Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

On 8/5/2018 at 2:39 PM, walnutqueen said:

Well, I got excited for a hot minute when I saw a new episode of TWD appear on my DVR schedule for tonight, airing right after the marathon.  Then I noticed it was a "Season 9 Preview Special".   Sigh.

Did anyone watch it? I glanced at it to see what was recording, and I saw Yvette hosting, but I haven't had time to go back to the recording and it's dead silence here.

On 8/9/2018 at 2:32 PM, Iguessnot said:

Did anyone watch it? I glanced at it to see what was recording, and I saw Yvette hosting,

My DVR recorded it too, so I took a peek, see this woman,Yvette, (I guess) bouncing up and down with excitement (I guess) and asked myself, "Do I really want to watch this?" I answered myself, "No. No, I guess I don't." And so I didn't.

• Love 1
On 8/9/2018 at 11:32 AM, Iguessnot said:

Did anyone watch it? I glanced at it to see what was recording, and I saw Yvette hosting, but I haven't had time to go back to the recording and it's dead silence here.

I did, and wish I hadn't.  I've managed to avoid spoilers, since I don't read spoiler threads and don't venture out into other areas of the internet (or click on Media links, etc.).  So I was MAJORLY pissed when Yvette revealed a big one, saying "Since everybody already knows ...".  No, beyotch, I did not know, and didn't want to.  Then I got quite depressed.  :-(

We did the old time candy as a gift for my boss one year. Some of that crap is nasty! I got some candy cigarettes that I used to like as a kid, they definitely were not what I remembered. He got some sen-sen mints and some of the old black jack gum, blech blech blech. and candy buttons? My mom said they used to get those at the movies, you have to spit paper outcha mouf!

32 minutes ago, nachomama said:

We did the old time candy as a gift for my boss one year. Some of that crap is nasty! I got some candy cigarettes that I used to like as a kid, they definitely were not what I remembered. He got some sen-sen mints and some of the old black jack gum, blech blech blech. and candy buttons? My mom said they used to get those at the movies, you have to spit paper outcha mouf!

A lot of it was crap back in the day as well; it was different crap, though, and that was enough to make it special.  :)

There were some kind of peanut butter chewy things (Mary Janes maybe?) that were ok. and Bit-O-Honey or chick-O-stick were pretty good, they're like a butterfinger without the chocolate. crunchy and they get all gobbed in your teeth.

• Love 1

One of my dogs died today. He stopped being able to walk about a year ago, then lost the use of his upper body, early this year (we thought he'd lost strength from not moving around that much, although he'd been turning himself around before that, so he should have maintained some strength. The vet had said it was a tumour on his lower back and spine, then said that it was a slipped disc, so we'd stopped panicking, and bought him some doggy wheels (in December), hoping to get him walking at least that way. That never happened. another recent x-ray showed stuff in his lungs, that could have been hiding tumours. Apparently, the lump hadn't grown, but that didn't mean that it wasn't cancer, that it could have been, and moved up the spine, into his lungs. My sweet boy is free of it all now. If there's anything after this freaking life, then he's with my mum again, who he adored. 

I hope my remaining dog will curl up and watch Gilmore Girls with me. I was falling asleep on the floor with Ell, watching it on my phone, or sleeping on the couch, close by. I've lost a pet and/or family member, every single year for the past nine years. It's really getting old, and I hope nothing happens to the few that remain. Ell was the one who came home a few years ago, after I lost Walter, my constant companion pup of almost seventeen years, who was always there with me when I watched TWD. We're getting ready to bury him. I had to be out of the house today. I don't think I can do this anymore. I just hope nothing happens to my dad. This entire year, I've been worried about my dog, and depressed as hell. He's no longer stuck in the house or the van now. <3

• Love 2
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

So sad that ‘Outcast’ has been binned after the end of its second season. I’m amazed at how low the viewing figures were though, quite shocking for something so good. One of Kirkman’s better efforts.

I just finished the second season of Outcast and I really liked it.  There's the usual Kirkman dumb stuff (parents inexplicably leaving their kids alone in time of great danger) and I was disappointed with Megan's second season storyline, but overall I really enjoyed it and thought they were pointed in an interesting direction for the future.

