Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, raven said:

I like the sound of that, thank for the tip!  I should really explore Netflix more.  I need an inexpensive Smart TV, I have to watch Netflix shows on my laptop, which I hate, but I did for Stranger Things.  My current TV is so ancient I can't even connect the laptop to it, heh.

Luckily they aren't too awfully priced anymore.  This was good on a bigger screen, in the dark.  Watch it in the dark.  lol  Even though it's summer and you have to wait til late.  The main character also wears great clothes, which I enjoy.  If you like it, maybe you can get them to add it to the Shows list.

• Love 1
On 5/17/2018 at 5:54 PM, peach said:

Hey, has anyone watched the Netflix series Requiem?  It's really creepy and good.  (Originally a BBC series)

It seems to be flying under the radar; there's not even a page for it on this site. But I thought it was great old school 70's occult horror/suspense, but gorgeously shot.  It's a little bit slow at the beginning, but picks up.  Spooky Welsh villages with creepy mansions and runes, etc.

That sounds good.  We’ve had 11 straight days of clouds and rain with more coming this weekend.  Now I have a plan.

i set a Guinness world record.  I bitched so much that the head bitch of bitching bitch slapped me with a trophy made by bitches.

i am proud.  Still no new boss, but I got offered a whopping 31k to take on a job with a poop ton of responsibility and a really unpleasant client.   I am so happy to have landed back in 2002!

• Love 2

Hey OoohMaggie, I'd be interested in S9  speculation topic, too!

Is there a small talk topic in all shows? How is this small talk topic different from the AMC refugee one? WT got into AMC around 10AM last Tuesday. I'd been on at 5am and left Pamala some questions, and also for Landrew. Tried to get back in at noon (EST) Tuesday... and everything was gone.

Nex, 

Didnt jingles say something about it

CR

yes, different small talk on every forum.  When TWD starts we’ll chat in that small talk, just use the one belonging to the show we’re watching at the time. 

Soooo, traveling around Nashville today was a total pain in the ass.  The Trumpsterfire was in BNA doing a speech at a downtown venue today, so I was avoiding driving into town like the plague - until the RV service center called up and said the recall service on my trailer was done, and I could come pick it up.  The RV place was about a block or so away from the Opryland Hotel which is out in one of the Nashville suburbs (Donelson), so I figured it was safe to make the dash.

Anyway - so when I’m attempting to leave with my trailer, guess who decides to drop in at the O-Hell Hotel...?  :P

5 hours ago, nachomama said:

It was Melanie, right?

:P  YOU try pulling a 37-foot travel trailer through a cordon of police and Secret Service types who don’t know how to park a damn car.

• Love 1
(edited)

Taking a week off work, and we’re currently sitting in a GA state park by Savannah.  I’m thinking steak and grilled shrimp for dinner tonight....  ;)

Edited by Nashville
Off, not of
  • Love 2
On 6/4/2018 at 4:50 PM, nachomama said:

Don't get eaten by walkers! Be on the lookout for John Travolta, he's in town.

I ate John Travolta’s tuna!

This is a true story.

That sounds very dirty.

Just so everyone knows, John Travolta is pronounced "jontabolta" all one world. This is according to my niece who was obsessed and wanted to play "jontabolta" all the time which was a combination of Grease and Saturday Night Fever and Urban Cowboy.

Purely in the way of an FYI - I just had a P.tv first: dropping a show from my “Followed” list.

As it happens, that show was FTWD.

I’d only watched Ep1 of S4, so I’ve been steering clear of the FTWD forum for weeks until I could get caught up; thing is, though, I’ve realized I simply don’t want to sit through seven more episodes of this series - especially since I got spoiled on a major character death when someone posted a spoiler in FTWD’s version of the Small Talk thread (which was marked as No Spoilers, incidentally).

So I’m curious: how many of you have ever dropped a P.tv show forum, and why?

5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Purely in the way of an FYI - I just had a P.tv first: dropping a show from my “Followed” list.

As it happens, that show was FTWD.

I’d only watched Ep1 of S4, so I’ve been steering clear of the FTWD forum for weeks until I could get caught up; thing is, though, I’ve realized I simply don’t want to sit through seven more episodes of this series - especially since I got spoiled on a major character death when someone posted a spoiler in FTWD’s version of the Small Talk thread (which was marked as No Spoilers, incidentally).

So I’m curious: how many of you have ever dropped a P.tv show forum, and why?

Oddly enough, I also dropped FTWD, for just about the same reason. I watched the first episode this season, and when the second episode was set to come on, it just felt like such a chore, a strange obligation. So I decided I wasn't going to watch it, and I kept to it. I have no regrets. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh, also Game of Thrones. I still watch the show, but the sheer amount of posts on it, and the silly arguing back and forth led me to stop reading the forums for it. 

I think if there was a new Star Trek show I followed I might do the same. Sci-fi fans can get a little too nit-picky for my taste. 

