Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
radishcake

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

I was something like 8-12 years old in those days and they helped me to learn english. Including Happy days, sesame street and others of course.

• Like 1

I watched the Kong Vs. Zilla. It was aiigght. No spoilers they knocked some shit over.

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

I like to watch women's college softball.

I watched a game last night.  A player hit a  "home run" with a runner on base.  The ball went over the fence but the batter was called out.  She ran around the bases and when she got to home plate she jumped past the plate to celebrate with two fellow players.  The player that she drove in with the home run counted, but since the batter hopped over the plate celebrated and went to the dugout without touching home plate, she was called out.  All she had to do was step on the plate and then celebrate. 

The coach kept her in the game.  I would have pulled her from the game for making such a bonehead mistake.

That is why I don't like players celebrating on the field.  They lose focus and stupid things like this happen.

Edited by icemiser69

On 4/20/2021 at 2:37 PM, icemiser69 said:

As long as it has the original music the show is awesome.   Replace the original music with generic crap and WKRP becomes unwatchable.

Agreed.  And I am in love with Jan Smithers (Bailey Quarters) forever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nashville said:

One of the hallmark Barney Miller episodes (and one of my personal favorites):

https://youtu.be/GdYzMhV0OVk

Epic, along with when Fish goes uncover in drag and the eps with Luger, and just too many to think of. I've read that cops really liked this show because it realistically depicts the often boring, humdrum days of station life and endless paperwork.

On another note, is anyone else getting very startled when the huge notifications pop up on your screen? I thought I had some virus at first and now I"m edgy all the time, waiting for another one to jump up like a jack-in-the-box in my face.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

Agreed.  And I am in love with Jan Smithers (Bailey Quarters) forever.

She was gorgeous.  So was Loni Anderson.

10 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

She was gorgeous.  So was Loni Anderson.

Not even close IMHO, but to each their own.  😎

FYI - I preferred Mary Anne over Ginger as well.  😉

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Not even close IMHO, but to each their own.  😎

FYI - I preferred Mary Anne over Ginger as well.  😉

I'm with you on Bailey. I always thought Loni Anderson looked like a plastic doll. 

Ginger gave me some of my first "funny" feelings. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2

17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

On another note, is anyone else getting very startled when the huge notifications pop up on your screen? I thought I had some virus at first and now I"m edgy all the time, waiting for another one to jump up like a jack-in-the-box in my face.

Seriously, I just switched tabs and got Maggie's black & white face jumping out at me. I like the actress, but it looked like a zombie attack for a second. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Superclam said:

I'm with you on Bailey. I always thought Loni Anderson looked like a plastic doll. 

Burt Reynolds had some interesting comments about Loni, e.g., she would tell him she was going shopping and come home two days later. 😆

But her totally artificial look made her perfect for this particular role.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

8 hours ago, Superclam said:

Seriously, I just switched tabs and got Maggie's black & white face jumping out at me. I like the actress, but it looked like a zombie attack for a second

But what a way to go!  Bizarrely I actually got a huge ‘Superclam’ pulsating in front of my eyes,  desperately clicking the X had no effect and I thought it was just me 😱

Regarding ‘funny feelings’, I seem to remember Daisy Duke, the officer with the ‘bowl cut’ from The Love Boat, Purdey from The New Avengers, the blonde one from ABBA and Kristy McNichol somehow awakening my interest in the finer points of female acting 🥵

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

I quite like the new info on the RH side, maybe a link from the posted images back to the original post, the Tom Noonan was down to me but I can’t for the life of me remember why 🤔

• Useful 1

50 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I actually got a huge ‘Superclam’ pulsating in front of my eyes,  

So many jokes, so little time. 

• Laugh 4

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

I quite like the new info on the RH side,

If we were on some game show where we had to guess the topic from looking at those random and seemingly bizarre collection of images, I would never win.

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Bizarrely I actually got a huge ‘Superclam’ pulsating in front of my eyes,

I just now got another ginormous hot pink notification on my screen. There is no way to close it. I do not like, she said.

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Bizarrely I actually got a huge ‘Superclam’ pulsating in front of my eyes,  desperately clicking the X had no effect and I thought it was just me 😱

So you’ve met one of my ex-girlfriends....