But are there any good shows you are looking forward to? or new ones you're adopting? I check out the new crop so far nothing has grabbed me. I'm looking forward to "Camping" on HBO starts October 14. I watched "Manifest" and I swear there was an episode of something like the Xfiles or another "mystery" show that had this exact same premise, Plane goes missing for 5 years, presumed crashed everybody dead and then poof they show up and they haven't aged a day. I swear it had Ann Cusack in it! AHA! I looked it up Miracles with Skeet Ulrich, holy moses that was from 2003, how on earth am I remembering this nonsense from 15 years ago????? There are others on my DVR that I just haven't watched yet but nothing speaks to me this year.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, nachomama said:

There are others on my DVR that I just haven't watched yet but nothing speaks to me this year.

I hear you.  I have two eps of Manifest (not watched yet) all eps of S2 of The Sinner (not watched yet).

I'm looking forward to Channel Zero this month.   I love The Expanse but that's not back until sometime next year.

Oh and Z Nation is back on Friday!  That show is always fun and their zombie universe is kinda sorta consistent.  It's fun and goofy.  Last season was convoluted but I recommend the series if you haven't seen it.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Come on Khabib, 5 rounds of pain then choke him with 30 to go!

hahahah Khabib got him with a neck crank even tho they called it  choke. Noticed that he did not let go when McGregor tapped either. Then the leap over the cage top to go after McGregor's crew was just awesome.

• Love 2

Verrry Saddd...just so Depressing, when your thinking of his Soulful Eyes..I don't know how much I'll be excited for tonight..guess I'm hoping Hershel doesn't show up in tonight's episode..be too Heart Breaking...:(

• Love 3
On 07/10/2018 at 12:51 PM, 1 who Knocks-Nuihc said:

hahahah Khabib got him with a neck crank even tho they called it  choke. Noticed that he did not let go when McGregor tapped either. Then the leap over the cage top to go after McGregor's crew was just awesome.

Lol, I thought he was going to break his jaw, the little leprechaun giving up his back to the best grappler was just unbelievable, he looked like a little lost dog sitting against the cage. Maybe next time don’t insult a person’s Family, country and religion. I thought the leap into the crowd was great and I think most ‘Honest’ people loved it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Lol, I thought he was going to break his jaw, the little leprechaun giving up his back to the best grappler was just unbelievable, he looked like a little lost dog sitting against the cage. Maybe next time don’t insult a person’s Family, country and religion. I thought the leap into the crowd was great and I think most ‘Honest’ people loved it.

I just call that dude the bear. He wrestled bears when he was a kid. I have never seen so much fear in the little leprechauns eyes. He met his match. He better practice with a real bear next time. Keep your words soft and sweet, you never know when you will have to eat them. 

18 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Keep your words soft and sweet, you never know when you will have to eat them. 

Even with $100 million in the bank, he surely must have learnt his lesson, by all means talk the talk but the louder you shout the bigger fool you look when you get battered.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

Hey now; when you’re standing in the thick of a few hundred twenty-somethings (most of whom are taller than you) and they start JUMP! JUMP!-ing at the band’s behest, you better JUMP! JUMP! too or you’re gonna get the everlovin’ shit beat outta you.  My own fault for never losing my taste for metal, but hey - it goes with the territory.  :)

• Love 1

Hi, 

Rewards has videos to watch-n-earn points. One of them mentions a contest for a signed katana. It states go to AMC.com/katana. I can't find where to enter on that page. If any of you find where to enter please let me know. 

Thank You

9 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Hi, 

Rewards has videos to watch-n-earn points. One of them mentions a contest for a signed katana. It states go to AMC.com/katana. I can't find where to enter on that page. If any of you find where to enter please let me know. 

Thank You

I tried it and the entry page link is under the pic of Danai, as usual I can’t enter though!

Fuck AMC and their "Premiere Service", or whatever they want to call it, where people pay extra to watch their shitty shows 24 hours early and perhaps "without commercial breaks".  You're not HBO.  And TWD isn't Better Call Saul.

It all went down the tubes with the advent of Negan.  I am just realizing how much time has been wasted on that POS story during the marathon (which I inadvertently recorded) : 34 episodes to go of Negan, Negan, Negan?  No, thank you.  Once was enough.

Edited by walnutqueen
numbers count
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I tried it and the entry page link is under the pic of Danai, as usual I can’t enter though!

Thx for taking the time to help me.  I followed the steps It just takes me to a page without her pic. After I asked for help I remembered entering on the rewards site a month ago. I think it was the same contest. Good luck to my fellow contest players. 

