Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

My daughter is still going through her divorce. The other day they tried to hammer out custody as per their lawyers. He wants their youngest son on 7 days and off 7 days. Since he has never been willing to help with homework or even insist that it’s completed, my kid doesn’t think that’s what’s best. Her soon to be ex doesn’t value education and she married into a family that the highest level is high school. In my family everyone is expected to attain a college degree that will lead to some profession. Cut to the other kids. He stated that he thinks they are old enough not to need a father and wants nothing to do with him. He literally said he doesn’t care about them, seeing them or supporting them. That broke their hearts. Mostly the not caring to see them. The granddaughter is special needs and he also refuses to give her any financial support even though she will never be able to have a job or live on her own. The whole thing is heartbreaking. I’m trying to stay out of the details and just be there for her in whatever capacity she needs me. 
   My girl also has bad kidney stones (again) and this time might require surgery as the lithotripsy didn’t do the trick when she had it last year. Please pray for her. The stress is taking my good natured child into a nervous wreck and I’m sure it isn’t helping her health. I have offered to do whatever is necessary so she doesn’t have to worry about the three kids. She goes for a second CT scan today an they will decide what treatment she needs after the results come in. 
PS Her ex is now living with the lady he had an affair with and her 3 kids. 

If it eases your mind at all it is very likely the Court will take into account the "father's" attitude about the older kids when making a decision regarding the best interest of the youngest.   It would definitely be taken into account here.

Good luck to your daughter with the custody issues and the kidney stones.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

If it eases your mind at all it is very likely the Court will take into account the "father's" attitude about the older kids when making a decision regarding the best interest of the youngest.   It would definitely be taken into account here.

Good luck to your daughter with the custody issues and the kidney stones.

Yes, I would think that the courts would consider the kids as a package deal; he either parents them all or he parents none of them.  I vote for none.  It also leads to the question as to why he doesn't even want to see the older kids.  Aside from the fact that the special needs daughter is probably too much work for him and the GF and they'd rather not deal; could it be that the older kids know exactly who he is by now and aren't likely to be influenced by gifts or treats while he figures he still has a chance to buy the youngest and brainwash him against your daughter?

Any guy who is so nonchalant about emotionally abandoning his minor children doesn't deserve to be called 'dad'.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

My girl also has bad kidney stones (again) and this time might require surgery as the lithotripsy didn’t do the trick when she had it last year. Please pray for her. The stress is taking my good natured child into a nervous wreck and I’m sure it isn’t helping her health. I have offered to do whatever is necessary so she doesn’t have to worry about the three kids. She goes for a second CT scan today an they will decide what treatment she needs after the results come in. 

If they are talking the kind of kidney stone surgery my sister had, where they end up inserting a tube for a few weeks to help drain the stones, make sure she has plenty of support lined up for her not just for the kids.  Sister ended up being barely able to walk for the first week due to the pain unless she took enough of her pain meds that she was high as a kite or unconscious.  Standing even long enough for a shower was a no go, so we had to get her a shower chair and someone had to be with her while she was in there.    The surgery did help in the long run, but that first week was way rougher than what the doctors told us to expect.

• Useful 5

I'm sorry about your daughter's situation Mindthinkr, that can't be easy.  Having good thoughts for her.  

EVS best news ever!  Congrats on the remission!  So happy for you!

My freaking allergies are bonkers this summer.  Most of it is from cleaning out the dirty dusty nasty basement, and the shredding of many boxes of receipts and old forms, the pitching of junk and all that, but it seems with the rain and heat of summer we've had lately has been no help.  Had a day of vertigo on and off and finally went to the doc and got some lovely meds.  But the basement is almost done, my upstairs is sort of getting there, and I feel like we got something accomplished so it was worth it. 

I did find in the basement some old antique bottles my mom had found for me, it's taken a couple of weeks of getting the right brush and cleaning solutions but they look great.  It never occured to me that people collect them.  What I have isn't worth much but one is from Rush Hospital up in Chicago...wish I knew what was in it originally.   

