Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

I binged an entire season of a british crime drama, "Stay Close" it was highly recommended on netflix. Only 8 episodes and I must say virtually anything James Nesbitt does I'm game for. Against my better judgement I have been watching Yellowstone. Now, see, I hate Kevin Costner with a white hot passion that I can't explain and this show actually leans into that. His character is mostly a jerk with big money. I want to watch 1883 which is a spinoff, a prequel, the Dutton family with how they started the ranch and that is of course because of Sam Elliott. Sincerely, you'll have to lock me up if/when Sam Elliott dies because I love him with every fiber of my being. I cannot stand Roadhouse because YOU DON'T KILL DOGS OR SAM ELLIOTT. PERIOD, FULL STOP. PER-EE-OT!

I am up for another Titan go.

• Love 4
On 1/5/2022 at 9:46 PM, madmax said:

My co-worker had one land in the hood of her car last New Year's Eve.Β  Since she wasn't really going out, she didn't discover it until about a week later.

You don’t know how lucky you are to live in a country where you can find a bullet in your car’s bonnet πŸ˜”

• Love 1

It loses something sans moustache. Virtually no one else in the world I vote mustache for.

You know who else I like? Tom Skerritt. I have no idea why. Just love him, from Drum in Steel Magnolias to Maverick's flight instructor in Top Gun to Alien guy. Freaking love Tom Skerritt.

But you can shove Kevin Costner, Nic Cage uhhh can't remember anyone else off the top of my head but they are big nope from me.

Β 

6 hours ago, nachomama said:

It loses something sans moustache. Virtually no one else in the world I vote mustache for.

He didn't have his moustache when he did an arc on Justified and it was really hard to watch him.Β  I would close my eyes when he talked and picture him with the 'stache

15 hours ago, madmax said:

He didn't have his moustache when he did an arc on Justified and it was really hard to watch him.Β  I would close my eyes when he talked and picture him with the 'stache

I need to watch Justified, I caught part of the last season, liked it but I need to back up and watch from beginning.

I did watch first ep of 1883 last night. It still stands, I love Sam Elliott.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, nachomama said:

I need to watch Justified, I caught part of the last season, liked it but I need to back up and watch from beginning.

Oh, do.Β  It is really an awesome show.Β  And Timothy Olyphant is mighty fine to look at.

13 hours ago, nachomama said:

I did watch first ep of 1883 last night. It still stands, I love Sam Elliott.

We watched that the other day, thought it was pretty good.Β  So we set the DVR to record it, since itΒ shows up a few weeks later on CMT.Β  No need to pay for Paramount+.

• Love 1

I've watched all 4 now and I do like it although I wanna give the daughter a huge smack upside the head.

I went to get a covid test yesterday. I do not think I have covid. I have nothing but a tickle in my throat. No fever, no aches, not even a consistent cough. I can smell and taste. This is literally caution because the boss man's gf tested positive and he could have carried it here. Today he's quizzing me on who I've talked to and what I've touched etc. I said if you want me to stay home I will until I get a result. I wore an n95 mask for the time I was here yesterday, didn't really answer the door for the mailman or whoever. we are not a public company as in no strangers really come by. I stay in my office and try not to spread my germs. On the day his gf tested positive he was not wearing a mask, he did not stay home (for our safety) he says he took his temperature 5 times a day and as long as you don't have a fever you are not contagious. (I do not have a temp either) IF I GOT IT, I GOT IT FROM HIM but he thinks I'm the risk. he sat next to his 83 year old mother at the computer to order tshirts with no mask on the day the gf tested positive. He does not have the moral high ground on precaution.

Pretty much my entire office has or has had COVID. I sit in a row of 12 people, 7 of them have been out at various times because of COVID, including 5 now. The office is like "yeah, come in unless you have a positive test." They do testing on site, but it takes 5 days for results. How many people can I infect in 5 days? Stay tuned to find out!Β 

27 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Pretty much my entire office has or has had COVID. I sit in a row of 12 people, 7 of them have been out at various times because of COVID, including 5 now. The office is like "yeah, come in unless you have a positive test." They do testing on site, but it takes 5 days for results. How many people can I infect in 5 days? Stay tuned to find out!Β 

I feel like the infection rate of this (omicron?) strain is much higher, like it seemed to surge so fast...but maybe less deadly? Maybe because people are more vaccinated? I'm not downplaying how fucked up it is that everyone is just like "whatever, show up". I'm not saying ME showing up to work is a good thing or I have the moral high ground on anyone but him. If I have it, he gave it to me. So don't go trying to blame me for your mom when you were exposed first.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I can't control anyone else, but I blame you for all current and future issues I have with my mother.Β 

I'm sure that's fair. I'm also responsible for world peace but you know I slept through the seminar so we are fucked.

