Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

We did this in grade four in Canada. I chose Holland cus it was the only book left in our small school library. To this day. .you have a question about Holland and Google is down? Hit me up :)

Isn't it called the Netherlands?

Because the Netherlands is full of canals. .they make them learn to swim in school to prevent accidental drowning. Some lessons even take place while they are fully clothed so they have practice with heavier weight to recover.

Swimming lessons are part of the primary school (ages 5 to 12) curriculum in Australia too. My school was within walking distance to the beach, so we had swimming lessons there for 2-4 weeks in February every year, regardless of whether conditions were nice or choppy. I hated them.
  • Love 1

Isn't it called the Netherlands? Swimming lessons are part of the primary school (ages 5 to 12) curriculum in Australia too. My school was within walking distance to the beach, so we had swimming lessons there for 2-4 weeks in February every year, regardless of whether conditions were nice or choppy. I hated them.

I wish they'd do that here.  Every summer, some poor kids manage to get themselves swept out to sea when they go swimming after the lifeguards leave.

But then again, that's the screwed up nature of the beaches in NJ.  You have to pay to use them, and most people don't want to out or principle or can't afford to.  And since there is no municipal pool, there's no swimming lessons, or at least there wasn't until the school district put a pool in at the high school.  

• Love 1

Yea! I wa t this to be Anonymous. I got as far as entering CC and it's asking me to Confirm. After I do that will it ask if I want to be Anonymous?

can this be shared beyond our group here or is it truly private only for us to participate? also, i want to donate but i dont understand how it works? is there a credit card option or pay pal or what?

it looks like credit/debit card only

I never really understood the hyphenating with -American afterwards. At what point do you stop? I'm 8 different things and it would be ridiculous to say all of them (English, Norwegian, Irish, German, Scottish, Welsh, French-Canadian, Cherokee). My great-grandparents emigrated from Norway so that's the closest I am generation wise to another country. 

I just wonder if maybe things might be better if everyone in the US just referred to themselves as Americans, rather than immediately highlighting a difference? (that's probably naive thinking, but one can hope).

Well, in our case, it ended with my daughter, whose heritage goes into 32ds. I would, however, not have been the one to judge my immigrant grandparents from italy who were called mafiosi and not allowed into public hospitals or my immigrant grandmother from Ireland who saw "No Irish Need Apply" and "No Irish or Dogs" signs in store windows growing up, no matter what they chose to call themselves. It's not my place to tell people how to self-define. 

• Love 4

My daughter says she is on the Asian persuasion and has SWAG ( Stuff We Asians Got). She does a lot of explaining that she is not Chinese but other then that she finds that people are almost always coming from a good place and she likes when people asks questions instead of assuming .

Heinz 57 myself.  The husband is Pole and Slovak, with one of his grandparents being born on the boat on the way over.  I maybe once or twice a year start digging into the geneology but it's very time consuming depending how deep you want to go.   I did find that one of my ancestors was the daughter of a Baron...by his girlfriend.     

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Love 3

Thank you JenCarroll for setting up the shower and for Wanderwoman for letting us help! I see the goal has been reached and a lot of our regulars haven't checked in yet. I'm honored to be a part of such a truly loving group.

• Love 4

Hee! That was my first thought as well. We clearly have some devious tendencies.

Years ago, before cell phones, I was in Fresno, CA, on a Sunday morning,.  I was gay bashed by a group of men who proceeded to chase me in my car until I drove the wrong way on a one-way street, into on-coming traffic.  I got to safety and called 911.  I was basically told that they had very few police working on Sunday mornings.  Or, as the operator explained it, "They have families too.  They want to spend time with them and go to church."    When I caught up with my friends, I suggested we start knocking off liquor stores.  After all, there were so few police working, they wouldn't know where to go.

Just want to say thank you for the well-wishes. My mother's surgery went well. She had to stay overnight because her oxygen levels needed to be monitored, but she is coming home today. I did have a panic attack seeing her hooked up to all the wires and monitors. It was hard seeing her like that. A nurse was very understanding of my anxiety and brought me some iced water and an ice pack to help calm me down.

In the cardiac surgical unit at Cleveland Clinic, while the patients are in surgery, they have a nurse explain to the families what they will see in the CSICU.  They emphasize that you should figure out if you'll be okay going in and also how to alert someone if you don't feel okay/are getting overwhelmed.  After all, they don't need you to become another patient.  It is an excellent program.  I am so glad the nurse was on it and helped you so you could be there for your mom.  .  On to the healing phase for mom! 