• Love 10

@Mindthinkr, I hope your daughter's medical condition responds to treatment. Sending good thoughts. I also hope that the state laws regarding child support will be a good hard reality check to her soon-to-be-ex husband. As @ginger90 and @Tikichick have mentioned, this isn't a situation where he's large and in charge. I hope she documents his stated intentions regarding all the kids - so he can't plausibly deny to the court that he wants a weekly rotation of custody for one child, while having no contact with or support for the other children. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

I did find in the basement some old antique bottles my mom had found for me, it's taken a couple of weeks of getting the right brush and cleaning solutions but they look great.  It never occured to me that people collect them.  What I have isn't worth much but one is from Rush Hospital up in Chicago...wish I knew what was in it originally.   

What is the right cleaning solution? We have several antique bottles I've never been able to get clean.

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The granddaughter is special needs and he also refuses to give her any financial support even though she will never be able to have a job or live on her own. The whole thing is heartbreaking.

@Mindthinkr this does not surprise me. Your daughter is a solider. My father has not seen my sister since 1997. He stopped financially supporting her as soon as it was legally possible at the age of 21 per their agreement. His logic was that she could be signed over to the state, and taking are of her after that age was a "choice" my Mom was making which he wasnt participating in that choice. Legally he was right, but my sister has the mental capacity of a toddler.

My father is incredibly intelligent and successful (he is a dermatologist, the cousin I just went to the museum with is his office manager). One of the reasons my family has never given me any flack about not having a relationship with him because of how he has totally disregarded my sister's needs. Lots of shame and ablism wrapped up with being an asshole.

These types are everywhere.

2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Aside from the fact that the special needs daughter is probably too much work for him and the GF and they'd rather not deal; could it be that the older kids know exactly who he is by now and aren't likely to be influenced by gifts or treats while he figures he still has a chance to buy the youngest and brainwash him against your daughter?

I very much agree with this. His child with a disability of no "use"** and he/ GF do not want to be bothered. The older children cannot be forced into a custody/visitation situation and probably have contempt for him that they have no desire to hide. How old are the older children @Mindthinkr?

**to him and the girlfriend, that is not my thought process, to be clear I am pointing out the guy is an asshole.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

He oldest son is 18 and a Senior in HS. The special needs daughter is 20, but is only around 12 mentally. She did graduate HS because of those no child left behind rules in our state and she just took PE, art, home economics. No way could she do the English, math or sciences. The youngest is in 8th grade and broke his hand on the first day of school (PE football). 
    I told her to just plan on getting what medical care she needs. I will pack up the kitties and live with her for as long as it takes to heal. Mind, this is a child who didn’t even need ANY pain medication post caesarean or Novocain when her teeth were worked on. This may be completely different as far as she feels, but I want her to know that I can handle whatever (retired RN) for as long as it takes. She is my hero about soldiering on. I just went shopping and found a cute book of things (think 3 page chapters). Mostly affirmations and ‘you can do its’  to give her. 
 Thank you everyone for your good thoughts and the offer to kick him lol. 

Edited to add: She has kept of meticulous record of everything that has happened since the affair in 2019   

You're a good Mom, your daughter is lucky to have you.

Depending on the laws in your state your daughter may be able to get support for the special needs daughter until she is 21, and the older boy until he graduates from college- but that is a maybe. A non custodial parent is never required to take visitation or participate in parenting (emotionally and physically I mean), and the kids are no longer minors, so I doubt his decision not to visit with them will not play into the custody arrangements for the younger son- you cannot force adults to have relationships. 

Did your daughter get guardianship etc in order for her daughter? He may fight that just to be a fucking jerk face (my father did not do that thank goodness). Please make sure she gets the proper protections and things (like SSI, health care coverage etc) in place- your granddaughter has the hormones of an adult and can talk back, she can end up in a fucking mess- financial fraud, sexual exploitation etc etc if that is not all taken care of.

