Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Cup O' Joe

Dagny

Please remember that the Small Talk thread does not allow for the conversations that violate the Primetimer Politics Rule.

• Start Topic

On 11/6/2019 at 4:37 PM, xaxat said:

I skipped an election for the first time in over a decade.

So, of course, one of the local races is too close to call. 

It ended up being a 46 vote difference.

Vote people!

ETA The neighboring town mayor election was decided by 24 votes.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 4

Reading this article in Forbes on "The Eleventh Hour with Brian Williams", how it is top rated show at 11 pm, and how Brian is such a gentleman, a professional, smart, funny, etc. and it struck me, we NEVER see stories like this about Joe & Mika.  

It's the one smart thing Andy Lack has done at MSNBC, give Brian a show and let him shine. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2019/12/24/how-brian-williams-made-11-pm-the-hottest-hour-in-cable-news/#4bc208a81fa4

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Reading this article in Forbes on "The Eleventh Hour with Brian Williams", how it is top rated show at 11 pm, and how Brian is such a gentleman, a professional, smart, funny, etc. and it struck me, we NEVER see stories like this about Joe & Mika.  

It's the one smart thing Andy Lack has done at MSNBC, give Brian a show and let him shine. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2019/12/24/how-brian-williams-made-11-pm-the-hottest-hour-in-cable-news/#4bc208a81fa4

Brian is an example of why second chances should sometimes be given, to allow someone the chance to redeem themselves.

By the way, here are the Mediaite most influential rankings for 2019

https://www.mediaite.com/online/mediaites-most-influential-in-news-media-2019/

Brian came in at 29, Joe and Mika were 11.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The fact that very often Joe and Mika host the show remotely from a custom studio in their Florida home hasn’t detracted from the homespun feel and it still remains a gem of MSNBC, perhaps thanks to the political bonafides of Joe and Mika — who are now the belles of any media or political ball.

Excuse me while I clean up the mess from my head exploding. 

Wonder how much Joe's PR firm had to pay Mediate.com to write that bullshit. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 12/27/2019 at 10:26 AM, teddysmom said:

the homespun feel and it still remains a gem of MSNBC, perhaps thanks to the political bonafides of Joe and Mika — who are now the belles of any media or political ball.

What.
the.
fuck???

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:06 PM, Kemper said:

Mediaite is always featuring The Twins...hate to say this but they must know someone there. I will lap from my saucer of milk now.

The Scarborough's are besties with Dan Abrams (formerly of MSNBC) and owner of the site.  That's why they get all that primo coverage.  It's become nauseating and beyond transparent.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:
On 12/29/2019 at 6:06 PM, Kemper said:

Mediaite is always featuring The Twins...hate to say this but they must know someone there. I will lap from my saucer of milk now.

The Scarborough's are besties with Dan Abrams (formerly of MSNBC) and owner of the site.  That's why they get all that primo coverage.  It's become nauseating and beyond transparent.

And Joe calls "somebody else" a day trader.  Joe & Mika wouldn't walk across the street to spit on someone if they were on fire unless that person could help them someway. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

And Joe calls "somebody else" a day trader.  Joe & Mika wouldn't walk across the street to spit on someone if they were on fire unless that person could help them someway. 

Mika & Joe are a power couple who are an inspiration to all Americans & even Canadians.

• LOL 5

About Meeka.  Yesterday I watched Katy Tur masterfully put John Podherotz (sorry, know that is not how you spell his name) in his place.  He bloviated, she pushed back, he tried to argue his point and condescend/push back at her and she just was not having it.  She didn't need her protector/co-host to speak for her or rush in and talk over her and save her.  

Honestly, how does she stay employed.  Oh, wait.

• Love 7
On 1/4/2020 at 8:06 AM, Kemper said:

About Meeka.  Yesterday I watched Katy Tur masterfully put John Podherotz (sorry, know that is not how you spell his name) in his place.  He bloviated, she pushed back, he tried to argue his point and condescend/push back at her and she just was not having it.  She didn't need her protector/co-host to speak for her or rush in and talk over her and save her.  

Honestly, how does she stay employed.  Oh, wait.

I saw that too! I thought she was going to come across the desk and grab him by that 20 year old Ralph Lauren sweater he never takes off. 

And apparently Mika might have, this morning she went after Will Hurd like he stole her emotional support cake.  

There are rumors that Nicole is getting the MTP Daily block added to her show, so that she would have 4-6 pm daily. They should give the Sunday hosting job to Katy. After that Rolling Stone interview debacle with Todd, the cat's out of the bag as far as his worthlessness as an interviewer. He makes Mika look like Edward R Murrow. 

• Love 3
On 1/4/2020 at 8:06 AM, Kemper said:

Yesterday I watched Katy Tur masterfully put John Podherotz (sorry, know that is not how you spell his name) in his place.  He bloviated, she pushed back, he tried to argue his point and condescend/push back at her and she just was not having it.

Was this when he explained to all the stupids on the panel how obvious it was that this military leader had to be assassinated and it was a long time coming and if you didn't know that you're pretty stupid?  I stepped out before i heard anyone reply.

