Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies
This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  • Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  • Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  • If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!
Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):
  • Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea
Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I'm kikismom, walking dead fan and I'm partial to survival topics and doggerel verse.

(Apologies to the Mamas and the Papas)

All her sweaters are on, and her hair is gray,

What she's cooking on that grill, I really couldn't say

Terminus is scary, run the other way...

Stopped to pick a berry

I pretend to claim

Distract Joe from a wrapper

I saw along the way

Joe and the Merletones are pervy creeps

Got my crossbow poised to aim

This pursuit of Rick is trouble

Run the other way

"Sanctuary for All"--

but all have gone away?

Even the zombies are missing

What keeps them away?

Omens fall like anvils

The group should leave today

Season 4 is ending

In a very ugly way

• Love 3

Good to "see" you ghoulina! I can't wait to see the season finale, and I'm just as excited thinking about the shrieking headlines in the MSM about TWD--"TERMINUS: If You Think They Went Too Far With Lizzie You Ain't Seen Nothin Yet!"

• Love 3

Howdy all! But seriously, do these folks not have any spide-y sense? Everything about Terminus makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

PS. I was Puds38

Definitely. It's NOT one place I'd ever want to be in, that's for sure.

I was AntiBeeSpray over on TWOP, by the way. 

• Love 2

SpaghettiTuesdays - I'm already looking forward to the marathon AMC is sure to air before the next new episodes (yes, I am a little sick that way)!  It will be a very long summer.  I hope our intrepid spies are forthcoming with snippets of info about filming.

I am very pleased to see so many familiar names here, and to discover that this just might be a sanctuary for me.  :-)

• Love 2

Hey all, same name back at TWoP...

I can't wait until the fall, its way too long to wait (although Game of Thones starting up certainly helps)!  I definitely have a sneaking suspicious the hipsters at Terminus are Humanitarians so to speak so I'm anxious to see that play out!

• Love 1

I was just a lurker on TWoP, but when I heard it was closing, I decided to join over here.  Love, love The Walking Dead.  I think they start filming season 5 in a couple of weeks.  I have a few more weeks of Vikings to pass the time, at least.  Otherwise it's a long wait for October.

• Love 2

Hey, all! KarateKate, reporting for duty! Just... as the season is over. Whomp. Well, that's my M.O.

In fact, TWD is one of the only shows I watch in real time, after just starting in October. Netflix, On Demand and mid-season marathons meant I was caught up by mid-season break. Just in time to wait. 

And now... more waiting. This is why I usually watch shows once they're done and I can binge! I am so bad at the waiting part.

On a note about Zombie Binging, it's amazing how quickly I went from "can't watch when home alone" and "cover my eyes at the squick" to shouting out "NO!! Double tap the head, morons! Dead isn't dead!" My husband was alarmed. 

• Love 6

Well, I'm here.  It was a bumpy road, what with this guy named Joe, and this other guy with a funny mustache, and don't even get me started on the gal in the hot pants.  Oh, and there were a bunch of dead people wandering about, but they weren't the worst that was out there; in fact, they seemed tame compared to some of the living folk.  I ran into this young blonde who'd start singing at the strangest of times.  And this guy with an eye-patch.  What was that all about?

Anyway, here I am.  Do I  need to "claim" a spot, or just start yakking? 

Anyone got any rabbit?

• Love 2
(edited)

Hi, I was Spencer over at TwOp, I read a lot and loved the funny comments, but did not post often. I found it creepy that the Termites  had the same dialogue for each group

Something like " You look like you've been on the road a long time" and "Let me fix you a plate" All very scripted....super creepy. Can Not Wait for October !!

Edited by Daryleena
  • Love 3

Hiya! Madam magpie here and at TWoP.

I still can't believe that in any kind of apocalypse anyone would willingly go to a place called Terminus, especially Maggie and Glenn. Here's hoping there's more to it than just cannibals because cannibals on a zombie show just seems redundant.

• Love 2

Renamed this post because it read like it was about Terminus if you didn't know what the Small Talk threads were for beforehand. Also I killed 3 posts at the start by mistake. Sorry.

I also started a topic for talk about Terminus.

• Love 2

Confirmation that my job is full of losers...no one in my entire group watches the Walking Dead.  I said "claimed" when I went for my chair at the last department meeting and not one freaking person got it.  A group of IT geeks and I'm the only that watches?  Lame.