7 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I just now got another ginormous hot pink notification on my screen. There is no way to close it. I do not like, she said.

And there’s another.

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

10 hours ago, Nashville said:

And there’s another.

Nope. I think I got it now: The monstrous notifications only come flying at your face if you have this site open when it comes in. Yours didn't pop up because I wasn't here when you made it(?) At least that's how it seems.

10 hours ago, Nashville said:

As my avatar would say, "YOU picked her!" 😆

• Laugh 4

14 hours ago, Nashville said:

FFS  😂

• Laugh 4

10 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

FFS  😂

This was back in my college days, so - yeah, exactly.

ETA: Hey, I grew out of it - eventually.

Edited by Nashville
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

On 4/23/2021 at 4:23 PM, OoohMaggie said:

But what a way to go!  Bizarrely I actually got a huge ‘Superclam’ pulsating in front of my eyes,  desperately clicking the X had no effect and I thought it was just me 😱

You make that sound like a bad thing.

Was it steamed? 

Edited by icemiser69
  • Sad 1

On 4/23/2021 at 4:23 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Regarding ‘funny feelings’, I seem to remember Daisy Duke, the officer with the ‘bowl cut’ from The Love Boat, Purdey from The New Avengers, the blonde one from ABBA and Kristy McNichol somehow awakening my interest in the finer points of female acting 🥵

I used to have a huge crush on Purdey as well, and the blonde from ABBA.  Kristy McNichol never floated my boat.

• Surprise 1

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Kristy McNichol never floated my boat.

That's okay, because I know the feeling would be mutual. 😄

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Was it steamed? 

Unfortunately not, neither was there any garlic, ginger or fresh chilli present 🤤

• Surprise 1

4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I used to have a huge crush on Purdey as well, and the blonde from ABBA.  Kristy McNichol never floated my boat.

I did most shamefully forget Sabrina from ‘The Angels’, the more I think about it the more names keep popping up..........Mmmmmmmm, Sally Field in those rather snug ‘Bandit’ jeans 😛

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

I was gonna say ...Kristy McNicol? I don't think girls have the same equivalent, as in we just wanted to swoon and be around we didn't get all huffed and puffed. But if I did I had some very strange, uh, boyfriends. I didn't like all the "boys" my friends liked. Ricky Shroeder? nope. Dan Hagarty? yep. Creeps me out now. I loved Robbie Benson, my niece obsessed over JohnTabolta, nope. I was a weirdo

• Laugh 1

3 hours ago, nachomama said:

as in we just wanted to swoon and be around we didn't get all huffed and puffed

Yeah Ok  😇 🙄

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Yeah Ok  😇 🙄

To this day there is no evidence that we get hot and bothered, whereas boys betray themselves haha the only revenge god gave us.

• Laugh 1

On 4/26/2021 at 6:10 PM, nachomama said:

To this day there is no evidence that we get hot and bothered,

Not wishing in any way to lower the tone here, but I can’t help recalling my late Mother’s memories of an early 1960’s Beatles concert she attended, let’s just say that the floor was a great deal more slippery upon exit than entry to the venue 🤔 but I’m absolutely sure more self control was exhibited by future generations  🙄

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

36 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Not wishing in any way to lower the tone here

Considering the topics that have been discussed here, including dick cakes and the colour of Daryl's pubic hair, I'm not sure that's possible.

• Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Considering the topics that have been discussed here, including dick cakes and the colour of Daryl's pubic hair, I'm not sure that's possible.

With or without nuts?

I guess I miss all of the interesting conversations.  I don't remember any of that.   It gets so quiet in this neck of the woods that I stop visiting, and then an interesting conversation starts and ends before I ever get to partake in the discussion.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Not wishing in any way to lower the tone here, but I can’t help recalling my late Mother’s memories of an early 1960’s Beatles concert she attended, let’s just say that the floor was a great deal more slippery upon exit than entry to the venue 🤔 but I’m absolutely sure more self control was exhibited by future generations  🙄

I have no idea what this means, no idea whatsoever.  Can you demonstrate with sock puppets?

It seems like you are saying that they were so excited to see the Beatles that they peed themselves.