• LOL 2
15 minutes ago, nachomama said:

I'm sure that's fair. I'm also responsible for world peace but you know I slept through the seminar so we are fucked.

If you're also responsible for disease prevention, you have made a big, big mistake.Β 

• LOL 1

Yes, all me, good thing we is anonymous! Actually, if you think about it...who goes to all the countries in the world? who is inside every single house in the whole wide world? SANTA! That bitch did all this! He was in there licking all the cookies and carrots and whatnot, just drenched in germs and he aint wearing no mask just that dumb beard.

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, nachomama said:

I've watched all 4 now and I do like it although I wanna give the daughter a huge smack upside the head.

I went to get a covid test yesterday. I do not think I have covid. I have nothing but a tickle in my throat. No fever, no aches, not even a consistent cough. I can smell and taste.Β 

Yeah, we watched two episodes and I've found her VERY irritating.Β  Not that I believe in corporal punishment, but in her case, I'll make an exception.

Omicron spreads like wildfire, but the good thing is it isn't as deadly, even for non-vaccinated, and you typically don't lose taste and smell.Β  All I had was what felt like a very bad head cold, my youngest had a sore throat and some congestion and my husband had some congestion and body aches.

10 hours ago, Superclam said:

It kills me how long it takes to get results.Β  And some employers now want you at work regardless.Β  I miss our old office manager who would send you home with the sniffles.Β  She'd never allow you in the office now.Β  This new one actually accuses you of faking it if you're sick on a Monday.Β  The one employee that is required to be there daily actually went in when he home-tested positive for COVID because he had been on vacation and didn't want her to accuse him of faking it on the day he was due back in, Monday.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:59 AM, nachomama said:

I feel like the infection rate of this (omicron?) strain is much higher, like it seemed to surge so fast...but maybe less deadly? Maybe because people are more vaccinated? I'm not downplaying how fucked up it is that everyone is just like "whatever, show up". I'm not saying ME showing up to work is a good thing or I have the moral high ground on anyone but him. If I have it, he gave it to me. So don't go trying to blame me for your mom when you were exposed first.

You’re not wrong. Β According to the current numbers, Omicron is somewhere around 2-4xΒ more contagious than Delta - BUT Omicron tends to hang out more in the upper respiratory system, with a much lower incidence of deep lung involvement (and theΒ lethality associated with that). Β Most victims describe it as akin to a bad cold, or a case of the flu.

Another interesting trade-off factoid: the Omicron mutation/variant demonstratesΒ a significant antigen shift from earlier variants, which is why the current vaccines have a decreased effect upon it - BUT once you’ve had Omicron, the antibodies generated by your body to fight Omicron’s expanded antigen range also serve to give you significantly more immune system protection against all the other known COVID variants as well.

Caveat: IANAD

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

That only took a million and a half years but I do not have the COVID’s. Didn’t really think I did but caution. So now I can go cough in public and say β€œnot Covid” or go troll anti maskers and tell them it is Covid.Β 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nachomama said:

That only took a million and a half years but I do not have the COVID’s. Didn’t really think I did but caution. So now I can go cough in public and say β€œnot Covid” or go troll anti maskers and tell them it is Covid.Β 

I vote for the latter.Β 

So everyday I get an email from my 7 year old's school saying "she's been exposed to COVID!! Here's a test!!"

Then we have to jam a swab up that poor kid's nose. She's had about 5 this week.Β 

At this point I’d about be ready to go out and catch a case of omicron, if only for the antibody bump. Β 
Reckon I could just get out in a crowd and start licking random strangers, but last time I did that people got REAL pissed….

