Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

So yesterday we walked to a friend's house and had a few socially distant beers. So I came home and had a meatloaf sandwich, and then at night I had another meatloaf sandwich. Both of them were f-in delicious. 

4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

How is WW going for you?  Have you been able to exercise at all?  

I like spicy mustard, but like most mustard they leave a nasty stain.

I stopped playing online SCRABBLE.   I think the people I am playing are cheating.

Scramble-Words is an awesome game, but I can't get past the fourth round.  If you like Jumbles, you will like this game.

Not too bad, thank you for asking. After the first week at home, I decided to NOT wallow on the couch in beer and Doritos. So I've been doing a limited weight program every day and getting in about 5 miles of walking a day. I've probably put on a pound a two because I'm sitting more, walking a little less and walking up stairs a lot less. Overall I haven't strayed too far from my diet.

I don't like playing video games with other people. I play a game called CodyCross which is filling in words based on clues, kind of like a crossword puzzle. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/9/2020 at 7:38 AM, Superclam said:

Y'ever have mustard on a grilled cheese? 

Yes! I do enjoy experimenting with a grilled cheese.  I don’t even  Think they’re technically grilled cheese anymore. I do sharp cheddar, green Chile’s, mushrooms and a nice spicy ground mustard. I also enjoy hot dogs with a spicy ground mustard. Not Dijon per se but like grainy. I am upping my mustard game as I get older. 
I don’t usually drink coffee, however, since I’m off sugar I’ve been trying to do drinks that aren’t soda. I’m making sweet tea with monk fruit sugar and I got bored with that. So I bought cold brew unsweetened toasted coconut coffee. And coconut almond milk as my creamer. So I made a huge mistake Friday night. I made my iced coffee drink at 11:30 at night. FORGETTING that the cold brew is a concentrate and you’re supposed to mix it 2:1 with water before you proceed. So basically I tripled my caffeine intake. On the plus side it was so freakin goooooood! On the downside I was tweaking all night long. 
so then Saturday we went to the drive in movie. There’s a musical pseudo re-make of Valley Girl. I don’t know that I’ve ever watched the original because I loathe nic cage but basically they sing Go-Go’s songs. It doesn’t completely suck but I probly wouldn’t spend money if it wasn’t quarantine and I wasn’t tweaking and desperate to get out of my house. But they hired Logan Paul! Omg I was so disgusted. He plays a douche bag and he is a douchebag 

Edited by nachomama

Somebody has been very determined to break into our back fence at work. Couple of weeks ago somebody tried to break the lock with bolt cutters and were unsuccessful. Last night, tried again and still couldn't bust the lock but apparently scaled the fence. The fence is 6 foot cinderblock and used to have some sort of "cap" thing that was "slippery"?? There's no barbed wire but still just didnt' think anyone would go to the trouble. As unobservant as I am I didn't really notice anything missing. My boss does smash up aluminum cans and has had people wander into the yard during the day when the gate is open and try to walk off with his cans but so we assumed they nabbed his cans and there was a battery sitting there. I don't think these things are worth stealing but I'm not a drug addict. The cans might be worth $10 and the battery $15-20 as a trade in. There's other stuff back there, a bbq grill, car parts but guessing they took whatever they could hoist back over the fence.

Now, considering the "great mouse hunt*" that took place last year, I can envision my boss going on a stakeout. But we shall see how he handles this.

*mice came to live here from a construction site next door. They were chewing through a big plastic tub of peanut butter pretzels and my boss and his sidekick set traps and plotted elaborate hijinks to get the mice/rats. There was one morning they found a trail of blood where the poor mouse got a leg stuck but dragged the damn trap all around the buildng. Omg they thought they were such great hunters.

(edited)
1 hour ago, nachomama said:

Sunday I had crab legs, Idaho potatoes, Iowa corn (ok cannot guarantee the corn was from Iowa) and watermelon. Monday had short ribs, more corn and jack n coke. patriotic af! ftw

I had crab legs once - but a shot of penicillin cleared that shit right up.

Rimshot.jpg.JPG.4182bae7c283cd1d0e86b30a4342348d.JPG

Edited by Nashville
Penicillin is funnier than antibiotics.
  • LOL 2

The thieves came back and so the great hunters are back on their mission. They got their deer cam for hunting and they've set it up under a truck out back. I guess they made off with some bicycles this time, came back with help to hoist them over the fence. The camera looks good and in theory if they don't see it we're good. but if they get the camera it doesn't stream off site or record off site. It is night vision and it is motion activated so they won't be looking through hundreds of hours of footage but seriously get a ring doorbell for $69 and it will send an alert to your phone and even if stolen you get your evidence. but you know, I'm a girl and I'm stupid. I just let the hunters hunt.