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 7

It also has a lot to do with persecution.  Hear me out.  (And I'm not trying to stir the pot.)  Certain immigrant populations faced a lot of opposition when they first got to the US, the Irish famously when they came across in droves during the Famine, but later the Italian, Eastern European, Jewish, etc. communities.  A lot of it has to do with religion, as the Irish and Italians are traditionally Catholic, and the majority of the US was some denomination of Protestant and they'd all come from Europe that wasn't that far off from the Hundred Years War and other religious conflicts in the long wake of the Reformation.  Eastern European immigrants would see it later, as would Jews.  They're the "great other" to the white Protestant ruling class (not throwing any shade on white Protestants here).  It also has a lot to do with the fact that the immigrant communities had a tendency to move en masse from port city to coal mine or sugar cane field or Midwestern Land Grant farms and essentially keep a good bit of their native culture alive with them.  With the Irish and Italians, it's especially strong because of the close ties between Ireland and Italy and the US, the common cross-travel between them, and the fact that the Irish have gone through about three or four great waves of immigration and still, to this day, it's common to have and know family in Ireland.  

My people are largely Irish, English, Scots and Dutch, but I don't bother with hyphenation as we're so far removed from those countries of origin for the most part (except for that one Irish great grandmother) that it's kind of pointless.  Hell, my own Irish-blooded relatives used to complain about the Irish.  They took great joy in reminding everyone they were Lace Curtain Irish, meaning their family had come across in the 1750's before the Famine, and not some johnny-come-lately Famine Irish or worse, Ignorant Bog Trotting Irish that came over in the early 1900's.  My personal policy is that if you didn't know someone personally in your bloodline who emigrated, you don't get to claim a hyphen.   Also, my relatives are nuts. 

Agree - excellent post. PS - I think history can show nearly EVERY immigrant group facing opposition and discrimination, at varying levels, when they first arrive in a country. ANY country. New arrivals always encounter examination, even criticism, by the established group, don't they? Whether it's immigration or a cocktail party. IMO, it really seems to be human nature. Who are these folks?

Edited by Wellfleet

Hi, I'm Burlsa. I'm a longtime lurker. I used to post over on FJ on occasion. With everyone posting about their health stuff, I thought I would jump in with a question. Has anyone had an angiogram, if so any tips for after the procedure? Next Tuesday, the 20th, I'm going in to have one done of my brain because my neurologist thinks I might have vasculitis. 

All I know is that I'm not going under general anesthesia (which is fine because I'm asthmatic and always react to it), it'll be more of a light sedation. And I am going to have to lay flat on my back for six hours after, which sounds like hell to me. I am also kind of scared because something winding around my arteries sounds terrifying.  

We have decided to hide the posts related to the go fund me discussion and the links to the fund site so our site administrator can take a look at it. Please do not post the link to the site. After we discussed and make a decision about allowing fundraising on the PTV site, we will let everyone know. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi, I'm Burlsa. I'm a longtime lurker. I used to post over on FJ on occasion. With everyone posting about their health stuff, I thought I would jump in with a question. Has anyone had an angiogram, if so any tips for after the procedure? Next Tuesday, the 20th, I'm going in to have one done of my brain because my neurologist thinks I might have vasculitis. 

All I know is that I'm not going under general anesthesia (which is fine because I'm asthmatic and always react to it), it'll be more of a light sedation. And I am going to have to lay flat on my back for six hours after, which sounds like hell to me. I am also kind of scared because something winding around my arteries sounds terrifying.

I haven't had that test, but I think they're pretty common; my father-in-law had one not that long ago. When they say "light sedation" you may well fall asleep. I have had an unfortunate number of "conscious sedation" procedures and they'll usually work with you, so if you tell them you're very anxious, they may be able to give you a stronger dose. I'd want to sleep through it just because it sounds incredibly boring to lie there for six hours! But definitely tell them how anxious you are.

