Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Busted

Cranberry

AfterEllen page just posted an article regarding last episode, Ellen mentioned that in the middle of episode screening she started counting OMG moments, got to number 50 and stopped counting... Seems like midseason finale would be quite interesting...

I think these writers just suck at endings.

Also, was that entire dream Karma's? I'm confused.

Edit: Interview with Carter Covington:

AMY & KARMA | First, the good news: “In the end, I really wanted fans to know that [Karma and Amy are] going to be OK,” Covington says. “She’s going to forgive Amy and try to move forward in their friendship.” Now, the weird news: “That dream Karma had shows her feelings are complicated. There are definitely still trust issues. Plus, she was dreaming about herself kissing Amy, so what’s that?”

I'm not angry, at least. It ended with Karma forgiving Amy and Amy and Reagan happily camping (I assume), so things are good there, at least for now. It just felt anticlimactic to me, and too much of a tease as to Karma's feelings. If she'd just had a dream about Amy, that would be one thing, but why dream about Reagan and Amy, and then about herself in Reagan's place, and then Liam and Amy? It's like they were trying to pack too many ideas into that dream.

• Love 1

I will have to admit I only watched parts of the ep. I was too caught up in the Person of Interest episode. However did see the last few minutes. The ending was a bit confusing but really it is Karma's mind so I expect nothing less. But at least we got some insight into her mind. I think they were trying for Karma's version of Amy's dream in ep 1x2 however, they also decided to add the whole trust part as well. So basically they tried to tie in Karma's confusion for her feelings for Amy and show she still has trust issues with both Liam and Amy. It was a little too much but at least things seem to moving somewhere as opposed to the stalemate the show had been most of this season.

Also Lauren in power seems like something that will be fun to watch but won't end well.

Edited by ybrik
  • Love 1

No seriously, WTF was that ending? I thought the dream was Amy at first but now knowing it's Karma's I'm so confused. lol Basically Karma doesn't trust Amy and Liam still, might have feelings for Amy and is jealous of Reagan and Amy?

Mean while everyone saw Leo/Theo as a cop. The writers/cast tried so hard to convince us it was different.

Xander Harris hates Liam as well.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 3

Heh, yeah, didn't someone say that we'd never guess what was up with Theo? Many people called him as a cop weeks ago.

I like that Lauren is "out" now and that she's going to be in power. I think that'll be fun.

I like Shane, but I'm annoyed that his outing Duke was shown to be the right choice in this situation (leading to a public love confession, of all things!). Outing someone against their will is not okay.

I like that Amy confirmed, once again, that she has absolutely no feelings for Liam and that the sex was about hurting Karma, not any kind of curiosity about being with Liam.

And Liam... meh. I don't care about his pain. He can suck it up until his parents have paid his way through university, and once he's an adult and not dependent on them, he can do whatever he wants. But apparently he's going to lie to Karma about his internship at Skwerkel, so clearly he learned nothing this season.

• Love 1

Amy's hate for Liam is beautiful because even though she doesn't show it to Karma you can so see it in her eyes. lol I don't even hate Liam but I just love Amy's hate for him. I do think he's a bit of a woe is me of the worst kind. Marissa Cooper was a poor little rich girl with actual problems. Liam found out his sister was his mom and then ended up embarrassing her when he should've been more pissed at his so called "parents." for forcing his sister to keep that lie at a young age.

Shane is a really unlikable character with him outing folks. That's just not cool at all. I still like him though. lol

Eh, wasn't that great of a finale but it was just a mid season finale I guess. That dream scene was just too damn confusing

Maybe it's just me but I think Karma going to Liam was her built up sexual frustration over Amy. She was panicking over something because that was weird and un Karma like. Does this mean we're finally gonna go there with Karma possibly having feelings for Amy? I can't believe how happy I am at the possibility because I guess that Karma and Amy shipper in me from season 1 is still there. And also I would prefer that relationship, because of the history, to Reagan and Amy. I know, I know, she's hot and Amy's happy but makeout scene after makeout scene doesn't keep me interested in a couple no matter how hot. There's no substance there, I don't even feel like Reagan's a character, but she's popular so I should probably get used to her.

