Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

During the time of covid I've been watching a lot of hgtv and food network, with the sound off. Usually while at work at home doing the call center so duh, no sound. So there's an episode of House Hunters on, generally I just look at houses and say "ooh that's neat" and with no sound you never know if these people are annoying or if they make the same closet jokes. On one of these episodes the lady's nose catches my eye. At first I thought this lady has an odd nostril flare then I noticed in a straight on shot both sides do not look like this. She must have had some kind of accident because you can see on the bridge of her nose kind of a dent and then once nostril looks like a curtain has been pulled back. At first I thought she'd had bad plastic surgery but it might have been the only thing they could do. She's a lovely woman nonetheless. But...why would hgtv exclusively shoot her from that side. I did have to rewind the tape and they never gave angles other than her left side. There's a few group and full front shots but almost every shot of just her reactions are exclusively on her left side. I know small bathrooms, etc there's not a lot of angles you can get and some things might just work out that way. Maybe she is not self conscious of it at all, and great more power to her, as I said lovely woman. Then it made me remember a lady I once knew who had the smallest nostrils I've ever seen in my whole life. I felt like maybe she was born without them and someone just drilled the tiniest holes. Then I thought, she's doomed if she catches the covid because girl caint breathe anyway with them underequipped sneezer holes, can't add less breathing due to the virus. And then I realized I just need to get over my obsession with noses.

Carol Baskin is on Dancing with the Stars. If she doesn't win I hope Tyra Banks mysteriously gets eaten by a tiger. (I don't watch Dancing with the Stars)

• LOL 1
On 8/31/2020 at 5:33 AM, nachomama said:

I celebrate Se7en day because every day Gwynneth's head comes home in a box is a good day.

Mighty sad about Chadwick Boseman, I had already set up my dvr to record the James Brown movie he did "Get on Up" but I did end up watching it this weekend. The movie is good, but dayum James Brown was an asshole. He overcame a lot but good lord he screwed over every person he ever worked with. I get it, in order to be somebody like that and achieve what he did you have to be as narcissistic as that. see also Paltrow, Gwynneth. 😄

Oh my god, that is so tragic. I saw that some channel (ABC I think) was airing Black Panther, followed by a Chadwick Boseman tribute, and I thought "How odd" but didn't give it any thought beyond that. And then a story aired about Denzel Washington's tribute, and I was all, no way!! Not Chadwick Boseman! He's so young!

Such a tragedy. 😞

For Labor Day I watched cobra Kai. That’s the series based on the karate kid where grown up Daniel and Johnny are still rivals. It’s cheesy goodness. There are too many flashbacks to the movie but the roles are reversed. Daniel is a successful auto dealer and Johnny is an alcoholic handyman. Here’s what’s odd, there are flashbacks to iron eagle. Why? Iron eagle was the top gun jr movie where Mitch Gaylord learns to be a fighter pilot from Lou gossett jr. it’s johnnys “pep talk” movie. Why? Were they both produced by the same company? Anywho I enjoyed and it was a rainy Labor Day so it wasn’t like I could do anything else. 

I'm NOT crazy, it's a whole deal. I binged most of the 2 seasons and towards the end of the second season Iron Eagle comes up again...Johnny is learning "internet dating" and the little karate dude is setting up his profile and he's asking what his "likes" are and he flat out says 80's rock, karate and "Iron Eagle"....then throws in Iron Eagle 2! somehow this tickles me to no end. honestly for this go around William Zabka is a much better actor than Ralph Macchio and he's got the best shit. They are fighting and Daniels wife is all "I don't want blood on my patio so either take it elsewhere or come inside and eat breakfast" and Johnny's all "I can eat". It's eating me up, why is he so obsessed with frikking Iron Eagle?? (Why am I so obsessed with knowing why he's obsessed?)

* Somebody answered it for me in the Cobra Kai forum. William Zabka's dad was assistant director on Iron Eagle but ....imho his greatest contribution to cinema was "Girls just wanna have fun" Johnny's gotta bust out some "tune in Tokyo" joke or something.

