Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

So I googled looking for your shootout, Nashville, and I didn't find it but what I did find was that the hotel where the con was held was closed last year for a breakout of legionaires disease. ...you might wannna get some things checked.

I am 5 years late and I don't know where to put this comment but...   I started playing  GTA 5 two weeks ago and the Trevor character felt really familiar to me.  I just found out it was Steven Ogg!   What a great actor.

amrXbZd_460s.jpg

Edited by heisenberg
  • LOL 3

I dreamed last night I got a dog and kept trying to feed it strawberries. Plus I was very, very thirsty, I drank over a gallon of water in my dream. No this does not lead where you think, I did not pee the bed. I'm just very thirsty.

15 hours ago, heisenberg said:

I am 5 years late and I don't know where to put this comment but...

I posted that YT clip here ages ago. At the time I had no idea what it was about and thought, "What bizarre thing am I watching that includes Steven Ogg in his underwear?" 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/11/2020 at 6:43 AM, Nashville said:

Weird... Sometimes I've got a really scary realisation we're not fully responsible for our lives. You can easily encounter shooting in the streets and get killed by accident. Or even worse, we all have heard about cases of police improper conduct, let's say. That's what scares me the most. I also heard there's associations like AAAPPP and they promise to protect the victims of police corruption and violence. That's a bit soothing. I'm just not sure how well does it work? Maybe there's someone who, god forbid, was in such situation? Reduce my anxiety 😞

3 hours ago, saunter said:

Weird... Sometimes I've got a really scary realisation we're not fully responsible for our lives. You can easily encounter shooting in the streets and get killed by accident. 😞

I don't know about any protection but I've been very in touch with my own mortality lately.

One of the things that happened this past weekend, was a car found in a lake. Mother and daughter passed away. Obviously something very hinky with the situation. They didn't crash, all the info isn't in yet but some kind of murder/suicide. Not quite a Susan Smith situation, the daughter was 16 but I'm baffled. 

On a lighter note, (ha! I have no lighter notes) I went to trivia last night. I haven't been dealing well with people lately. Guess what? Wrong night to go! Holy shit. I guess it was "Friends" trivia and there were 43 teams! wtf? I watched Friends but didn't dedicate my life to it. I left after 3 questions, they were going to be there til midnight. It was claustrophobic, it was standing room only. I want to throw up my hands and exclaim "millenials" but seriously, wtf, how is friends such a thing? 

I don't know why anyone who feels a need to take themselves out needs to take their daughter with them nor do I know why you'd stand for 3-4 hours to answer questions about Ross and Rachel. I'm at a loss for everything these days.                                                               

56 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

He really nails it in this game.  Here is a couple of his cinematic moments.

I have no idea how many years it’s been since I said this, but - I may have to go buy a video game.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

I have no idea how many years it’s been since I said this, but - I may have to go buy a video game.

I usually don't buy video games but it was 9.99$ at Christmas.  It is still a best seller after all these years.

Just now, heisenberg said:

I usually don't buy video games but it was 9.99$ online at Christmas.  It is still a best seller after all these years.

Just now, heisenberg said:

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

have no idea how many years it’s been since I said this, but - I may have to go buy a video game

👍

I hate it when the store geeks look at me as though i must be buying a game for some grandchild, I think to myself, where were you when PONG hit the arcades motherfucker? 

• LOL 3
20 hours ago, Nashville said:

I know nothing about video games, but get the one with naked Daryl!

Edited by AngelaHunter
something weird happened
  • LOL 1

I don't want to see Darryl or near naked Ogg. Is it wrong that Jerry is my favorite? I'm not saying I want to see him naked but I think he's the only one I could tolerate long term. Granted it's the apocalypse you take what you can get.

I been googling Australia. I found a travel company that does "luxury" packages where you can get 21 days for $16,000 which clearly that's a no. they had packages that included Australia and new zealand for about $3500. greece is really affordable people, greece was like $1600. Found another tour company that has 11 days Aus. -New Zeland for $1700! Yes more "free time" like this includes airfair and accomodations and a boat tour around the harbour and go visit the koalas but you have "free day" and "free day" which I actually like because once I got there I might hear of something that I might want to do or see. Every last second is not planned. I do know things will cost me way beyond that dollar amount but I'm ok starting there. If I'm aiming at saving up for a year and really planning stuff out.

23 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

👍

I hate it when the store geeks look at me as though i must be buying a game for some grandchild, I think to myself, where were you when PONG hit the arcades motherfucker? 

You don't need to go to a store to get GTA 5,  but the game is around 38G.  It took me 3 days to download it at 650 k.  My first game experience was also pong and I had to put quarters in a machine at a store to play it!😂

I have not buy a video game for the last 10 years but that one is worth every penny.