• LOL 1
On 5/26/2020 at 1:13 PM, nachomama said:

seriously get a ring doorbell for $69 and it will send an alert to your phone and even if stolen you get your evidence. but you know, I'm a girl and I'm stupid. I just let the hunters hunt.

I’m fond of the Blink cameras myself, but same difference.

13 hours ago, Nashville said:

I’m fond of the Blink cameras myself, but same difference.

yep, either/or  I was just aiming at something they could have same day from walmart and on the cheap. I don't think they've gotten anything on camera yet but it was twice over different weekends that we got hit so I don't know if they'll come back or if it'll be a weekend.

So yesterday I was stupid because my boss told me to print 2 of his signs that point with an arrow and put them on a board double sided. When you do that the arrow doesn't point in the same direction so if you were looking at it from different sides of the road one points east and one points west but he literally said "print 2 of those and put em back to back" but he called me stupid, but I guarantee he didn't think about it either. I just went with he wanted it in 20 minutes and just hit click. He isn't any smarter he just gets to looks superior asking why I didn't think of it. I need to win my lotto money so I can finally say "hey jerkwad, you can't do my job so shove it"

(edited)

^^Speaking of Walmart - I won't be around here anymore since Lynna Moris of Walmart is sending me USD 1 million dollars to compensate me for this "CONVID-19" so I can share my new-found riches and show love to my neighbours and friends. I guess she thinks my family doesn't deserve any of it. All in caps, so I know it's official! "Risky-free" too, I'm sure.

ATTENTION

GOOD-DAY AND HOW ARE YOU DOING AND THAT OF YOUR FAMILY, I AM MRS.

LYNNA MORIS, HEAD OF MEDIA AND ADVERT FROM WAL-MART, I WRITE TO NOTIFY

YOU THAT WAL-MART HAS DECIDED TO COMPENSATE SOME INDIVIDUALS WITH

USD$1M EACH.

THE REASON FOR THIS COMPENSATION IS TO HELP FIGHT AGAINST CONVID 19

CORONA-VIRUS. ONCE YOU RECEIVE YOUR FUNDS YOU SHOW LOVE AND CARE TO

YOUR NEIGHBOR AND FRIENDS, TOGETHER WE SHALL FIGHT THIS EPIDEMIC

DISEASES

YOU ARE ADVISED TO CONTACT CITI BANK WASHINGTON DC USA, IN THE PERSON

OF MRS. JANE FRASER, SHE IS THE PRESIDENT OF CITI BANK AND CHIEF

EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF GLOBAL CONSUMER BANKING OF CITI BANK. HER EMAIL

IS xxxxx

SEND HER YOUR DETAILS AND HOW YOU WANT YOUR FUNDS TO BE DELIVERED TO YOU.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU

MRS. LYNNA MORIS

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Superclam said:

@AngelaHunter, my friend! Don't forget your boy Superclam!! I gots CONVID-19 too! In fact, I think I'm coming down with CONVID-20! 

DO NOT WORRY DEAR FRIEND. I WILL GLADLY SHARE MY GOOD FORTUNE AND MY GOOD ADVISES WITH YOU.

WE WILL FIGHT THIS CONVID-19 OR 20 TOGETHER. YOU NEED ONLY TO SEND ME YOUR BANK NAMES YOUR ACCT# AND YOUR ROUTING #.

REMAIN BLESS!

• LOL 2
17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

DO NOT WORRY DEAR FRIEND. I WILL GLADLY SHARE MY GOOD FORTUNE AND MY GOOD ADVISES WITH YOU.

Dear kind harted  person, please help my north korean prince cousin who very Reech, he share much wealth with freinds who assist transfer of wealth from country.

cleek link under to enter bank details to where deposit money and chance to win also new ferrrarri of choice

www.igulliblewesterner.com

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Dear kind harted  person, please help my north korean prince cousin who very Reech, he share much wealth with freinds who assist transfer of wealth from country.

cleek link under to enter bank details to where deposit money and chance to win also new ferrrarri of choice

www.igulliblewesterner.com

HE'S ALIVE!!!! 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

OooHMaggie - you're back. We missed you. Hope everything is okay?

Thank you, I’m trying to pluck some normality from the jaws of insanity, it’s going to be a long haul 😔

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

So - anybody else’s downtown getting doused with tear gas tonight?

