Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, nachomama said:

Damn you’re good. See? This is all because I was a fetus. Much too young to remember these things. I wasn’t even born until 1997 so I have to search past lives for these memories. 

9 hours ago, Nashville said:

Seriously?  You’re younger than BOTH my daughters!  😆

@nachomama - that definitely explains the differences in music recalls, though.  Berlin’s big days on the Billboard Top XXX charts were back in the early ‘80s, when I was in college.  They were part of the soundtrack of my life - to which I was trying to get laid every chance I could - while you weren’t even a twinkle in your daddy’s eye yet.  😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

back that up I could have had children in 1997, although technically in MY family I coulda had kids in 1985 but legally in 1997, I just advance my year of birth every year if someone looks at gray hair or says something stupid like "who is John Denver?".

47 minutes ago, nachomama said:

I think it's funny to say I was born in 1997 because I'm clearly quite old.

Okay, that's why I was shocked at the '97 part. From your username and the kind of things you bitch complain about (the same things I and others of a "certain age" do) I thought you were much older than that but didn't want to be rude. 😁

next year I was born in 98 :) I'm still so much younger than all of you. I tell everyone in public that my friend Sarajane is old enough to be my mom, she's about 9 months older than me. I'm kind of an asshole like that.

In real life people can tell I'm lying because, duh, but I realize online you can't tell I'm stretching the truth so thin it'll snap and we'll all be dead.

How do you pronounce "flotilla?"

Edited by nachomama
  • LOL 1

I say it should be pronounced "float-eeya" like tortilla because it's funnier. I enjoy going places and asking about the "fill-ett Mig-non" just to see if waiters cringe. And I love "Kaysa-dilla"

But to illustrate my oldness I went to fill a prescription yesterday and it was twice as much as last time I filled it, also the medical debit card they gave me to pay for it with wouldn't let me pay for it. So like  a typical old person I called them up and demanded to know why it was twice as much and why the card wouldn't pay for it. So the prescription was $120 and the card has $100 but doesn't let you pay the balance with your own card. they have to ring up the exact amount. I said "on what planet is that helpful to anyone?" also after much yelling they finally decided that ooops it is supposed to be $60 not $120 so I can return to get my money back. That's my cranky old people story for today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I've never heard of furries,

I hadn't either until a couple of years ago. Damned Google!

The Whisperers need to get a little more creative. That skin mask thing is so yesterday and others have done it way better.

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I've never heard of furries, but I think the old Furbys represent the ridiculousness of the whole Whisperer concept quite well

NewFurby.jpg

Oh HELL no - target practice time!!!  

Fucking HATE Furbys. 😡😡😡

• LOL 2
13 hours ago, Nashville said:

Oh HELL no - target practice time!!!  

Fucking HATE Furbys. 😡😡😡

she broke up with you, get over it.

My old people story for today...I went to go get my refund, figured while I'm out I can hit up Walmart for some groceries and because I'm lazy and old I let them carry the heavy stuff. So I'm waiting and waiting and I'm thinking this bring it to me stuff doesn't really save much time. So I call and 4 different people come to see me and then they say they can't find my stuff. Thankfully, before I go on an old people rant a bell goes off in my head, I'm at the wrong walmart. I forgot to change location. I just knew there was one close to my pharmacy. So I've entered dementia.

I really, really, really, really like Opie, aka Beta (Ryan Hurst0 so I want them to ditch the skin masks just cuz he's creeping me the fuck out but I love him and I quit watching SOA anarchy after the you-know-what so if Alpha gets to take hers off then Opie better too.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Chesty on the left there is just wrong, in every way, are they supposed to be for kids or weirdos in a dark basement?

Option No.2. They weakly protest it's not some sex kink, but we know it is. "Furries" sounds so cute and innocent, but so does "Pony Play." 😮 What's in a name, anyway?

