Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
radishcake

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

Recommended Posts

Chesty on the left there is just wrong, in every way, are they supposed to be for kids or weirdos in a dark basement?

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Nashville said:

Oh HELL no - target practice time!!!  

Fucking HATE Furbys. 😡😡😡

she broke up with you, get over it.

My old people story for today...I went to go get my refund, figured while I'm out I can hit up Walmart for some groceries and because I'm lazy and old I let them carry the heavy stuff. So I'm waiting and waiting and I'm thinking this bring it to me stuff doesn't really save much time. So I call and 4 different people come to see me and then they say they can't find my stuff. Thankfully, before I go on an old people rant a bell goes off in my head, I'm at the wrong walmart. I forgot to change location. I just knew there was one close to my pharmacy. So I've entered dementia.

I really, really, really, really like Opie, aka Beta (Ryan Hurst0 so I want them to ditch the skin masks just cuz he's creeping me the fuck out but I love him and I quit watching SOA anarchy after the you-know-what so if Alpha gets to take hers off then Opie better too.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Chesty on the left there is just wrong, in every way, are they supposed to be for kids or weirdos in a dark basement?

Option No.2. They weakly protest it's not some sex kink, but we know it is. "Furries" sounds so cute and innocent, but so does "Pony Play." 😮 What's in a name, anyway?

2 hours ago, nachomama said:

I really, really, really, really like Opie, aka Beta (Ryan Hurst0 so I want them to ditch the skin masks

I never watched SOA, but I feel for the guy. Did they hire him just because he's tall? With the disguised face and voice, they could have just grabbed some tall rando for the role and paid him a lot less. Opie reminds me of the lead singer of an old band called "The Archies" who had the huge hit, "Sugar Sugar". He once said, "I have the #1 song in the country and no one even knows my name." 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

"The Archies" who had the huge hit, "Sugar Sugar".

Aw, honey, honey ... I loved that song!

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

His character on Sons of Anarchy was Opie and yes, unless they plan to let him ditch his skin mask I don't know why he's there unless it's just to be big and looming, he doesn't "talk" and truly only had 1 good fight with Norman Reedus thus far.

Recently hear the Archies song and whole buncha people were singing along, it's a feel good song and you can't forget the words, another song that peps me up is "Build me up Buttercup"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, nachomama said:

His character on Sons of Anarchy was Opie and yes, unless they plan to let him ditch his skin mask I don't know why he's there unless it's just to be big and looming,

It's puzzling. I also wondered about Zach McGowan who lasted what? Two episodes? The ways of TPTB is not for us to know or question, I guess.

Let's have a singalong to distract us from Furries and Furbys and skin faces and the mysteries of TWD!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, nachomama said:

she broke up with you, get over it.

Oh, no bad relationship associations here - just recognition of the immutable fact that all Furbys are agents of Satan and must be destroyed. 

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

just recognition of the immutable fact that all Furbys are agents of Satan and must be destroyed.

I feel the same way about "Invisible Fences". Creations of the devil.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think you had a furry girlfriend and she dumped you. Although I guess you probably had a child with one and they don't shut up. the child or the furby? furby.

Weirder still or maybe not, just part of the furry, ahem hijinks, are the people with the tails, you know the taaaaaaails that you know you put in the you know. and you just walk around with a tail cuz that's normal. 

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, nachomama said:

I think you had a furry girlfriend and she dumped you. Although I guess you probably had a child with one and they don't shut up. the child or the furby? furby.

Weirder still or maybe not, just part of the furry, ahem hijinks, are the people with the tails, you know the taaaaaaails that you know you put in the you know. and you just walk around with a tail cuz that's normal. 

Huh?

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I was trying to whisper about the people who wear buttplug tails. They take the furry thing even farther and make like a real tail. Which is weird. 