Yes. 

There was a (thankfully) peaceful protest at the police precinct down the block that marched in front of my building. 

Edited by Superclam
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Superclam said:

There was a (thankfully) peaceful protest at the police precinct down the block that marched in front of my building. 

I watch with disbelief at some of the things our police do over here, it’s as if they never learn from previous incidents. Fortunately the repercussions enacted here against that small percentage of morons in uniform rarely reaches the level seen in the US.

I do feel so sorry for the genuinely decent police, both here and there, but if one person takes an action yet several stand by and do nothing, it’s becoming harder to defend and support the majority 😒

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

It’s so surreal. I don’t want to be a conspiracy theorist but there are so many videos of these masked up figures who initiate the looting and walk away. They instituted a curfew here before we ever even had any peaceful protests. 

• Love 3

I think I told this story about my friend from work. She went to go get some wine on a Sunday. She walked in and was in the back  and all of a sudden the lights went out. She thought it was a power outage and stood there a minute before heading up to the register where she was going to just give the guy cash if he would take it and head out with her wine. No one there. Door's locked. Dude freaking locked her in! They close early on a Sunday and I guess he didn't do a sweep or thought the dude that headed out in front of her was the last one in the store. So she freaked out a minute and then dialed 911. 911 walked her through the alarm system (reading it to them) the operator suggested she find a back door to go out, she couldn't get the front doors to do anything. My friend says to 911 "oh, no, I'm black, I aint going out no back door or setting off any alarm so police can show up and shoot me, I'm gonna sit right here and wait". The alarm company was able to reach the guy and he turned around and came back and she was out in like 20 minutes. At the time we laughed and laughed but I had said to her "you gotta call a white friend when things like that happen, if I gotta go down there and stand in front of the glass while police come, we can do mime things through the window until police come" but I have been thinking about that since these riots started. Do I literally need to shield my black friends from really harmless stupidity? When idiots protested having to wear masks and they wanted hair cuts, there were armed militia at the Michigan state capital and no one called for tear gas and swat teams. None of these protestors showed up with bricks, tire irons or weapons (except for the ones clad in all black and with umbrellas and who knocked out windows at AutoZone and then walked away).

My entire life I've been a white minority wherever I lived, New Mexico most of my friends were  navajo or latino. Somehow in college all my friends were asian. I feel like I have to accompany my friends in order to keep them safe from a nervous cop.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, nachomama said:

It’s so surreal. I don’t want to be a conspiracy theorist but there are so many videos of these masked up figures who initiate the looting and walk away.

Up until about 14 years ago I’d never heard of conspiracy theories, one rainy Saturday afternoon I was flicking through the satellite channels, I happened upon a documentary discussing a major world event. The programme asked questions I couldn’t answer and having an inquisitive mind I watched it several times over, a fatal mistake, my life and beliefs have never been the same since, it’s been a blessing and a curse in equal measure.

Edited by OoohMaggie
37 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Up until about 14 years ago I’d never heard of conspiracy theories, one rainy Saturday afternoon I was flicking through the satellite channels, I happened upon a documentary discussing a major world event. The programme asked questions I couldn’t answer and having an inquisitive mind I watched it several times over, a fatal mistake, my life and beliefs have never been the same since, it’s been a blessing and a curse in equal measure.

The problem with conspiracy theories is that there's no real burden of proof. You can say "I believe this," and if someone says "but look at this counter theory," you can always answer with a "that's what the government/Big Corporation wants you too think!" 

Also, no matter what opinion you have, there is a website, message board and youtube video to support it. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Superclam said:

The problem with conspiracy theories is that there's no real burden of proof. You can say "I believe this," and if someone says "but look at this counter theory," you can always answer with a "that's what the government/Big Corporation wants you too think!" 

For some things that is certainly true, yet if you take more than a cursory look at certain events around the world, there is so much to cause concern. I often wonder if I am a fully paid up tin foil hat wearing loon, yet I only deal in facts and evidence so I ask myself why aren’t people seeing what I see when it’s there in plain sight. I think the main problem is that some ‘ideas’ seem so preposterous to the average person, that they won’t look twice at something.
Believe me, I’d rather not hold the views that I do, when you believe that my and other governments around the globe are responsible for these things, it can rip your safe, nice world apart. 
Time to sweep the house for bugs 😆

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Friend of mine was texting me and she's super paranoid now because we were talking about the stimulus checks, neither of us had gotten ours and she mentioned she went to the website to update her direct deposit information. Boom, link appeared for the website. she goes "I didn't send that link"