Edited by Superclam
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Superclam said:

Oh, also Game of Thrones. I still watch the show, but the sheer amount of posts on it, and the silly arguing back and forth led me to stop reading the forums for it. 

When I first started watching GoT, I took a look at its forum.  

That one look was enough to dissuade me from subscribing.  :>

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

When I first started watching GoT, I took a look at its forum.  

That one look was enough to dissuade me from subscribing.  :

I guess you never checked out TWD forum on IMDB. One glance nearly made me pull the plug on my computer. :>O

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Superclam said:

The IMDB comment section was a cesspool. It was very rare that there was a thread without some stupidity going on. 

The stupid trolls got the boards shut down. To see the brain-dead idiocy out there makes me despair for the human race. The only forum I participated in was the "Tombstone" one. Interesting, knowledgeable people. We had many fascinating and fun convos and any trolls who popped in were quickly dispatched. I think TWD may have been one of the worst. Just a quick scan made me lose IQ points.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nachomama said:

I'm not liking people too much right now. Everyone annoys me. If we are headed for an apacoplypse, I embrace it.

Well, that about covers the last decade or so of MY life.

• Love 1

In other news... today’s my birthday.

But not just any birthday; it’s the birthday on which I reach the age my agency has identified as my MRA.

Oh, yeah - MRA stands for Minimum Retirement Age.  So I’m now technically eligible to retire.

Probably won’t be going out immediately - but it IS nice to have the option.  :)

• Love 2

In five days, it will be the second anniversary of my mother's death. The last week of June was her first week in the hospital, in 2016. I'm dealing with a huge disabled dog that can't move unless we move him (he hasn't taken to a doggy wheelchair, and has no strength left in the front part of his body now), feeling stuck (am actually stuck), and a lot of people *are* annoying, but it's partly that I don't understand them, at all. This year has managed to be worse than the last two, which I didn't think was possible. Yay.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Nashville said:

In other news... today’s my birthday.

But not just any birthday; it’s the birthday on which I reach the age my agency has identified as my MRA.

Oh, yeah - MRA stands for Minimum Retirement Age.  So I’m now technically eligible to retire.

Probably won’t be going out immediately - but it IS nice to have the option.  :)

Lucky! I have 7 more years before I'm eligible. Since I had my kids late, I'll probably be working another 15 years at least. 

10 hours ago, Superclam said:

Lucky! I have 7 more years before I'm eligible. Since I had my kids late, I'll probably be working another 15 years at least. 

Get a countdown app and put it on your phone - it helps.  :)

7C1C6A77-A8C3-4E63-AF4E-69C1C6FA54ED.thumb.jpeg.e1ab5edfda2f760d1d14bfaffa6c89e7.jpeg

• Love 1

Here's the level of genius I'm working with. There's been a rat(s) hanging out so they've made elaborate mazes for catching said rat. He(they) first got into a big jar of peanut butter pretzles and boy howdy did they love 'em! So they came back and brought friends. chewed completely through the plastic and gnawed the hell out of the lid, at first I thought there was an enourmous pile of rat poo but it was the black shavings. First round of traps go in and they got 2, omg it was like Mickey Mouse when he "got 7 in one blow".  so then we had no visitors for a while. Yesterday somebody got in, she has been closing the door to her office and put them on a high shelf and of course the traps...nevertheless they persisted. So it triggered the trap but the trap didn't catch or kill him, wounded, he bravely dragged himself out, the crack under the door is small but you know, these squishy little beasties they can win any limbo contest, so yesterday we couldn't go down the hallway, that was a crime scene, they're down on their knees with flashlights following a trail of blood. But they think I waste time at work.

• Love 1

Well... I’ve had my next tattoo image picked out for a while, and I’ve finally found a local artist I think can do it the way I want.  Problem is he only takes new appointment bookings on one day each month (the 15th), and he never books more than one month in advance.  So I’m in a holding pattern until scuba season is over - probably around October or November.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

I’ve finally found a local artist I think can do it the way I want.

Please, just promise us the artist is literate, at the very least, or you may come out like this: (or maybe it was irony)

tattoo.mp4.Still003.jpg

• Love 1

I don't have tats, but I can see that is the work of an artist. Whew! At least if you want to immortalize our favorite show on your skin, it won't look like this:

(I know - I'm an awful person) Be sure to show us the results!

tattoo80082.jpg

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

I like to think it’s an adequate representative of the dark desolation which is my soul.  :>

Man, you are so, like, deep. Blows my mind, dude.;)

J/K. That is a beautiful piece of art.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Man, you are so, like, deep. Blows my mind, dude.;)

ROFL!!!  Well, I couldn’t just say I’m a diehard Molly Hatchet fan, now could I?  :D

50 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

J/K. That is a beautiful piece of art.

Been a Frazetta fan since my teens.

• Love 2

Is it just my browser or do none of the forums have baby forums anymore? I mean like....previous seasons are now all just there on the main forum instead of being in a sub-forum.

twdf.JPG

Edited by diebartdie
added image
  • Love 1