I am not trying to take away what freedom and autonomy she has, but if she isn't capable of making adult decisions she needs someone to do that for her, and it needs to be IN WRITING ASAP. 

/off my soap box

• Useful 6
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Did your daughter get guardianship etc in order for her daughter?

Absolutely. We have some legal minds in my family and that was taken care of. SS just cut her off for some unknown reason so now she has to rehire the lawyer who got it for her in the first place. Her plate is too full. 

6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

/off my soap box

No problem. Because of your sister and situation you understand and I appreciate your input. 

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Absolutely. We have some legal minds in my family and that was taken care of. SS just cut her off for some unknown reason so now she has to rehire the lawyer who got it for her in the first place. Her plate is too full. 

Social security requires a re-evaluation once a person with a mental handicap reaches adulthood.  It's a bit odd, but the childhood disability standards and the adult standards are not the same.  They simply have to show meeting the adult standards.  If payments stopped she needs to refile immediately.  It normally shouldn't require a lawyer.  

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Social security requires a re-evaluation once a person with a mental handicap reaches adulthood.  It's a bit odd, but the childhood disability standards and the adult standards are not the same.  They simply have to show meeting the adult standards.  If payments stopped she needs to refile immediately.  It normally shouldn't require a lawyer.  

Yeah, my Mom was well above the income limits so my sister never got SSI as a minor.

That "sperm donor" is such a jerk, I just want the kids to be okay not be emotionally burdened by him. He has to live with himself at the end of the day. I especially worry for your special needs granddaughter. My sister doesnt have the cognitive ability to be upset about things like that (I doubt she would recognize the man if she ever saw him again), and I wouldn't want an innocent CHILD to be hurt by a parent's rejection. 

For your older grandson too- he is coming into adulthood and it would be nice to have a father that wasn't a dipshit. He will get what is coming to him, and I am sure this GF thinks her vagina is "special" and he will treat her and her kids much better.......she will see as well.

• Love 13

Yes, the financial standards are different, too.  It's a whole new application although they use a different name for it, but applying again fixes all.  Be sure your daughter charges her daughter room and board, etc.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

I'm sorry about your daughter's situation Mindthinkr, that can't be easy.  Having good thoughts for her.  

My freaking allergies are bonkers this summer.  Most of it is from cleaning out the dirty dusty nasty basement, and the shredding of many boxes of receipts and old forms, the pitching of junk and all that, but it seems with the rain and heat of summer we've had lately has been no help.  Had a day of vertigo on and off and finally went to the doc and got some lovely meds.  But the basement is almost done, my upstairs is sort of getting there, and I feel like we got something accomplished so it was worth it. 

Just a tip with the bottles.  Denture tablets work wonders on cleaning the inside of antique bottles and jars.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Just a tip with the bottles.  Denture tablets work wonders on cleaning the inside of antique bottles and jars.

They sure do.  They also work well for vases, especially those whose mouth is too narrow to insert a cloth or brush.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 8/25/2021 at 10:30 PM, Love2dance said:

So happy to hear your wonderful news, @EVS. Made my day! ❣️❣️

On 8/26/2021 at 2:27 AM, ChiCricket said:

Awesome news!

On 8/26/2021 at 6:24 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Yay @EVS!!the princess and the frog happy dance GIF

On 8/26/2021 at 7:45 AM, MargeGunderson said:

@EVS, congratulations! That is awesome news!

On 8/26/2021 at 9:00 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

So happy for you, @EVS! That's got to be the best thing in the world to hear!

9 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

Thank you all so much!  I’m sorry it took so long to respond to these kind messages. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

No idea on that pronunciation, but just popping in to say that I also have one of those last names that has an "E" at the end that no one knows what to do with. The last three letters are eke, and people invariably either make it "eckie" or "eek", when it's just "ek", so I can sympathize with that quandry.

Kinda like the word Butte. I’m never sure if it’s byute, butt, or butty. I’ve had patients with that last name. 