I know it sounds scary, but the people doing it perform them all the time. They really will have it well in hand. You're going to be fine. Let us know how you do, ok? :-)

• Love 4

Just want to say thank you for the well-wishes. My mother's surgery went well. She had to stay overnight because her oxygen levels needed to be monitored, but she is coming home today. I did have a panic attack seeing her hooked up to all the wires and monitors. It was hard seeing her like that. A nurse was very understanding of my anxiety and brought me some iced water and an ice pack to help calm me down.

that's great news! I hope she continues to do well at home - don't feel bad. My oldest had her first surgery at 10.5 months (cleft palate). When they took my into recovery I saw her with the tubes and such and I passed out. Thank goodness my husband was able to handle it. The nurses told me they have had parents that were Drs and nurses that had Passed out too. that it was almost common.
  • Love 2

I haven't had that test, but I think they're pretty common; my father-in-law had one not that long ago. When they say "light sedation" you may well fall asleep. I have had an unfortunate number of "conscious sedation" procedures and they'll usually work with you, so if you tell them you're very anxious, they may be able to give you a stronger dose. I'd want to sleep through it just because it sounds incredibly boring to lie there for six hours! But definitely tell them how anxious you are.

I know it sounds scary, but the people doing it perform them all the time. They really will have it well in hand. You're going to be fine. Let us know how you do, ok? :-)

Yeah I am going to have to ask for more! I have had two other surgeries, both times they had to give me a nice dose of anti-anxiety meds in order to get my blood pressure down. One surgery was to have an ovarian cyst removed, and the other was to have a cyst and my right ovary removed. The first one I did really well, except I reacted badly to the medicine they used for sedation. They had to give me a breathing treatment. But I was totally out of it, so I don't really remember it. The second surgery was more rough. I woke up at the very end before I was supposed to. I felt the breathing tube and went to grab it out. They caught my hand and explained where I was and what was going on. Then I struggled after surgery with infection and pain. So I'm not sure what to make of this procedure. I know it's performed all the time and that's reassuring. I think it just sounds scarier than it will be. 

I will definitely check in after. Thank you. :)

• Love 1

Yeah I am going to have to ask for more! I have had two other surgeries, both times they had to give me a nice dose of anti-anxiety meds in order to get my blood pressure down. One surgery was to have an ovarian cyst removed, and the other was to have a cyst and my right ovary removed. The first one I did really well, except I reacted badly to the medicine they used for sedation. They had to give me a breathing treatment. But I was totally out of it, so I don't really remember it. The second surgery was more rough. I woke up at the very end before I was supposed to. I felt the breathing tube and went to grab it out. They caught my hand and explained where I was and what was going on. Then I struggled after surgery with infection and pain. So I'm not sure what to make of this procedure. I know it's performed all the time and that's reassuring. I think it just sounds scarier than it will be.

I will definitely check in after. Thank you. :)

. No advice but I wish you all the best and pray for you to be calm and that it goes quicker than you think.
  • Love 2

Six hours flat on your back? May I suggest a couple good audio books and or pod casts, post sedation you might not be able to concentrate much, but I'd sure want something pleasantly distracting to listen to. Good luck, Burlas.

Californian here, manditory swim tests for everyone in order to graduate highschool, back in my day. All that coast line...

Here Fourth graders do a report on who in the family moved to California, where and when did they come etc. I was feeling pretty proud of my son being fifth generation on my moms side, till another mom mentioned she had Miwok ancestors...

Take good care y'all.

• Love 2

Hi, I am the site administrator. We have decided to remove links to the donations page. We cannot verify these sorts of projects and we do not endorse them. Links to them will be removed. If you receive unsolicited PMs for these, please report them for us to look at.

• Love 4

Thank you JenCarroll for setting up the shower and for Wanderwoman for letting us help! I see the goal has been reached and a lot of our regulars haven't checked in yet. I'm honored to be a part of such a truly loving group.

Can someone point me to this?

So glad she's doing well.  My mom had that surgery in her 60s.  It was the first time I really understood her fragility - she was always my rock.  Wishing her a speedy recovery!

• Love 1

Hi Burlsa.  I haven't had an angiogram but did have a cardiac ablation for SV Tachycardia and it sounds like the angiogram is very similar.  It was a four hour procedure and then four hours after, all on my back.  Like you, I'm asthmatic and only had light sedation.  Here's what I can tell you:

Think about distractions.  6 hours is a long time.  They let me have my ipod in the procedure room and even hooked it up to their speakers.  I listened to an audiobook the entire time they were working on me.

There will be people assisting your physician.  Let them help you.  They are there as much for your comfort as they are to help the doctor.  I have an old compression fracture in one of my vertebrae and I knew all those hours on my back were going to be painful.  But they were there with pillows and bolsters and did everything they could to make it bearable.  They'll be checking in with you and this is not a time to be stoic.  Let them help you and don't hesitate to tell them when your needs change.