Also douchebag hit my car. It was raining and he came around a corner too fast and slid right into me. Took out my mirror and gave me yellow stripes down my car. Window is kinda jacked up. But my car is driveable. Tomorrow I’ll get some estimates. He didn’t “own” the car. It’s got temporary dealer plates but the owner came and we are gonna get estimates tomorrow. My car is a piece of crap but it’s a paid for piece of crap that runs good. It’s just ugly as hell and all kinds of trashed up inside. I generally just go from one job to the next so I’ve got so much junk in there. Books, shoes, lunchbox, travel mugs, chips... the list goes on. Perhaps the 2 most interesting things, a 50’ extension cord and a 100’ extension cord. Both of which I severed with my hedge trimmer because I’m a moron like that. I keep intending to take them to a guy I know to splice em back together. He knows how to do stuff like that. Meanwhile I have no hedge trimmer. 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, nachomama said:

buttplug tails.

I soooooo don't want to look that up, but the force is strong!

10 hours ago, nachomama said:

Both of which I severed with my hedge trimmer because I’m a moron like that

Is there anyone who hasn't cut their mower / trimmer cables? My trimmer had the cable wrapped around the blades from handle to tip, I wanted to see if it was still working but couldn't be bothered unwinding it all, so I plugged it in and pressed the button, I often wonder how I survived into middle age.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Is there anyone who hasn't cut their mower / trimmer cables?

But did you do it 2 weeks in a row? Literally bought the first ext cord then figured out you can’t turn around. Always gotta keep the cord at your back. Bought a new cord. Boom same damn thing. I was not meant for nature. When I mow my grass fire ants eat me alive. I shoulda been born in space. I need to live in a bubble. Nature can’t hurt me. Cars can’t drive into me. I can float. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I soooooo don't want to look that up, but the force is strong!

Go for it. It's more silly and dopey than anything, seeing grown-up people with their ridiculous kink dressed in furry cartoon animal costumes. I also can rarely resist looking stuff up  - with a couple of exceptions of nope! Never! -  even when I know I'll be sorry.

Also, please Google Image "Pony Play" so I shouldn't be the only one left gape-jawed and bemused.  Who knew?

59 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Is there anyone who hasn't cut their mower / trimmer cables?

I haven't! Yet. But the season isn't over.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Is there anyone who hasn't cut their mower / trimmer cables?

Me - I’m the neighborhood guy who fixes/splices everybody else’s shit when they cut it up.  😆

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, nachomama said:

fire ants eat me alive.

Just wandering in, bored with summer and the words Fire Ants jumped out.

I had been bitten in Houston and then one day, one bite was one too many and I ended up in the emergency room.  First symptom: generalized itching; second symptom: hives everywhere there was hair on my body.  Got to the emergency room before my throat started swelling.  Others in the ER had the throat problems.  Just a warning because I didn't know how bad it could get quickly.

  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Just wandering in, bored with summer and the words Fire Ants jumped out.

I had been bitten in Houston and then one day, one bite was one too many and I ended up in the emergency room.  First symptom: generalized itching; second symptom: hives everywhere there was hair on my body.  Got to the emergency room before my throat started swelling.  Others in the ER had the throat problems.  Just a warning because I didn't know how bad it could get quickly.

Egads! So if you get bit again you need epi pen? I know there are people who are allergic to bee stings like that. I hope that ain’t me cuz I gotta go mow my grass again. I still have little scabs on my feet. 

I have a friend who always ate lobster and just the last few years she developed an allergy to shellfish. That seems so cruel To steal her lobster joy. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:21 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Also, please Google Image "Pony Play" so I shouldn't be the only one left gape-jawed and bemused.  Who knew?

Sometimes there just aren't the words, loving the hooves though. Who wouldn't like to see Eugene pulling Rosie and Coco around, he's got the mane for it.

Jqvvf.jpg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Most days I think I'm crazy...with furries and pony play people in the mix...I'm downright normal.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nachomama said:

Most days I think I'm crazy...with furries and pony play people in the mix...I'm downright normal.