Edited by heisenberg
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, heisenberg said:

My first game experience was also pong and I had to put quarters in a machine at a store to play it!😂

Oh! for the good old days, the youngsters today can’t believe what was cutting edge for my first games console, which I still have today, although it hasn’t been turned on for well over 40 years,

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Wow! Okay, so do you need those special virtual reality glasses to play these games? *Disclaimer: I know nothing about this*.  I really want to try this VR stuff.

Most games like GTA don’t require VR kit, although more and more are being made with that option, mods are available so GTA can be used with VR. The good kit ain’t cheap, I think around $4-600 ish for the headset.

Some of the visuals do look amazing, that’s if you can stand having the screen so close to your eyes, I found my eyes ached very quickly, i can’t imagine what will be available in five years.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I figure it’s gotta be a week at least but I can’t afford 3 weeks. So 10 days would probably be the max. But you can’t go for short times either because it’s so far to travel. 
we never even had Atari. My dad didn’t let us do video games. Never played Pac-Man or anything good. 

2 hours ago, nachomama said:

I figure it’s gotta be a week at least but I can’t afford 3 weeks. So 10 days would probably be the max. But you can’t go for short times either because it’s so far to travel.

As the flight costs are similar if you stay ten days or ten weeks, I’m assuming it’s the accommodation costs that are restricting you. Ten days is not a big reward for a long journey, if coming from the UK I’d just be getting over the jet lag in a week.

Even though it’s a really short trip, If you pick one city to visit and take day trips out from there, you should still be able to see a huge amount and have a really great time, you may need a holiday when you get back to recover from it though! 😋

If the trip you mentioned was AUS NZ in 11 days, don’t even think about it 😱

Edited by OoohMaggie
31 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Beets and carrots are incredibly sweet.  In fact, some homemade tomatoes sauce recipes use grated carrot as a sweetener.

I think the theory is that one won't overeat these kinds of foods. How many carrots can you eat in one sitting? 

It is amazing what causes some people to gain weight, while it doesn't affect other people at all.

Very true, which is why everyone's got to find the right eating plan for themselves. What works for me won't necessarily work for you, and vice versa. 

I find that surprising.  I could live on potatoes and whole wheat pasta.

Me too, especially potatoes, which is why I limit them. 

Edited by Superclam
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I could live on potatoes and whole wheat pasta.

Funny, but as much as I love whole-bread I really dislike the pasta. I thought I would like it and bought some, but it was a nope.

21 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Beets and carrots are incredibly sweet. 

Beets and carrots? I love those, no matter how they are prepared and in the case of carrots, even raw. How could anyone not love them? I have a recipe for a beet salad with orange vinaigrette. Can't get enough of it.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Funny, but as much as I love whole-bread I really dislike the pasta. I thought I would like it and bought some, but it was a nope.

Yeah, it's got a bit of a cardboard taste for me. 

7 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Beets and carrots? I love those, no matter how they are prepared and in the case of carrots, even raw. How could anyone not love them? I have a recipe for a beet salad with orange vinaigrette. Can't get enough of it.

I always hated those pickled beets you see in salads a lot, and still do. My wife made beets roasted in olive oil and garlic, and those were very good. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Who ever invented the combo of pasta, red sauce and cheese is either a fucking genius or the fucking devil, because that's all I ever want to eat. 

I swear I could eat pasta every day. Every kind - tortellini in rose sauce, linguini/clam sauce, spaghetti with meat balls, LASAGNA (I do make a mean lasagna) and on and on. Grated Parmesan and omg. Actually, I use Romano. Just as good but quite a bit less costly.

15 hours ago, Superclam said:

I always hated those pickled beets you see in salads a lot, and still do.

The kind you buy at the grocery: I totally agree. Revolting, hard, nasty, vinegar-y lumps. However a few years ago someone gifted me a few jars homemade by some Hungarian ladies who make and sell them for charity. A different animal altogether. Sweet, wonderful texture and utterly delicious. I now gift them to a couple of friends too and they all love them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

I swear I could eat pasta every day. Every kind - tortellini in rose sauce, linguini/clam sauce, spaghetti with meat balls, LASAGNA (I do make a mean lasagna) and on and on. Grated Parmesan and omg. Actually, I use Romano. Just as good but quite a bit less costly.

For me, baked ziti and rigatoni bolognese. Any pasta in meat sauce, really. Linguini in white clam sauce with a ton of cheese? Heaven. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/13/2020 at 5:36 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Wow! Okay, so do you need those special virtual reality glasses to play these games? *Disclaimer: I know nothing about this*.  I really want to try this VR stuff.

No, the fact that this game is so big is because you have literally the whole Los angeles Santos city-valley-suburbs up to country side mapped to the last strand of grass.  It includes water, underwater and sky.  You can travel thru LA...  Er...  LS... without playing the game and hours will pass. The streets and some buildings are filled with people so it is very special.