Also some people may say Lou Gossett jr's greatest role was the drill sargeant in "An Officer and a Gentlemen" but have any of you seen "Enemy Mine"? please saddle up and take a ride, hated Iron Eagle, loved loved loved me some Enemy Mine.

Edited by nachomama
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, nachomama said:

You're trying out? sweet

For those of you who don’t follow the NFL: my team (the Tennessee Titans) won against the Denver Broncos last night, but just barely - primarily because for 90% of the game our new high-dollar kicker couldn’t hit the side of a barn if he was standing inside the bitch.  He missed three field goals and one point-after-touchdown - basically left 10 points laying out on the field, and almost cost us the game.  His only saving grace was he hit a 3-pointer in the last 47 seconds of the game, so we won - by 2 points.

So I figure (a) the Titans may already be looking around for a replacement, and (b) I couldn’t do a whole lot worse.  😜

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Nashville said:

He missed three field goals and one point-after-touchdown - basically left 10 points laying out on the field, and almost cost us the game.  His only saving grace was he hit a 3-pointer in the last 47 seconds of the game, so we won - by 2 points.

My friend so mad, she's a big Broncos fan so I go "oh yeah, is this Titans vs broncos?" They're kicker fucked up so many times... and she's all "don't spoil it, I stayed off social media all day so I could watch" So she was getting all happy that she knew he was gonna fuck up field goals but she got up mad when they lost. But...I didn't spoil it. :D

• LOL 1
On 8/18/2020 at 6:49 PM, Superclam said:

I have never seen a phone with a lock before! 

They used to be common in jail lockups, so “visitors” couldn’t make unsupervised calls.

At least, that’s what I’ve heard.
Not that I would have any personal knowledge…

• LOL 2
11 minutes ago, Nashville said:

They used to be common in jail lockups, so “visitors” couldn’t make unsupervised calls.

At least, that’s what I’ve heard.
Not that I would have any personal knowledge…

As a little dude with a big mouth, staying out of jail/prison has always been one of my life goals. So far so good. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Superclam said:

As a little dude with a big mouth, staying out of jail/prison has always been one of my life goals. So far so good. 

Staying out of prison is easy: Don't commit crimes. It's amazing how many people don't know this, commit crimes, go to prison then complain that they don't like the food. If it were up to me, they'd get bread and water.

In America, it isn't always about "don't commit a crime" to stay out of jail. Especially if you are slightly brown. We shoot first and if you survive you can still go to jail and be completely innocent of any crime. And there are plenty criminals who do not go to jail ever.

Lord we needed RBG!

• Love 4

I guess I missed my opportunity to go to Oz last night. I went to a movie and got something to eat and on my way home there's a cop with lights flashing parked in front of my house and the street is roped off. I'm wondering (hoping) my house burned down or perhaps there's an ax murderer on my block. I couldn't see anything, I waited a few minutes but I hadda go pee real bad so I asked a dude with an orange vest and he said a tree limb fell on a power line and they were getting the electric company to come see if it's live or whatnot. So I figured I have no power and most likely won't for the evening. But he said somehow it didn't knock out power. I just had to go around from the other side. I noticed several things (not the tree) My trash can lid had been blown open. A door to my screen porch had been blown open. The wind must have been instense. I saw the tree this morning and oooh, that's gonna need a bandaid. I don't know if it got struck by lightning but it's practically split in half.

You are correct there is nothing currently to watch and I'm including last night's TWD. I haven't even watched it. I will because that's what I do but not live. I know it was the return of Maggie to which I add do we need to send out an APB on our Maggie?

I binged a bit of "Insecure" from HBO while I've got a free preview and I did watch the first couple of episodes of "Ratched" and "Fargo" but I think Fargo lost me.

• Useful 1

Ratched really sunk for me. It started off decent and then went off the rails, like any episode of AHS. 

I'm watching The Boys and Star Trek Lower Decks, but both are ending this week. That leaves me with the Walking Dead teen show, because I don't watch Fear TWD. 

I've heard "The Boys" is good. I'm getting rather annoyed that every channel wants to start their own online streaming service. If we are all fed up with paying huge cable/satellite bills what difference does it make if you have to have hulu, netflix, peacock, cbs all access, etc etc, if they're all $10 a pop? You're right back at the high cable bill.