Poor Lauren but I totally called Theo being a cop.

And just for the record, I know people love Amy but she messed up, I can't believe people were actually angry at Karma for lashing out saying she was a bad friend. I think she had the right to. I would've loved for them to not patch things up so quickly though. The cliffhanger should've been Karma walking out on Amy

• Love 1

Yeah people are so weird when it comes to Karma. I don't get people calling her a bitch at all. Karma if anything is just shallow, self centered teen but bitch she is not. Amy did an ultimate betrayal on Karma. I love Amy but she fucked up big time. People are just so mad at Karma for daring to not having feelings for Amy.

I think I'm more confused on why Karma had sex with Liam in the first place. Jesus didn't these people watch Mean Girls? Coach Carr explains why having sex is a bad thing.

Oh and Farrah continues to be my favorite Republican Pageant Queen.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 1

I find myself unmoved by the possibility that Karma may feel some attraction to Amy after all. I think it's more likely that she's confused and jealous, and I'm definitely not blaming anyone for the contents of a dream. But if the show really is going to play it that now that everything has blown up and been re-assembled, Karma suddenly changes her mind and announces she does want to be Amy's girlfriend, that's not interesting to me, it just annoying. I don't really think Karma's bitchy (you want bitchy? Go see lauren!), but she is just too much of a flaky teen for me. She wasn't wrong this week, and I actually liked her more when she was angry than I usually like her when she's just a ditz, but fundamentally she's the most teeny teen character on the show and I find her hard to warm to because I never had any interest in kids like her when I was in high school, and so basically I still don't have any interest in her now. She's not a bad person or anything, she just bores me and I can't understand Amy's attachment to her at all. They've told us it's there, but never really shown me any reason for it.

Liam's dad was a pretty huge dick to Liam, extracting that promise in exchange for pulling strings for Karma's family. I also find myself unmoved by Liam, even though objectively he has been working at redemption. I just find I don't care about him, even when I think I should.

I have nothing new to say about Shane. The worst paart is that I can't htink oif a single thing that could hurt him like he hurts everyone aroundh im. He's the sort of person who has no vulnerabilities because he's just kind of too into himself to care about anything else. So I have a terrible sick feeling about wherever his story is headed, and I assume there will be nothing to comfort me when it blows up.

Lauren really let her guard down with Theo. I wonder if he lied to her about faking his interest, because his boss was there and she's underage. But I liked seeing her mask fall, and wasn't sure how I felt when she decided to take advantage of the opportunity to be elected based on her "freak status" instead of her preferred method if "queen bitch dominating." It's the kind of victory she doesn't want, but might settle for. What I wonder is whether she will ultimately regret being out, or if she will find it liberates her.

Amy's mom telling Amy bluntly that she'd messed up irredeemably was awesome. No sugar-coating, despite her syrupy sweet voice.

• Love 3
I like Shane, but I'm annoyed that his outing Duke was shown to be the right choice in this situation (leading to a public love confession, of all things!). Outing someone against their will is not okay.

I think Duke doesn't know it was Shane who outed him.. He probably suspect that girl to come with it on her own, so he confessed.

There were some good moments in this episode. Amy and her mom in the opening, every scene with Lauren in it (wow is that actress too good for this show), and maybe Amy's heartfelt jail speech to get Karma back. 

On the other hand Shane outing Duke and receiving a declaration of love in return? No way. Shane was back in full jerk mode and did not deserve to be rewarded for that behavior. Also, they haven't built the story-line enough between those two for declarations of love to make sense, though I appreciate that's tough in a 10 episode run. The show's continued need to martyr Liam was another miss for me (we get it Carter, Liam is the nicest boy ever who would sacrifice anything for his love interest). I feel like they are over-compensating for writing him as a bit of a douche bag in S1 (the threesome, obsession with sleeping with a lesbian etc). 

I don't understand what was motivating Karma's sex with Liam. Was she feeling possessive, needing to stamp her ownership on him? Was she channeling sexual desire for Amy? Was she thanking him in a way for what he did for her parents? There simply wasn't enough information given to the audience. 