Just to give you an idea:

Edited by heisenberg
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

It sure has come a long way in four upgrades

I still play this one!  It is free and a classic.  I have the other ones but they are not compatible with Windows 7-10...  This is why I stopped buying video games a long time ago.  planned obsolescence.

I’m making short ribs today. I don’t cook enough. I do entirely too much eating on the go. From one job to the next. Haven’t been craving anything to cook on a Sunday. Last thing I made was pot roast. And then I didn’t want to clean my crock pot. So I got the liners. 😄 

On 2/14/2020 at 4:39 PM, icemiser69 said:

How many original members are still with the band?

I know at least one has died.

In terms of the true “original” members of the band, Don Henley is the only one still around - but that’s primarily due to the normal shuffling you can expect of a band with the Eagles’ longevity.  Glenn Frey passed away about 3 years back, but he’s the only original Eagle who’s died.

On 2/14/2020 at 5:02 PM, Superclam said:

Me too, especially potatoes, which is why I limit them. 

My family’s roots are Irish; nuff said.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, heisenberg said:

I still play this one!  It is free and a classic.  I have the other ones but they are not compatible with Windows 7-10...  This is why I stopped buying video games a long time ago.  planned obsolescence.

It was a great game, being able to do things that ‘decent’ people would never do, as with most things in life, I think the old games will again become very fashionable, Pong, Space Invaders, Galaxian will be cool once more. 👾👾

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Nashville said:

My family’s roots are Irish; nuff said.

Mine too! I ate a lot of potatoes when I was growing up - fried, boiled or mashed or mashed and then fried. Never baked. I don't think my mother knew about that method.

ETA

Brahms: The Boy 2,

Out Feb 21st, unfortunately without Lauren,

Jaysus! I hit "submit" on my above post and that picture jumped out at me. Freaky!!😮

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1

Does that mean that Brahms kilt her? from the original? I knew they left it weird where she stayed or something. No he was upstairs watching, adulty. or something.

I hadn't eaten a baked potato in forever then couple of years ago I had one and I was like "dang these good stuff". I guess I never wanted to turn on my oven or thought it takes too long to bake or something. but I've reinvigorated by baked potato regime, mostly when I go out. I'm still too lazy to turn on my own oven but I'll let other places do it for me. :D

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Lol, if only the movie can have the same effect, we’ll see

I'll watch it when it comes available by  means other than trekking to any vile movie theatre.  I'm a sucker for creepy doll movies, no matter how shlocky. Too bad your Ms. Cohan is not in it, rather than Kooky Kate. This one looks like a much more heavy-handed kind of thing, whereas in the first one the horror was rather subtle - which I appreciated -  up until that typical, tired, seen-it-a-million-times ending.

Basically I'm a clown. I do whacky things for people's amusement. At the new job I do weird little dances and this girl Chardonnay keeps asking me to do stuff again. It's really only funny once, yesterday I danced in my chair and sang "apple bottom jeans" cuz this girl Danielle had on some boots (fringe not fur but hey I'm grasping at straws here). The other day I pretended to fight with Samantha, doing a cartoon version of fists and making my face look like Popeye. I pretty much don't want to do it again and is she 3?

• LOL 1

Oh yes, that is her name. Trust me we got plenty of weird ones. The supervisor guy tried to make a joke about if her mom really liked Chardonnay and she didn't get it. Like does she have a brother named Pinot Grigio? We have a Colonia & Nautica (they are mother and daughter) we have a Creshanda ( I call her Crescendo, she doesn't get it) I get to go to an award ceremony tonight which is just an excuse to get paid for an hour when I'm not working. Refreshments are served. wheeeeeee!

• LOL 1

Is anyone gonna watch the world beyond thing? for regular, No spoilers but, major shark jumpage!

Had a lovely weekend of fighting insurance companies. I was convinced I chose a better health insurance plan, like with co-pays and co-pays for prescriptions. So I went to my regular doctor, got a flu shot and re-upped my prescriptions. Went to my eye doctor and learned I have bleeding on my retina which could mean I was constipated, or have diabetes or my eye is about to have a stroke or I'm about to have a stroke so better get that prescription filled. So I get to the pharmacy, I have never used this insurance, just activated Feb 2 so I hand over my prescription card and they tell me $100 for 30 days or $316 for 90. but wait, I have insurance. Apparently no co-pay and the card they sent is only for get it by mail order which still doesn't kick in a discount. I talk to 3 people,  1 told me $316 another told me $1.82, apparently 2 differnt things were issued, one is "cancelled" which is, of course, the one I'm trying to hand people because wtf do I know? But my drugs are listed on walmart's $4 list so why do I even have insurance? so if I was going to have a stroke it was when I was yelling at the people over the phone.

• LOL 1