Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

I'm avoiding spoilers for 1883 and Euphoria. So help me dog if they kill Sam Elliott there will be hell to pay. They better kill Elsa, I wanna slap her 6 ways from Sunday. 2 rules in my universe, never kill the dog or Sam Elliott.

• LOL 1

I hate people who just forward shuffle email chains. This idiot has been getting quotes from me for several months. Various sizes and quantities then she comes back and get different quantities. She keeps saying "see below" referring to all these past emails. When you are ready to order your crap, give me a list. 1. 500 black 5x4 etc etc. Do not refer me back to the email from January. I don't remember January and I've got plenty other shit to do. Throw out everything you decided not to do and just gimme the list to do. Don't highlight the ones you kept etc. This girl is a "marketing" person which I think means she was hired to do the social media and doesn't know a damn thing about printing and they just kinda wave their hands and say "make it happen". I don't do YOUR job, you do your job. rant over.

I have another lady who wants to make note cards for her daughter. I sent a mock up with several fonts. She asked for them bigger so I sent them bigger. She says they're the same size. There's a button on your computer that says "enlarge" you can be zoomed in on it. Everything is relative on the computer, but if I say it's bigger, trust me lady, it's bigger. Oi vey! Clearly this week is irritating me.

(edited)

What are you trying to tell us Nashville? P-U! Is it wrong I don't like Nashville hot chicken? Granted, never had the real deal only kfc ha.

I watched "Our Flag Means Death" and I've been watching "after Party". Can't watch too much drama stuff or thinky stuff, The entire world is too depressing. I may go watch The Batman but I don't have any high hopes for it.

For a very brief second I considered Bonaroo this year, alison Krause will be there, the chicks just announced a tour with a stop at Bonaroo but seriously...who are these people going to Bonaroo? 4 day pass is $350 and then you have to put your lodging and transportation on top of that. These are not the cheap hippie days you gotta be rich to attend! I couldn't go 4 days anyway and there's literally only 1 day with any line up I want to see so $350 way outta my ballpark.

Edited by nachomama
5 hours ago, nachomama said:

What are you trying to tell us Nashville? P-U! Is it wrong I don't like Nashville hot chicken? Granted, never had the real deal only kfc ha.

Just a spot of humor for the more -ah- GI-tract-sensitive among us. 😆 Me, I love the stuff - but only if it’s genuine Nashville hot, which is surprisingly difficult to find (and no, you’re not going to find it at KFC 😂).  
You want genuine Nashville hot, you have to come to Nashville.  
And go to Prince’s.  
Everything else is a pale imitation.

5 hours ago, nachomama said:

For a very brief second I considered Bonaroo this year, alison Krause will be there, the chicks just announced a tour with a stop at Bonaroo but seriously...who are these people going to Bonaroo? 4 day pass is $350 and then you have to put your lodging and transportation on top of that. These are not the cheap hippie days you gotta be rich to attend! I couldn't go 4 days anyway and there's literally only 1 day with any line up I want to see so $350 way outta my ballpark.

Manchester (Bonnaroo’s home town) is less than an hour down I-24 from where I live, and I’ve never been; ticket prices are (and IMHO always have been) effin’ ridiculous.  I can go a few hours up the road to Louisville KY and get 4 days of more bands at Louder Than Life for $100 less, AND there’s a much wider range of relatively affordable lodging in the immediate festival area.  Not so much the case with Manchester, which (prior to Bonnaroo anyway) was known primarily as being a really small country town with a really big meth problem, and meth industry; lots of abandoned farms means lots of abandoned barns to cook in - and blow up.

So how tempted would OooMaggie be to watch the new spinoff? I'm kinda waiting out the finale of TWD and it's taking forever but now I see Dead Island or some such and it's Maggie and Negan in 2023.

On 3/7/2022 at 1:20 PM, Nashville said:

I can go a few hours up the road to Louisville KY and get 4 days of more bands at Louder Than Life for $100 less, AND there’s a much wider range of relatively affordable lodging in the immediate festival area.

Speaking of which - the lineup for LTL 2022 just dropped today:  😎

LTL_2022.thumb.JPG.a903b35951d732516cade1e9538cce5c.JPG

Pardon my French, but - DAYUM!!!

