PRIMETIMER
radishcake

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, no - I missed it. Happy Belated!!!!

charlie-sheen-looks-old-birthday-ecards-someecards.png

Thank you - this is fucking GREAT.  :D

• Like 1

As a belated birthday present, a friend got me a ticket to a concert last night.

Peter Frampton opened for the Steve Miller Band.

I have no voice today.

That is all.

• Like 2

Here's the level of genius I'm working with. There's been a rat(s) hanging out so they've made elaborate mazes for catching said rat. He(they) first got into a big jar of peanut butter pretzles and boy howdy did they love 'em! So they came back and brought friends. chewed completely through the plastic and gnawed the hell out of the lid, at first I thought there was an enourmous pile of rat poo but it was the black shavings. First round of traps go in and they got 2, omg it was like Mickey Mouse when he "got 7 in one blow".  so then we had no visitors for a while. Yesterday somebody got in, she has been closing the door to her office and put them on a high shelf and of course the traps...nevertheless they persisted. So it triggered the trap but the trap didn't catch or kill him, wounded, he bravely dragged himself out, the crack under the door is small but you know, these squishy little beasties they can win any limbo contest, so yesterday we couldn't go down the hallway, that was a crime scene, they're down on their knees with flashlights following a trail of blood. But they think I waste time at work.

• Like 1

Well... I’ve had my next tattoo image picked out for a while, and I’ve finally found a local artist I think can do it the way I want.  Problem is he only takes new appointment bookings on one day each month (the 15th), and he never books more than one month in advance.  So I’m in a holding pattern until scuba season is over - probably around October or November.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nashville said:

I’ve finally found a local artist I think can do it the way I want.

Please, just promise us the artist is literate, at the very least, or you may come out like this: (or maybe it was irony)

tattoo.mp4.Still003.jpg

• Like 1

I don't have tats, but I can see that is the work of an artist. Whew! At least if you want to immortalize our favorite show on your skin, it won't look like this:

(I know - I'm an awful person) Be sure to show us the results!

tattoo80082.jpg

This is what I’m looking to get on my right calf - a piece by Frank Frazetta:

C8637D03-B99E-482B-B7BE-26FE99DF8039.thumb.jpeg.20650921b810c8dc9814e0340af91e71.jpeg

I like to think it’s an adequate representative of the dark desolation which is my soul.  :>

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

I like to think it’s an adequate representative of the dark desolation which is my soul.  :>

Man, you are so, like, deep. Blows my mind, dude.;)

J/K. That is a beautiful piece of art.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Man, you are so, like, deep. Blows my mind, dude.;)

ROFL!!!  Well, I couldn’t just say I’m a diehard Molly Hatchet fan, now could I?  :D

50 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

J/K. That is a beautiful piece of art.

Been a Frazetta fan since my teens.

• Like 2

Is it just my browser or do none of the forums have baby forums anymore? I mean like....previous seasons are now all just there on the main forum instead of being in a sub-forum.

twdf.JPG

Edited by diebartdie · Reason: added image
  • Like 1

Well, I got excited for a hot minute when I saw a new episode of TWD appear on my DVR schedule for tonight, airing right after the marathon.  Then I noticed it was a "Season 9 Preview Special".   Sigh.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2018 at 2:39 PM, walnutqueen said:

Well, I got excited for a hot minute when I saw a new episode of TWD appear on my DVR schedule for tonight, airing right after the marathon.  Then I noticed it was a "Season 9 Preview Special".   Sigh.

Did anyone watch it? I glanced at it to see what was recording, and I saw Yvette hosting, but I haven't had time to go back to the recording and it's dead silence here.

On 8/9/2018 at 2:32 PM, Iguessnot said:

Did anyone watch it? I glanced at it to see what was recording, and I saw Yvette hosting,

My DVR recorded it too, so I took a peek, see this woman,Yvette, (I guess) bouncing up and down with excitement (I guess) and asked myself, "Do I really want to watch this?" I answered myself, "No. No, I guess I don't." And so I didn't.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 11:32 AM, Iguessnot said:

Did anyone watch it? I glanced at it to see what was recording, and I saw Yvette hosting, but I haven't had time to go back to the recording and it's dead silence here.

I did, and wish I hadn't.  I've managed to avoid spoilers, since I don't read spoiler threads and don't venture out into other areas of the internet (or click on Media links, etc.).  So I was MAJORLY pissed when Yvette revealed a big one, saying "Since everybody already knows ...".  No, beyotch, I did not know, and didn't want to.  Then I got quite depressed.  :-(

We did the old time candy as a gift for my boss one year. Some of that crap is nasty! I got some candy cigarettes that I used to like as a kid, they definitely were not what I remembered. He got some sen-sen mints and some of the old black jack gum, blech blech blech. and candy buttons? My mom said they used to get those at the movies, you have to spit paper outcha mouf!

32 minutes ago, nachomama said:

We did the old time candy as a gift for my boss one year. Some of that crap is nasty! I got some candy cigarettes that I used to like as a kid, they definitely were not what I remembered. He got some sen-sen mints and some of the old black jack gum, blech blech blech. and candy buttons? My mom said they used to get those at the movies, you have to spit paper outcha mouf!