Similarly the dream...Wow. I have no idea what that was about. Until I checked this thread I assumed it was some sort of weird amalgam of Amy dreaming about Karma, and then Karma dreaming about Amy and Liam. But if it was all Karma that makes it even more confusing. Why would she dream about Reagan and Amy? Is her insecurity about Amy and Liam going to cross over into next season? 

Edited by Misty79

Even though Karma dreamt of kissing Amy I don't see her confessing that any time soon to her. And I don't want her to, at least not in season 2B. I'm not surprised that she went back to Liam...totally called that. Liam helps keep her cover her true feelings for someone else.

I like that the dream sequence showed that Karma still mistrust Amy & Liam even though she forgave them on the surface. I hope that story plays out next year.

Why would she dream about Reagan and Amy? Because she's jealous of Reagan. She has what she secretly desires.

Reagan and Amy won't last, but at least Amy got some experience under her belt.

Even though I like Shane I hope he faces some consequences for his actions in 2B.

Theo being a cop was no surprise Carter...people figured that out weeks ago. I never would've guessed that Lauren was intersex...now that was a secret I did not see coming.

Edited by Milks26

On screen chemistry is such a funny thing. It's either there between the actors or it's not.

I just don't feel the chemistry with Karma and Liam, which is a problem for the show. For Karma I think I subconsciously root for her to get with Amy, as they had better chemistry. With Amy, I prefer her to be with Reagan. With Liam, believe it or not, I think he has his best chemistry with Amy! So the show needs to work on that. Or I do. :) 

Edited by Misty79
  • Love 1

I've seen people state that viewpoint on different boards that Liam & Amy's have chemistry.....I don't see it. I think he meshes with Karma well. Reagan seems to be  just a passing wind. I would like to see Amy and Karma with other people before Karmy happens.

Edited by Milks26

I've seen people state that viewpoint on different boards that Liam & Amy's have chemistry.....I don't see it. I think he meshes with Karma well. Reagan just me is a passing wind. I would like to see Amy and Karma with other people before Karmy happens.

I seem to be in the minority when I think Reagan and Amy have plenty of chemistry. That kiss between Amy and Reagan in Karma's (?) dream was actually really hot to me. I'd also like to see Karma have a different love interest other than Amy and Liam. Karma as a character needs more fleshing out on her own, away from the other two. 

On an unrelated note, this EW writer seems to have interpreted the dream sequence the way I did, with Amy dreaming the first half and Karma the second:

http://community.ew.com/2014/11/25/faking-it-finale-busted/

Just goes to show that Carter has confused the audience there, if he really wanted that to be all Karma's dream. I'd like to see him give some more interviews on that, so I can understand what he intended. It could be that he's just Karmy baiting again. If it's all Karma I think you could construe that dream as all about her insecurities - she thinks Amy is just messing around with attractions to Reagan and herself when she's really after Liam. 

Shane is just a little shit, honestly. Stop outing people, you turd.

I'm sick of Karmy, even if they're supposed to be endgame. At least it ended up being Karma's dream instead of Amy's, because I was not looking forward to Amy still being so hung up on her.

Katie Stevens really wasn't fooling anyone when she claimed that no one had correctly guessed Theo's secret.

And yeah, I feel like fandom tends to excuse a lot of Amy's misbehavior a lot. 

I seem to be in the minority when I think Reagan and Amy have plenty of chemistry.

I don't think you're in the minority! At least not on tumblr, lmao. 

Edited by galax-arena

I seem to be in the minority when I think Reagan and Amy have plenty of chemistry. That kiss between Amy and Reagan in Karma's (?) dream was actually really hot to me.

Don't get me wrong I think they do have a spark...I just don't think it burns that bright to last forever.

galax  Trust me Amy is still hung up on Karma.

Sure, but the longer the show goes without explicitly addressing it, the longer I can pretend it doesn't exist. 

I'd prefer they made it clearer, one way or the other. I'd sort of hoped that the "woah" "I know" sequence was a straight forward Karma dream, just so we'd have some clarity about what goes on inside her head. At this point we haven't really been allowed in there. We know Amy so well, we've seen her dreams, we've seen her talk about Karma with everyone that matters to her. But not so Karma. The conversation with Liam in the car after that group date was the closest we've gotten, and that didn't exactly shut the door on Karmy. She could have been dreaming about Amy this whole time, and we haven't seen that perspective. Maybe it's a deliberate choice to limit her POV to keep Karmy fans hoping, I don't know. 