• Love 4

I has questions...do you ever get your "leather lung" mixed up with your "green lung"? or your Green beard? honestly my favorite is Telekentic Yeti. '

Also who is in Alice in Chains now? I know old whatsisface done died. And is Kiss all of Kiss or 1 kiss?

If I had a band (or any musical talent whatsoever) my band name would be "Sinful Stench" or more formally "Sinful Stench in the Nostrils of the righteous" Superclam should be able to get that.

• LOL 3
On 3/8/2022 at 12:44 PM, nachomama said:

So how tempted would OooMaggie be to watch the new spinoff? I'm kinda waiting out the finale of TWD and it's taking forever but now I see Dead Island or some such and it's Maggie and Negan in 2023.

It honestly wouldn’t matter if she died in Ep1, I’d still watch it through, teary eyed obviously 😥. After enduring two years of World Beyond I feel it safe to say I will watch anything WD. More Maggie is obviously the best start to the year possible and I refuse to let my joy be lessened by you know who 😱.

Some good names above, I wonder how much deliberation went into Clutch and Helmet 🤔,  I’d be trademarking that Sinful Stench if I were you, Clutch might be looking to change 😁

55 minutes ago, nachomama said:

Also who is in Alice in Chains now? I know old whatsisface done died.

Layne Staley, their original lead singer?  That was something like 20 years ago.  Jerry Cantrell has been lead vocalist since around 2005. 

55 minutes ago, nachomama said:

And is Kiss all of Kiss or 1 kiss?

41 minutes ago, Superclam said:

There are 2 Kisses left. The other 2 wear the make-up, which is why I don't really want to see them. 

Half a KISS is better than none.  😁

Already got my tickets for all 4 days.

Has anyone tried sling tv? I'm thinking about cutting the cord and might give it the 3 day trial over the weekend. Now, my "smart" tv is kinda dumb, it's old enough that I can't get the sling app and it won't do the newest version of Hulu. I can play netflix on it and my firestick. My workaround for right now is I got a cheap tablet, if I can mirror that then I can play sling and hulu until I can afford me a new fancy tv. I don't want to have 95,000 subscriptions to every stupid app in the universe. Dont have amazon prime, no paramount+. Sling gives me what I think I want and I can supplement that with hulu and netflix and still come under budget.

I don't, but I'm thinking of changing what I have. I have cable, but Spectrum raised the price and cut a lot of channels when we got off the co-op plan. And this is the "introductory price" which means it'll go up in October. No one in the house watches cable except me. I watch stupid shows like Family Guy reruns that I could watch on Hulu. I have a lot of streaming channels that I either pay for or borrow from family. (Only Disney+/Hulu and HBO are worth it, imo.) 

We use a Roku on the tv, which works fine. I guess I'll get a smart TV eventually. 

I figure with kids you gotta have Disney+, I don't need that. and I'm not sure what the deal is with hbo max. Is it an actual channel in your tv lineup or only the app access? I call comcast customers on my night job and it's mostly older people who answer and they go on and on about how hbo max doesn't work for them. But I think they don't undertand that signing up for it isn't the same as it being a channel. I do call BS on that too because now there's nothing on regular HBO you have to have HBO max for the shows or movies. It was just a way for them to double their price if you already were an HBO customer.

My promotion thing is up too so if they don't keep it within the price range I'm just gonna drop tv. I have the absolute worst internet on the planet but it does allow me to work from home. Some streaming can be slow and a lot of buffering but we'll see if I upgrade. The tablet played Pam and Tommy pretty well last night

44 minutes ago, nachomama said:

I figure with kids you gotta have Disney+, I don't need that. and I'm not sure what the deal is with hbo max. Is it an actual channel in your tv lineup or only the app access?

HBO Max is a streaming channel just like Disney+. It's not available on a cable package. HBO is a cable channel. HBO Max has content from HBO, DC, Adult Swim, TCM, Cartoon Network, Studio Ghibli. If none of this appeals to you, don't get it. I think it's a lot of content for the price. 

Disney+ has Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and the Simpsons. If none of this appeals to you, don't get it. I think it's a lot of content for the price. You can add Hulu to that package for another $4 a month. 