2 hours ago, nachomama said:

I really, really, really, really like Opie, aka Beta (Ryan Hurst0 so I want them to ditch the skin masks

I never watched SOA, but I feel for the guy. Did they hire him just because he's tall? With the disguised face and voice, they could have just grabbed some tall rando for the role and paid him a lot less. Opie reminds me of the lead singer of an old band called "The Archies" who had the huge hit, "Sugar Sugar". He once said, "I have the #1 song in the country and no one even knows my name." 

• LOL 2

His character on Sons of Anarchy was Opie and yes, unless they plan to let him ditch his skin mask I don't know why he's there unless it's just to be big and looming, he doesn't "talk" and truly only had 1 good fight with Norman Reedus thus far.

Recently hear the Archies song and whole buncha people were singing along, it's a feel good song and you can't forget the words, another song that peps me up is "Build me up Buttercup"

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, nachomama said:

His character on Sons of Anarchy was Opie and yes, unless they plan to let him ditch his skin mask I don't know why he's there unless it's just to be big and looming,

It's puzzling. I also wondered about Zach McGowan who lasted what? Two episodes? The ways of TPTB is not for us to know or question, I guess.

Let's have a singalong to distract us from Furries and Furbys and skin faces and the mysteries of TWD!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, nachomama said:

she broke up with you, get over it.

Oh, no bad relationship associations here - just recognition of the immutable fact that all Furbys are agents of Satan and must be destroyed. 

• LOL 3

I think you had a furry girlfriend and she dumped you. Although I guess you probably had a child with one and they don't shut up. the child or the furby? furby.

Weirder still or maybe not, just part of the furry, ahem hijinks, are the people with the tails, you know the taaaaaaails that you know you put in the you know. and you just walk around with a tail cuz that's normal. 

25 minutes ago, nachomama said:

I think you had a furry girlfriend and she dumped you. Although I guess you probably had a child with one and they don't shut up. the child or the furby? furby.

Weirder still or maybe not, just part of the furry, ahem hijinks, are the people with the tails, you know the taaaaaaails that you know you put in the you know. and you just walk around with a tail cuz that's normal. 

Huh?

• LOL 2

I was trying to whisper about the people who wear buttplug tails. They take the furry thing even farther and make like a real tail. Which is weird. 

Also douchebag hit my car. It was raining and he came around a corner too fast and slid right into me. Took out my mirror and gave me yellow stripes down my car. Window is kinda jacked up. But my car is driveable. Tomorrow I’ll get some estimates. He didn’t “own” the car. It’s got temporary dealer plates but the owner came and we are gonna get estimates tomorrow. My car is a piece of crap but it’s a paid for piece of crap that runs good. It’s just ugly as hell and all kinds of trashed up inside. I generally just go from one job to the next so I’ve got so much junk in there. Books, shoes, lunchbox, travel mugs, chips... the list goes on. Perhaps the 2 most interesting things, a 50’ extension cord and a 100’ extension cord. Both of which I severed with my hedge trimmer because I’m a moron like that. I keep intending to take them to a guy I know to splice em back together. He knows how to do stuff like that. Meanwhile I have no hedge trimmer. 

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, nachomama said:

buttplug tails.

I soooooo don't want to look that up, but the force is strong!

10 hours ago, nachomama said:

Both of which I severed with my hedge trimmer because I’m a moron like that

Is there anyone who hasn't cut their mower / trimmer cables? My trimmer had the cable wrapped around the blades from handle to tip, I wanted to see if it was still working but couldn't be bothered unwinding it all, so I plugged it in and pressed the button, I often wonder how I survived into middle age.

• LOL 2
4 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Is there anyone who hasn't cut their mower / trimmer cables?

But did you do it 2 weeks in a row? Literally bought the first ext cord then figured out you can’t turn around. Always gotta keep the cord at your back. Bought a new cord. Boom same damn thing. I was not meant for nature. When I mow my grass fire ants eat me alive. I shoulda been born in space. I need to live in a bubble. Nature can’t hurt me. Cars can’t drive into me. I can float. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I soooooo don't want to look that up, but the force is strong!