At this point I don't see Karma and Amy as end game. And if they're not I'd really like the writers to stop with the faking us out stuff because they've developed solid characters with their own relationships that we can appreciate without the whole Karmy thing the show revolved around in S1. 

Liam's (grand)father is not only a dick, he is also an idiot. Liam is never, ever going to be any good at being a suit. Being a corporate shark requires intellect, hunger and ambition. His momster? I can believe her running a behemoth. Liam? Nope on all 3 counts. And that should just be obvious to his family, if its obvious to us, on much less exposure.
Frankly, given that we have already seen that they think dynastic marriages are not medieval, the most sensible thing to do is to set him up with some lady that actually has a prayer of not cratering the company if he ever inherits, and who wouldn't mind an artistic house husband that came with family connections. Surely squirkle has half a dozen of those? Or is the same sexism that blinds him to the fact that the momster is the better choice blinding him to that too?

I love Regan. I love that she sets boundaries, but is willing to negotiate them. I love the honest enthusiasm she has about all the fun bits of being lady-gay, and I love her face. Amy really should kick herself if she fucks that up due to her Karma obsession, because Regan is just so much better at being a girlfriend. 

The dream was fun, tough I do wonder just how many times the writers have watched inception. Karmy was dreaming that Amy was sleeping with Liam while dreaming of sleeping with Regan and Karma? Okay then, what, exactly, did you eat for supper Karmy? Because that's some convoluted dreaming. 

Relevant questions 

That was sort of anti-climactic for a mid-season finale. So, Amy and Karma are on their way to healing and Karma and Liam are sort of hooking up again and there are unresolved hurt feelings and... yeah. What a cliffhanger.

I really wish they'd just give Reagan and Amy lots of hot makeout scenes where Reagan doesn't have to talk. They've got heat, but that actress playing Reagan is getting worse every episode. 

Was that Theo thing supposed to be a big reveal? Didn't the entire audience predict he was a cop practically from his introduction?

guess  the point of that was so that Shane can be flying sky-high and they can be blissfully in love and then it all comes crashing down around Shane when Duke finds out Shane was the one who outed him. But it's tiresome that they keep having him repeat this same cruel "mistake."

I must be the worst lesbian ever because I couldn't identify the celesbians that were in this episode. Please someone help me!!!

As for the episode, I am conflicted about everything except Lauren's story.

Julie Goldman was the only one I recognized, so I'm guessing all the "cell mates" in holding were the referred to celesbians? That's all I got.

Also, I don't really care about pooooor Liam. So if he doesn't pursue the line of work his gramps wants him to, he has to find a job and support himself after high school like most adult humans instead of being bankrolled by a multi-millionaire while he pursues an art career? My heart's not exactly bleeding.

• Love 3

Definitely a solid episode, at least IMHO, mainly thanks to Rita and Bailey.  They killed it this episode, which almost made up for the fact they spent season 2A keeping secrets we knew would come out eventually (Amy more so than Lauren).  

I didn't even mind the Karma/Liam hooked up at the end.  Karma can sleep with whoever she wants, as far as I am concerned, she just needs to stop being ditzy and love struck.

Shane's a dick, even if his character is awesome, and I don't get why Duke told the whole world he loved Shane over national television.  I'm sorry but Shane was pushing Duke really hard to come out and then like two days after they broke up, Duke's gay hookup profile gets leaked to the media.  Shouldn't he at least be a little suspicious?

As for the ending, the writers probably wanted it to be confusing as all hell.  My guess is they wanted us to spend the next several months talking about the show, without giving the fandom another huge middle finger.  If I had to guess, Karma is jealous of Reagan, concerned she is losing Amy, and still pissed Liam and Amy hooked up.  Also I think she is more pissed with Liam than Amy or closer to truly forgiving Amy, based how Amy and Liam acted in the dream.  Hopefully next season focuses more Karma's POV so she becomes more fleshed out as a character.