Eventually there will be a bed pan because, hello, IVs and a lotta hours.  It's horrible but inevitable.  I'm sorry.  I so tried to tough it out but, alas, had to cave.

Have a friend or family member there with you.  They can advocate for you, find help if you need it during you recovery period and keep you entertained. 

I was super scared going into mine.  I really didn't want to feel something moving around my arteries.  And I didn't, for the most part.  They only part I could really feel was when they were doing the cautery and it wasn't pain, just sensation.  You'll do great.  Wishing you all the best and let us know how you are when you can.

• Love 3

Never had one, but I wanted to say welcome and good luck.

• Love 1

Can someone point me to this?

So glad she's doing well. My mom had that surgery in her 60s. It was the first time I really understood her fragility - she was always my rock. Wishing her a speedy recovery!

check your DM

Just to check, can we ask for the link via PM?

check your PM

Hi, Burlsa. My husband has had several, involving coronary arteries. He had no problems at all - the device used is incredibly tiny and flexible. He was more or less awake and there was no discomfort. He was extremely anxious, but made it well known to the medical team and they administered enough anti-anxiety meds to calm him. Your doc might also give you something like Ativan to take the night before and/or the morning of the procedure.

Angiograms really are so very common now, and incredibly useful procedures. I understand your anxiety but am confident yours will go perfectly. Just be a squeaky wheel about what you need to be as comfortable as possible :)

Lying still afterward will likely be easier than you imagine. My husband was pretty groggy after each angio, and in fact stayed overnight in the hospital for monitoring. He didn't have to keep still, other than not bending his wrist (his insertion site) but he was happy to do nothing but sleep. I expect you will feel similarly.

Let us know how things go!!

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 2

It's nice to read about some good news.

Nc social worker - congrats on video & sounds exciting. Maybe if the production company needs help, Duggar Videos may be available to help or at least give some pointers. Maybe you can get a Duggar Tshirt out of it.

Joe- glad your mom's surgery went well. I'm with the others, it's scary seeing loved ones hooked up to all the tubes. My dad had major aneurysm surgery years ago & even tho we knew what to expect, it was still upsetting.

Bursla- Welcome to the Club. It fascinates me, too, how this group evolved all from having an interest in the Duggars. Count me as one whose blood pressure goes sky high when I'm having a procedure &have major White coat syndrome when I go to the Drs. It's getting better, I really like my new PCP, which helps. I'm just a nervous person. When others get upset & nervous, they eat. I'm the opposite - you'll find me in the bathroom. (If you know what I mean). Still laughing about having to use bedpan. From one who has used them many many times, may I add just don't wait to the last minute to ask for it. It takes time to get nurse/tech in room, then they have to hunt for a bed pan, etc. All this while you think you're going to explode. Like Late to Party said, take advantage of anyone's offer to help. Wishing you well.

• Love 4

Thank you everyone for the responses! I love this community because everyone is so welcoming and caring. I felt comfortable jumping in and asking for advice. I think that says a lot about what great people you are!

I was trying to write a post with individual responses and then I bumped something and lost the whole post. So I figured that writing it on Word and copying and pasting would be the better option.

I will definitely be bringing my phone, ipod, and headphones. I think there will also be a TV in my room/cubicle/recovery area. I might smuggle in some DVDs in hopes that a DVD player can be found. Not holding my breath, but it’s worth a try.

I am hoping that I will be able to sleep it off, because even light meds manage to knock the pants off of me. I take a dose of Benadryl and I’m out for a day. So I have that going for me! However like you Latetotheparty, I have trouble laying on my back. Hopefully they will give me a cushion for my tailbone area. I will also have my mom there, so I can bug her. :D

Bedpans. I have never used one and I have always been fascinated by them. I’m not very coordinated, so hopefully that is not required for use of them. I told my mom that they should just lay some puppy pads down for me and call it good. It might make less mess that way. ;)

And again, I want to thank everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. I will most definitely check in after and let you all know how it went.

Edited by burlsa
  • Love 1

I want to thank everyone for supporting Maisie and I on our journey. Before allowing this, after a lot of concern, I was worried about the prospect of drama. Because of that, I did not withdrawal funds from this fundraiser and never attached my banking information to it. I'm not interested in losing this group of people I've come to depend on emotionally. If you'd like to remain in contact, PM me. I'm on the way to take M to see her dad today and I will be on the road. I'm sorry to the mods of this forum for any inconvenience.

Edited: your donations are being refunded at our request. I am not sad or disappointed so please don't worry. We have been doing this on our own and we will keep doing it on our own.

