Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Superclam said:

I want to see "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" but these days I just don't have the patience to sit through a long movie. Maybe I'll watch it in sections this weekend. 

OMG, I'm having the same problem. I sat down to watch "1917" this weekend and after about 1/2 hr I got too anxious and had to turn it off. BTW, from what I saw it seems like a very good movie.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I can only watch four episodes at a time.  The lead female character is too damn annoying and exhausting to watch.  Season 2 Episode 10 was the best episode so far.  She spent most of that episode with her mouth gagged.

It's so sad but I hate her too, I still hold a grudge against Claire Danes from "My So Called Life" and I didn't even watch it when it was on! I watched that and "Dawsons Creek" when I was in college or somewhere after the "age" you're supposed to watch these things and found them annoying. I still hate Katie Holmes but I've pretty much forgive most of the Dawson's cast but I can't let the irrational hate for Claire and Katie go.  Jared Leto, blech

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The early seasons of Gunsmoke are back on MeTV.  Unfortunately, I missed the first six or seven episodes of season one.

The early, 1/2hr, b/w episodes of Gunsmoke were incredibly good, if dark, gritty and somewhat violent. I read Sam Peckinpah wrote a number of scripts for this show, along with some for "Have Gun Will Travel", "The Rifleman" and other early Westerns.

• Useful 1

Teeth are overrated. Apparently that's what I did wrong, kept my teeth. I've got everything else, I'm poor, my hair is a bit shaggy but I have all my teeth and no tattoos. So I can't have 4 wives or 3 husbands.

I brushed my teeth so vigorously this morning, I'm surprised they didn't wash away. ha

3 hours ago, nachomama said:

Teeth are overrated. Apparently that's what I did wrong, kept my teeth. I've got everything else, I'm poor, my hair is a bit shaggy but I have all my teeth and no tattoos. So I can't have 4 wives or 3 husbands.

I brushed my teeth so vigorously this morning, I'm surprised they didn't wash away. ha

Careful; keep that up, and they won’t let you in the local Wal-Mart any more.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

In marked contrast, though, the toothbrush/toothpaste aisle remains fully stocked.

Hadn't noticed that but I guarantee Tiger King has got something to do with it. In retrospect why wasn't it called "Tiger Queens"? It was just as much about Carole Baskin, in another world they would have been best friends.

My sister believes she has found a renter, someone will pay her $300 to rent a room. I said GET IT IN WRITING! I don't know if she has to make a specific clause that if they don't pay the money up front each month, they have 30 days to get out. It took 5 months to get these last idiots out and they had no lease, no paperwork, never paid a dime. I'm out of money, my hours are cut at work and had to pay house payment, car insurance and my first half of county taxes are due so there's no way I'm scraping anything up til after June. (and that's providing I still have a job in June and the pandemic lets us go back to semi-normal) She's had 6 months to get her shit together and she's farther behind than she was because she lost her eligibility for food stamps. The ex roommates were stuffing her mail under the mattress and she missed a mandatory meeting so the food stamp people cut her off, which takes her government phone with it. I'm getting rando texts from her friend's phone.

Killing Eve is back and I need to figure out a way to watch "Run". It's on HBO, Domhall Gleeson and Merrit Weaver. I don't know what it is about her but I love everything she does. She's "quirky" and Phoebe Waller-Bridge is either a producer or a writer so it'll be off kilter for sure. Hopefully he gets to keep his accent.

On 4/11/2020 at 4:23 PM, nachomama said:

I used to like JDM before he became negan.

I never knew of him before this show butI I"m wondering if "Negan" is going to his head. Here he is reading trashy fanfiction aloud before an audience.😕

3 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I am up to season eight of Homeland and I am so annoyed by the series at this point I am not sure I will finish out the rest of this season. 

Speaking quite generally, I find most shows seem to peak at about Season 3. It's rare that I'll enjoy a show after its 5th season. A certain show about zombies comes to mind... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Homecoming is the animated one, right? I've heard it's good. I watched the Far from Home one last week and it was meh. I like Tom Holland but it just didnt grab me.