• LOL 1
On 12/6/2021 at 3:56 PM, Nashville said:

Some friends and I caught Lilith Czar / Halestorm / Evanescence at the Bridgestone Arena Friday night.Β 

Back to an old post, but Halestorm & Evanescence are coming to a venue here.Β  Wouldn't mind seeing them, but the venue is total shit.Β  Former (maybe current, I don't know, don't follow the sport) basketball arena so the acoustics totally suck.Β  Saw Godsmack and Shinedown there and I think it was the worst concert I've ever been to, and I was at Ozzfest where a drunk threw up on my shoes.

Come to think of it, I've seen Godsmack 3 times and none of them were good shows.Β  Not the fault of Godsmack, but the venues and the other artists on the bill.

4 hours ago, madmax said:

Back to an old post, but Halestorm & Evanescence are coming to a venue here.Β  Wouldn't mind seeing them, but the venue is total shit.Β  Former (maybe current, I don't know, don't follow the sport) basketball arena so the acoustics totally suck.Β  Saw Godsmack and Shinedown there and I think it was the worst concert I've ever been to, and I was at Ozzfest where a drunk threw up on my shoes.

Come to think of it, I've seen Godsmack 3 times and none of them were good shows.Β  Not the fault of Godsmack, but the venues and the other artists on the bill.

That sucks; I’ve seen Godsmack live a couple of times at Bridgestone Arena (where the Nashville Predators play, and it still has great acoustics), and they’ve always done a kickass show.

BTW - I already have tickets to two back-to-back shows at Bridgestone in May:

• May 6: Megadeth/Lamb of God/Trivium/In Flames
  • May7: Deftones/Gojira

Reckon I better go ahead and start stocking up on vitamin B12….

ETA: Extra exciting, both of these, because both represent reschedules ofΒ COVID cancellations - and both ofΒ which I’d had tickets for.  😁

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

That sucks; I’ve seen Godsmack live a couple of times at Bridgestone Arena (where the Nashville Predators play, and it still has great acoustics), and they’ve always done a kickass show.

The shows themselves were kick-ass for sure, but the sound.Β  Ugh.Β  Best one of them was when they opened for Metallica, but apparently Metallica didn't want to be upstaged by them and Godsmack's sound was turned way down.

I haven't seen a concert in the new arena yet - no one I want to see bad enough - but I've heard the sound there is good.Β  A lot of the venues around here aren't that great.Β  Best place for a concert here is the Carnegie Music Hall in Homestead, which is an old time auditorium, with fixed seats (with cushions!).Β  Acoustics are fantastic.Β  I've seen Sully Erna solo there and Aaron Lewis from Staind twice, before he went totally country.Β  The first Aaron Lewis concert was the best one I have ever seen.

We have not had a good venue here ever. Now they’re building one and we’ve got the eagles. BonΒ jovi etc coming. But the tickets are twice and three times as much as the nearest. I’ve been going to Atlanta. Charleston and Jacksonville for years to see good stuff and if you’re gonna charge me 3x I might as well still go to Atlanta. And who knows when the rescheduling will stop. I had tickets for Chris Stapleton in 2020 and took me 6 months to get my money back. (They didn’t reschedule the Atlanta date)Β 

We are not lacking in venues here. For me, I am still way too paranoid to think about going to a show. I went to a bar (well 3 bars) a couple months ago, but not when it was Covid central. My last show was December 2019, right before the shit hit the fan.Β 

There's a doom/stoner fest near me in April. It's 3 days, but if they sell one day passes I might go.Β 

I've been to one concert since COVID hit, but it was during a downswing, so I was okay with going.Β  It was a small venue, sound was OK, but it was a good show, Delta Rae.Β  I've seen them twice and they're good live.

• Love 1

One great thing about living in Nashville: a metric shit-ton of venues with excellent acoustics.  😁   
One significantΒ exception isΒ Nissan Stadium;Β sports venues are generallyΒ designed for maximum noise reflection/amplification, though, so faulting it for poor acoustics is more than a little apples-and-orangesΒ unrealistic.

• Love 1

No idea how great our new arena will be for acoustics, we're gonna have a semi pro hockey team. I can get behind that. I live right behind the baseball stadium and never go because it's too hot. Hockey? indoors! heated or air conditioned whichever the need may be. Here's what is stupid, the old civic center has a capacity for 9600, which seems like a lot but obviously not for people in NYC or bigger cities. We always thought that was why we never get big acts. Oddly Elton John would come play here fairly routinely but he lived in Atlanta I think it was a weekend gig for him. The new arena isn't any bigger...so why? But I think that's why the tickets are so high for Eagles and Bon Jovi, they can't sell more so they have to sell higher. Greenville, SC is comparable but they seat 15,000 and tickets are 1/3

For some reason I'm watching "the Witcher".