• Laugh 1

Honestly, seeing footage of Beetles or Elvis fans is so bizarre to me. No one has ever caused me to pee or pass out or any other number of things.

• Like 1

MeTV will be showing The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, Saturday night, May 1st.  One of my favorite movies.  Svengoolie is informative, but he does get on my nerves after awhile.

Joan Staley sure was a gorgeous woman.  I think she looked better as a blonde.  Apparently she was also a Playboy centerfold, in addition to being an actress.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 1

How's this for scintillating conversation, the most "activity" Ive gotten on facebook was when I posted that Sun Chips suck. Hahaha Come on! they're just the red headed step-brother your mom made you take to the picnic.

• Like 1

I can't stand Sun Chips. If I see them at a party, I'll have one, and then remember that I hate them. I like when my wife buys them because then I don't eat them. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

I can't stand Sun Chips. If I see them at a party, I'll have one, and then remember that I hate them. I like when my wife buys them because then I don't eat them. 

I like them.  They are pretty much an unrolled Bugle.

I have never been invited to a party, and if I were I wouldn't go.  I don't like buffets or "community" snack bowls.  I am a clean freak, I know where my hands have been.

• Sad 1

I listen to a lot of Sirius XM.  One song that they have been playing a lot lately is Girlfriend in a Coma.

What the heck does that song mean?  Did the dude do something to cause his girlfriend to go into a coma?

I don't like Bugles either, they're the cone shaped things? I used to stick them on my fingers to make sharp pointy claws. I honestly don't like them because my sister liked them.

I know what I "thought" was the meaning behind girlfriend in a coma but then what I googled. I'm not a fan of Morrisey, dude seriously needs to chillax. But my impressions at the time that girlfriend came out were that he's gay and he used girlfriend in a coma as a "beard" situation. Kinda like dudes who have girlfriends in "canada" no one ever sees them and he's gay so he just conveniently made himself unavailable or no one is going to ask questions. Supposedly it's about AIDS which makes sense as well. Basically about all the "lovers" being sick with unknown ailments and no one wanted to talk about it.

• Useful 1

So, I need a bit of help.

My husband's boss invited us to his autistic son's high school graduation party.  My husband and his boss are pretty close.  I've never gone to graduation parties for people outside of family.  I don't know what the appropriate gift is.  Any ideas?

• Like 1

It used to be a briefcase or a pen, something scholarly like that. Gift card or check? That's an easy way out. 

A friend of mine had a college graduation party and got 4 briefcases. 

Edited by Superclam
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

For all those that think a stressful day at work involves being told your favourite lunchtime sandwich filling has sold out, 

This dude is awesome 🥵

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

For all those that think a stressful day at work involves being told your favourite lunchtime sandwich filling has sold out

I don't think you appreciate how stressful this can be. 

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

On 5/4/2021 at 4:01 PM, madmax said:

So, I need a bit of help.

My husband's boss invited us to his autistic son's high school graduation party.  My husband and his boss are pretty close.  I've never gone to graduation parties for people outside of family.  I don't know what the appropriate gift is.  Any ideas?

IME, money is always appropriate and welcomed. These days, when 11-year-olds go to school with 700$ phones in their pockets, all kids already have every single gadget under the sun. You can't buy them clothes, so money is always a safe bet.

• Like 3

thanks @superclam and @angelahunter.

We decided on cash, now to determine the amount.  😬

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, madmax said:

thanks @superclam and @angelahunter.

We decided on cash, now to determine the amount.  😬

Maybe I'm living in the past - actually I know I am - but we're not talking graduating Harvard here, but high school. In my obsolete opinion and especially during these terrible times 100$ seems plenty to me.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

We're giving my niece $250 for graduating from college. $100 for a friend graduating from high school seems appropriate. 

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Whew!  You guys rock!  I was thinking $100 for a non-family member.  We gave both of our nieces and our god-children $200 for high school graduation and $300 for college graduation.  

Now, I get to go to a socially distant graduation party where I'll only know four people besides my husband, and two of them are the hosts. 😄

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

3 minutes ago, madmax said:

Now, I get to go to a socially distant graduation party where I'll only know four people besides my husband, and two of them are the hosts. 

Don't double-dip! 

• Laugh 2
  • Sad 1