Go for it. It's more silly and dopey than anything, seeing grown-up people with their ridiculous kink dressed in furry cartoon animal costumes. I also can rarely resist looking stuff up  - with a couple of exceptions of nope! Never! -  even when I know I'll be sorry.

Also, please Google Image "Pony Play" so I shouldn't be the only one left gape-jawed and bemused.  Who knew?

59 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I haven't! Yet. But the season isn't over.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Me - I’m the neighborhood guy who fixes/splices everybody else’s shit when they cut it up.  😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, nachomama said:

fire ants eat me alive.

Just wandering in, bored with summer and the words Fire Ants jumped out.

I had been bitten in Houston and then one day, one bite was one too many and I ended up in the emergency room.  First symptom: generalized itching; second symptom: hives everywhere there was hair on my body.  Got to the emergency room before my throat started swelling.  Others in the ER had the throat problems.  Just a warning because I didn't know how bad it could get quickly.

4 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Just wandering in, bored with summer and the words Fire Ants jumped out.

I had been bitten in Houston and then one day, one bite was one too many and I ended up in the emergency room.  First symptom: generalized itching; second symptom: hives everywhere there was hair on my body.  Got to the emergency room before my throat started swelling.  Others in the ER had the throat problems.  Just a warning because I didn't know how bad it could get quickly.

Egads! So if you get bit again you need epi pen? I know there are people who are allergic to bee stings like that. I hope that ain’t me cuz I gotta go mow my grass again. I still have little scabs on my feet. 

I have a friend who always ate lobster and just the last few years she developed an allergy to shellfish. That seems so cruel To steal her lobster joy. 

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:21 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Also, please Google Image "Pony Play" so I shouldn't be the only one left gape-jawed and bemused.  Who knew?

Sometimes there just aren't the words, loving the hooves though. Who wouldn't like to see Eugene pulling Rosie and Coco around, he's got the mane for it.

Jqvvf.jpg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, nachomama said:

Most days I think I'm crazy...with furries and pony play people in the mix...I'm downright normal.

Any time you’re feeling too weird for words, just take a cruise through the nearest 24-hour Wal-Mart at something like 2 or 3 AM - really does some amazing things for recalibrating your perspective on what constitutes ‘normal’.

• LOL 1

I watched "Overlord" over the weekend, didn't hate it. Nazi zombies, has Wyatt Russell (Kurt and Goldie's kid) and for once he's not playing an idiot. Also has Euron Greyjoy as the bad guy and seriously, dude is going to be typecast as a baddie cuz he's just creepy.

Also watched "The favourite" which I liked quite well, Olivia Colman won an Oscar for it. Queen Anne and the 2 women who battled for "power" by being her confidant/lover. It's quite funny, quite dark and I hated the ending but we did have to do a lot of history looking up because if real, damn those brits are weeeeeeird! They ARE real people and Rachel Weisz' character is Winston Churchill's grandma!

Learned many new things...did you know Winston Churchill is more american than lots of americans?????????? His mother was american and rumor has it (yes they'd need DNA to back it up) but supposedly grandma was Iriqois! Churchill and Diana Spencer were cousins (her grandpa was cousin to Winston from this same Sarah Churchill from the movie)

And did you know any time you total a car, like say the engine still works but because of repair costs the insurance company just cuts you a check rather than repair $8000 of body damage that your vehicle very likely gets on a boat to Russia, south america, china etc? This dude that hit my car works for a "Cargo" company that buys those junked cars and they export them. I knew there was a "racket" with cars that there are after market parts and the whole junkyard business, insurance companies don't take "losses" but I had no idea about what goes out the back door. I've always heard if you have the means, get a check and then do what you will with your car.  get the repairs on the low low you get money and your car back. I think there is definitely a whole side of this that is not strictly legit, like if your car gets stolen in Miami, it's on a boat within 6 hours and boom out of the country you'll never see it again. Those are much more high end cars of course. I don't think we are a big enough port city to have that kind of  volume leaving the country. But there were many, many many of these "cargo" companies on this road, that look just like junk yards to the naked eye but those cars get on boats and go to Argentina and Yugoslavia.