Any time you’re feeling too weird for words, just take a cruise through the nearest 24-hour Wal-Mart at something like 2 or 3 AM - really does some amazing things for recalibrating your perspective on what constitutes ‘normal’.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Superclam said:

I find Walmart weird any time of day. 

Well, yeah - but the freaks REALLY come out at night.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I watched "Overlord" over the weekend, didn't hate it. Nazi zombies, has Wyatt Russell (Kurt and Goldie's kid) and for once he's not playing an idiot. Also has Euron Greyjoy as the bad guy and seriously, dude is going to be typecast as a baddie cuz he's just creepy.

Also watched "The favourite" which I liked quite well, Olivia Colman won an Oscar for it. Queen Anne and the 2 women who battled for "power" by being her confidant/lover. It's quite funny, quite dark and I hated the ending but we did have to do a lot of history looking up because if real, damn those brits are weeeeeeird! They ARE real people and Rachel Weisz' character is Winston Churchill's grandma!

Learned many new things...did you know Winston Churchill is more american than lots of americans?????????? His mother was american and rumor has it (yes they'd need DNA to back it up) but supposedly grandma was Iriqois! Churchill and Diana Spencer were cousins (her grandpa was cousin to Winston from this same Sarah Churchill from the movie)

And did you know any time you total a car, like say the engine still works but because of repair costs the insurance company just cuts you a check rather than repair $8000 of body damage that your vehicle very likely gets on a boat to Russia, south america, china etc? This dude that hit my car works for a "Cargo" company that buys those junked cars and they export them. I knew there was a "racket" with cars that there are after market parts and the whole junkyard business, insurance companies don't take "losses" but I had no idea about what goes out the back door. I've always heard if you have the means, get a check and then do what you will with your car.  get the repairs on the low low you get money and your car back. I think there is definitely a whole side of this that is not strictly legit, like if your car gets stolen in Miami, it's on a boat within 6 hours and boom out of the country you'll never see it again. Those are much more high end cars of course. I don't think we are a big enough port city to have that kind of  volume leaving the country. But there were many, many many of these "cargo" companies on this road, that look just like junk yards to the naked eye but those cars get on boats and go to Argentina and Yugoslavia.

I do not know whether to be insulted or happy that my car isn't good enough for them to just buy and send to Cuba. Ha! My car did feel pretty, cuz most of them cars got real messed up grills and bumpers, my car is just old and has no hubcaps, mirror got fixed up nice and they're going to take it to their "guy" for the paint. I will point out the actual dents and scratches and the window is sticky now, doesn't wanna roll up right and if those are not fixed to my satisfaction I will demand money. ha! Real world prices for fixing I'm sure it's $6000 because my friends trunk just got fixed and it was $8000. This is the entire left side of my car, all three panels, for the value of the car, yes, it would be totalled. I would rather have my car, than a car payment at this moment so I'm gonna see what this entails. If they yanked a door off one of these other junked cars I don't care. Essentially this guy can fix anything he breaks, he would be a good guy to know if someday down the road I did something I wanted repaired/replaced and didn't wanna pay full prices for it. Not strictly legit but eye opening.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Any time you’re feeling too weird for words, just take a cruise through the nearest 24-hour Wal-Mart at something like 2 or 3 AM - really does some amazing things for recalibrating your perspective on what constitutes ‘normal’.

Watching Judge Judy does that for me. I watch crazy-ass freaks fighting over 26-year old Caddies in a gray half-world where no one really lives anywhere or has anything in their own names, where pawn shops are banks, women battle on the street for breeding rights to some incarcerated loser, getting arrested is just a ho-hum part of everyday life, where inviting some unemployed pretty criminal you met last week at the gas station to move in with you is normal, where everyone's car insurance expired a few hours before they plowed into someone else, and restraining orders and title loans on '97 Tempos and welfare/disability cheating and fake IDs and lying to the cops, and on and on.  "It is what it is," they state philosophically when they get nailed for their nefarious doings.

I watch this and take comfort that I've done so very well in my life.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am not a Judge Judy fan.  She has made a lot of money off of treating people like crap.   That usual gets people fired, not Judge Judy.

