Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Act Normal, Bitch!

So... anyone want to have a west coast finale liveblog thread with me? >^^>

Yeah actually that works for me because with a 10 hours difference, it would be 6 or 7 am here so it just means I wake up a little earlier.

What time does it air on the west coast? 8 or 9?

Edited by raytch
  • Love 1

If I quit this show over anything is over the god-awful make up the keep putting Alison in to go along with god-awful hair. How the hell does Ashley Benson looks younger and fresher than Sasha in the 6x11 promo when the actresses are like 7 years apart?? Seriously, during the flashback they had Alison back with her season 1 hair, make-up and clothes she looked beautiful, it was like no time had passed at all, so why do they deliberately mess her up??

Edited by cuddlingcrowley

There's a movie playing on one of the movie channels that kind of reminds me of Pretty Little Liars. A little bit. It's something of an old movie, centered around four mischievous school girls and teachers who have NO boundaries: The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. The acting in it is pretty phenomenal and is one of the few movies based on a book where I prefer the movie version over the book.

• Love 1

So disappointed today. Holly Marie Combs is at a local convention, but the tickets to the convention are sold out, and their general mismanagement of the situation has turned me off of supporting them. I didn't realize how much I was looking forward to meeting someone from this catastrophe until it was no longer possible ;_;

So, i'm watching the video for Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence" which i haven't done for quite some time and burst out laughing at the very end due to what it reminded me of here in 2016.  Hey, if THIS were to be a PLL sequel, i'd watch!  

"I'm still here, Bitches - and I know Everything Counts"

1pll.jpg

I quit PLL in frustration after the whole Spencer/Caleb/Hannah debacle, but I've been missing a teenage-murder-mystery ever since. I think I've found a solid replacement in Riverdale, The CW's reinvention of the Archie comics. Okay, so both the trailers and the first episode are crap, but around episode 3 I realized I was hooked. There's the aforemented murder of small-town golden boy Jason Blossom, kick-ass female characters, shady/batshit crazy parents and the show is quite beautifully filmed, I think.

Watch this clip from episode five instead of the trailers with their badly chosen pop-songs. I hope I'll see all of you smart people on the Riverdale board - you were always the main attraction :)

Been there since ep 1 - as both a fan of Archie AND Twin Peaks (which the show has cited as a main influence since early pre-production), i've been eagerly awaiting this one!  Lots for PLL fans to like!

• Love 1

I've been resisting because it looked to me like a mashup of recycled Dawson's Creek plots and The Vampire Diaries or something, but maybe I should give it a shot. Sometimes I enjoy so-bad-it's-good type of stuff. (I shouldn't talk when it comes to bad TV, anyway -- I already signed up to moderate the forum for Famous in Love, Marlene King's next project, which will feature a sure-to-be-unsatisfying mystery component.)

• Love 1

Oh, I signed right on to watch Riverdale. It had that PLL element written all over it and I also read the Archie comics as a kid. I'm loving it, it's fun-- not to be taken too seriously, though. Betty is totally my favorite. Plus Madchen Amick as her mom is just perfection in the role.

So I'm a big fan of Riverdale too, personally. I really enjoyed season 1 and can't wait for more.

Does anyone know of a way to watch the finale something adjacent to live if I don't have a TV where I'll be? I'll have a computer with a Freeform account, but I was hoping not to have to wait until the next day...

On 6/16/2017 at 9:48 PM, DigitalCount said:

Does anyone know of a way to watch the finale something adjacent to live if I don't have a TV where I'll be? I'll have a computer with a Freeform account, but I was hoping not to have to wait until the next day...

If you have a tablet/phone/streaming stick with the Freeform app, there is an option to watch live TV. I've been watching on my ipad which is laggy but it's mindless background fodder at this point.

• Love 1