Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

Some friends and I caught Lilith Czar / Halestorm / Evanescence at the Bridgestone Arena Friday night.  For our post-concert wind-down we went to a little hole-in-the-wall bar with a Led Zeppelin cover band playing, and Johnny Depp popped up in the crowd.  He and I share the same taste in hats.  😎

Edited by Nashville
Depp, not Depo - stupid autocorrect
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, nachomama said:

Next time you run into Johnny depp, Please ask him why the cologne commercisks are so frikkin weird. 

Sure - just as soon as you name a cologne commercial made within the last decade or so which isn’t frikkin weird.  😁

• LOL 1

This is so true! But the likely hood of you running into Charlize Theron are slim. Natalie Portman over there throwing herself off of bridges etc "what did you ever do for love?" NOT BE A CRAZY PSYCHOPATH? Does the perfume smell like crazy? cuz you cray cray girlfren

• LOL 2

Today we ordered sangwiches to be delivered. An hour goes by and we're all "hey where's the samiches? Dude says I'll check where my driver at. He gets back to us says the driver delivered them, told me to check with others in the building perhaps. There's 3 people we knew none of us answered the door. Drivers says "there was a lady outside waiting for them" dude just gave our sangwiches to a rando! There is a charity across teh street that does have a soup kitchen several days a week. Perhaps he was over there? Perhaps one of the people from there was sitting on our stoop waiting out the rain and thought someone came across the street for her???

so another hour later we got our sambitches. Every day is an adventure!

• LOL 3

My youngest son will be home on leave on Tuesday for a nice long holiday break. Great, right?

Well, my oldest son thinks he has COVID and just got a test today that won't give him the results for 2-5 business days.  WTF?  Why aren't these places doing a rapid test, especially now?

So potentially a really depressing Christmas.

Friend of mine had to drop out of a Christmas party because she’s a court reporter and some idiot kept calling saying she’s 10 minutes away 10 minutes away. Eventually showed up 4 hours late full blown Covid. My friend has been super cautious. She’s worked from home over zoom mostly. Big time with her masks etc. boosted etc. she woke up yesterday with sore throat and headache. Gonna get a test. But still how did this one witness get away with that? She could have said Covid and done zoom. 

8 hours ago, Superclam said:

She went to a party knowing she has Covid??? That's special. 

No. She did NOT go. She was the victim of the witness who did show up to a deposition with Covid. She bailed on the party in case she was compromised. She felt better today but no she stayed home to protect any of us that might be compromised. I just think the system should have protected her. If a witness shows up, at don’t care how long you waited, if that person Admits they had Covid everybody should call it off. 

• Love 2

The son of a friend of mine HAD to go see the new Spiderman movie and went to the theater with COVID.  He said he was double masked, but still so fucking irresponsible and ignorant.

My son tried to get a rapid test at a Med Express, they were all booked up all day.  Ran to CVS and got him a home rapid test.  He tested positive.  Gonna be a fun Christmas.

Luckily, his roommate, who is also my niece, tested negative, so at least half the family Christmas won't suck.

2 hours ago, madmax said:

The son of a friend of mine HAD to go see the new Spiderman movie and went to the theater with COVID.  He said he was double masked, but still so fucking irresponsible and ignorant.

He tested positive.  

Seriously!?!? Spider-Man? I guess as an introvert I’m the opposite of everyone. I’m all yippy skippy about NOT going into stores. Or NOT going to the movie theater to watch Spider-Man. There’s literally nothing stopping anyone frim seeing it from their home. Legally or illegally. I prefer to NOT see it with big crowds not especially for Covid but just those jerks who bring babies. Are people so ready to rush back out there? Sick people heading to theaters or even court. It makes no sense. 
hope the holidays are as good as can be. 

• Love 2

My son's boss texted him to say that since he's vaccinated, he can come to work when he's symptom free.  So even though he hasn't had his official test results yet and is pretty much symptom free, 5 days after symptoms appeared, he wants him back to work.

My son told him he would follow CDC guidelines because he doesn't want to get anyone else sick.

This is contributing to the mess we are in.

Caught a preview of the Matrix movie

Spoiler

cant believe Neo died!

That's just to f*ck with maggie. hahahahahahha

Spoiler

I did not see the new matrix so I have no idea, I just know he's exited.

bet you can't resist!

Edited by nachomama
  • LOL 2

Even though there were more people in the stable than are on the forum, to those that persevere I hope you all have a very……….