I do not know whether to be insulted or happy that my car isn't good enough for them to just buy and send to Cuba. Ha! My car did feel pretty, cuz most of them cars got real messed up grills and bumpers, my car is just old and has no hubcaps, mirror got fixed up nice and they're going to take it to their "guy" for the paint. I will point out the actual dents and scratches and the window is sticky now, doesn't wanna roll up right and if those are not fixed to my satisfaction I will demand money. ha! Real world prices for fixing I'm sure it's $6000 because my friends trunk just got fixed and it was $8000. This is the entire left side of my car, all three panels, for the value of the car, yes, it would be totalled. I would rather have my car, than a car payment at this moment so I'm gonna see what this entails. If they yanked a door off one of these other junked cars I don't care. Essentially this guy can fix anything he breaks, he would be a good guy to know if someday down the road I did something I wanted repaired/replaced and didn't wanna pay full prices for it. Not strictly legit but eye opening.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Any time you’re feeling too weird for words, just take a cruise through the nearest 24-hour Wal-Mart at something like 2 or 3 AM - really does some amazing things for recalibrating your perspective on what constitutes ‘normal’.

Watching Judge Judy does that for me. I watch crazy-ass freaks fighting over 26-year old Caddies in a gray half-world where no one really lives anywhere or has anything in their own names, where pawn shops are banks, women battle on the street for breeding rights to some incarcerated loser, getting arrested is just a ho-hum part of everyday life, where inviting some unemployed pretty criminal you met last week at the gas station to move in with you is normal, where everyone's car insurance expired a few hours before they plowed into someone else, and restraining orders and title loans on '97 Tempos and welfare/disability cheating and fake IDs and lying to the cops, and on and on.  "It is what it is," they state philosophically when they get nailed for their nefarious doings.

I watch this and take comfort that I've done so very well in my life.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

This band Morphine. They played NYC all the time and I always said I would see them next time, and then the leader died. 

Nirvana were really underwhelming live. 

The Who (to be fair, in a football stadium with a brass section) weren't very good. 

Edited by Superclam
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

What bands would you have liked to have seen, but never had the opportunity to?

Original Lynyrd Skynyrd.

What band or bands have you seen that didn't perform as well as you thought they would have?

Billy Idol - his act has not aged well AT ALL.  

Neither has Billy, for that matter.

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I am not a Judge Judy fan.  She has made a lot of money off of treating people like crap. 

"Treated like crap": It's what they deserve because this army of scammers, creeps, liars, losers, and parasites have never called on their shit, in these times when nothing anyone does - no matter how heinous -  is EVER his/her fault. I cheer when they are. 

5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

What bands would you have liked to have seen, but never had the opportunity to?

BEATLES.

5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Billy Idol - his act has not aged well AT ALL.  

Neither has Billy, for that matter.

Truth.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

BEATLES.

My mother saw them in her local town hall, in Liverpool and this was with Pete Best on the tins, so what, 1961 ish, and she even saw the real Paul McCartney 'controversial' 😨

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Is that what Maggie meant? I remember talking about this in 7th grade. It was interesting at the time. 

It was indeed, and as for 'going down that path' that type of path can have a traumatic effect on a persons life, as I discovered 13 or so years ago, and as they say you cant get the cork back into the bottle.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I am not a Judge Judy fan.  She has made a lot of money off of treating people like crap.   That usual gets people fired, not Judge Judy.

You should be happy to have Judy, as with most things we in the UK end up copying what you have over there, both the good and the chronically awful.

This is what we have in lieu of Judy, I cant bear to find a suitable clip so this will have to do,

• Love 2
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't think you want to go down that path.

You probably don't want to go down this one either.

When I was in school back in the day, my music teacher spent an entire semester on it.  Playing vinyl records backwards, looking for clues in Beatles' music.

So silly. But admittedly, a fun diversion.