Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, nachomama said:

I think I remember drive. Was it a cross country road race? 

It was.  Back in the day, I bought the whole season on iTunes for something like $5.  I don't remember much about it, other than Nathan Fillion in a classic Challenger. 😄

Ok, I gotta get this outta my system so please bear with me:

I’m watching the movie “Flight” on Epix and I have the closed-captioning turned on.  After about 35 minutes the movie cuts to a scene which starts playing “Sympathy For the Devil” as background, and the CC displays:

(Peppy music playing)

Peppy?

PEPPY???

Sympathy For the Devil, PEPPY!?!?

WHAT LEFTBRAINED KNEEBITING SNAKE-SUCKING MULE-KISSING LEMUR-FELCHING SACK OF MONKEY SPUNK LABELS THE ROLLING FUCKING STONESPEPPY”!?!?!?

……

..that’s all.  
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program of dinner and dance music.

• LOL 6

How was errbody's zombie jesus day? I made meatloaf.

I want to see "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once" I think I'll go tomorrow. It's got Data from The Goonies! I think I love him more than anything in the entire world at the moment.

Guess who was just in my office? pseudo celebrity.

Edited by nachomama
9 hours ago, nachomama said:

How was errbody's zombie jesus day? I made meatloaf.

I want to see "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once" I think I'll go tomorrow. It's got Data from The Goonies! I think I love him more than anything in the entire world at the moment.

Guess who was just in my office? pseudo celebrity.

Then I guess I shouldn’t say last night’s rabbit stew was delicious, huh?

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

That’s what I say every year. I ate the Easter bunny.

so this morning dude came in my shop. I’m thinking this dude looks a LOT like Ty Pennington. Only not annoying. Not manic. He was trying to blow up some retro target posters. Like from the 70’s. A mafia guy a lady and a dog. I’m guessing for training you were supposed to hit the mafia guy and not hit the dog or the lady. So we can’t scan his originals but I gave him my old boss’ number. Then I text my boss and said I sent a Ty Pennington look alike to him. He said “oh yeah just talked to him. That was Ty Pennington.”  So he does have a house here he’s renovating. Still dunno why the target practice posters unless he’s gonna use them as “art”? 

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, Nashville said:

I tell ya, I've only had rabbit maybe 3-4 times in my life, but that is one tasty, adorable animal. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, nachomama said:

so this morning dude came in my shop. I’m thinking this dude looks a LOT like Ty Pennington. Only not annoying. Not manic. He was trying to blow up some retro target posters. Like from the 70’s. A mafia guy a lady and a dog. I’m guessing for training you were supposed to hit the mafia guy and not hit the dog or the lady. So we can’t scan his originals but I gave him my old boss’ number. Then I text my boss and said I sent a Ty Pennington look alike to him. He said “oh yeah just talked to him. That was Ty Pennington.”  So he does have a house here he’s renovating. Still dunno why the target practice posters unless he’s gonna use them as “art”? 

I just saw him on some gambling commercial and I thought, damn, he's not aging great.  

Going on my first plane in 36 years on Saturday.  No fear of flying, just a husband who doesn't like vacations.  Which is why I'm going with my friend.  😁

• Love 2
21 hours ago, nachomama said:

Then I text my boss and said I sent a Ty Pennington look alike to him. He said “oh yeah just talked to him. That was Ty Pennington.”  So he does have a house here he’s renovating. Still dunno why the target practice posters unless he’s gonna use them as “art”? 

Maybe part of the renovations include a shooting range…?

21 hours ago, madmax said:

I just saw him on some gambling commercial and I thought, damn, he's not aging great.  

Going on my first plane in 36 years on Saturday.  No fear of flying, just a husband who doesn't like vacations.  Which is why I'm going with my friend.  😁

Where will we be visiting and what are you bringing me back? 
I cannot comment on anybody's aging. I thought I was doing good. Until I wasnt. hahaha  

Went to see "Everything, Everywhere All at Once" dudes and dudettes, it broke my brain. It has some of the silliest, stupidest stuff known to man and yet its frigging brilliant. I can't even begin to imagine what anyone reading this script could have imagined, this could have gone so wrong and yet it's so right. Kung Fu fight with a fanny pack. Butt plugs, raccoons, bagels. There are no spoilers in there because nothing makes sense whatsoever and yet it all makes sense.