5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I am just realizing how much time has been wasted on that POS story during the marathon (which I inadvertently recorded) : 34 episodes to go of Negan, Negan, Negan?

My stupid DVR often decides not to record shows I want it to, but without my permission it records every single TWD: Marathons, gab fests, previews and yeah, All Negan All the Time. I hate that POS DVR.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

My stupid DVR often decides not to record shows I want it to, but without my permission it records every single TWD: Marathons, gab fests, previews and yeah, All Negan All the Time. I hate that POS DVR.

I FEEL your pain!!!  I have a brand spanking new DVR-In-Waiting; yet to be hooked up, because my old obsolete DVR keeps automatically recording shit I DO need to watch (I call it the Not Negan Hours).  :-)

11 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Thx for taking the time to help me.  I followed the steps It just takes me to a page without her pic. After I asked for help I remembered entering on the rewards site a month ago. I think it was the same contest. Good luck to my fellow contest players. 

I’m not sure but I thought I saw one of the winners of that, I could be mistaken though, this is what appears at amc.com/katana,

E6F443B5-4486-42C2-BB47-4D7CAD222ABF.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie

I’ve already missed the time window for this week’s sweepstakes entry, I expect.  My DVR recorded the episode when it aired Sunday, but I haven’t felt compelled to watch it yet - if that tells you anything.

13 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’m not sure but I thought I saw one of the winners of that, I could be mistaken though, this is what appears at amc.com/katana,

This is not the page that came up for me. I believe I entered on the Rewards page about a month ago. Maybe that is why this page won't come up for me. I will give it another try now that I see what it looks like. Thanks for taking the time to show the page. 

13 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I found the rules page. It had the entry info  on it. I was able to enter. Thanks for taking  the extra effort. I had given up. 

• Love 1

Just an FYI they do have another 50 point video on Rewards tonight. Also, I 50 pt video for twitter users. What a deal I missed out on today. An Exclusive Carol Tote for only 5,000 points. Oh well, maybe next time. Have a great weekend. 

Just now, WalkerTalker said:

Just an FYI they do have another 50 point video on Rewards tonight. Also, I 50 pt video for twitter users. What a deal I missed out on today. An Exclusive Carol Tote for only 5,000 points. Oh well, maybe next time. Have a great weekend. 

10/12/18

Edited by WalkerTalker
Change 10/21/18 to 10/12/18

I'm going to be the one person on their deathbed, lamenting the fact that they didn't finish watching The Sopranos (or anything else) *because my internet was never fixed*. AT&T don't seem to know what they're doing. It was cutting out for ages before the modem died completely. Everything in this house has been breaking, and I feel like I'm going to end up doing the head-spinning exorcist thing before long. I feel like screaming - and that's just with personal stuff, before I start to think about world and American issues. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 3

I wonder if the Canadian viewing figures might experience an increase, now that the whole country can relax legally on a Sunday night, I’m fully expecting a Walking Dead ‘Love In’ at the weekend Lol

???? Go Canada ????

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I wonder if the Canadian viewing figures might experience an increase, now that the whole country can relax legally on a Sunday night,

I've had this show legally for quite some time and my DVR recorded it even after I ditched AMC and didn't want to watch all the peripheral money-grabbing crap, commercial garbage, McDonald's type action figures, contests, interviews, etc.  I now have again AMC included in a new package. A "Love In"? Nope, not here. I used to rewatch eps from the earlier seasons but have no desire to do that anymore. Once is more than enough for me.

On 10/14/2018 at 3:18 PM, Anela said:

I'm going to be the one person on their deathbed, lamenting the fact that they didn't finish watching The Sopranos

I watch very little TV, but the Sopranos, while it was on, was such a part of my life that I recall jumping up from a dinner party with such force I nearly overturned my chair to get home and watch it. "OMG, it's nearly 9:00! I have to go home now!":p

• Love 5
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I've had this show legally for quite some time and my DVR recorded it even after I ditched AMC and didn't want to watch all the peripheral money-grabbing crap, commercial garbage, McDonald's type action figures, contests, interviews, etc.  I now have again AMC included in a new package. A "Love In"? Nope, not here. I used to rewatch eps from the earlier seasons but have no desire to do that anymore. Once is more than enough for me.

Errrr....... I didn’t think my point was that subtle lol

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2