Now I don't know who to believe. My ancestry dna came back completely different than the other one. This shows me 42% english and northwestern europe, 31% scottish, 14% Ireland 8% Wales 3% Sweden 2% germanic europe none of the bangladeshi and .04% chinese. I WANTED MY BANGLADESHI AND CHINESESES.  It's swapped my german with my english. If you need me I'll be over here pouting. LOOK HARD BECAUSE I'M F*CKING SEE THROUGH.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nachomama said:

I'm getting rather annoyed that every channel wants to start their own online streaming service. If we are all fed up with paying huge cable/satellite bills what difference does it make if you have to have hulu, netflix, peacock, cbs all access, etc etc, if they're all $10 a pop? You're right back at the high cable bill.

Yup. Everyone's like "I cut the cable cord!! I'm saving so much money!!" And then they pay the same in subscription fees. It's almost like they planned it that way. 

I pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime. I got a year of Disney+ with my phone plan, but it's set to expire. My kids watch it a lot, so I may start shelling out. I may bundle Hulu with that. A friend gave me her CBS All Access pw. I'm not paying for Peacock or HBO Max. 

• LOL 1

I have hulu, every once in a while prime offers me a free 30 day and I watch stuff but there isnt enough and I don't buy enough stuff throughout the year to justify it as "the shows are free because I get free shipping" yes I take major advantage of the free shipping while I have my prime demo. I'm highly annoyed with Disney+, if you're already paying for a subscription then what they show should be free. when Hamilton premiered they wanted $20, Mulan $30. they justified it by saying that this is the pandemic, they can't open in box office so if your whole family sat down to watch then it's like $5 a person. And they yanked everything disney from any other streaming service. They own StarWars now so that means you won't get them on HBO or other places going forward. I know that in the time of pandemic and you can't get your big fancy premiere or get that big opening weekend box office and I'm sorry the pandemic happened but I can't pay another $30 on top of me already paying you $120 a year. (I don't have kids so I'm not dependent on Disney to stay sane in my household)

And I don't understand Peacock or CBS all access either, you make tv. Then you make other tv you can only stream but does that means it's better? if "numbers" are the only thing that drives ratings then you know the "streaming" numbers are nowhere near the regular tv numbers. So I don't know how any of it works but there's very little I wanna pay extra for.

• Love 1

I still have cable, because there are channels Mr. Max likes that you can't get streaming, plus I wouldn't be able to get local channels without.  I live down in a valley where the signal don't go.  We even had to get a booster for our cell phones.

I pay for Prime, but I use the crap out of it with shipping and free Kindle books.  Somehow, Netflix is included in my cable package.  I also get Peacock with my cable, but I don't think it's the full Peacock.  I did manage to watch all the seasons of Yellowstone on there.  I have no desire for Disney, other than maybe Marvel movies, and I'm not paying the fee for those.  I have a friend who always buys the blu-ray for his collection and he gives me the digital codes.  Never saw anything on Hulu that I really wanted to see.

10 hours ago, nachomama said:

And I don't understand Peacock or CBS all access either, you make tv. Then you make other tv you can only stream but does that means it's better?

I think it's just that on Peacock or CBS all access, they can get away with more.  The censors are more flexible because it's a pay service.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, madmax said:

I did manage to watch all the seasons of Yellowstone on there.

I think it's just that on Peacock or CBS all access, they can get away with more.  The censors are more flexible because it's a pay service.

My finger is very itchy to try and watch Yellowstone but, you see, I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate Kevin Costner. It's irrational, I know. I hear many, many good things and I think there are many people I love in the show. FUCKING COSTNER MAYN!

I know only the main 3 channels are actually governed by censors but remember just a few short years ago Rick locked in the train car at Terminus said something stupid like "They messed with the wrong people" and now I think they say Fuck. Some other show the other day say something and my mind did a double take but I can't remember and it's hilarious that my mind took note since I swear like a sailor.