🍺🥂🔥🤶💋😁🥳🌟❄️🎄🎁🍻🍖🍾☃️🎅🏻

image.jpeg.21cffdbba1841a3858ad4a5be65d4dd3.jpeg

🎅🏻☃️🍾🍖🍻🎁🎄❄️🌟🥳😁💋🤶🔥🥂🍺

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So Monday I go in to my dentist’s office for what’s supposed to be a simple 6-month checkup/cleaning, but in the process they find out I am apparently having issues with cavities trying to start up under the edges of a couple of molar crowns - one on each side of my lower jaw. Removal/replacement of each of the involved crowns will be required.  
The dentist asks me if I’d like to get both crowns done at the same time, or stagger them out so I’ll have one good side to chew on at a time.  Personally I’m kinda addicted to the whole eating thing, yaknow, so you can guess my answer - until, that is…

1. Even in-network, the price for both crowns will be more than I spent on my Titans season tickets this year.
  2. The practice’s business office also took this opportunity to notify me they were leaving my supplemental dental insurance’s PPO network starting Jan. 1 of next year.
  3. The out-of-network charge to me for this procedure will be something like 2.5x the in-network charge.
  4. Initially the dentist didn’t have any available appointments this side of the new year, but during the course of the cleaning he was notified an appointment scheduled for the next day (Tuesday) had just cancelled.

…so instead of getting this stuff spread out a little, I spent 2-1/2 hours Tuesday in The Chair getting both crowns removed, the underlying teeth fixed and temporary crowns inserted - on both sides of my jaw, at the same time - so I could get all this shit charged off at the in-network rate.
Today was the first time in two days I could tolerate chewing anything semi-solid.

Merry frikkin Christmas.

I had an exceedingly boring christmas which translates into a good christmas. Went to dinner xmas eve. fancy desserts with ruby red grapefruit curd. Never heard of such a thing but it was darn tasty. I enjoy curds! I ate a quail which made me feel bad cuz he had such tiny little legs it felt like I was eating a baby.

• Love 1

I had chinese on christmas day and this week I'm making MY rice crispy treats. MARSHMALLOW IS DISGUSTING AND MUST NOT SHOW IT'S FACE IN MY HOME. Thusly my rice crispy treats are made with peanut butter, brown sugar, coconut and covered in chocolate this year for a treat some butterscotch ones.

The only good marshmallow is one who is blackened like a cajun thingy. and I squeeze out its guts and just eat his crispy husk.

Edited by nachomama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, nachomama said:

The only good marshmallow is one who is blackened like a cajun thingy. and I squeeze out its guts and just eat his crispy husk.

If it weren’t for the age difference, I’d swear we might’ve dated back in college….

• LOL 4
On 12/27/2021 at 3:40 PM, nachomama said:

I had chinese on christmas day and this week I'm making MY rice crispy treats. MARSHMALLOW IS DISGUSTING AND MUST NOT SHOW IT'S FACE IN MY HOME. Thusly my rice crispy treats are made with peanut butter, brown sugar, coconut and covered in chocolate this year for a treat some butterscotch ones.

Thanks for the idea!  I will do mind with maple sirup,  kind of based on this:
https://thebigmansworld.com/peanut-butter-rice-crispy-treats/#recipe

• Love 1

Christmas was postponed a day so that my son would be out of the 10 day window from when he first had COVID symptoms.   Christmas Eve with the in-laws was postponed to New Year's Eve.

So Boxing Day/Christmas went great, but yesterday, Mr. Max tested positive for COVID, so New Christmas Eve is out.  Luckily neither my younger son, who's on leave from the Marines this week, nor myself have tested positive, but I'm sure it's a matter of time.

We did Japanese for Thanksgiving one year.  We were the only ones in the joint.

Edited by madmax
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, heisenberg said:

Thanks for the idea!  I will do mind with maple sirup,  kind of based on this:
https://thebigmansworld.com/peanut-butter-rice-crispy-treats/#recipe

That’s pretty much exactly it but I do toss in things to make it unhealthy. Some mom in kindergarten came to make these with us and she used cornflakes. We just opted for rice crispies and boom been making this stuff for umpteen years. Melt some chocolate chips on top and this year gonna swirl a few butterscotch. 

• Love 2

Now I have COVID, as well as my younger son.  Hubby is still recovering.  Luckily, I don't feel much worse than a bad cold.  Same with my son.  Hubby felt more flu like.  Brother-in-law got it and was vomiting.  Niece got it and lost taste and smell.  These symptoms are all over the place.

The good side to being sick is sitting my ass on the couch and watching a bunch of stuff.  Caught the new Matrix movie, not bad.  Watched a newer Jake Gyllenhaal movie, it was OK.  Just binged both seasons of Spaced.  Still love that one.

• Love 1
On 12/31/2021 at 10:35 PM, madmax said:

Now I have COVID, as well as my younger son.  Hubby is still recovering.  Luckily, I don't feel much worse than a bad cold.  Same with my son.  Hubby felt more flu like.  Brother-in-law got it and was vomiting.  Niece got it and lost taste and smell.  These symptoms are all over the place

Hopefully you're all on the upswing. My friend Marcy's sister and husband both got it so the kids came to stay with her while they quarantined. I do not recall if they got it back when the whole family got it last summer.