A lot of it was crap back in the day as well; it was different crap, though, and that was enough to make it special.  :)

There were some kind of peanut butter chewy things (Mary Janes maybe?) that were ok. and Bit-O-Honey or chick-O-stick were pretty good, they're like a butterfinger without the chocolate. crunchy and they get all gobbed in your teeth.

• Like 1

One of my dogs died today. He stopped being able to walk about a year ago, then lost the use of his upper body, early this year (we thought he'd lost strength from not moving around that much, although he'd been turning himself around before that, so he should have maintained some strength. The vet had said it was a tumour on his lower back and spine, then said that it was a slipped disc, so we'd stopped panicking, and bought him some doggy wheels (in December), hoping to get him walking at least that way. That never happened. another recent x-ray showed stuff in his lungs, that could have been hiding tumours. Apparently, the lump hadn't grown, but that didn't mean that it wasn't cancer, that it could have been, and moved up the spine, into his lungs. My sweet boy is free of it all now. If there's anything after this freaking life, then he's with my mum again, who he adored. 

I hope my remaining dog will curl up and watch Gilmore Girls with me. I was falling asleep on the floor with Ell, watching it on my phone, or sleeping on the couch, close by. I've lost a pet and/or family member, every single year for the past nine years. It's really getting old, and I hope nothing happens to the few that remain. Ell was the one who came home a few years ago, after I lost Walter, my constant companion pup of almost seventeen years, who was always there with me when I watched TWD. We're getting ready to bury him. I had to be out of the house today. I don't think I can do this anymore. I just hope nothing happens to my dad. This entire year, I've been worried about my dog, and depressed as hell. He's no longer stuck in the house or the van now. <3

• Like 2

@Anela

I'm so sorry for your loss.  As you say, he's no longer in pain, but that doesn't make it any easier.

They take up a big part of our hearts so leave a big hole when they go.

• Like 1

So sad that ‘Outcast’ has been binned after the end of its second season. I’m amazed at how low the viewing figures were though, quite shocking for something so good. One of Kirkman’s better efforts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

So sad that ‘Outcast’ has been binned after the end of its second season. I’m amazed at how low the viewing figures were though, quite shocking for something so good. One of Kirkman’s better efforts.

I just finished the second season of Outcast and I really liked it.  There's the usual Kirkman dumb stuff (parents inexplicably leaving their kids alone in time of great danger) and I was disappointed with Megan's second season storyline, but overall I really enjoyed it and thought they were pointed in an interesting direction for the future.

But are there any good shows you are looking forward to? or new ones you're adopting? I check out the new crop so far nothing has grabbed me. I'm looking forward to "Camping" on HBO starts October 14. I watched "Manifest" and I swear there was an episode of something like the Xfiles or another "mystery" show that had this exact same premise, Plane goes missing for 5 years, presumed crashed everybody dead and then poof they show up and they haven't aged a day. I swear it had Ann Cusack in it! AHA! I looked it up Miracles with Skeet Ulrich, holy moses that was from 2003, how on earth am I remembering this nonsense from 15 years ago????? There are others on my DVR that I just haven't watched yet but nothing speaks to me this year.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nachomama said:

There are others on my DVR that I just haven't watched yet but nothing speaks to me this year.

I hear you.  I have two eps of Manifest (not watched yet) all eps of S2 of The Sinner (not watched yet).

I'm looking forward to Channel Zero this month.   I love The Expanse but that's not back until sometime next year.

Oh and Z Nation is back on Friday!  That show is always fun and their zombie universe is kinda sorta consistent.  It's fun and goofy.  Last season was convoluted but I recommend the series if you haven't seen it.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Come on Khabib, 5 rounds of pain then choke him with 30 to go!

hahahah Khabib got him with a neck crank even tho they called it  choke. Noticed that he did not let go when McGregor tapped either. Then the leap over the cage top to go after McGregor's crew was just awesome.

• Like 2

Verrry Saddd...just so Depressing, when your thinking of his Soulful Eyes..I don't know how much I'll be excited for tonight..guess I'm hoping Hershel doesn't show up in tonight's episode..be too Heart Breaking...:(

• Like 3

On 07/10/2018 at 12:51 PM, 1 who Knocks-Nuihc said:

hahahah Khabib got him with a neck crank even tho they called it  choke. Noticed that he did not let go when McGregor tapped either. Then the leap over the cage top to go after McGregor's crew was just awesome.

Lol, I thought he was going to break his jaw, the little leprechaun giving up his back to the best grappler was just unbelievable, he looked like a little lost dog sitting against the cage. Maybe next time don’t insult a person’s Family, country and religion. I thought the leap into the crowd was great and I think most ‘Honest’ people loved it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Lol, I thought he was going to break his jaw, the little leprechaun giving up his back to the best grappler was just unbelievable, he looked like a little lost dog sitting against the cage. Maybe next time don’t insult a person’s Family, country and religion. I thought the leap into the crowd was great and I think most ‘Honest’ people loved it.

I just call that dude the bear. He wrestled bears when he was a kid. I have never seen so much fear in the little leprechauns eyes. He met his match. He better practice with a real bear next time. Keep your words soft and sweet, you never know when you will have to eat them. 

18 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Keep your words soft and sweet, you never know when you will have to eat them. 

Even with $100 million in the bank, he surely must have learnt his lesson, by all means talk the talk but the louder you shout the bigger fool you look when you get battered.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 1