So last night I answered my phone at 1:25 am. I wasn't actually asleep but I answered because it was my friend from work who got locked in the liquor store. I did have a moment of panic that she had been arrested and needed a white friend to vouch for her. Not really. But...she'd had too much wine and had gone down a rabbit hole on the internets about all the protests. I couldn't gather exactly if she'd been to the "peaceful" protest we had here or not. I guess they did have one, I really hadn't been looking at any local news just the massive media train. For the most part it was peaceful, few people got arrested. She did say a woman in an upper story hotel room downtown poured boiling water down from the window onto the protestors. She had a maga hat and yelled that Trump was going to get them. I think my friend has definitely been all in her feelings about the riots and just didn't think of the time and I don't mind that she called, I'm ok that I answered. The call center we both work at we go in later, she goes to work at 1 pm and I go at 5 but I think she just forgot that I work another job. She's had a rough year, in February her mother passed away and I had been expecting late night phone calls about that and she did say she can't watch any George Floyd video because she heard he called for his mother and she said that gets her going more than anything else at this moment. So I'm tired but I'm glad we talked and I really hope this ends soon.

4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Don't bother. They're in your phone, computer and Alexa if you have one. 

I don't think the government is listening to everyone. But they could if they wanted to. 

(edited)

We have one because my mother in law gave us one. It's good for playing music. I've used it as alarm clock. Both of these things could be done on other devices. Sometimes it says stuff at odd moments. I should probably get rid of it. 

Edited by Superclam
  • LOL 1

I watched "Parasite" last night. It was very good but I don't think I had the same reaction as most people. I had heard that it's very relatable to the "challenging" times we are living in and that's true. No spoilers. Somehow we came away with it being sort of a comedy which I don't think it was supposed to be.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

. Sometimes it says stuff at odd moments.

I have an elderly friend. Her kids gave her that Alexa thing for her bedroom so she could call for help in case of a fall or other emergencies. One day her son went out of town to some car races and she didn't hear from him all day. She tried calling him but no answer. She got very worried and finally that night he called while she was in her bedroom. All was well and she expressed her relief to him that he was okay. When she hung up the phone, Alexa said, "And that's that!" 😮

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, nachomama said:

it was my friend from work who got locked in the liquor store.

I think most people would have just waited until the store opened the next day, although a bucket of water may have been needed to bring them back to consciousness 🍺

regarding Alexa, wasn’t it proved a while back that it was either recording or listening to what was said in the household concerned?
Did someone mention 5G? 😱

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

I don't think the government is listening to everyone. But they could if they wanted to. 

The ‘listening’ organisations throughout the world are definitely scanning communications, what  are ‘suckerberg’ and ilk doing with all the info gathered about their ‘customers?’ I wonder.

Edited by OoohMaggie
1 hour ago, nachomama said:

I watched "Parasite" last night. It was very good but I don't think I had the same reaction as most people. I had heard that it's very relatable to the "challenging" times we are living in and that's true. No spoilers. Somehow we came away with it being sort of a comedy which I don't think it was supposed to be.

It was definitely a dark comedy. I thought the performances were very good, especially the father. His facial expressions were amazing. 

I did think the praise was a bit overblown. It didn't strike me as a Best Picture, more like a good movie. 

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

It was definitely a dark comedy. I thought the performances were very good, especially the father. His facial expressions were amazing. 

I did think the praise was a bit overblown. It didn't strike me as a Best Picture, more like a good movie. 

I agree, definitely twists I didn't see coming. We were laughing in all the wrong places, so dark.

• Love 1

I see the whole McCann farce has taken one more step into ridiculousness, some patsy has been lined up to take the whole nonsense into yet another year of British taxpayer’s money being squandered. I have to vent my anger yearly regarding this preposterous scam being played upon the brain dead British public 🤬

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I see the whole McCann farce has taken one more step into ridiculousness, some patsy has been lined up to take the whole nonsense into yet another year of British taxpayer’s money being squandered. I have to vent my anger yearly regarding this preposterous scam being played upon the brain dead British public 🤬

No idea. 

• LOL 1

I saw that and wtf??  I also saw some kind of mud sucking quick sand in Ethiopia or africa somewhere where everything was just getting sucked underground. The world is imploding. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, nachomama said:

I saw that and wtf??  I also saw some kind of mud sucking quick sand in Ethiopia or africa somewhere where everything was just getting sucked underground. The world is imploding. 

There’s no such thing as gravity - not really. The earth simply sucks THAT hard.