• Love 3

I must be the worst lesbian ever because I couldn't identify the celesbians that were in this episode. Please someone help me!!!

As for the episode, I am conflicted about everything except Lauren's story.

Wasn't one of the girls in jail, the one who said her cousin was a doctor (?) one of the people on The People's Couch?

At this point I don't see Karma and Amy as end game. And if they're not I'd really like the writers to stop with the faking us out stuff because they've developed solid characters with their own relationships that we can appreciate without the whole Karmy thing the show revolved around in S1. 

But isn't this karmy thing what the show's about? Platonic or romantic isn't the whole show about their relationship and how others factor into it and how it effects their relationship? I personally wouldn't be satisfied watching Karma interacting more with Liam or Amy interacting more with Reagan than with each other, it'll seem so foreign to me.

But isn't this karmy thing what the show's about? Platonic or romantic isn't the whole show about their relationship and how others factor into it and how it effects their relationship? I personally wouldn't be satisfied watching Karma interacting more with Liam or Amy interacting more with Reagan than with each other, it'll seem so foreign to me.

Oh yeah. I don't mean put an end to their best friend dynamic. In that regard I'd be most happy to see it go back to the way it was early on in S1 - though I guess that wouldn't produce much drama. I'd just like them to stop toying with the idea of Karma and Amy being a romantic couple. That or a clear sign that Karma is interested in that way. I was looking for some closure on that issue and this episode - predictably, despite the promo - sadly did not deliver that for me.

We've now had Karma's reaction to the threesome kiss, her strange reaction to Amy kissing the Brazilian girl and now maybe a dream that involved her (and Reagan and Liam) making out with Amy. I guess I'd just like to know, are they going anywhere with that? Or are they baiting a fandom? Or am I just imputing things that aren't even really there? I'd like Karma and Amy to either be BFFs and that's it, or they properly develop the Karmy thing because it feels like we're never going to invest properly in Amy or Karma's relationships with other people if they keep teasing it. 

• Love 1

Or am I just imputing things that aren't even really there? I'd like Karma and Amy to either be BFFs and that's it, or they properly develop the Karmy thing because it feels like we're never going to invest properly in Amy or Karma's relationships with other people if they keep teasing it. 

Perhaps not properly investing in Amy and Karma's other relationships is intentional. I think the most effort, writing wise, in a relationship on this show is Karma and Amy. I always kinda thought this story line was leading towards these two being together. This is a classic best friends fall in love scenario, they call each other soulmates, just with two girls.

But yeah I totally get what you mean. I wished they made it absolutely clear that yes Karma has feelings for Amy instead of the crappy inception thing that confused everyone so we can move on from there. This show must think it has more seasons coming up so they can afford to be slow, but they need to hurry it up people will start to be annoyed with it all eventually.

• Love 1

Oh yeah. I don't mean put an end to their best friend dynamic. In that regard I'd be most happy to see it go back to the way it was early on in S1 - though I guess that wouldn't produce much drama. I'd just like them to stop toying with the idea of Karma and Amy being a romantic couple. That or a clear sign that Karma is interested in that way. I was looking for some closure on that issue and this episode - predictably, despite the promo - sadly did not deliver that for me.

We've now had Karma's reaction to the threesome kiss, her strange reaction to Amy kissing the Brazilian girl and now maybe a dream that involved her (and Reagan and Liam) making out with Amy. I guess I'd just like to know, are they going anywhere with that? Or are they baiting a fandom? Or am I just imputing things that aren't even really there? I'd like Karma and Amy to either be BFFs and that's it, or they properly develop the Karmy thing because it feels like we're never going to invest properly in Amy or Karma's relationships with other people if they keep teasing it. 

One thing you missed - It was Karma's dream, and it all had one person in common... Amy.. maybe for the first time, even if it was just a dream, which usually projects your thoughts about some issue, Karma was thinking about Amy in a completely different way. They didn't had to spoil more with this, second part of the season will pick this up i'm sure of it.

Btw, for anybody interested, last night episode got 891k viewers, with 0.4 rating in P18-49, and 1.26 in F12-34. (second most watched show in that demo, Awkward being the first with 1.46). Episode was up by 50k viewers from last week.