I wasn't a particularly huge Van Halen fan but obviously grew up with Van Halen. But like an idiot I was blubbering like an idiot. Mostly because he had the same thing as my sister (I think amongst other things he had lung & throat cancer) and it's been a year and since my insane sister has never once let me focus on the reality that our eldest sister died, basically I'm crying like Eddie Van Halen was my sister and laughing at myself for it while doing it.

Then I came up with a brilliant idea for a tiktok that (in my head) could go viral and I need to think of a product placement like the OceanSpray guy who they just bought him a truck for his "vibing" thing. Clearly I'm in a very stable place at the moment. hahahahaha

5 hours ago, nachomama said:

I know only the main 3 channels are actually governed by censors but remember just a few short years ago Rick locked in the train car at Terminus said something stupid like "They messed with the wrong people" and now I think they say Fuck. Some other show the other day say something and my mind did a double take but I can't remember and it's hilarious that my mind took note since I swear like a sailor.

What upset me most about that episode was that he wasn't allowed to say Fuck, but Breaking Bad was.  Same channel, why the difference?

I, too, swear like a sailor and do a double take as well when I hear it.  It usually takes me a minute.

4 minutes ago, Superclam said:

The first Van Halen record is straight up 🔥. The next 4 all have some great songs on them. I wasn't into the Hagar years. EVH had such a great guitar sound, to me it sounded joyful. 

I don't have anything past 1984 and I rarely listen to that.  The first two are on heavy rotation.  I knew EVH had been sick, but I was totally stunned yesterday.  We'll never get another guitar player who was so damn talented and played, as you said, so joyfully.  He always had a smile.

• Love 2

My problem with the new version of Battletar Galactica was that EVERYONE ended up being a clone. *spoiler alert*

Excersized my white privilege yesterday. I got pulled over and NOT ONE BULLET HOLE! :D  Got pulled over for seatbelt. I usually throw the shoulder strap behind me cuz I don't like it. So he tells me that's illegal (legit did not know) and then tells me they are adjustable (LEGIT DID NOT KNOW!) haha He gave me a warning and I complimented his pink badge (for the breasteses) and I went on my way. I've had my car 16 years, didn't know the little slidey thing can make the seatbelt go up or down. I'm stupid enough to be good looking!

Edited by nachomama
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, Superclam said:

The early seasons of BSG is some of the best TV ever, IMO. Somewhere along the line, I think about the time they revealed the final 5 cylons, it lost it. The last 2 or so season were a real snooze, and the ending was HUH? 

So... basically Lost, but set in space instead of on an island.

(And yeah, I’m tiptoeing through a veritable minefield of “Lost In Space” puns....)

• Love 1

The ending of Lost was bullshit. Everybody had figured out the ending in season 2 and they kept saying "No that's not how it ends" strung everybody along for 3 years and boom ended it the way they guessed 3 years earlier. I know Damon Lindelof is one of the brains behind that and I find that with a lot of his projects. He has a "big" idea and a very cool premise but there is no follow through. He was largely behind "the Leftovers" which is Lost2.0 something catastrophic happened and half the population disappeared. Poof, gone, They weren't dead but just gone. So the world grapples with that for 3 years and they keep getting closer to an answer and ultimately it ends with no answer. Like every single one of his shows is Schroedingers cat, alive or dead?

53 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

What color is the sky in your world?😁

I hated it with a passion, I only watched the whole damn thing when it reached syndication over the past several weeks because there was nothing else on.  Plus I am a glutton for punishment.

Starbuck was the most obnoxious asshole in that universe.   And there was no shortage of asshole characters.   The whole series should have taken place on Uranus.  That is the biggest asshole planet, and on that series, there were so many assholes, there wouldn't be enough room for them on that planet.

Yeah, I am cranky.  I broke a tooth and have an exposed nerve in the back of my mouth that is so painful, and the earliest appointment I could get it fixed isn't for three weeks.   The dentist doesn't want to root canal the tooth, but I want it done. I am afraid just capping it won't be enough and eventually that tooth will completely snap. 😭

They must have drilled into your brain, 'cause you crazy!! 🤪

Starbuck and Tigh were gigantic assholes, though. I'll give you that. 