Sons of Anarchy lost me after Opie (Beta, by the way) I adore Ryan Hurst (Beta not so much) and absolutely Sons of Anarchy jumped the shark humongously. It's another strike against Walton Goggins for me (haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate him) hated Tig, hated Katey Sagal, hated the wife whatever her name was.

Ditto the above, want to watch The Americans at some point.

• Useful 1

Ooooo had a convo with my evil sister last night. via text, I do not "speak" with her. Generally she angers me so much I just can't. The other week I spotted a photo that seemed familiar on her facebook, I thought it was me but I couldn't figure out where/when it could have been and the photo was so bad it looks like a watercolor. I thought perhaps she has a mexican friend that resembles me enough if your eyes are blurry?? (I'm not mexican but for some reason the photo looks like a latinx??) I was like "I don't have a blue shirt" but the setting seemed familiar...eventually I realized what shirt it was, it is indeed me, this gd #!?$@##!! K*nt snuck a picture of me at the FUNERAL HOME when I was signing my sisters death certificate.

Anyway I texted her that her electric bill was due, how much it was and that I aint got the money to pay for it. ( I don't, I got $47 til payday and maybe the $1200 payout can save me, I'm not exacting revenge but I've paid her bills for 6 months) Lo and behold the stupid group that's supposed to have been picking up bills has now finally come through with some letter that shows they'll be paying the rest of the year. how conveeeeeeeeeenient. She has a person who is going to pay rent. of course she does! and she's going to write a book (poetry and what not) so she'll try to throw some work my way when that comes together. I will fully admit that's been my biggest laugh this year. She wondered if I had the red folder that my sister had kept her journal in because evil's "writing" was also in there. Yes I do have said folder and no I shant be returning it. Her "writing" is literal gibberish. I may dig up some choice samples. I remember one thing was her list of "connections" starting with names of people she knows, (I was one of them) and then how they "connect" to the universe. Like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon only all Sharon Osbourned. IT was fuckin weird!

58 minutes ago, nachomama said:

Homecoming is the animated one, right? I've heard it's good. I watched the Far from Home one last week and it was meh. I like Tom Holland but it just didnt grab me.

No, Homecoming is the first one with Tom Holland. It was better than Far From Home IMO. 

Into the Spiderverse was the animated one, and I thought it was great. Better than almost all of the super hero movies. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I must ask: Is there a reason you are obligated to pay her utility bills?

Trust me, it isn't because I like her. She lived with my sister who died, there is nothing physically wrong with her that she cannot hold a job (but has managed to not have one for 40 years or so) and I have doubts about her lack of mental capacity. (as in she's crazy but like a fox) She's waiting on whether or not she qualifies as "disabled" to collect a social security check. She's applied many times and been denied. I am a cold and heartless bitch and would otherwise throw her to the wolves but dead sister essentially left me in charge of her. I basically do it so that the church people that were friends of my sister do not end up taking on the burden of her. She has zero qualms about calling up the people at church and telling them they have to buy her an air conditioner etc. She starts sentences with "I'm gonna need you to" "we're going to need to do" and I've told her number 1. you ask, don't tell and then their "benevolance" fund doesn't have her name on it. They aren't there to soley take care of her needs. My dead sister would be mortified and horrified to know the extent of her begging and whining. So that is why I do it, so my dead sister isn't dizzy in her grave, spinning and spinning and throwing the world off it's axis.

I was using my dead sister's money until February-ish, money is gone. I won't go out of my own pocket to pay for her crap so I've tried to make sure she's applied for everything she needs to apply for, she's got food stamps. She has a renter moving in so that's the end of the road for me. The property is signed over to her now, once this in in force she can lose my number.

• Love 1

We have those little Irish dancers, it's like tap dancing on crack. Well it's hopping. You stand very stiffly and have extremely curled up hair that bounces, and you bounce up and down and your feet make the tiniest little tappity tappity's. I've always wondered about the floors where they practice.

Are you all out spending stimulus money? I couldn't log into my bank allll day and then there was no money for me. ha! I can't remember if I did direct deposit in 2018, I know when I file the federal is free but the direct deposit usually costs $20 and I don't recall if I was finally cheap enough to not do direct deposit.