Edited by awaken
  • Love 3

I am so sorry to hear about all the personal and health issues your daughter is going through, @Mindthinkr. I really hope that the members of this thread who know much more about the law than I do are correct and the judge will not allow the “so called father” get away with financially abandoning some of his children. He is disgusting. So glad she has kept good records of the ex’s behavior and words. That should help!

My son also suffers from kidney stones and has had lithotripsy and surgery to remove them. He recovered very well from the surgery. I hope your daughter will do the same if she needs it.

Hang in there, mama/grandma. Your daughter is so lucky to have your love and support.

• Love 10

My daughter got in touch with me last night. She discussed her options with her MD and she is going to do lithotripsy on Thursday. I will pack up the cats and go to stay with her and the kids until she feels well. If the lithotripsy doesn’t work then the Dr said she will need surgery. I’m hoping that Thursdays procedure is all she needs. My best friend living here has offered to pick her up and take her. I think she is relieved knowing she has options (she was going to ask one of her friends to take her, but as of now it’s undetermined who will). I’ll keep y’all posted. 

• Love 18
25 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

My daughter got in touch with me last night. She discussed her options with her MD and she is going to do lithotripsy on Thursday. I will pack up the cats and go to stay with her and the kids until she feels well. If the lithotripsy doesn’t work then the Dr said she will need surgery. I’m hoping that Thursdays procedure is all she needs. My best friend living here has offered to pick her up and take her. I think she is relieved knowing she has options (she was going to ask one of her friends to take her, but as of now it’s undetermined who will). I’ll keep y’all posted. 

I hope her procedure goes well and her issues with kidney stones are resolved. I’m sorry for everything she is going through with her health and her divorce. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Positive healing vibes going your way to help your daughter.

• Love 7

Ok - I could accept all of that IF they didn’t go running to the hospital when their home remedies don’t work. Don’t you dare take an ER bed from someone else. 

Brought over from Jessa's thread.

I think we all knew it would come to this.  A 46 year old Army veteran died of complications from gallstones because there were no ICU beds available in Texas at hospitals where he could have had surgery.  The ER staff tried for 24 hours to find him a bed someplace, but, by the time they did, he was in multi organ failure and no longer a surgical candidate.  Every single nonvaccinated COVID patient taking up an ICU bed owes this guy and his family.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-us-hospital-icu-bed-shortage-veteran-dies-treatable-illness/

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

NYC teacher here, and can confirm that a shocking amount of NYC teachers are ready to be fired because of the vaccine mandate. One said she moved down to Tennessee to teach at a small Christian school. She gave up her pension, tenure, $70,000 of income, and her husband and kids are not yet able to move to Tennessee so she's going to be apart from them for a long time too. I hope it's worth it to her. 

A few are doctor shopping for fake medical exemptions. One is my co-teacher who said she refuses to "let the MSM win."

Bringing this over from the Jessa thread.

I manage HR for my organization, and just this morning I was in the process of setting up an interview with someone who would be lucky to get the job in my humble opinion (good pay, great benefits, great org.), and he asked me if we require either the flu or COVID vaccine. I told him we do not at this point, but that it's subject to change as the world and laws change.  I wanted to ask, "Is that a deal breaker?" but that wasn't relevant to the discussion so I let it go.

I thought it was a dumb and risky question to ask before you even have the interview, considering the current volatility of the subject!  It was a turnoff for me, but I'm not part of the interview team, luckily for him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I manage HR for my organization, and just this morning I was in the process of setting up an interview with someone who would be lucky to get the job in my humble opinion (good pay, great benefits, great org.), and he asked me if we require either the flu or COVID vaccine. I told him we do not at this point, but that it's subject to change as the world and laws change.  I wanted to ask, "Is that a deal breaker?" but that wasn't relevant to the discussion so I let it go.