I had a tooth out a month or so ago. It hurts. Take Advil and Tylenol 4 hours apart. Don't skip a dose if you can avoid it. 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I have had plenty of root canals over the years.  So, I want it root canaled now instead of risking something happening to the tooth and then having to have something else done to repair that area later.  They don't bother me one bit.  I think in carpentry terms they call that measuring twice and cutting once. 

The day after we buried my mother-in-law, I had 2 root canals done on my two front bottom teeth.  I was expecting hellfire, but it really wasn't that bad.  And I don't have a high tolerance for pain like Mr. Max.  I'm having an issue with another tooth and I just want him to get in there and get it done.

• Useful 1

Y’all freaking me out about my tooth. Before the pandemic they referred me to go get a root canal and obviously couldn’t because the whole world shut down. It doesn’t hurt me so that’s good but I can feel something. So now I had my regular cleaning and gotta go schedule it. I’ve only had 2 cavities in my whole life. And neither of those required a shot. I had wisdom teeth out about 5 years ago. That was not fun. 

Scheduled my looksee for Dec 4th so they can decide if I need a root canal.

My ballot has been received so I've done my civic duty.

My sister has received SSI so she's off my back. I have mixed feelings, I hate that she's getting a free ride but I can't support her forever. She said she's sending me money to pay me back for what I've spent (Didn't ask for that nor did I put a dollar figure on it)

Learned another aunt has died. This was my Uncle Kenneth's wife, Pat. They were divorced and Kenneth been dead and I probably only met her 3 times in my whole life. Sounds callous but I just kept singing "dead ant, dead ant, deadantdeadantdeadant" (Pink panther theme) but neither of them were great people. Along with learning she had unalived, I learned that at the time she became my aunt, my uncle had impregnated 2 women. Kinda went eeny, meeny, miney mo to pick which he married so you see what lovely people I'm related to. Kenneth was the eldest brother to my dad and he had free reign to beat up all the younger children until my father became too big to whoop. So....how many dead relatives can I have? all.of.them.

So yesterday when I accidently got caught masterbating on a zoom call.....SAID NO WOMAN EVER. Seriously, wtf? Jeffrey Toobin accidently whipped his schlong out. Our online meetings and so forth are not on camera but even so my paranoia harkens way, way back. I've had tape over every laptop camera hole since the beginning of time.

• LOL 2

We are starting a new project at the work from home job and there have been a lot of "coaching" calls as they tweak the script so I was chatting with one of the supervisors and apparently "I'm dope". One of the people who I'm not sure I've ever even said 2 words with in person and can recall only once ever making them laugh with my antics. He said I'm dope and most agreed, it's not much but I'll take it. I got to air my grievances about the one girl who called me out about answering questions when I'm "not a team leader or a DCA". If no one answers her questions she'll just sit there for 45 minutes waiting.

As a side note, Greek yogurt is basically sour cream. I got a "reduced sugar" one and that makes it even more so. but coconut flavored so I'm having coconut flavored sour cream for breakfast in case anyone cares.

As a side note, Greek yogurt is basically sour cream. I got a "reduced sugar" one and that makes it even more so. but coconut flavored so I'm having coconut flavored sour cream for breakfast in case anyone cares.

I care. I care a lot. 

Non-fat Greek yogurt is a free food on my diet plan, but I've never been able to stand yogurt. It looks good, like it would taste like soft-serve ice cream, but then I taste it and yuck. 

It's the greek. I had a lemon and a cherry a while back and there is very little lemon or cherry, it's just sour cream! This is also lower sugar. why, why why is there no such thing as just "lower" sugar when it comes to yogurt or juices etc? Unless you go 100% squeezed out of an orange, blueberry, cranberry etc it's all "added sugar" and if I pick up one that says "less" it's always boosted with the fake stuff. Like Trop 50/50 why isn't it just 50% less of the sugar they would normally add? (I have not reached the pinnacle where a butler squozes my juice for me, I'm at the mercy of what's available and under $6000 per glass) All the concentrates and normal juice you pick up off the shelf is as bad if not worse than any koolaid or soda. I do not want sucralose or aspartame. JUST PUT LESS SUGAR IN THE SHIT. I knew going in that the yogurt was going to be nasty. I'm doing this for my probioticivity. And I can do the regular yogurt any of those critters can work with the innards

Is there anything you can jazz up the yogurt with that would make it a treat and yet still free or close to it? Like freeze the yogurt and put a fruit additional to it? I got frozen strawberries with no added sugar or juice so I thaw them out and put on ice cream, I may put my monk fruit sugar on it if I wanna sweeten it some.