• Love 1
On 1/15/2022 at 11:45 PM, Nashville said:

One great thing about living in Nashville: a metric shit-ton of venues with excellent acoustics.  😁   
One significantΒ exception isΒ Nissan Stadium;Β sports venues are generallyΒ designed for maximum noise reflection/amplification, though, so faulting it for poor acoustics is more than a little apples-and-orangesΒ unrealistic.

Yeah, I've seen 3 shoes at the enormous Giants Stadium: the Who, the Dead, and Paul McCartney.Β 

The Who & the Dead were terrible. Could barely hear a thing. Maybe it was the sound guy, or our seats, but McCartney was great live. I was not expecting that.Β 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Yeah, I've seen 3 shoes at the enormous Giants Stadium: the Who, the Dead, and Paul McCartney.Β 

The Who & the Dead were terrible. Could barely hear a thing. Maybe it was the sound guy, or our seats, but McCartney was great live. I was not expecting that.Β 

Part of me wants to see a really big show like that, for the experience of it. But even the smaller shows I've been to, you can't see anything and the sound might be for shit. I rely on the big projection screens to see anything so you might as well be watching at home, if the sound is crap.

Whats the most disappointed you've ever been? I was at some kind of "group" thing, wasn't Lilith Fair but a bunch of female acts ....and then Ben Folds. Why? I have no idea. The Indigo Girls, Dixie Chicks, Alison Krauss among others. Those were who I was there for. Ben Folds had 1 song, wasn't interested in him in the slightest. The weather wasn't great it was a semi-outdoors thing where you might be under covered seating (we were) but some were out on the lawn. I wanna say Raleigh, NC, anywho. They announce Ben Folds won't be playing because his piano got damaged in transit. I get it, you have YOUR instrument. I'm sure there are things about it, settings what not that make it preferable. I didn't see why he couldn't play for the 2-3 song set he was supposed to play with a borrowed piano. I know how people bring out new guitars for artists for different songs because they require different things. There were no less than 4 pianos on that stage. I think if you said "lets do this acoustic because my piano got damaged" or whatever the equivalent of piano speak is, everybody woulda been happy. I'm not sure why it didn't sit well with me, like the "show must go on" doesn't apply to you? I've heard many stories of super divas like Barbra Streisand and Mariah Carey still going on in pouring rain or keepin on while the lights went out or whatever catastrophe. He came out for the encore where everybody got together and he shook a tambourine or something. Maybe he was mad they damaged his piano?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, nachomama said:

Whats the most disappointed you've ever been?

Surprisingly, Nirvana. I was a big fan before Nevermind came out, grunge really spoke to me in 1990. They weren't terrible, they were just lackluster.Β 

The Cult opening for Metallica were kind of dull also.Β 

I forgot I also saw Metallica and Guns and Roses at Giants Stadium, G&R were mediocre by that point.Β 

1 hour ago, nachomama said:

Whats the most disappointed you've ever been?

That would be a tie:

• Billy Idol - Carolina Rebellion 2018, Concord NC (Charlotte Motor Speedway). Β Think the drugs have destroyed most of Billy’s long-term memory; who forgetsΒ the lyrics to their own songs that they’ve been singing for the past 40-ishΒ years?
  • Guns β€˜N Roses - Louder Than Life 2019,Β Louisville KY (KY Expo Center). Β Axl should’ve retired about 10 years (and 50 lbs)Β ago; he doesn’t have the voice OR the moves any more, but he refuses to acknowledge the loss of either.

