Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
radishcake

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

9 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Marie Osmond does look good for her age, even though I find her commercials annoying as hell.  I guess she had breast reduction surgery back in her twenties. 

I’ll be honest and say that I had never noticed, she was a little before my interest in those sort of things developed, if a person is experiencing discomfort or pain for any reason then they should get it dealt with.

I’m pretty sure there aren’t ‘Any’ guys who would willingly ‘lose an few inches’, but there is no end to those who would sell their soul into eternal damnation for a few inches more!

I feel it’s a shame that Julie Chen decided to go down that route, she had a pretty face beforehand, and only a fake, Hollywood face afterwards, but who’s to blame?

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Regarding toothbrushes, being a frugal person who believes that one tool should have as many uses as possible, I purchased a Dremel, and found that the ‘fine’ rust removal brush head did a wonderful job on those hard to reach teeth 🦷

I have talked to quite a few people and it seems as though many dentists are trying to get their patients to use electric toothbrushes.

I will never forget the time when I almost forgot my dentist appointment.  I was at a fast food place and after drinking a vanilla shake I had realized that I had an appointment in less than a half hour.  I knew I had to do something that day, but couldn't remember that it was the damn appointment. I didn't have a toothbrush, and my mouth wasn't a pretty site.

Needless to say the dental hygienist didn't want to stick her hand in my mouth.  I don't blame her, but I wasn't about to get billed for an appointment for not showing up.  That said, she couldn't stop bitching about it through my entire appointment.  She should have just given me a paper cup full of water to rinse my mouth, and things would have gone more smoothly.

Edited by icemiser69

29 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’ll be honest and say that I had never noticed, she was a little before my interest in those sort of things developed, if a person is experiencing discomfort or pain for any reason then they should get it dealt with.

I’m pretty sure there aren’t ‘Any’ guys who would willingly ‘lose an few inches’, but there is no end to those who would sell their soul into eternal damnation for a few inches more!

I feel it’s a shame that Julie Chen decided to go down that route, she had a pretty face beforehand, and only a fake, Hollywood face afterwards, but who’s to blame?

I don't like seeing people being picked on for their physical features.   It is childish and petty.  Unfortunately I have seen it happen far too often.

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Worse, they'll pay anything to oily late-night snake oil salesman on the promise of a bigger peter.

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I will never forget the time when I almost forgot my dentist appointment.  I was at a fast food place and after drinking a vanilla shake I had realized that I had an appointment in less than a half hour.  I knew I had to do something that day, but couldn't remember that it was the damn appointment. I didn't have a toothbrush, and my mouth wasn't a pretty site.

My dentist's waiting area is now fully stocked with bowls of individually-wrapped Lindt chocolates! Because people really want to get in the chair with a mouth covered in gooey chocolate. I just take a few "for later."

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

7 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

My dentist's waiting area is now fully stocked with bowls of individually-wrapped Lindt chocolates! Because people really want to get in the chair with a mouth covered in gooey chocolate. I just take a few "for later."

Now this may come as a surprise to y’all, but when I was younger I occasionally tended to be a bit of a smart alek at times.  One such occurrence was a trip to the family dentist who had been tending to my teeth since grade school.  I decided to have a little fun with the good doctor, so right before going in for my appointment I jammed about three Oreos in my mouth and munched them up quick.  

His “OH MY GOD!!!” brought every staff member in the place running.    😁

• Laugh 2

11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

You're paying for them anyway.  I seriously doubt your dentist is giving them out, out of the goodness of his or her heart.

2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Now this may come as a surprise to y’all, but when I was younger I occasionally tended to be a bit of a smart alek at times.  One such occurrence was a trip to the family dentist who had been tending to my teeth since grade school.  I decided to have a little fun with the good doctor, so right before going in for my appointment I jammed about three Oreos in my mouth and munched them up quick.  

His “OH MY GOD!!!” brought every staff member in the place running.    😁

My dental hygienist would have pitched a fit if she saw you like that.

Anyone else remember those pinkish red tablets that kids would chew to see how well they brushed their teeth? 

• Like 2

Still on the subject, if you ever stay in a holiday park, don’t abuse the maintenance guy, because they’ve got a key to your room and your toothbrush will  be wiped around the rim of the toilet bowl. You’d be amazed at the sense of satisfaction you feel when you see mr angry the next day. 😁

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Anyone else remember those pinkish red tablets that kids would chew to see how well they brushed their teeth? 

Yes! I wonder what kind of genetic mutations those will end up causing. 

• Laugh 1

7 hours ago, Nashville said:

so right before going in for my appointment I jammed about three Oreos in my mouth and munched them up quick.  

His “OH MY GOD!!!” brought every staff member in the place running.

Quite the little shit, weren't you?😆 Haven't changed all that much, I assume?

I have two OMG dentist moments: Years ago I was in the chair as the hygienist checked me out. A radio was playing in the background. She stopped and said, "Oh my GOD!" I jumped up, heart pounding, and yelled, "WHAT? WHAT?" as visions of a complete set of dentures flashed before my eyes.

"Oh," she said. "It's okay. Just something I heard on the radio. Heh."😡

More recently, my *new* dentist told me to open and then faintly muttered, "ohmygod."  "What!?" I asked. "The roof of your mouth is very red," she said worriedly. After a moment to ponder, I  informed her, "Oh. I ate a bag of barbeque chips last night." 😁 She bopped me on the head. As I left later, her voice floated down the hall after me: "And don't eat any BARBEQUE chips before you come next time!"

Wow. I never thought my life would ever get so damned boring I'd be relating tales of dentist visits. I used to have much better stories, honest.

6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Damn, hadn’t thought about those little pink narcs in about a half-century or so.  Do they still do those?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

Damn, hadn’t thought about those little pink narcs in about a half-century or so.  Do they still do those?

Yes, you can still buy plaque disclosing tablets.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 1

I used to like the pink tablets. It was fun to flash your pink teeth.

I think I'm Magneto. My work computer went bananas yesterday, had to set up a new "portal" user id thingamabob. Now cannot access half the crap I'd been working on in the last few weeks. Then go to second job and that computer goes nuts, it's on "sleep" mode and won't wake up so had to reset passwords. I don't know what I done but I broked em.

We are finally at probate stage with my sisters stuff. Evil dumbass gets the house and the car and I see her on facebook whining that she doesn't want to stay there. So help me Bob, I will beat her to death if she sells and goes back home for a fictional relationship with some dude whose family has told her to stay the fuck away. She will not get very much money for the house and land, the only person interested is a neighbor, it would take years to find anyone else to buy it and it's only valued at about $25,000. She thinks she'll be getting back pay from social security from 2014 when she first filed. If she gets money it won't be the max and say she clears about $50K from the land and ssi, then what? How long is that going to last? It won't be a free house in NM, she'll be out of money in a year or two. In Texas she's got some medical organization supplying her therapy and meds, she has a church that is dumb enough to float her stuff here and there. She has nothing in NM. She's not showing up on my doorstep, I'll call a cop and get her hauled away. I'll file a restraining order. I refuse to support her for the rest of her life. She doesn't think she needs to have a job. Never been responsible for a damn thing in nearly 50 years. She can go blow a goat for all I care.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1