• Love 2
Just now, Landsnark said:

Was this when he explained to all the stupids on the panel how obvious it was that this military leader had to be assassinated and it was a long time coming and if you didn't know that you're pretty stupid?  I stepped out before i heard anyone reply.

Yes.  I could not believe it. I think it was Eddie Glaude & Beth Touhy on the panel. Katy was livid.  

How would John like it if Iranians and Iraqis decided that, after all the US drone strikes that killed civilians, they blew up Pompeo's motorcade as retribution?  Or Pence's?  If we do it, they figure they can too. 

People way smarter than him have held off on doing this, because, as smarter people will attest, we don't assassinate gov't officials, and if we do, we usually let the CIA or a special ops team handle it and we keep our fucking mouths shut. 

• Love 4

We are through the fucking looking glass.  the level of chaos that is about to occur is terrifying.  Trump properties globally are now massive targets.  Our allies are absolutely likely now to be targeted by cut-out mercenary groups.  It will be an absolute free for all that ties all responsibility back to the US, and Russia will benefit. 
Also, can we once and for all use this catastrophe as evidence there is no such thing as a "deep state?"

• Love 3

Kasie has returned.  I watched the first hour and towards the end of it she decided to editorialize on how lucky she is to be a woman with many privileges and thanked those that helped her.  She gave a big thanks to her mentor Mika

Edited by tres bien
2 hours ago, tres bien said:

Kasie has returned.  I watched the first hour and towards the end of it she decided to editorialize on how lucky she is to a woman with many privileges and thanked those that helped her,  She gave a big thanks to her mentor Mika

I didn't see this; glad I didn't.  I have never been crazy about Kasie...she earned her stripes during the 2016 campaign coverage; she is probably a good reporter.  But not good enough to headline her own show.  This sounds like complete toadying up to Meeka.  Show some self-respect, for God's sake.  Meeka did not help you get where you are.  Meeka's ego must be off the charts and her need for validation is pathetic.  Sweet Jesus, this makes my blood boil.  MSNBC...make the KYV plugging stop.    

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I didn't see this; glad I didn't.  I have never been crazy about Kasie...she earned her stripes during the 2016 campaign coverage; she is probably a good reporter.  But not good enough to headline her own show.  This sounds like complete toadying up to Meeka.  Show some self-respect, for God's sake.  Meeka did not help you get where you are.  Meeka's ego must be off the charts and her need for validation is pathetic.  Sweet Jesus, this makes my blood boil.  MSNBC...make the KYV plugging stop. 

I just posted in the "Hosts" thread about Yasmin interviewing Julia Ainsley about her pregnancy and it's on the Know Your Value page.  It is galling to have these women who actually do the work be associated with a person who doesn't have a fraction of the work ethic or talent they do. 

While Mika is home in Jupiter FL eating cake and trying out bronzers, Yasmin was on air almost all day Saturday discussing the Iran situation.  

I do think Joe & Mika may have pushed for Kasie to have her show. 

I noticed last week Katy refers to it as "parental leave" and Kasie called it maternity leave. 

Has anyone else noticed the tops Katy has been wearing lately? I'm wondering if she's pregnant again.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3

I am happy that Julia Ainsley is pregnant; I am happy that Kasie and Katy Tur had healthy babies and they are thrilled to be moms.  But what is going on at this network?  Do CNN (and even Fox?) make such a big deal when their reporters/anchors are expecting?  I mean, other than congratulating them?  Is this because Meeka "loves" babies?  

We will probably be treated to a book and the seminars to follow when she writes about the joys of motherhood.  Just wait.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Kemper said:

I am happy that Julia Ainsley is pregnant; I am happy that Kasie and Katy Tur had healthy babies and they are thrilled to be moms.  But what is going on at this network?  Do CNN (and even Fox?) make such a big deal when their reporters/anchors are expecting?  I mean, other than congratulating them?  Is this because Meeka "loves" babies?  

We will probably be treated to a book and the seminars to follow when she writes about the joys of motherhood.  Just wait.

It is kind of sick, isn't it?

Julia had her baby so I'm sure Mika will be putting together a gift basket with KYV onesies. 

Get folding, slaves!!!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Has anyone else noticed the tops Katy has been wearing lately? I'm wondering if she's pregnant again.  

Oh goodness I thought it was just me.  I wish her the best whatever is going on as Katy is one of my absolute favorites.  She dragged Podhoretz all over that set by his Cookie Monster sweater . . . 🙂

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:
20 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Oh goodness I thought it was just me.  I wish her the best whatever is going on as Katy is one of my absolute favorites.  She dragged Podhoretz all over that set by his Cookie Monster sweater .

Let's just pray Mika doesn't get wind of it. She's usually in her sugar coma nap when Katy comes on at 2 pm. 

Bless her heart, I cannot imagine having a 9 month old and being pregnant again. Thankfully it sounds like Tony is a saint when it comes to helping with Teddy. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Why wasn't Mika's co author on the show with Mika ? It's par for the course, as Mika would never give credit to the person who actually did the work!