I thought of including Machine Gun Kelly’s Epicenter 2019 appearance - I think I’ve told that story here before - but it’s hard to classify MGK as a β€œdisappointment” because (a) I had zero expectations of him anyway, and (b) his spoiled-brat antics onstage became entertaining in and of themselves. Β πŸ˜†

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I thought of including Machine Gun Kelly’s Epicenter 2019 appearance - I think I’ve told that story here before - but it’s hard to classify MGK as a β€œdisappointment” because (a) I had zero expectations of him anyway, and (b) his spoiled-brat antics onstage became entertaining in and of themselves. Β πŸ˜†

Anyone who goes to see Machine Gun Kelly deserves what they get. I have no sympathy. 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Anyone who goes to see Machine Gun Kelly deserves what they get. I have no sympathy. 😁

Bite your tongue, I didn’t go to see it! πŸ˜†. MeΒ and a few (thousand) others were waiting for Rob Zombie’s set to start, and MGK was performing on the next adjacent stage. Β It’s not MY fault our alcoholic asses could sing better than him - or louder, at least. Β Hell - he had an entire amplified sound stage backing up his vocals; all we had was alcohol, Delta 8, and Neil Diamond on Muzak.

Edited by Nashville
Expansion
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, nachomama said:

Whats the most disappointed you've ever been?Β 

For me, the aforementioned Godsmack/Shinedown concert.Β  It was my second time seeing them and I was hoping it would be better than the last, but it was not.Β  Shitty venue.

Second place would be both times I saw Seether.Β  Again, shitty venue, but a different one than the Godsmack concert.Β  The sound was distorted both times.

Edited by madmax
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’m honestly not that oldΒ but who the hellΒ is machine gun Kelly?Β 

OMG YOU DON'T KNOW??!! It's Megan Fox's fiance, they drank each other's blood. Sheesh it's like whatevenareyou?

^ facetious. Facetiousicm? faciitis?

Edited by nachomama
  • LOL 4
24 minutes ago, nachomama said:

they drank each other's blood.

I thought that was old Billy Bob, Megan Fox? ……….no seriously πŸ€”I’ve just looked her up and I’m still none the wiser 😢

Β 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’m honestly not that oldΒ but who the hellΒ is machine gun Kelly?Β 

A card-carrying member of the Lackatalent tribe;Β what MHK missesΒ in talent, he tries to compensate for with shit-stirring. Β He started out in rap and had actually built a decent following before getting into a Twitter and diss war with Eminem, who annihilated him so badly MGK quit the entire rap genre. Β MGK has beenΒ trying toΒ buildΒ a new career in almost-metal rock,Β but he apparently has impulse control issues; wasn’t long at all before heΒ reached back into his old bag of tricks and tried starting up some shit with Corey Taylor, theΒ lead singer of Slipknot. Β TaylorΒ in turnΒ decimated MGK so thoroughly on the rock scene that MGK got booed off the stage at last year’s Louder Than Life (America’s biggest rock festival of the year).

I think bookies are taking bets on which genre MGK will try next.Β I think he oughta give gospel a shot. Β πŸ˜†

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, nachomama said:

Any of you people wordle? I tried it today.Β 

I don't, but I'm thinking about it. I like word games, and it's half my facebook feed.Β 

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

A card-carrying member of the Lackatalent tribe;Β what MHK missesΒ in talent, he tries to compensate for with shit-stirring. Β He started out in rap and had actually built a decent following before getting into a Twitter and diss war with Eminem, who annihilated him so badly MGK quit the entire rap genre. Β MGK has beenΒ trying toΒ buildΒ a new career in almost-metal rock,Β but he apparently has impulse control issues; wasn’t long at all before heΒ reached back into his old bag of tricks and tried starting up some shit with Corey Taylor, theΒ lead singer of Slipknot. Β TaylorΒ in turnΒ decimated MGK so thoroughly on the rock scene that MGK got booed off the stage at last year’s Louder Than Life (America’s biggest rock festival of the year).

I think bookies are taking bets on which genre MGK will try next.Β I think he oughta give gospel a shot. Β πŸ˜†

You left out "nailing Meghan Fox."Β 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Superclam said:

You left out "nailing Meghan Fox."Β 

I was sticking with distinguishing characteristics.

ETA: That’s just me being snarky; frankly, I couldn’t pick Meghan Fox out of a lineup if my life depended on it. Β My knowledge of her relationship history equates to precisely zero.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

I couldn’t pick Meghan Fox out of a lineup if my life depended on it. Β My knowledge of her relationship history equates to precisely zero.

If you were ever tasked with identifying her body in the apocalypse she has weird thumbs. Not sure if "hammer thumbs" is a term but she's got weird stunted thumbs. Now you know....The REST of the story. <--anyone get that? anyone? Bueller?

• LOL 2