Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Homestead

I had to traverse through miles and miles of snow ala The Long Winter to get here. Can't wait for the snark fest and to get it going. I always hated Mary because she was a Mary Sue.

Edited by maraleia
  • Love 1

Princess,

I am honored that you remember that line, and hold it in such regard.  

Sometimes I go back and look at random pages and the brilliance of that thread will never be forgotten.  You are all such talented members (I said it).

I am very happy we still have a place to meet (meat?) up to discuss all things Prairie.

Thanks again for the shout out!

Hi everyone!  I know there's a separate song thread, but just this once:

Welcome back
Seeing TWoP close made us all frown
Welcome back
Like ML’s schlong, you can’t keep us down
The address may have changed, but we’re still around
With the same crazy friends we are glad we found
Glark, you know we love ya (Yes we surely love ya)
Just like Laura loved Pa (Laura really loved Pa)
Yeah, we’re going to Hell all because of ML
Welcome back.
welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

• Love 3

Of all the forae on TWoP, the Little House is the one that needs to be enshrined. 

I'm a Whedon, Deadwood, Criminal Minds fan, but I grew up with LHotP and that thread over the years has made me laugh harder than anything I've ever read on the internet. I'm upset the Buffy recaps won't be available, or the Trading Spaces, or the Deadwoods... but it is a true travesty that we're losing all those hilarious Walnut Grove words. 

It is wonderful that we have this very shiny new home that I'm terribly fond of already, but the thought of losing all those conversations is truly depressing.

*Waves at all of you that probably won't recognize me because I've had so many names at TwoP* Nice to see you all!

• Love 3
Guest Nova

I'm going to whittle some mlines for the front window!

Oh, and oyster crackers!

Someone left us crackers!

Woot!

Glad to see a new home for the jezebels! I was far too tertiary on the TWOP board, but I'll try to remedy that this time around. Actually, I was pretty much like Kezia. I'd pop up every once in awhile, just long enough so people could say, "I thought that crazy old bird had left town!" 

I'm still trying to finish reading the old forum before it disappears. I've always been about 3 or 4 years behind (damn life getting in the way!) I have about 450 pages to go. I think I'll be able to do it, as long as I don't Carrie myself too often while I'm reading.

I was carolinagirl63 on TWOP but now I'm BabyHouseman from my favorite movie, Dirty Dancing. I was mainly a lurker. I read every page of the forum and it's the funniest TWOP forum.

There were so many funny things from the TWOP forum, but this one is my all time favorite from Prairiegal:

Come, Mike told me, BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA.
We've got 15 minutes alone, BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA.
I played his schlong for him, BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA.
I played till lunch break was done, BWAH-HA-HA-HA, BWAH-HA-HA-HA, BWAH-HA-HA-HA.
So to pleasure him, BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA.
I rode his schlong.

...written during Christmas, 1978, by the makeup girl.

Edited by babyhouseman

Maybe the PreviouslyTV LHOTP thread will develop in its own style, instead of just duplicating the old TWOP thread.

Then again, it might not.  **turns and runs away**

Edited by Abra Came

I've still got a few dee-licious mutton sandwiches I picked up from those nice fellas just before we walked out of town singing Onward Christian Soldiers. 

I fed about 10 to Mr Edwards, its seems to have calmed him down a bit...

I was in Atlanta this weekend visiting family.   We went to the Atlanta history center.   They had a genuine Civil War supply wagon.   The guide said most of the wagons were then sold by the government after the war to the settlers who used them to settle the west.   The guide mentioned the Little House books and Laura specifically.   I, of course, immediately thought of all you all.   

I looked at the size of that wagon, turned to my dad and said "Can you imagine traveling for months with your entire family and all your wordly goods in one of those things?   Those suckers are SMALL.   Like compact car small when all is said and done.

In my Little House on the Prairie Quilt Book, the author said she had visited the Plum Creek Museum and seen the sod house where they all lived.   She said it was the size of a freight elevator.   Imagine, Uptight Ma, Pa and his beard, Prisspot Mary, Laura and Carrie all living in a space that size.   No wonder you heard stories of folks just going nuts of offing people.

• Love 2

I went on a trip to the Southwest last May and saw some prairie houses. My first thought, other than being afraid for the poor souls who were stuck under collapsed roofs, was how they made any babies with the homes more like huts. It's enough to scar a poor kid forever.

I built the house from the show on the Sims and they had a pretty difficult time of it (the Sims did). I may have cheated and made kids sleep in the barn, but hey, that's what they did to Albert, IIRC.

Hi. I was a long time lurker at TWoP and always enjoyed popping in and seeing what witty things you were coming up with. I read the LH books when I was a child and bought a set for my daughter who has passed them along to my granddaughter.

I watched the first few seasons of the show but the TWoP forum has made me regret not continuing to watch as it derailed. I have to struggle sometimes to find the context.

So I will probably just continue to lurk but I wanted to holler a quick hello.

Hi everyone!  I don't expect a single soul to remember me from the TWoP thread, but I posted for a while (several years ago) as "wgcreeper."  I wasn't as tertiary as your average typhus victim, but pretty darned close.  I may strive to be more on the level of a Christy Kennedy or a Judd Larrabee.  A girl can dream! 

Well ,I had to join the fun here. We have had many good times at TWOP , and the stagecoach , so with one site closing , it will be nice to have a new site to meet and talk. And there is separate threads here as well. And with the shows listed by letters , it will be easy to find. 

So I don't know if any of you remember me, I hardly ever posted on TWOP but I loved to read the little house section.  I DO remember being called "a real live Jezebel" by one of you (and I'm honored, BTW) for telling you all I am a burlesque performer.  Anywa, glad I found out about this site.  Love to you all.

Welcome to the denizens of one of the most insanely crazy and committed threads on TWoP.  Although I rarely posted, I often read and reveled in your snark.  I grew up on this show (I'm old, shut up) and love to mock it.  I'll be hanging around some as mod of this thread for the time being.  So be good everyone.  Don't make me lock you in a cellar and force you to put on my dead daughter's clothes!

• Love 3

Hey, bubbacat! Don't make me wrestle you and draw all over your face with magic marker!

Welcome to all the newbies and ex-lurkers.  Everyone is welcome and if anyone has trouble, we'll ask Pa to give an inspirational sermon.

Please read boilerplate below before posting in this thread.  There is a "general discussion" thread for, well, general discussion of the show.  But not here.  Thanks.

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

• Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  • Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  • If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Greetings.

The other day, on ISP channel, .~ Bake them brown! ~ 

< weep>