Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

wings is not dark meat! WANGS IS NOT DARK MEAT. Shh I like Church's too.

I thought I would burst into flames going into a church but I been in 2 recently and I'm guessing Senor Higher Power was asleep.

1 minute ago, walnutqueen said:

I'd leg wrestle you for the thighs ...

How do I NOT make that sound creepy?

If I mention dark meat, I am just digging myself a deeper grave.

I was hearing Bow Chica bow wow music during the dark meat/thighs convo

On the Brady Brides shortlived sitcom, Jan's husband lost points on the Newlywed Game because he refused to say his favorite chicken parts were breasts and thighs.

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

You dirty, dirty bird ...

[/Kathy Bates]

HE DIDNT GET OUT OF THE COCKIN-DOODY CAR! I love that movie. I watched it in France and I wanted to see how they would translate her "swearing" and at the end when she mispronounces Dom Perignon. They had her say it right and I was all "but that's the whole point, she mispronounces it" and my aunt's assumption was that the french never find it humorous to mispronounce champagne (cham-pag-knee) :D

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

You’re skipping the best thing about Church’s, though; their leg/thigh combos.  I’m a dark meat man, and Church’s is one of the only chains with dark meat combos which don’t involve half of the combo being chintzy-ass wings.

If I lived to be a 100, I wouldn’t have a clue what the fuck you’re talking about, god bless the differences in the nations of the world 🤣

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

If I lived to be a 100, I wouldn’t have a clue what the fuck you’re talking about, god bless the differences in the nations of the world 🤣

Imagine the worst take-out fish&chips, narrated by Gordon fucking Ramsay.

We're not that different, eh!.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/12/2019 at 4:19 AM, walnutqueen said:

Chances are I'd burst into fucking flames going anywhere near anything related to a Church, much less their shitty chicken.

😂 Me too! I had to enter a Catholic church sometime back for a funeral. As I entered, scenes from "The Omen" flashed through my mind. I felt like a stranger in a strange land.

20 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I have no idea either, although I have heard of "Popeyes" since it's been the scene of much violence lately. We don't have any of those places here. Or maybe we do and I just don't know. I don't get out much.

• Love 2

Had my first day at the new job, I got a little harshed on. My ego isn't as young as it once was.

We only have 1 question where we type their comments. We are supposed to stay in first person "I went to the store, purchased a microwave, the microwave makes my bacon taste funny" but when they start talking about the installer or the person at the desk I'm not supposed to use gender pronouns. the person on the phone says "the guy came out and totally messed up my deck" I have to remember to stay first person for the person talking but I gotta change "guy" to "rep" or "installer"

We had rando lasagna yesterday. Someone made it for the family after their dad passed away. The noodle to sauce ratio was out of whack. It wasn't bad, just not a lot of sauce but I could tell they used real ricotta. I have a friend who is italian and it's unheard of to use cottage cheese in place of ricotta. I don't like ricotta but I don't know that there's anything I'm completely opposed to. Yes there are things that I like the way my mom did them. I'm pretty sure though that most of my universe in cooking is a heinous crime to somebody or other. Other than "real coke" (not cocaine) I don't know of other things I can't substitute. I drink fake dr. pepper and fake mountain dew. Also must have krackel now, no other rice crispy chocolate bar will do.

What are things that are die hard?

1 hour ago, nachomama said:

Also must have krackel now, no other rice crispy chocolate bar will do.

I warrrrrned you....  😄 

What are things that are die hard?

Self-loathing?  The last heel in a loaf of bread?  Please supply some contest.  😁

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

😄Self-loathing?  The last heel in a loaf of bread?  Please supply some contest.  😁

I was talking about food, ingredients or brands that, according to you or your people, cannot be replaced. but if you wanna tell us inner dark secrets please do.

I'm trying to go home to New Mexico for thanksgiving and get me some fry bread, according to Navajos you must use bluebird flour.

https://images.app.goo.gl/FBPdXhkJUPRLfWgU6

I don't care, I just sent my friend Marcy a text that the very best cook must be on duty for my fry bread. I think it's been 12 years since I had any. Gotta get some mexican food too, and green chile dip! Going to visit my niece in prison, that's a new one for me. (that's not the whole purpose for the trip just while I'm there)

• Love 1
On 11/7/2019 at 4:36 PM, Superclam said:

I'm the one person in the world who liked "Waterworld." I thought it got a bad rap. 

I don't have strong opinions about John Denver. I liked Bob Denver. 

No you’re not. I really liked it and have seen it a few times. But I also think Showgirls is a great movie so there’s that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

IFC is airing the day before Thanksgiving several episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Excellent. I want to see this. I’ve seen bits and pieces but never sat down and watched everything all the way through 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, nachomama said:

Excellent. I want to see this. I’ve seen bits and pieces but never sat down and watched everything all the way through 

Oh, you simply MUST.  There's a Monty Python quote or skit for every occasion, and we devotees can recognize each other by a single word or phrase.  Not to mention the glorious songs.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Oh, you simply MUST.  There's a Monty Python quote or skit for every occasion, and we devotees can recognize each other by a single word or phrase.  Not to mention the glorious songs.

And now for something completely different!

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

IFC is airing the day before Thanksgiving several episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus.

I have a box set of the entire series - 14 DVDs - possession of which was one of the prerequisites for me to die a happy man.

38 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Also, MP is recognized worldwide as the definitive authority on a number of topics: 

1. SPAM.
  2. Funny walks.
  3. Trout-slaps.
  4. The drastic unmet need for gender sensitivity training in the lumberjack community.
  5. The level of deceasedness in parrots.
  6. Etc., etc.