Back on the topic of concerts.

What bands would you have liked to have seen, but never had the opportunity to?

What band or bands have you seen that didn't perform as well as you thought they would have?

Share this post


Link to post

This band Morphine. They played NYC all the time and I always said I would see them next time, and then the leader died. 

Nirvana were really underwhelming live. 

The Who (to be fair, in a football stadium with a brass section) weren't very good. 

Edited by Superclam
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

What bands would you have liked to have seen, but never had the opportunity to?

Original Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Quote

What band or bands have you seen that didn't perform as well as you thought they would have?

Billy Idol - his act has not aged well AT ALL.  

Neither has Billy, for that matter.

Edited by Nashville · Reason: Typo
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I am not a Judge Judy fan.  She has made a lot of money off of treating people like crap. 

"Treated like crap": It's what they deserve because this army of scammers, creeps, liars, losers, and parasites have never called on their shit, in these times when nothing anyone does - no matter how heinous -  is EVER his/her fault. I cheer when they are. 

5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

What bands would you have liked to have seen, but never had the opportunity to?

BEATLES.

5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Billy Idol - his act has not aged well AT ALL.  

Neither has Billy, for that matter.

 

Truth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

BEATLES.

My mother saw them in her local town hall, in Liverpool and this was with Pete Best on the tins, so what, 1961 ish, and she even saw the real Paul McCartney 'controversial' 😨

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

she even saw the real Paul McCartney 'controversial' 

What does this mean? 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Superclam said:

What does this mean? 

I don't think you want to go down that path.

You probably don't want to go down this one either.

When I was in school back in the day, my music teacher spent an entire semester on it.  Playing vinyl records backwards, looking for clues in Beatles' music.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is that what Maggie meant? I remember talking about this in 7th grade. It was interesting at the time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Is that what Maggie meant? I remember talking about this in 7th grade. It was interesting at the time. 

I think so.

12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

"Treated like crap": It's what they deserve because this army of scammers, creeps, liars, losers, and parasites have never called on their shit, in these times when nothing anyone does - no matter how heinous -  is EVER his/her fault. I cheer when they are. 

Considering she wouldn't have a show without them, she really needs to lighten up.   There is enough bitching and moaning in the world that I tune out as much as possible, I have no interest in watching Judge Judy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Is that what Maggie meant? I remember talking about this in 7th grade. It was interesting at the time. 

It was indeed, and as for 'going down that path' that type of path can have a traumatic effect on a persons life, as I discovered 13 or so years ago, and as they say you cant get the cork back into the bottle.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I am not a Judge Judy fan.  She has made a lot of money off of treating people like crap.   That usual gets people fired, not Judge Judy.

You should be happy to have Judy, as with most things we in the UK end up copying what you have over there, both the good and the chronically awful.

This is what we have in lieu of Judy, I cant bear to find a suitable clip so this will have to do,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't think you want to go down that path.

You probably don't want to go down this one either.

When I was in school back in the day, my music teacher spent an entire semester on it.  Playing vinyl records backwards, looking for clues in Beatles' music.

So silly. But admittedly, a fun diversion. 

Share this post


Link to post

This is one huge house cat.

I think he is pretty cute.  

He probably needs a litter box the size of a kiddie (kitty) pool.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I think he is pretty cute. 

Blofeld should have had THAT sitting on his lap

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Way back in my middle school days, the music teacher told the story of how some of his students back in 1965 went to see the Beatles at Shea stadium.  They came home crying, because all they could hear was the crowd scream.  They couldn't hear the music at all.   They must have had really lousy seats.   From the footage I have seen of Beatles' performances, the audience really does seem out of control in terms of screaming.

That really is horrible to spend time and money going to a concert and not being able to hear the music.

In this current era, I can't imagine going to any concert today with so many people bringing their smartphones to record the concert, instead of just enjoying the experience of being at a concert.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

In this current era, I can't imagine going to any concert today with so many people bringing their smartphones to record the concert, instead of just enjoying the experience of being at a concert.