Definitely hope all is well with everybody. My major malfunction is that I believe a spider or something bit me...right between the boobs. My spare room was basically just storage and, yes, had a few cobwebs when I moved the work-at-home computer in there but they took their sweet time to revolt. Been working in there about 3 weeks and on Saturday I thought I was a cliche and a half with my bra irritating me. Like the duration of quarantine people aren't wearing pants or bras etc but there's something besides me bra itching me. And I know when people have small boobs they call em bug bites but this is ridiculous! So I'm either growing a third boob or I got bites. Does this mean my chest is a superhero now? I can be spiderboob?

I know everyone has taken up baking, but I'm going to attempt making brown butter cinnamon rolls. I have decided this will cure all my depression and anxiety, because everything is better with brown butter. Mind you, I have never made any kind of yeasty bread type thing in my whole life. I believe I rolled out pie dough a million and a half years ago but didn't even make that from scratch, just unfolded it and rolled it. More than likely I will regret this and I will make a hyoooooooooge mess.

Also going to make my own pizza, the crust for that is already made, all I'm doing is saucing it, cheesing it and putting on my own toppings. I don't care for pepperoni so I'm going veg.

• Love 1

Looks good! 

Pretty much at any given time my wife or one of my daughters is baking something. Luckily I don't have much of a sweet tooth or I'd be 400 lbs. My wife made a bread the other night that was freakin' delicious. 

I generally do not have the patience. Like baking cookies at Christmas I’m done after I eat the first 3 cookies that come out of the oven. I give up. If this was one of those gotta let it rise for an hour then go back and kneed some more then rise more then this would never have happened. We had a few that wouldn’t fit in the pan so they were loose on a sheet and we initially gave up on them. We thought they got too overdone. Had to pry them up but honestly they may have been the best ones! It was like getting the corner on pound cake. But otherwise they turned out very nice. Poofy and soft but not too soft. I’m just so excited that didn’t completely suck. 

85412782-B226-4271-8D48-B6D6A44EEEBC.jpeg

13 hours ago, nachomama said:

LOOOOOOKEEEEEE

7F509423-B0B5-4660-8776-6398ACD7AADB.jpeg

879CB3B6-0390-4688-98E2-D5966F3251B3.jpeg

Wow!!!

I don't have much of a sweet tooth either, but those cinnamon thingies look amazing! Yummmm. I do love anything with cinnamon.

This stay home business is turning everyone into Gordon Ramsay and Julia Child.😄

Jenny Jones (remember her?) is into cooking now and did this incredible looking, no-knead bread that I might actually try even though I can't even get bread right in my bread-maker. Just don't have the "touch" I guess.

I had wondered what happened to Jenny Jones. Also that Susan Powter that used to shout at everyone.

I can't  truly say whether or not the "brown" butter effect did anything for the cinnamon rolls, it's not something I could taste, it was in both the rolls, the filling and the glaze.

I have been cooking more during quarantine but not much baking, this was my only foray. My friend did gift me with a ginormous bag of fajita chicken. I don't know if a restaurant donated frozen stuff they knew they weren't going to be able to use but it's not a people sized bag and she got 3 of them. It's just sliced into strips so that you can do quick fajitas. I'm not a huge fan of fajitas in restaurants because I don't love peppers. If I do them at home I do chicken, onions and mushrooms which leads me to my next adventure I think. I'm gonna make Philly chicken steaks sammiches! Grill up a bunch of the chicken with onions and mushrooms and slap it on a roll with cheese! I'M A FRIKKIN GENIUS!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

In any case, if I want to make a pie I will have to make one in the mud or hold a pie pan under the back end of a nearby cow.   A cowpie is still a pie.  Right?

Suurrrrrrrre it is....

• LOL 3

My wife made meatloaf last night, and there's plenty leftover. So for tomorrow night's cheat meal, I am having my beloved cold meatloaf sandwich. Honestly, I've been fantasizing about it since about 2 hours after dinner last night. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2