• Love 7
(edited)
Confirmation that my job is full of losers...no one in my entire group watches the Walking Dead.  I said "claimed" when I went for my chair at the last department meeting and not one freaking person got it.  A group of IT geeks and I'm the only that watches?  Lame.

That is a tragedy. I'm lucky enough to have a couple of people I work with to talk to about this show! I can't imagine no one "getting it".

• Love 1

Since we are not supposed to use this thread to talk about the show, I thought it would be the right place to add something I remembered after my post above (at 4/5/14--9:09pm), just sharing general fun stuff. (and things).

I'm thinking maybe some of you here would enjoy this as well (and I do wish we had something like this about TWD, I don't want the location maps available, I want the show universe know what I mean?).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2192882/Artists-sketch-floorplan-Friends-apartments-famous-TV-shows.html

oooh, kikismom, those are cool. I especially loved the Golden Girls and the one from the Jeffersons. I watched the Jeffersons when I was probably to young to be doing so. And GG, well, I can watch that show anytime. I have many of the seasons on dvd.

If you are ever in the real life area of TWD, the locations map is invaluable if you go sight-seeing!

• Love 1

Hi everyone....I was a lurker over at TWOP, but I decided to post over here.  This is gonna be fun!   SpaghettiTuesdays, the writers started to break the stories in January, and they'll start filming around the end of April.

• Love 3

Confirmation that my job is full of losers...no one in my entire group watches the Walking Dead.  I said "claimed" when I went for my chair at the last department meeting and not one freaking person got it.  A group of IT geeks and I'm the only that watches?  Lame.

This is awesome!

I am helloagain at TWOP also.  Nice to see familiar names (ghoulina, kikismom, former O2Sean) already!

• Love 2

Hey y'all,

Longtime TWoP lurker here. Super sad to see it go but thanks to everyone for mentioning this site. I bit the bullet and signed up and look forward to a lot of good discussion!

• Love 6
(edited)

I am glad I am not the only former TWoP lurker to come out of the shadows and make themselves known. 

TheBitchyWife, I also work with the lame.  Granted we are in the legal profession, so already lame. It would make the day a bit more enjoyable if I could discuss/analyze/obsess with someone about TWD, but that is what I came here to do and I am looking forward to it!

Edited by Tarable
  • Love 2

Well, my TWD buddies might appreciate this exchange at CasaKate:

6-year-old daughter: [displaying game cards from a kids meal] Those are your food choices.

MrKate: Well, not that one. It's a cat. We don't eat cats.

Daughter: No! Not cats. The *inside* of a cat. Where the meat is.

!!! What the what?!?!

• Love 3

I was eejm on TWoP, eejm here.  I'm not known for my creativity or good memory, I guess.  Anyway, I'm glad to be here and am new to the show.  Mr. eejm and I have binged watched most of the series over the past couple of weeks.

• Love 2

Well, my TWD buddies might appreciate this exchange at CasaKate:

6-year-old daughter: [displaying game cards from a kids meal] Those are your food choices.

MrKate: Well, not that one. It's a cat. We don't eat cats.

Daughter: No! Not cats. The *inside* of a cat. Where the meat is.

!!! What the what?!?!

Actually laughing out loud about this :)

• Love 1

Hey all - Ocean Chick here from TWoP.  Good to see a lot of familiar faces here.  Can't wait for next season to start.  So if Bob hasn't drank all the booze, where do I find it?  We got any bunny kabobs to put on the grill?  Finger foods?  Or do we just eat the entire hand?  LOL

• Love 1

And Jon Hamm is an AMC asset (?, snorts derisively ). When I read the news, I caught the faint scent of a jumped shark nearby.

It might be a threat if the rumor of major cast members demanding a raise has any truth to it; which would be crazy IMHO- these people are criminally underpaid considering the money AMC and Kirkman are raking in on this show, and the merchandising. If Jon Hamm happens as Negan, we're one step away from Beth being rescued by Justin Beiber in a Very Special Episode with Duet Single Downloadable On i-Tunes.

If Daryl dies, we riot...but if Negan is played by Don Draper we have to channel our inner Rick when they came upon Eyeglasses Guy...sometimes you just have to let it go and move on because it's too late to save now.

• Love 4