Geez, oakville, do I always have to fix things for you?  

I normally watch Colbert, but no way was I going to see the Gold Dust Twins smugging their way onto late night.

Edited by meowmommy
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Geez, oakville, do I always have to fix things for you?  

I normally watch Colbert, but no way was I going to see the Gold Dust Twins smugging their way onto late night.

It doesn't make sense that Mika's co author would not appear with her on the show. I also saw Mika's co author from her book on millenials seated next to Ginny Brezezinski in the audience.

Mika & Joe were very excited about Joe Biden's chances of winning the nomination. Joe called him Teflon Joe.

Mika looked for validation of her comments to Joe after she spoke to Colbert.

She kissed Joe at the end of the interview.

Mika looked very nice on the show.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, oakville said:

Morning Joe ranked #83 in the latest TV ratings. Almost 1 million watched the show on Monday.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-1-13-2020.html

I'm a little pissed off at myself that I'm  one of the nearly 1 million that is so brain dead that I keep tuning in. 

Maybe there aren't that many actual views.  Maybe it's just lots of TV's turned onto MSNBC at places like my gym where people aren't really watching. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Most recent episode of the Catch & Kill podcast has recordings from one of the women assaulted by Weinstein. She and Ronan discuss her appearing in the reporting he was planning to do on NBC.

She calls out Andy Lack & Noah Oppenheim by name for being sleazeballs who flat out lied about her participation. 

So if Lack is Joe's pal, says alot about the company he keeps. 

This podcast is riveting because you hear people, reporters, the women, the Black Cube agent hired to tail Farrow, telling the story of how this all played out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Most recent episode of the Catch & Kill podcast

Have they gotten to the watershed moment where Mika stomps and stammers about pulling her lucrative sham-brand from the Weinstein  publishing label? I bet that had old Harvey quaking in his boots.

Re: the collection of show ratings mentioned above: that's why I never park on MSNBC when I go to the dvr...would hate to give them credit when I'm not really watching.

• Love 4

Mika tweeted yesterday about Prince Andrew not cooperating with the Epstein investigation and I replied, your husband is good pals with Andy Lack who shut down an investigation into Harvey Weinstein when he knew what he was doing, so maybe clean up your own house before worrying about someone else. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Mika tweeted yesterday about Prince Andrew not cooperating with the Epstein investigation and I replied, your husband is good pals with Andy Lack who shut down an investigation into Harvey Weinstein when he knew what he was doing, so maybe clean up your own house before worrying about someone else. 

There was also that period during the Kavanaugh hearing when both of them were dismissive of the "Believe Women" campaign.

I guess it's OK to now?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, xaxat said:

There was also that period during the Kavanaugh hearing when both of them were dismissive of the "Believe Women" campaign.

I guess it's OK to now?

As long as you ignore how their friends treat women.  

Everything is transactional with the Scarboroughs.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Kemper: I applaud you for speaking out on the infractions sometimes found on these sites; it spoils my interest in them when the conversations shift. I join the others in our group in offering prayers and support for you and Mr. K. 

Thanks!  We have entered a whole new world of oncologists, chemo, infusions, appointments, and pages and pages of Medicare and Blue Cross statements.  Maybe MJ could have us on to explain how the health care system works for regular people -  at the next Diner Show?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Kemper said:

Thanks!  We have entered a whole new world of oncologists, chemo, infusions, appointments, and pages and pages of Medicare and Blue Cross statements.  Maybe MJ could have us on to explain how the health care system works for regular people -  at the next Diner Show?

I went through that three years ago and thankfully I'm still doing well. My visits to the oncologist are down to every six months. The difference though is that I live in Canada and through all my hospital stays, visits to about six different kinds of doctors, lab work and multiple other tests, outpatient treatment, chemotherapy, etc etc, I didn't have to fill out one piece of paperwork and I received zero statements or bills. My sympathies are with you and your family for all you are going through.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

My weekly coffee group all watch MJ.  We discuss politics most of the time; occasionally we veer into personal stuff....aging lady parts, stiff knees and the state of the world.  Most are sick of Joe and Meeka and have started switching to the the local news or CNN.  But today, after the whining and rants of the main host, we decided The Twins (and most of their guests) have first world problems.  Trouble with air miles, fear of losing their gold-plated health insurance, working 2 hours a day (if that), having to be up early and on the teevee.  

• Love 4

Just givin' the people what they want. 

Buddy, adopted Dec 6, 2019. He's a lot fluffier now, he had to have his coat cut down due to previous owner not keeping him groomed properly.   He had a cracked abscessed tooth that had to be pulled back in December, so now he's able to eat enough and put on a pound or two, he's what is referred to as "throwback Pomeranian" I think, as he is taller than standard Pom, he's very vocal and growl talks. He likes to have the hair dryer run over him even if he's not wet, likes to be brushed, but go really slow, and he's learning what toys are.   

And me yelling at Joe & Mika doesn't even phase him. He sleeps right thru it. 

Here is Buddy .  

buddy sofa dec 2019.jpg

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 11