Edited by nachomama
  • Love 2
On 4/20/2022 at 7:53 AM, nachomama said:

Where will we be visiting and what are you bringing me back? 
I cannot comment on anybody's aging. I thought I was doing good. Until I wasnt. hahaha  

St. Pete Beach, FL.  What can I bring you?

Funny, but the last week long vacation we took was to St. Pete as well, about 19 years ago.  But we drove.  About 18 hours.  I do not recommend with a 7 year old and a 3 year old....

Edited by madmax
On 4/18/2022 at 10:53 PM, nachomama said:

so this morning dude came in my shop. I’m thinking this dude looks a LOT like Ty Pennington. Only not annoying. Not manic.

About 48 seconds ago, I realized you weren't talking about the guy from Modern Family. 

Just had to throw this out somewhere:

One of our local TV station’s HD sideband broadcasts carries the Ion:Mystery network, the programming for which is frequently composed of such things as 8-hour mini-marathons of selected series in syndication.  Yesterday the featured series was CSI:Miami, one of the episodes being aired was the original S1E1 pilot episode, and as I watched it I was forcefully reminded of something time had blessedly obscured from memory; namely, what an unmitigated piece of crap this series was when it first started out.  The dialogue was atrocious, the acting was worse, and the chemistry between primary characters ranged from nonexistent to toxic.

CSI:Miami ended up running for 10 seasons; were it not for some frantic cast retooling halfway through S1, though, I am reasonably certain the show never would have been renewed for S2.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nachomama said:

I always had a tremendous loathing for David Caruso so I'll believe you.

Didn’t he become annoying, I thought he started going south after Hill St, pompous ass indeed. What do they call that style of acting?……..other than bad obviously 😔

Edited by OoohMaggie

I wouldn't even watch NYPD Blue until after he left. I remember they used to mock him mercilously on TWoP for the removing glasses on CSI Miami and whatever proclamation he made. It was a meme before memes were a thing.

Other people I have irrational hate for: Kevin Costner, which is shocking because I have been trying to watch Yellowstone. Every second of every scene he's in I just want him to die. People die all the time and they even gave him cancer but dadgummit he survives.

Edited by nachomama
  • LOL 1

His entire acting style was removing glasses.

I tried "Outer Range" which is Josh Brolin weird creepy sci-fi western. He's a ranch owner with a black hole on his land. Mystery dimension. Lili Taylor plays his wife. I tuned in to this for 2 things Lili and the dude who played David's boyfriend on Schitt's Creek. I watched 2 eps it was ok, I'll see where the black hole leads. (it's like Yellowstone minus Kevin Costner!, plus weird hole in the ground mystery)

I’m currently on day 8 of my second Covid episode, apart from a sore throat and blocked sinuses it’s been no problem, hopefully it’s the resistance built up from the first time that’s helping. The whole country seems to have forgotten it ever existed, apart from those queueing up for jab No 4 or is it 5 🤔

34 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’m currently on day 8 of my second Covid episode, apart from a sore throat and blocked sinuses it’s been no problem, hopefully it’s the resistance built up from the first time that’s helping. The whole country seems to have forgotten it ever existed, apart from those queueing up for jab No 4 or is it 5 🤔

Sorry, Mags. Hope you feel better. It's definitely winding down on this side of the pond. 

23 hours ago, nachomama said:

Feel better soon.

Thank you both but that’s the point, I feel fine, it’s had hardly any effect at all (touching wood). It should be a good winter this year as apparently nobody died of Flu last season 🤔🙄

4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Thank you both but that’s the point, I feel fine, it’s had hardly any effect at all (touching wood). It should be a good winter this year as apparently nobody died of Flu last season 🤔🙄

Maybe you're a super soldier now? ...maybe this is the walking dead virus and we all have it just we don't know it until we are reanimated when we die.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Superclam said:

Do you guys have Macs or iPhones?

