent down to pet him and started singing "You Are My Sunshine" to him. 

I was like "are you kidding me!!" Told the owner of the rescue and the foster mom how I had sung it to Ted and all three of us were bawling. 

• Love 5

I thank you guys for sharing these intimate parts of your lives. Life can be so mysterious. I'm touched. I remember when my Dad was dying, at home with hospice. I went over to sit with him while my Mom went shopping. He was asleep in the hospital bed and slowly began to rouse, saw me, and told me he could hear the angels singing. He had a beautiful smile on his face...then went back to sleep. He died the next day.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I was just telling a coworker who told me to watch this week's Good Fight, at the end, the cast & crew sing "You Are My Sunshine", that I couldn't watch that part because that's the song I sang to Ted when he got older, and then after he died when I went to pick up Buddy at the foster home, before we left the foster mom (whom I had never known before or really talked to) bent down to pet him and started singing "You Are My Sunshine" to him. 

I was like "are you kidding me!!" Told the owner of the rescue and the foster mom how I had sung it to Ted and all three of us were bawling. 

OMG, that is so moving.

I teared up a little at that Good Fight moment. They all seem like genuinely nice people who work well together and like each other a lot.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

I thank you guys for sharing these intimate parts of your lives. Life can be so mysterious. I'm touched. I remember when my Dad was dying, at home with hospice. I went over to sit with him while my Mom went shopping. He was asleep in the hospital bed and slowly began to rouse, saw me, and told me he could hear the angels singing. He had a beautiful smile on his face...then went back to sleep. He died the next day.

More than anything I believe in ways both small and large, we are all connected.   In this world and beyond. 

• Love 5

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience."

~ Pierre Teilhard de Chardin 

Philosopher, Jesuit priest, paleontologist, geologist.

• Love 6
On 4/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, teddysmom said:

This is funny.  My mom was very picky about appearances and always wore nice clothes and makeup even for simple errands.   When I was visiting her after she was hospitalized for a stroke,  she told me that she didn't like what I was wearing.  Still makes me laugh.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

This is funny.  My mom was very picky about appearances and always wore nice clothes and makeup even for simple errands.   When I was visiting her after she was hospitalized for a stroke,  she told me that she didn't like what I was wearing.  Still makes me laugh.

I have thick wavy crazy hair, it doesn't have a pretty loose wave or uniform curl it's just f'ed up mess. So I always wore it longer because when it's short I look like bozo the clown, it dries and just gets huge. (thank god for good flat irons)   She told me once when I was in MY 30s!! mind you, that I was too old to have my hair to my shoulders.  

This is the woman who would give me food out of her refrigerator with "these tomatoes are going bad do you want them?"  Sure!! Do you have any other rotten vegetables I can have? 

The last interaction I had with her, the day before she passed away, she was home in her bed,  we thought she was asleep, and we had to change the sheets on her bed while she was in it.  If you saw my sister and I (not trained nurses) trying to change sheets on a twin bed with their elderly mother still in it. It was not pretty, and it was almost a feat of gymnastics. We got done, and I did a little hop and slightly kneeled like Molly Shannon  and held my arms above my head and said "Judges??"

image.png.9fb16bfb3cc93d15f86e926515766d2b.png

We had to run out of the room to keep from laughing and waking her up.  I know she's in heaven rolling her eyes at us.  I love you Mom and I miss you like crazy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, oakville said:

This is a clip from 2014.

Great find. Hard to believe it's even them...pheromones hard at work, I guess. They were both happy and full of life. (And coherent. And cheating.) Now that they're an old married couple the "I don't give AF" has settled in. The difference is night and day.

Have you guys seen any of the Covid 19 song parodies? OMG! There are some great ones out there on YouTube. I spent about an hour laughing my ass off...I think Bohemian Rhapsody by the Raul guy is my fave, but the Sound of Sirens, I Want to Know What Day it Is, and Yesterday are classics. (I'm probably late to the party on this but if you haven't viewed them it's worth a look.)

• LOL 3
On 4/25/2020 at 5:30 PM, plumbago blues said:

Have you guys seen any of the Covid 19 song parodies? OMG! There are some great ones out there on YouTube. I spent about an hour laughing my ass off...I think Bohemian Rhapsody by the Raul guy is my fave, but the Sound of Sirens, I Want to Know What Day it Is, and Yesterday are classics. (I'm probably late to the party on this but if you haven't viewed them it's worth a look.)