Something I recently learned and I'm willing to try...pistachio butter. Obviously there are nut butters (teehee I said nut butter) you have your tahini, cashew, almond etc and supposedly pistachios offer melatonin so if you had some pistachio butter toast with honey or something before bed it can help you sleep. This is something I need in my life and I like peanut butter and honey and I've questioned "pistachio" flavored ice cream all my life. LIke, there is no "flavor" in pistachio ice cream it's just green at the very least pistachio butter can't taste bad, amiright? If pistachio butter is too expensive or too hard to find I may just pop a few stichpashios in my mouth before bed and get my melatonin thusly.

• Useful 1

To comment on various above:

Sodium, quite literally, is a killer. I'm sure I'm getting too much. 

Almond butter is pretty good, and probably healthier than peanut butter. I've never had pistachio butter. 

On weight watchers, fruit is free, so you can dress up yogurt with any fruit you want. They really push this. You're allowed to use as much non-sugar sweetener as you want, but I think they're unhealthy. 

They also try to get you to use fat free yogurt as a base for salad dressing and like mayonnaise, etc. 

All the concentrates and normal juice you pick up off the shelf is as bad if not worse than any koolaid or soda.

Lol, my mother wouldn't let us have soda, but we could have as much Hi-C and Hawaiian Punch as we wanted. I think was actually worse for you than soda. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

When I go and look at something in the grocery store and the calorie count is very low, but the sodium level is absurdly high, it makes that item something that I either can't eat, or I have to severely limit how much of that item I can eat. 

This is common among "diet food" or "fat free" food. The fat and/or calories may be low, but the sugar and sodium may be sky high. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, nachomama said:

It's the greek. I had a lemon and a cherry a while back and there is very little lemon or cherry, it's just sour cream! This is also lower sugar. why, why why is there no such thing as just "lower" sugar when it comes to yogurt or juices etc? Unless you go 100% squeezed out of an orange, blueberry, cranberry etc it's all "added sugar" and if I pick up one that says "less" it's always boosted with the fake stuff. Like Trop 50/50 why isn't it just 50% less of the sugar they would normally add? (I have not reached the pinnacle where a butler squozes my juice for me, I'm at the mercy of what's available and under $6000 per glass) All the concentrates and normal juice you pick up off the shelf is as bad if not worse than any koolaid or soda. I do not want sucralose or aspartame. JUST PUT LESS SUGAR IN THE SHIT. I knew going in that the yogurt was going to be nasty. I'm doing this for my probioticivity. And I can do the regular yogurt any of those critters can work with the innards

Is there anything you can jazz up the yogurt with that would make it a treat and yet still free or close to it? Like freeze the yogurt and put a fruit additional to it? I got frozen strawberries with no added sugar or juice so I thaw them out and put on ice cream, I may put my monk fruit sugar on it if I wanna sweeten it some.

I add my own sweet...raw sugar, honey, agave, or pureed berries

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, connieinnc said:honey, agave, or pureed berries

Ding ding. I forgot I have agave. I’ve tried coconut sugar and it wasn’t bad just tasted a little “earthy” 

I got honey roasted pistachios. And I’m gonna make soup this weekend. Potato mushroom and I call it “Portuguese” because I put a Portuguese chorizo in it. Not the Mexican crumbly kind it’s more like an andouille 

and I had tried kefir a while ago...lord give me strength. Ok. Like a drinkable Greek yogurt aside from the fact that it’s disgusting. So today I found a pina colada “drinkable” yogurt with pro biotics. Pray for me. I don’t know if I’ll survive a third attempt at this healthy stuff I’ve tried. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1