Felt like winnie the pooh and the blustery night last night, there were tornado warnings, don't think we actually got one but holy crap it was loud all night. I went to bed early (for me) and a loud thud woke me up like 12:23 and I did a casual flashlight check to see if there was a tree limb down on my roof or garage/shed roof. Saw nothing, saw nothing this morning. Could have been neighbor's roof but it was a solid ka-thunk. the rest of the night just scrapes on the roof and squeaking and whistling. I know I was up at 12:23, 3:52 and fivish. That's what I get for trying to be bright-eyed and bushy tailed

I really had no hope for 2022 since I firmly believe we are living in the apocalypse but they friggin killed Betty White.

14 hours ago, nachomama said:

Hopefully you're all on the upswing. My friend Marcy's sister and husband both got it so the kids came to stay with her while they quarantined. I do not recall if they got it back when the whole family got it last summer.

Thanks!  Still feel like I have a horrible cold, hubby is still a bit achy.  My son had to extend his leave to quarantine here instead of on base.  Which is good, because I get to have him home a few more days, but bad, because that's less leave he has later in the year.

New Year's Day, a meteor apparently broke up in the atmosphere and we got a loud boom and a bit of house shaking.  I didn't feel the house shake, not like I did when the tree fell on the roof, but the others did.

3 hours ago, madmax said:

New Year's Day, a meteor apparently broke up in the atmosphere and we got a loud boom and a bit of house shaking.  I didn't feel the house shake, not like I did when the tree fell on the roof, but the others did.

And to think my wife was fussing about the noise from fireworks….

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

And to think my wife was fussing about the noise from fireworks….

dude! what is the deal with fireworks? They started like 5:30 and kept up til the middle of the night. I don't have pets that go crazy but seriously...wtf? Did everybody and their brother buy an entire armory?

Speaking of meteors, I watched the "don't look up" movie which to me was billed as a comedy....screw you. I don't wanna watch that on friggin New Years! I watched "seeking a friend for the end of the world" once and it got me as well, Steve Carell SUPPOSED TO BE A COMEDY NOT SUPPOSED TO TRIGGER MY INNER FEARS. Lord have mercy.

• Love 1

Fireworks are illegal in New York, so of course everyone has them. Some were set off on Christmas and NYE, but it wasn't that bad. 

Summer of 2020, everybody was blowing stuff up all night for a few months. THAT was annoying. 

We often go to Michigan to visit my m-i-l around the 4th of July. It sounds like warfare from the 3rd through the 5th. 

On another note, walking an extra 16 blocks in 20 degree weather this morning because someone jumped in front of the train was 

Kevin Abstract GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

So the douchebag I work for went to a football game in Miami recently, with his ex girlfriend who is I guess his girlfriend again. any guesses as to what might be ensuing? Yep she's got covid. He had it previously but obviously they're telling him to stay away from his 83 year old mother. so help me dog if I get covid because of your stupid girlfriend and stupid football...I can't even summon the revenge I may inflect. I'm buying a lottery ticket and if I win, mariachi music 24/7 at his house. I will buy all the property surrounding him and I'll lure his bees away. (I won't hurt the bees they're endangered) but I will coax them with better flowers or some shit. He got it before and walked around here a week before we knew.

19 hours ago, nachomama said:

dude! what is the deal with fireworks? They started like 5:30 and kept up til the middle of the night. I don't have pets that go crazy but seriously...wtf? Did everybody and their brother buy an entire armory?

In this neck of the woods we invariably have a problem with some of the more “preserved” (or should I say “pickled”?) members of the populace; when they run out of fireworks, they break out the firearms to keep the good times rolling.  Apparently the notion those bullets have to land somewhere never really impinges on whatever thought processes they’re still capable of maintaining.  🙄

19 hours ago, nachomama said:

Speaking of meteors, I watched the "don't look up" movie which to me was billed as a comedy....screw you. I don't wanna watch that on friggin New Years! I watched "seeking a friend for the end of the world" once and it got me as well, Steve Carell SUPPOSED TO BE A COMEDY NOT SUPPOSED TO TRIGGER MY INNER FEARS. Lord have mercy.

I still plan to watch it, if for no other reason than I’ll watch all things Jennifer Lawrence.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

they break out the firearms to keep the good times rolling.  Apparently the notion those bullets have to land somewhere never really impinges on whatever thought processes they’re still capable of maintaining.  🙄

I still plan to watch it, if for no other reason than I’ll watch all things Jennifer Lawrence.

Indeed, it's the landing of the bullets that bothers me, one landed in my roof. I have this massive leak in my entry way and can't figure out why. roofy man inspects and finds a perfectly round hole straight through shingles, plywood basically an open door to my house, he shoved a piece of tin under and solved the problem but still, jackwagon, you fired a bullet into my house! Coulda been straight into my sleeping face.

The movie is still good, still has comedic moments, I think it's a good collaboration of people. Just not what I needed to see on New Years when my optimism isn't high.

8 hours ago, nachomama said:

Indeed, it's the landing of the bullets that bothers me, one landed in my roof.

My co-worker had one land in the hood of her car last New Year's Eve.  Since she wasn't really going out, she didn't discover it until about a week later.