Anyone who isn't following Randy Rainbow on FB or Twitter, do yourself a favor. He is a musical genius.  His latest  is set to "Spoon Full of Sugar". It is so good, Julie Andrews reached out to him via Carol Burnett to tell him how great she thought it was.  We were supposed to see him this weekend in Indpls but it's postponed. 😞

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/28/2020 at 9:32 AM, teddysmom said:

Anyone who isn't following Randy Rainbow on FB or Twitter, do yourself a favor. He is a musical genius. His latest  is set to "Spoon Full of Sugar". It is so good, Julie Andrews reached out to him via Carol Burnett to tell him how great she thought it was.  We were supposed to see him this weekend in Indpls but it's postponed. 😞

He was also part of "Take Me to the World: A Sondheim 90th Birthday Celebration." This was a terrific tribute to the master, all done from the apartments/houses of some of Broadway's biggest stars. 

My personal favorite was Aaron Tveit singing "Marry Me a Little." And the wonderful "Ladies Who Lunch." Oh, and Linda Lavin singing a funny number she originally sang 50+ years ago.

If you love Sondheim, and even if you don't, this is a most agreeable way to spend a few hours.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jordan Baker said:

He was also part of "Take Me to the World: A Sondheim 90th Birthday Celebration." This was a terrific tribute to the master, all done from the apartments/houses of some of Broadway's biggest stars. 

He posted part of that song from Sweeney Todd on Twitter, and I swear 20 minutes later I'm watching The Office and it's the episode where Andy is in Sweeney Todd and someone is singing same song. Up until yesterday I had never heard it before.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Here is the link to the first snarky posts on Morning Joe from TWOP beginning in 2007.

Another great find, Oakville. Looks like we all feel about the same way now! Vapid Mika and bellowing Joe. How has this show lasted this long?  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, oakville said:

Here is the link to the first snarky posts on Morning Joe from TWOP beginning in 2007.

Teddysmom was one of the first posters!

My writing style must have changed I do not recognize my post. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, teddysmom said:

My writing style must have changed I do not recognize my post. 

Ha! You deserve kudos for still watching the show after 13 years.

XAXAT is also one of the original posters to the Morning Joe TWOP forum.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, oakville said:

You deserve kudos for still watching the show after 13 years.

"watching" would be a stretch.  I may turn it on for a few minutes, but it's so easy to figure out what happened from all of you. As we know it's the same screaming from Joe, Mika's pouty  "the sky is falling" bullshit, etc. 

Has Rev Al lost a ton of weight? I did see him this morning, he looks bad. Has he been sick? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Has Rev Al lost a ton of weight? I did see him this morning, he looks bad. Has he been sick? 

He's been looking that way for at least a few years.  I think he overdid the weight loss.  I rarely watch his show because I can't bear to look at him.  

• Love 3

CNN's SE Cupp complimented Mika on her hard hitting interview with Joe Biden,  during an interview with Rep Eric Swalwell, on her show yesterday. 

Why does Joe only get interviewed on MSNBC? Yesterday it Rev Al's show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/24/2020 at 9:18 AM, teddysmom said:

This is the woman who would give me food out of her refrigerator with "these tomatoes are going bad do you want them?"  Sure!! Do you have any other rotten vegetables I can have? 

I meant to post this earlier: Brings back a specific memory of my Mother. Had her over for dinner one night and she made this comment as she, my husband and I ate: "He's such a good eater, he'll eat anything". Nice put-down of both his taste and my cooking skills! He and I still laugh about it.

• LOL 7
On 5/3/2020 at 7:06 AM, tres bien said:

I've seen him on CNN. Not this week. I heard on NPR that they knew of Reade's interview with Chris Wallace (before she cancelled it) and wanted to get out ahead of it.  So his campaign probably booked the first show they could get him on, first thing Friday morning.

She was supposed to pre tape Friday afternoon. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 5/3/2020 at 7:06 AM, tres bien said:

His campaign manager allows him to only go on shows and networks that will toss softball questions. The interview with Mika about Tara Reade would never have happened if there wasn’t a need to try to stem the tide of bad publicity against Biden. It was a one off.

• Useful 2
(edited)

I didn't know if anybody saw Sara Cooper's Twitter Feed, she's very funny, but check out the name of the books she wrote. Should we send copies to Mika? 

https://twitter.com/sarahcpr

If you can't open it they're called "100 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings" & "How to Be Successful Without Hurting Men's Feelings" 

Does not include boob falling out of your top.  Does include not correcting men  because what's the use. 

It's all satire, and very funny.  Topics about your how strong and loud your voice should be, raises, how to dress, etc.  

It's like KYV but actually well written and enjoyable. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Today started with me listening to Joe's rant for almost the entire first half-hour of the show.  The rest of the day so far has consisted of dealing with Medicare, Social Security and Blue Cross.  Arranging for hospital bed, lift chair and bathroom equipment to be delivered. Hunt for carpenter to widen doorways; meeting with Occupational and Physical Therapists for almost 2 hours to learn the ins and outs of dealing with Mr. Kemper when he gets home from rehab.  Run-on sentence. Then buying a transfer chair (almost-but-not-quite-a-wheelchair) and arranging for it to be put together, moving furniture to make way for the hospital bed and lift chair.  And that was all done before 2:00.  Actually, I still have a recliner to move.  So.  Meeka.