I thought it was a dumb and risky question to ask before you even have the interview, considering the current volatility of the subject!  It was a turnoff for me, but I'm not part of the interview team, luckily for him.

Also a depressing amount of teachers I've met are trying to order ivermectin. Like, WHY? If you don't want the vaccine I don't agree but I SORT of get it. But you don't want the vaccine, don't want to wear a mask, but want to take horse de-wormer?

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
Just now, Lady Whistleup said:

Also a depressing amount of teachers I've met are trying to order ivermectin. Like, WHY? If you don't want the vaccine I don't agree but I SORT of get it. But you don't want the vaccine, don't want to wear a mask, but want to take horse de-wormer?

That is what doesn't make sense to me.  Where does this blind (and swift) trust of a horse de-worker come from?  It seems irrational and insane to me.

• Love 18

That is what doesn't make sense to me.  Where does this blind (and swift) trust of a horse de-worker come from?  It seems irrational and insane to me.

I have not researched how Ivermectin became the next big thing in Covid prevention, but I used to be a pharmacy technician.  We stocked Ivermectin for human use, I know why it is prescribed, I also know the main side effect of it, and I just cannot.  The second shot of Phizer knocked me out for a day, and I would take that any day over shitting myself constantly.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have not researched how Ivermectin became the next big thing in Covid prevention, but I used to be a pharmacy technician.  We stocked Ivermectin for human use, I know why it is prescribed, I also know the main side effect of it, and I just cannot.  The second shot of Phizer knocked me out for a day, and I would take that any day over shitting myself constantly.

This doesn't sound fun:

"The Food and Drug Administration warned that ivermectin in large doses can cause side effects including “skin rash, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, facial or limb swelling, neurologic adverse events, sudden drop in blood pressure, severe skin rash potentially requiring hospitalization and liver injury.”

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Not quite the brain trust most of us want attempting to educate our children.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

IDK, we’ve lost 650,000 Americans and counting so far, so I’d ask the same question. Spending all day working with unvaccinated people? No thanks.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

IDK, we’ve lost 650,000 Americans and counting so far, so I’d ask the same question. Spending all day working with unvaccinated people? No thanks.

My post wasn't very clear.  My gut tells me that he would not be interested in the position if he were required to be vaccinated.  I know I shouldn't assume because that will make asses of us and all that, but  I'm basing my assumption on some of his demographics.  Probably not fair, but I'm sure I'm right.

I work in a very liberal city, but many places around me are....not liberal, let's just put it that way.  

• Love 8

My post wasn't very clear.  My gut tells me that he would not be interested in the position if he were required to be vaccinated.  I know I shouldn't assume because that will make asses of us and all that, but  I'm basing my assumption on some of his demographics.  Probably not fair, but I'm sure I'm right.

I work in a very liberal city, but many places around me are....not liberal, let's just put it that way.  

Oh! Yes I completely misread it.

• Love 4

I just read an obit for a 28 year-old, healthy man who lived in a neighboring community who just died after a short, intense battle with covid.  It seems it’s running rampant in central NC and killing a lot of unvaxxed young and middle aged men. Last week it took a 17 year-old unvaxxed high school senior in another nearby county.  My mom read on FB that his family didn’t want the story on the news. They had also been hospitalized for covid and are unvaxxed.  I understand why they might feel bad for people to know. 

Is anyone around here in New Orleans?  It seems like jjane was.  ??   The storm damage looks to be severe.  Scary.  

12 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Brought over from Jessa's thread.

I think we all knew it would come to this.  A 46 year old Army veteran died of complications from gallstones because there were no ICU beds available in Texas at hospitals where he could have had surgery.  The ER staff tried for 24 hours to find him a bed someplace, but, by the time they did, he was in multi organ failure and no longer a surgical candidate.  Every single nonvaccinated COVID patient taking up an ICU bed owes this guy and his family.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-us-hospital-icu-bed-shortage-veteran-dies-treatable-illness/

I wonder if it’s ever possible to take those unvaccinated, purposely-getting-and-spreading covid people out of icu beds and off of ventilators so others can use those resources?  Would it come to that?  Has it, in some places?  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, awaken said:

I wonder if it’s ever possible to take those unvaccinated, purposely-getting-and-spreading covid people out of icu beds and off of ventilators so others can use those resources?  Would it come to that?  Has it, in some places?  