I could go on and on and on and on....  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

And now for something completely different!

Lobster Thermidor au Crevette with a Mornay sauce served in a Provencal manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam?

• LOL 2
49 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

It’s at times like this, that I do feel proud to be an Englishman, but wait, who’s that knocking on the door? Oh! Shit, I didn’t expect the Spanish Inquisition!

• LOL 3
4 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Dirty forks don't scare those of us who had to lick the road clean with our tongues.

We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife!

• LOL 2
47 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Other than the sad events of WW1 & 2, Python has done more for Anglo/American relations than anything else, it’s a unifying bond that’ll never die!

True. 

I, however, am Canadian, eh (although livin' in the USA has given me a rough edge), and Elizabeth will always be my Queen.  Yes, I am old enough to remember her picture in every classroom and singing "God Save the Queen"  every morning in my early school days.

Now, would you be so kind as to step off my lawn, please?   ;~)

• LOL 3

I know most of the quotes! And I have the soundtrack to Spamalot.

In college we had to do an oral presentation and I failed miserably. I do not like public speaking, some kid in my class did something on the Monty Python's and did tremendously well. So on the second go round I wadded up some art paper and told them it was hemp paper and completely made up a whole bunch of facts about growing hemp (aka marijuana) and I guess I'm better at lying than actual studying and preparing because I aced the second presentation and Mr. Monty Python had nothin.

I'll be traveling over thanksgiving but hopefully my dvr will get what I need

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I, however, am Canadian, eh (although livin' in the USA has given me a rough edge),

Lol, Apologies, I know how ‘sensitive’ some can be about that sort of thing, I’m no fan of being called British.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Lol, Apologies, I know how ‘sensitive’ some can be about that sort of thing, I’m no fan of being called British.

No offense taken.  I chose to live in this country, and probably identify more with being a "West Coast" person, than Canadian/American.   

It's not like you mistook a New Zealander for an Australian or anything.   ;~)

• LOL 2
17 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Yes, I am old enough to remember her picture in every classroom and singing "God Save the Queen"  every morning in my early school days.

Some of the boys in my class used to softly change the words to "God shave our gracious Queen, Shave her with shaving cream, God shave the Queen."

• LOL 2
23 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Some of the boys in my class used to softly change the words to "God shave our gracious Queen, Shave her with shaving cream, God shave the Queen."

We used to sing "This land is my land, this land aint your land, I got a shotgun and you aint got one. You better get off before i blow your head off, this land was made for me not you" which in the light of day are not my sentiments exactly. sigh, children

They also taught me on the school bus, 5 years old, "we don't need sex education, we don't need no birth control, Hey teacher leave them kids alone"

• LOL 5

They also taught me on the school bus, 5 years old, "we don't need sex education, we don't need no birth control, Hey teacher leave them kids alone"

I remember that one.  “No dark orgasms in the classrooms....” 😂

• LOL 2

I was not precocious! I was d-u-m dumb! The big kids taught me bad things. They taught me to swear in navajo. I didn't know I just called someone monkey poop.

Here's how truly truly stupid I was as a child...kid on my bus told me he was my boyfriend. He's in high school, I'm in kindergarden. ummm, creepy? I think he was just a stoner and wanted to eat the cookies in my lunchbox (still sounds dirty) but here's the deal, I really thought he was my boyfriend. If he had been a creeper and wanted to do naked things, I would have done them! My mother explained the birds and the bees to me when my sister had a baby (the 15 years older one, had a kid when I was 4) she said "people who love each other do the penis in vagina thing" (she didn't say that exactly but she explained the real life for true body parts/activities) she did NOT say "ADULTS" <-- important clue for dumbass children or "MARRIED PEOPLE" also helpful to my tiny tiny brain. It's a wonder I survived into adulthood.

PS he got a real girlfriend and some dude beat him up and I was happy :D I watched him walk home and drip blood from his nose all the way home. PPS his name was Beaver McKinney (dunno his real name)

PPPS I also thought I was pregnant when I was 7ish because I played "war" with my friend Regina's brother. He rescued us and when we got ambushed by the enemy he threw me on the ground and laid on top of me. So I go home and ask my mom if you can get pregnant through your clothes because a boy was on top of me. OMG I WAS THE STUPIDEST CHILD ON PLANET EARTH.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I have not seen The Irishman, I've heard about it.

I set my dvr for the Monthy Python's. The single episodes are so very random, couple from season 1 couple from Season 2 etc. And since I I have never seen entire things I don't know if these are "the best" episodes or what. I'm probably most familiar with the Holy Grail.

And of course I've caught the plague right before I make my big trip. I'm gonna load up on Sudafed and cough medicine and hope my brain doesn't explode in the mountains on my trip.

• Love 1

They didn't just come up with disgusting receipes in the olden days. What about this "Lucky Charms Martini"? You might want to save this for St. Patty's Day. Yum.

Ingredients

1/4 cup Lucky Charms cereal, crushed

2 Tbsp water

1 Tbsp granulated sugar

10 Lucky Charms marshmallows (preferably all green marshmallows)

1 1/2 oz. vodka (plain or vanilla)

5 oz. soda water

Instructions

Put crushed cereal on a small plate. Mix water and sugar together in a small bowl and brush mixture onto the rim of a martini glass. Place glass upside-down on cereal plate to completely coat rim.

Put marshmallows in martini glass and pour vodka and soda water into the glass.

Lucky-Charms-Martini-5-1-300x300.jpg

• Love 1