Yes for me

7 hours ago, Nashville said:

New emojis explained

You know that feeling when you wish you’d never asked, pregnant man 🙄, is there a new one for stop the damn world I’m getting off…….

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I can never see emojies on here. I have an iphone.

Went home early yesterday, not feeling great. I hope that today I just don't feel well because I haven't had anything to eat. blah.

I think I'm having gall bladder issues. Stopped throwing up and I thought I was sore from heaving but it's not going away. Contemplating leaving early today for a doctor visit. This is my self diagnosis from web md. I aint got time for this

Edited by nachomama

Dang, it’s been a whole WEEK since I was on last???  Geez….

On 5/2/2022 at 6:22 AM, Superclam said:

Do you guys have Macs or iPhones? That's probably why I can't see them. 

iPhone here.

On 5/3/2022 at 7:00 AM, nachomama said:

Went home early yesterday, not feeling great. I hope that today I just don't feel well because I haven't had anything to eat. blah.

I think I'm having gall bladder issues. Stopped throwing up and I thought I was sore from heaving but it's not going away. Contemplating leaving early today for a doctor visit. This is my self diagnosis from web md. I aint got time for this

Hope you’re feeling better @nachomama.

I guess I'm better, just hanging out til I die. I guess.

Wanna talk about an awkward conversation? I got a message from my eldest sisters bff. Like they went back to preschool together. They called them Yogi and BooBoo because Cindy was super short. Well 20 years ago something happened. They haven't spoken. My sister never told me, my niece kinda told me but I didn't really believe her. Apparently my sister done slept with her husband. which is a no no. Apparently everybody has found god and forgiveness etc cuz she doesn't seem to be coming with any malice. She was asking about my parents, they have a memorial page for the company both parents worked for so she added them and even added my sister. For a woman that's 4'9" ish she was always very mean when I was a kid. Can't say I really liked her or my sister they were just mean adults. Perspective is everything but there's like 25-30 years worth of history to cover.

I'm not saying 2 chicks should just get over it and chalk it up to the man but I think it was not his only rodeo. She says she misses my sister and was quite upset to hear she died. She goes to visit my mom's grave and my sister has the plot next to my mom. (she's not in it yet because people keep being in prison so I can't have a funeral) We are super classy right?

2 hours ago, nachomama said:

Do any of you do this? I would never do this, no never. I (someone not me) found penicillin from previous.

Sleep with my sister’s husband?  Not recently.

(Despite anything you might believe about how Southerners are….)

Are avocados a thing for british people? I watched some Mary Berry show (not great bakeoff) and she made up some smoked trout thing with an avocado crema and I was thinking it looked like a california avocado. The small ones. I know they grow other places but they're the big ones. I like the smaller (california/mexico) ones better but how much of a thing is that for britain? I looked her up and she's 87 I can't imagine she was making that at 22. But maybe I'm wrong?

I’ve always hated them, the perfect way to ruin a nice Mexican, I’ve only ever really encountered them as part of Guacamole or the odd salad, I wouldn’t say they’re ‘a thing’ over here, probably the posh restaurants and Tv cooks making the most use of them. Maybe I should give the small ones a try 🥑

Oh I do love an avocado, I love guac, I love it on a blt. usually yes the small ones. I didn't think it was a huge thing for british people and it struck me odd with 87 year old Mary Berry but then again I think a lot of things british are weird. Like when I've watched the great british bake off I'm thinking the average Britain cannot possibly know how to make all those cakes. And ya'll sure do love a tourine, pack some meat into a loaf pan in layers and put it inside a pastry crust. I used to love to watch The "Two Fat Ladies" cooking show where they would zip off on a side car motorcycle and kept saying they never washed their hands because the germs make you healthier.

Either my taste buds have gone on a bender in my old age or here's something bizarre I love ...avocado with grapefruit. I had one of those meal plans once upon a time and there was a salad with quinoa, pickled onions and grapfruit and avocado. You think it's odd but tasty