I highly doubt this is a practice anywhere.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, awaken said:

12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I highly doubt this is a practice anywhere.

I don't think its in practice anywhere either, but I did read that a TX hospital system has brought it up to their ethics committee. The thought was it would only be used when they ran out of resources. Say, two patients needed a vent and there was only one left, could the vaccinated patient be prioritized. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I got a text from my friends in Metairie (suburb of New Orleans) and they made it through the storm. I didn’t want to text her back a lot of questions etc because they have no power and I don’t want to use up her charge. I’m just grateful to know they are all safe. When she has electricity I’ll call her and catch up. Whew and thank goodness. Thanks for all of your good thoughts for their and everyone’s safety. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Personally, I don’t think vaccination status should play a role at all. Multiple organ failure, yes. Vaccination status, no.

I'm glad I won't ever need to make a decision like that, but all things being equal but for vax status, I would lean toward the vaxxed patient.

Many in the medical field feel betrayed. They're working their asses off, risking their own physical and emotional well being, while others are contributing to the problem.

• Love 20
58 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I got a text from my friends in Metairie (suburb of New Orleans) and they made it through the storm. I didn’t want to text her back a lot of questions etc because they have no power and I don’t want to use up her charge. I’m just grateful to know they are all safe. When she has electricity I’ll call her and catch up. Whew and thank goodness. Thanks for all of your good thoughts for their and everyone’s safety. 

I'm in close contact with my Baton Rouge friends.  It is a mess.  My closest friends each have a whole house generator so they have power, but, nothing around them does right now.  One had trees down around, but not On her house, so happy about that.  One of the reasons we moved away was the hurricane misery.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The thought was it would only be used when they ran out of resources. Say, two patients needed a vent and there was only one left, could the vaccinated patient be prioritized. 

Using vaccination status as a criteria was shot down.  However, they do give the available beds to the patients with the greatest chance of survival who usually are the vaccinated ones.  It's odd how life works out like that.  However, if a vaccinated patient needs an ICU bed and they're all full of the unvaccinated then that's a horrible inequity.

I do like the idea of charging the unvaccinated a larger insurance premium

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I like the idea of an insurance surcharge also for the unvaccinated.  My own insurance has one for tobacco users so there is a precedent.  I don't know how that would work though for people who claim be medically exempt or whatever it is from the vaccine.   BTW, this may seem like a dumb question,  but I really am not sure: what medical conditions would make it unsafe to take the vaccine? 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I like the idea of an insurance surcharge also for the unvaccinated.  My own insurance has one for tobacco users so there is a precedent.  I don't know how that would work though for people who claim be medically exempt or whatever it is from the vaccine.   BTW, this may seem like a dumb question,  but I really am not sure: what medical conditions would make it unsafe to take the vaccine? 

The only thing I know of is adverse reactions to previous vaccines and a known allergy to anything in the vaccine.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Dr. Google says:

Who shouldn't get the Covid vaccine?

But who should not get a COVID-19 vaccine? “There's really only category of patients, and those are those who have had severe reactions to previous vaccines or one of the other COVID vaccines,” said Scott Robertson, President of the Pacific Central Coast Health Centers for Dignity Health.Aug 11, 2021

I've had anaphylaxis with previous vaccines and I was still told to get the COVID vax.  They gave me Moderna in the actual doctor's exam room with him seeing a patient next door and an ambulance in the parking lot.  The practice gathered all us "problem children" together for an afternoon of fun.  No one had an allergic reaction, but they were prepared.  I was told if I had anaphylaxis then no more  COVID vaccines.  

• Useful 10
  • Love 6