Statistically, Season 1 had 950k viewers in average, while 10 episodes of Season 2 had 790k viewers per episode, which is decrease of 16k viewers, yet considering it was aired in fall, when competition is strongest, its performance was quite stable.

Edited by JaM

There's a video interview with Carter

. An excerpt:

"Whereas I think Amy was very primed in the pilot to start this journey of discovery, I think Karma is way more reluctant to go on it than Amy was. And so, it's gonna be a gradual process for her to let down her defenses and realize that her feelings for Amy may be more complicated than she expected. And so, this finale sets up a step in that. But that's gonna be the kind of path of the series, and I'm excited to watch it unfold. I hope everyone else is, too."

• Love 1

. An excerpt:

"Whereas I think Amy was very primed in the pilot to start this journey of discovery, I think Karma is way more reluctant to go on it than Amy was. And so, it's gonna be a gradual process for her to let down her defenses and realize that her feelings for Amy may be more complicated than she expected. And so, this finale sets up a step in that. But that's gonna be the kind of path of the series, and I'm excited to watch it unfold. I hope everyone else is, too."

Thanks for that. So it seems he does intend for Karmy to happen at some point in the distant future. Assuming he means "complicated" in a romance sense, of course. I'm still not sure that means they are end game.

The main issue I guess is that I'm not sure he'll get the season pickups to get there. The ratings are okay, but not stellar.

. An excerpt:

Interesting. I don't think he'll have enough time to explore what he wants though. Unless ratings hold up we'll never actually see them in a full fledge relationship but we will see them admit feelings

As for karma feelings for Amy. Not surprising that had to be the next step otherwise what else would they do? I like how Carters telling the story though, slowly. He's not rushing them at all, he's brought other people in their lives, but he's still making their relationship the most important and now with karma feelings it's something new to explore. I think he always intended for karma and Amy to end up together though who knows if he's gonna change his mind or not but I think he likes that he gets to tell it his way

Interesting. I don't think he'll have enough time to explore what he wants though. Unless ratings hold up we'll never actually see them in a full fledge relationship but we will see them admit feelings

As for karma feelings for Amy. Not surprising that had to be the next step otherwise what else would they do? I like how Carters telling the story though, slowly. He's not rushing them at all, he's brought other people in their lives, but he's still making their relationship the most important and now with karma feelings it's something new to explore. I think he always intended for karma and Amy to end up together though who knows if he's gonna change his mind or not but I think he likes that he gets to tell it his way

Slowly is okay, but I still think they needed to be a bit clearer that this was a Karma dream at the end. Some people in the media (see the EW interview I linked) thought they were two different dream sequences there, one Amy's and one Karma's. I myself wasn't sure until I came here. 

My thought was the writers were being opaque as a way to hedge whether to develop Karmy or not, but it sounds like it was just 'subtle' writing. Kind of the opposite of the last finale, where they hit us over the head with a sledge hammer! 

Thanks for the link. Hopefully Carter gets to tell his story in the timeline he has laid out. For an MTV show the ratings are pretty good - its not that far off from Awkward and that show is now on its 5th and last season if I can remember what I read online correctly.

Thanks for the link. Hopefully Carter gets to tell his story in the timeline he has laid out. For an MTV show the ratings are pretty good - its not that far off from Awkward and that show is now on its 5th and last season if I can remember what I read online correctly.

I'm not sure Awkward is a good reference point as its ratings are about half what they used to be.

The only highlight of the episode for me were the parts featuring Lauren. Everyone else aggravated me.

Amy punched a cop without consequences

Karma parents are drug dealers who got off without consequences

Liam's whatever was too boring to get into (and I used to defend some of his behavior but I'm bored of him now)

Shane outed someone again

I don't know if I can watch this show much longer. The only appeal is Lauren and the winning class president because she's a unique candidate feels like a reverse discrimination. Based not on merit but on an inverse scale of 'normalness'. It's like the school is a breeding ground for hipsters liking things ironically or something.

It grates. Maybe it's just because I've been released from the hospital and this episode was less funny and more what was the point of this episode?