Edited by wanderwoman
  • Love 3

I want to thank everyone for supporting Maisie and I on our journey. Before allowing this, after a lot of concern, I was worried about the prospect of drama. Because of that, I did not withdrawal funds from this fundraiser and never attached my banking information to it. I'm not interested in losing this group of people I've come to depend on emotionally. If you'd like to remain in contact, PM me. I'm on the way to take M to see her dad today and I will be on the road. I'm sorry to the mods of this forum for any inconvenience.

Edited: your donations are being refunded at our request. I am not sad or disappointed so please don't worry. We have been doing this on our own and we will keep doing it on our own.

Not sure what happened, but I'm sorry it turned out his way. 

• Love 4

My first inkling is to swear, but instead I'll ask a silly question. How many of you wear something lucky or special, to try and change your mood, or to a job interview, etc.?  Me? I try and wear polka dots.

• Love 5

My first inkling is to swear, but instead I'll ask a silly question. How many of you wear something lucky or special, to try and change your mood, or to a job interview, etc.?  Me? I try and wear polka dots.

I shop at ModCloth because I am larger and love wearing dresses. And it's so hard to find cute plus size dresses for twenty-somethings. So when I'm feeling sad or nervous or just because, I like to put on a retro dress (I have a really cute navy blue with white polka dots one) and do my make up. I don't normally wear make up because my skin is sensitive, but a year ago I started buying more high end make up at Sephora. I could easily spend every paycheck there. 

• Love 2

I shop at ModCloth because I am larger and love wearing dresses. And it's so hard to find cute plus size dresses for twenty-somethings. So when I'm feeling sad or nervous or just because, I like to put on a retro dress (I have a really cute navy blue with white polka dots one) and do my make up. I don't normally wear make up because my skin is sensitive, but a year ago I started buying more high end make up at Sephora. I could easily spend every paycheck there. 

Polka dots!!!

• Love 4

Oh dear god, I love modcloth so much. Its absoloute heck to shop there for me right now thanks to the plummeting Canadian dollar, but ai am obsessed. It's just the best place to find all the vintagey stuff of my dreams.

• Love 3

I think we've all been struck speechless, and this does not happen in this group often. Huh.

I've conducted (what seems like) 50 billion interviews, 49 billion of them for entry level production workers. I have to say this, as long as you stay in the middle of the road for an interview (any interview) you're good. The thing that will get you discussed at the interviewers dinner table that night the quickest will be waaaay over the top, or waaaaay under expectations. I can only remember a handful of those countless repetitive interviews - but I can easily recall the man wearing a box haircut about 6 inches high, wearing a shiny lime green suit. I remember a girl (beautiful full blue black skin) with florescent yellow hair. [side note on that one: one of my existing clerks knew this girl and spoke to her in the waiting room. She said, "Samantha!!! You colored your hair?????" Samantha said casually, "NO! it just looked this way when I got up this morning. Don't know what happened. You like it?" That was during the "here's your sign" days from Bill Engvall. And we must have snorted that line 100 times that week about that hair question.]. A suit for a production job is over the top, yes, but won't get you dismissed. Whereas shorts and a t-shirt interviewing for the same production job tells me you already don't care - and may get you dismissed.

Polka dots are a statement. Not sure they're a statement for an interview, although I myself was edgy enough to do that. Probably the bravest interview I ever dressed for myself was with a flamboyantly gay man I'd already interviewed with in 2 lengthy phone sessions. I thought I had a feel for him and the company. I wore black corduroy dress shorts with black tights and flats. (My mentors would have DIED). With a red/black bold checked sweater. Luckily, I read the workplace right (it was a gamble) and was very well received all over the building while meeting various managers. Offered the job on the spot.

I'm seeing colored tights coming back this year, and I'm soooo happy about that. I'm too old for that look any more, but I LOVE it. Chic mini or almost knee length shorts with colored tights or leggings and flats is such a cute look. Was in the 80s and I'm happy to see it making a comeback.

As for the elephant in this room... I'm waiting for something, and I don't even know what. I'm disappointed in the whole turn of events.

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • Love 18

Thank you everyone for the responses! I love this community because everyone is so welcoming and caring. I felt comfortable jumping in and asking for advice. I think that says a lot about what great people you are!

I was trying to write a post with individual responses and then I bumped something and lost the whole post. So I figured that writing it on Word and copying and pasting would be the better option.