Take your petty, self-serving, self-righteous, self-involved, insecure, brought-on-yourself problems and stick them.  God she is an embarrassment to women everywhere.  MSNBC please do something; give her the hook.  Wait.  I guess she is giving them publicity; and we all know there IS no bad publicity.  But seriously...can you imagine any other woman anchor/reporter on network/local tv making scenes like she does?  Bet they would be "let go" quickly.  Over-privileged, bitchy, blonde (well, that is debatable) bobblehead. 

There.  I feel so much better.  I am relaxing with a cup of tea and Barney (orange tabby).  Reward tonight?  An Irish whiskey with nachos.  

• Love 12

Kemper I am so sorry you're going thru all this. I don't know where you live, but here in Indpls there is a group called SAWS and they build ramps etc to make homes handicapped accessible. 

Perhaps there is a group like that where you live that could help you out?  

If there's anything you need, reach out, Even if it's just to bitch about Karen (Mika).  I remember when Melissa Perry Harris started complaining about her job and MSNBC fired her. So it has to be Joe that keeps Mika employed.   Maybe the new mgmt will inform them that her hysterics are getting a little out of hand.  

Hang in there. Love to you & Mr Kemper!

• Love 5

Kemper  I feel for you. We've all become friends here and what troubles one, troubles all. It's amazing what one can accomplish when one's heart is in it. When it is something that matters (Mika). I wish I was there to help you; I spent 20 years of my career making those arrangements for home care...but you sound strong and I know the pieces will fit together eventually. To go along with today's MJ meme, be a Karen if you need to; you and Mr. K. deserve the best. (Gotta say a Jameson with nachos is new to me but sounds like the perfect ending to a stressful day!) Hugs.

• Love 7

Today has just been one of those days.  But we did have a ramp installed a couple of months ago - a charity group did it.  They do it for free but we gave them a nice donation.  That ramp helps.  

Our son has MS and lives about 3 hours away; his immune system is compromised so we don't want to have him visit right now.  Our daughter lives about an hour away -  she and husband are dropping in this weekend.  Sitting outside (weather permitting) and social distancing.  She wants to see her Dad.  And moi.  Mr. Kemper's family lives nearby and they are a help; but again, there is this Virus thing.

Mr. Kemper is getting weaker; but chemo will do that; plus he is 82.  He has been in this residential rehab facility while they try and strengthen his legs and arm.  It has been hard on me, physically, to try and do some of the lifting; rehab is trying to strengthen his legs.  I got some lessons at my therapist consult this morning.  He will be returning home on Friday.  We will be getting visits from Home Health in these next weeks.  Life is hard on everyone right now.  I can talk to my friends via phone; Facetime with family.  Cry on the phone with my best friend.  Watch Neflix and Acorn.  Watch MSNBC before switching to CNN.  So life is not all drama.  So maybe I need Meeka and Joe in my life - gets my juices going most any morning.  Before I can't stand it and have to switch to something else.

Thanks for the words of comfort and "likes" - but I am fine (well, as fine as one can be in these times) and just enjoy coming here, reading the comments and doing some commenting of my own.  It's what's for breakfast.  

• Love 13

This is to plant a seed in the universe... Please have Anand on tomorrow to condescend to Joe and woke-splain how "Defund the Police" is perfect campaign-year phrasing and the world is too stupid to get it.
They're both generally detestable and hate each other, which makes for good TV. 

• LOL 2
23 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

This is to plant a seed in the universe... Please have Anand on tomorrow to condescend to Joe and woke-splain how "Defund the Police" is perfect campaign-year phrasing and the world is too stupid to get it.

I doubt Anand will appear on Morning Joe since he got a job on Vice TV.

Joe doesn't like guests that disagree with him anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anand_Giridharadas

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

There have been discussions by panelists, spokespersons, etc. in the past few days explaining and giving opinions on what "defund the police" actually means.  So I don't think the world is "too stupid to get it" because it seems it's still up for debate and discussion.   

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

Defund the Police is from the protestors and in some arenas they are asking for Congress to not give federal funds to departments that don't change use of force policies etc. I think most departments, as well as personnel themselves, agree that police officers shouldn't be called out to mental health or domestic issues.  If you call 911 and it's a fire, it's directed to the fire dept. If you call 911 because a relative with mental health issues is acting erratically, it should be transferred to a department equipped to handle the situation. 

This action should be instigated at the local level, not be a national debate.

I'm sure by September most cities will be looking at restructuring forces.  God knows what we'll be living with by then.  

Joe & Mika have moved on to Covid 19 hysteria. 

• Love 3