As a birthday treat I took my mother to see Il Divo at the Liverpool arena, I paid silly money to be in the second row from the stage, and yet sure as damn it some asshole in front thought they would record the whole performance on their phone, which I wouldn't have a problem with if they kept the phone in front of their own face, but no, they want to watch what's going on. So they then hold the phone above their head, giving us behind a perfect view of the back of their feckin hand and phone. In situations like this my south London accent can seem rather aggressive, and the choice of lowering the phone, or trying to find it in  row 156 Z seemed to have had the required effect, and I thought the movie munchers and slurpers were bad enough.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Don't they want to smack down on people recording like that? You'd think someone is watching the crowd for such blatant phone waving above heads, I know you can't stop it in short bursts but if someone stood there for a solid 30-45 minutes you'd think someone would come. I don't go to a tremendous amount of concerts but they do always have signs and on your tickets that recording devices are forbidden. And most especially if you've paid an arm and a leg you don't want someone recording it for free for their cousin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

There are some shows where they don't allow phones at all, I know Danzig/Misfits make you put it in a bag before entering. I've heard that at Prince concerts if you took out your phone security was right on you to put it away. 

I just saw Iron Maiden and while people had their phones out,  I didn't see anyone filming for long periods of time. I personally took a few pictures, but I have no need to tape entire songs or concerts to watch my shaky, blurry video later. Just about everything is free on youtube now anyway. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nachomama said:

Don't they want to smack down on people recording like that?

Apart from film companies who don't want their latest release being viewed until the officially released DVD, I think the live concert crowd have realised that they've just got to let it go, it's just so widespread that trying to crack down on it would completely ruin a concert, the profit they make on tickets plus merch plus the usual tour DVD more than makes up for people getting a few minutes of usually rubbish quality phone footage. It's whether they can record things in a respectful way to those around them that matters, to me at least.

Edited by OoohMaggie

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

some of his students back in 1965 went to see the Beatles at Shea stadium.  They came home crying, because all they could hear was the crowd scream.  They couldn't hear the music at all.

This is why the Beatles gave up touring. "No one is listening to us anyway," John Lennon said.

Share this post


Link to post

I've seen the footage of girls at Beatles shows and I've never quite understood the banshee screaming and the fainting. I'm pretty sure I'd get tongue-tied if I spoke to an "idol" but I don't pee my pants and need medical care just going to the concert. Pretty soon I will, cuz I'm old, but it won't have anything to do with going to the concert, I'll pretty much do that anywhere.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, nachomama said:

but I don't pee my pants and need medical care just going to the concert.

That reminds me (another topic): I love how advertisers make it seem like anyone over 50 automatically starts wetting their pants. You don't need to see a doctor to find out why since you may have a fixable problem or a serious underlying condition. Never mind all that. Just start buying our adult diapers! Problem solved nd you can even order them online to save you the embarrassment of going to a store where everyone will know you have no control of your bladder.  If you want to feel ancient, just watch MeTV where you will be bombarded with ads for hearing ads, flexible canes, burial insurance, diapers, trusses, walk-in bathtubs, wrinkle creams and a plethora of drugs with horrifying side effects. 

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

That reminds me (another topic): I love how advertisers make it seem like anyone over 50 automatically starts wetting their pants. You don't need to see a doctor to find out why since you may have a fixable problem or a serious underlying condition. Never mind all that. Just start buying our adult diapers! Problem solved nd you can even order them online to save you the embarrassment of going to a store where everyone will know you have no control of your bladder.  If you want to feel ancient, just watch MeTV where you will be bombarded with ads for hearing ads, flexible canes, burial insurance, diapers, trusses, walk-in bathtubs, wrinkle creams and a plethora of drugs with horrifying side effects. 

Yup!  “I’VE FALLEN AND I CAN’T GET UP!!!”  😂

I’m over 50, and let me just tell you; if I’m pissing on you, it ain’t no damn “accident”.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...