I'm not sure Awkward is a good reference point as its ratings are about half what they used to be.

True, but if you look at other MTV programs, they don't have higher ratings either. Faking it and Awkward are actually above everything else that is on MTV at this point, especially in Female demographics. For renew/cancel decision actual viewership numbers are not that important, as is the difference to other programs on the same TV. Faking it is above  the MTV averages, and so is Awkward. Yet Awkward is there for 5 seasons already, and they already announced the final season. So, unless some new programing they come with now would be a huge hit with much higher ratings than these two, it is safe to say Faking it will get 3rd season. Unless second part of Season 2 goes down with ratings to Happyland level (300-400k viewers and 0.2 in demo) which i dont believe would happen, after all, fall is most competitive time of year, and Faking it held quite steady.

Edited by JaM

True, but if you look at other MTV programs, they don't have higher ratings either. Faking it and Awkward are actually above everything else that is on MTV at this point, especially in Female demographics. For renew/cancel decision actual viewership numbers are not that important, as is the difference to other programs on the same TV. Faking it is above  the MTV averages, and so is Awkward. Yet Awkward is there for 5 seasons already, and they already announced the final season. So, unless some new programing they come with now would be a huge hit with much higher ratings than these two, it is safe to say Faking it will get 3rd season. Unless second part of Season 2 goes down with ratings to Happyland level (300-400k viewers and 0.2 in demo) which i dont believe would happen, after all, fall is most competitive time of year, and Faking it held quite steady.

It depends on what MTV considers good. Awkward is a long way off its highs. I've been watching that show since it started and it used to break 2 million, which was great for MTV. Teen Wolf is now their flagship teen show and I think it still rates over 2 million. I gave up on it after S1. 

You're right about the female demo, that will count for something. I think the finale of Faking It did really well to go up at the same time that Awkward's finale was actually a week on week drop. It's holding almost all of that lead-in audience. The problem is the lead-in is doing pretty crap. 

Faking It pairs very naturally with Awkward. The question is what do they do with Faking It post Awkward? I can see it actually doing better with a stronger lead-in, or maybe being given the earlier slot itself. 

If I remember correctly, Episode 8 scored around 2.8 million viewers for entire week after its airing, and it got into top 25 cable shows of that week as number 18. Awkward even wasn't on that list.. which suggest that people are watching Faking It more, but not at the time it is aired.

I'm really curious to see what happens with Lauren in Season 2B. She's been a really loved character of mine ever since her character development started showing in Season 1, and I'm kind of concerned for how things will play out. In my opinion, I don't think she was ready for the entire school to know about her being intersex and I doubt things are going to end well with her running for Class President. Seemingly everyone is comfortable and accepting about her condition, but it's quite obvious to me that she is not. No matter how much other people accept her, if she's not comfortable within herself then she's certainly not going to be happy. 

Karma's dream sequence has me really hoping that Season 2B will dive into Karma's exploration of her sexuality and especially her thought process. So far they've showed Karma as a main character but haven't really showed things from her point of view, to me anyway. I want to understand more about her mindset and I'm really hoping I'll get to see this. 

Shane needs to attend 'I Constantly Out People Anonymous' meetings. 

Anyway.. I don't know. I still think Duke is going to be heartbroken because I honestly can't see Shane loving but himself right now. He seems like he's into the chase. And the fact that Duke confessed love right away, what's the timeframe here, a month? Come on. I think Shane just wanted him out. I honestly really think Shane hasn't ever been in a committed relationship for longer than 3 seconds. 

I'm so with you. Shane is not in love with Duke but will appreciate and swoon that he is. Shane is probably the longest b/f that Duke has had and is confusing it with love. Season 2B will show Duke getting a lot of attention for being out, and Shane feeling guilty that he outed him and his actions has him sharing time with Duke.

Shane has had no real character growth yet. The show opened up with Liam bedding all the girls til Karma came along - but Shane has never really settled down or had any real growth on the show. Just when you think its going to happen he goes right back to 'being Shane'.

With the season being uneven it kinda was, but it was still a fun ride, hopefully the second half will be more focused. I The only episode I really did not like was episode 3.