I will definitely be bringing my phone, ipod, and headphones. I think there will also be a TV in my room/cubicle/recovery area. I might smuggle in some DVDs in hopes that a DVD player can be found. Not holding my breath, but it’s worth a try.

I am hoping that I will be able to sleep it off, because even light meds manage to knock the pants off of me. I take a dose of Benadryl and I’m out for a day. So I have that going for me! However like you Latetotheparty, I have trouble laying on my back. Hopefully they will give me a cushion for my tailbone area. I will also have my mom there, so I can bug her. :D

Bedpans. I have never used one and I have always been fascinated by them. I’m not very coordinated, so hopefully that is not required for use of them. I told my mom that they should just lay some puppy pads down for me and call it good. It might make less mess that way. ;)

And again, I want to thank everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. I will most definitely check in after and let you all know how it went.

Burlsa, that is such a good idea about the puppy pads.  I'm totally stealing it if I ever have to have it done again.  I'm sure it would be a lot less hassle.  :)

• Love 3

As for the elephant in this room... I'm waiting for something, and I don't even know what. I'm disappointed in the whole turn of events.

. I know. Group virtual hug to all. Sometimes good intentions can't happen as planned. But guess what, bottom line there is lots of love here and that makes me happy.
  • Love 12

Oh dear god, I love modcloth so much. Its absoloute heck to shop there for me right now thanks to the plummeting Canadian dollar, but ai am obsessed. It's just the best place to find all the vintagey stuff of my dreams.

Black friday is the time to shop there! I found that out last year. They'll have dresses up to 70% off. I stocked up on dresses last year at that time! But I love it so much!

Latetotheparty, glad I could be of help. ;) I am hoping this will be my first and last time with a bedpan though! After surgery, I'm usually wanting to get up and move around (because the sooner you can move, the sooner you can go home!). Absolom, that's not too bad of an idea!

So Saturday is the big University of Michigan vs Michigan State game. I'm cheering State because I went there. I am making a bunch of food and I invited some family over to enjoy. Well tonight I was grating cheese, I decided grating my finger was a smart idea. Word to those who might grate cheese, keep fingers away from the grater!

• Love 5

Black friday is the time to shop there! I found that out last year. They'll have dresses up to 70% off. I stocked up on dresses last year at that time! But I love it so much!

Latetotheparty, glad I could be of help. ;) I am hoping this will be my first and last time with a bedpan though! After surgery, I'm usually wanting to get up and move around (because the sooner you can move, the sooner you can go home!). Absolom, that's not too bad of an idea!

So Saturday is the big University of Michigan vs Michigan State game. I'm cheering State because I went there. I am making a bunch of food and I invited some family over to enjoy. Well tonight I was grating cheese, I decided grating my finger was a smart idea. Word to those who might grate cheese, keep fingers away from the grater!

Burlsa!  Second generation Spartan myself.  In fact I was born there while my dad was in grad school.  GO GREEN!

Burlsa! Second generation Spartan myself. In fact I was born there while my dad was in grad school. GO GREEN!

GO WHITE!! It is so awesome to come across another Sparty online! I knew I liked you! ;)

• Love 1

They do make the equivalent of puppy pads for people.  My sister's best friend is a nurse who works with the chronically ill and hospice patients.  When my sister was in her last days, her friend showed up with all of the supplies to make life more comfortable which included special bed pads.  The difficult thing is convincing people to go in the bed.  After all, potty training was a pretty big step for all of us and (at least I hope) we've all been able to keep up with what we learned,  

• Love 2

I think we've all been struck speechless, and this does not happen in this group often. Huh.

elephant005s.jpg

Lets talk about this one. An embroidered elephant for you, HFC.

• Love 10

I've never done Black Friday there, but I do plan on it this year. They also, about twice a year, in fall and spring, have these stylish surprise sales, where you pay them, but they choose what you get. I've had many a amazing dress from that sale.

My mom works at Wal-Mart as a cashier so I have an irrational hatred of Black Friday. Because she works at WM, we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving on her day off, so Sunday. Hubby is taking the kids down to his mom's for TG, and I will be snuggled up watching movies and eating lots of junk food. So, a vacation for me which I will be very thankful for.

I really don't like shopping in crowds. I'm very thankful I'm a SAHM and can get to stores during the day when it's super quiet. Hitting the mall on the weekend is a chore. On Black Friday? I might need to be sedated. It doesn't stop me from looking over all the flyers and catalogs burrowed on my comfy couch.

• Love 2