To contrast, AMC+ has Walking Dead a week early and a few movies I'm not interested in. I got it for $25 for the year. It's barely worth it. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Superclam said:

To contrast, AMC+ has Walking Dead a week early and a few movies I'm not interested in. I got it for $25 for the year. It's barely worth it. 

My AMC+ is $9 a month. The original choice looked like it was between @6.99/month and $8.99/month - but on closer inspection of the smaller print, the $6.99/month was the monthly breakout of the $83.88 annual cost which they were going to take up front as soon as you clicked on that $6.99 button. Bastards. But still, they're getting my $8.99 a month because I don't have a TV, but I've watched TWD since S101, and I'm not giving it up now.

On the other hand, I'm watching the hell out of HBO Max: The Gilded Age, Our Mask is Death, Raised by Wolves (I love it so much!!!), and I just started The Tourist. I watch it on my old Macbook Air.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, maystone said:

My AMC+ is $9 a month. The original choice looked like it was between @6.99/month and $8.99/month - but on closer inspection of the smaller print, the $6.99/month was the monthly breakout of the $83.88 annual cost which they were going to take up front as soon as you clicked on that $6.99 button. Bastards. But still, they're getting my $8.99 a month because I don't have a TV, but I've watched TWD since S101, and I'm not giving it up now.

I'm sorry, can you quit and re-sign? I only signed up because of the deal. I looked through, and there's barely anything I want. It doesn't even have all the AMC shows. 

I borrow Paramount from a friend and I only watch the Star Trek stuff. I borrow Peacock from another friend and I just about never watch it. Amazon Prime has the Boys, and the kids like Netflix. 

Coincidentally, our cable promotional price just expired with Comcast.  We talked about cutting the cord, but the internet is so much more expensive if you don't have a bundle and we can't count on our cells all the time because we live down in a valley, so we keep a landline for emergencies.  And my mother.  

Probably the main reason we didn't cut the cord, because there is ONE channel that Mr. Max loves and usually falls asleep to.  What pissed me off is when I went to downgrade the package, the idiot told me I wouldn't lose anything but the movie channels that we rarely watched.  Well, wouldn't you know, we lost that one damn channel.  Called the next day and got it back.  For extra money, of course.

We pay for Amazon Prime and Netflix.  A friend bought me Disney+ for my birthday last year and I believe is buying it for me again this year.  

We did have every channel except Starz before I dropped the movie ones and HBO Max was free, since we had HBO in the cable package.  I think the only movie channel we have now is Epix.  

I really wish you could choose your own channels.  

• Love 1
On 3/10/2022 at 7:26 PM, Superclam said:

I'm sorry, can you quit and re-sign? I only signed up because of the deal. I looked through, and there's barely anything I want. It doesn't even have all the AMC shows.

Thanks, but it's all right. I'm going to cancel it at the end of the 2/3 run. As you said, there's nothing else worth the cost of hanging on to it.

So….  
About 3pm today it was clear sunny skies and 65 degrees F.  
Almost 8 hours later, it’s now 29 degrees and I have about an inch of snow on my front porch.  
Gotta love Tennessee.  🤪

• LOL 1
On 3/10/2022 at 6:26 PM, maystone said:

On the other hand, I'm watching the hell out of HBO Max: The Gilded Age, Our Mask is Death, Raised by Wolves (I love it so much!!!), and I just started The Tourist. I watch it on my old Macbook Air.

I like Gilded Age and I watched "Our flag means death" yesterday, it's the right kind of stupid I need. I will check out Raised by Wolves.

I found a workaround for my "stupid" tv. Since I can't add new apps, won't upgrade the hulu app and couldn't download the sling app. but duh, I have a firestick so just download those apps to the firestick so I can watch Hulu and Sling on the big tv. which makes the tablet kinda dumb but I do like it. If I do go Sling I lose my local channels which is a pain, not because I watch any local news but I don't want to go antanne for the abc, nbc, cbs but otherwise I think I can survive cutting the cord. Most network shows do show up on Hulu next day

• Love 2

from my phone the site never works it keeps the last thing I ever posted so I can't get rid of the quote thing but had to get the picture off my phone. My boss walked off and left a heater thing on the silk screen press and we nearly burned down. I knew I smelled smoke.. me and mama were kinda sniffing it down like bloodhounds but we were going in the wrong direction. There was a smoke alarm going off way down yonder in the silk screen room but we didn't hear it. Now we've got a big industrial fan blowing the smoke out of the building.

1 minute ago, nachomama said:

from my phone the site never works it keeps the last thing I ever posted so I can't get rid of the quote thing but had to get the picture off my phone. My boss walked off and left a heater thing on the silk screen press and we nearly burned down. I knew I smelled smoke.. me and mama were kinda sniffing it down like bloodhounds but we were going in the wrong direction. There was a smoke alarm going off way down yonder in the silk screen room but we didn't hear it. Now we've got a big industrial fan blowing the smoke out of the building.

Is THAT what that picture was?  I was going nuts trying to figure out the movie reference.  🤣💀

So I wonder now if our silk screen press will forever be an octopus with 1 leg missing? It's very old school, manual. If you've never seen one it's got 6-8 arms spinning out and you lift the screen and the shirt goes underneath and if you've got a bunch of colors you just spin to the next arm and the next color. You have the little heat press to dry the color quickly between spins. He walked off and left the heater on on top of one of the arms. It's probably wrong that I'm getting so much joy out of his mistake. Last Monday he screamed at me for 10 minutes about why I hadn't printed him the positives for this shirt. I'm useless if he has to come to me blah, blah blah... meanwhile he didn't touch the shirts for the next week. They're for St. Patrick's day so he has to have them done by Wednesday. He may have to wash the shirts before he hands them over because we all went home smelling like smoke and had black soot in our noses. Woulda been doubly hilarious if he'd ruined the shirts.

If you scratched Damien Hirst onto it you could flog it for 15 million 💰💰

Even without the signature some pretentious twat would still buy it for their ‘Loft’ 🙄

AA2FA51C-C2A9-4A40-B683-DE4F600AEDDB.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie

If I could sell it, I would. We have 2 of the earliest i-macs from the early 00's I think one of the original original teal color, 1 with a cd slot and one with slide out cd tray and a grey one. I have a flourescent green one at home and if any of you want to offer me $10,000 for our "museum" pieces, feel free.

My first day in the office today in 2 years.  I dressed too warmly, because I couldn't remember how the office regulated the temperature.  I was on my feet all day sorting two years worth of paper.  I got no real work done because even though departments are staggered as to who is working what days, every person that was in came to our area to "catch up."  I would have gotten more work done at home.  Sigh.

• Love 2

First St. Patrick's day back with a parade here...this is how it goes. A girl dropped her phone in a port-a-potty and paid a guy $50 to get it for her. There is no way on this planet I would EVER want that phone back. bye. not gonna happen.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

No way on this planet I would EVER go to the St. Patrick's parade here. 

Hell, I try not to leave my house around the parade day.  And St. Patrick's day.

My St. Patrick’s Day routine used to involve taking the entire day off work and spending it at McNamara’s.  Been doing that since the place first opened, but COVID buttfucked that tradition into oblivion for two years running.  🤬🤬🤬

This year was my first chance to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day properly in a while - so, of course, guess who can’t get off work…?

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

On 3/17/2022 at 8:34 PM, madmax said:

Hell, I try not to leave my house around the parade day.  And St. Patrick's day.

I also do not want to go anywhere near the parade. However since we don’t take off work and we are surrounded by the parade. The porta potty story was relayed to me by first time parade goers. 
dropping your phone in paint isn’t dirty though…I would retrieve it although I’m sure it’s done for. I have dropped a phone in my drink, it dead. I washed a phone, it dead. Forgot I left it in my apron. I also washed my cat… he liked sitting in the front loader washing machine..I rescued him he barely got wet. He lived. 

Edited by nachomama

Since we're talking about how dumb I am...Had a tree guy come look at some branches that are coming over my shed from the neighbor's yard. I just want about 3 feet clearance so they're not whacking the top of my shed. So he immediately says
" I cant' do nothing with this" You are a tree guy and you don't have a ladder or a pole saw? So I purchased a pole saw ...which I'm thinking ends badly for me. Althought I've got a guy coming to look again today so hopefully I can just return it. Because youknowwho (me) once cut through a 100 foot extension cord and then immediately the next week cut through the replacement extension cord. So extension cords...feet...fingers pretty sure all in danger if you give me a 10 foot saw

• LOL 1