Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Honeycocoa

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

@Scarlett45, how was coffee with the guy from the park? What was the amazing opportunity he had for you - was it a MLM?

I just got home! And am here to update you guys. 
 

Here are the deets on my date-

He let me pay for my own Starbucks drink👎🏽

He wants babies👎🏽

No MLM talk (he said he would hit me up later to give me the samples)👍🏽


It was something to do. He seems decent, but nah. I’m proudly Childfree so that’s a huge deal breaker. 
 

I could set him up with my friend J whos trying to get pregnant right now (sperm bank)- but she doesn’t like petite men. 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

5 episodes watched meh not for me 

Awww…sorry. Give Breaking Bad a try.  Definitely not boring.  

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

So, here I sit in the ER...Had a regular appointment with my doctor, during which I told him about an episode of tachycardia I had a few weeks ago, which had gone away and not recurred since. But, lo and behold, my heart again suddenly goes racing almost 200 beats) minute. And because the blood work I'd had done showed that I was approaching dangerously low levels of magnesium, he decided that could potentially end up very badly, so had an ambulance whisk me off to the hospital. That was over five hours ago, so hopefully they will remember that I'm here eventually. They got my heart rate stabilized in the ambulance on the way over here, but I guess I also will need my magnesium levels topped off. Hope it all doesn't take too much longer...

  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 32

Share this post


Link to post

Jynnan tonnix, oh my goodness.  Hopefully all goes well and you are home soon.  Is anyone allowed to be at the hospital with you?  Sending love and healing ♥

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Mr. Jyn will come get me whenever they decide to let me out. I guess he'd be able to visit with me for a bit, but visiting hours are over now in any case. Luckily, Connecticut (at least in the east of the state where we are) hasn't seen a huge surge in Covid cases, so the hospitals are not overworked.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It gets REALLY GOOD. Some fine acting is in that series. 

I loved it, too.

35 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I just got home! And am here to update you guys. 
 

Here are the deets on my date-

He let me pay for my own Starbucks drink👎🏽

He wants babies👎🏽

No MLM talk (he said he would hit me up later to give me the samples)👍🏽


It was something to do. He seems decent, but nah. I’m proudly Childfree so that’s a huge deal breaker. 
 

I could set him up with my friend J whos trying to get pregnant right now (sperm bank)- but she doesn’t like petite men. 

Why is it a negative that he didn’t pay for your drink?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

34 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Awww…sorry. Give Breaking Bad a try.  Definitely not boring.  

Best show in the history of TV! Well, tied with Mad Men.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Awww…sorry. Give Breaking Bad a try.  Definitely not boring.  

I don’t have Netflix. I hear it’s a great show.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

So, here I sit in the ER...Had a regular appointment with my doctor, during which I told him about an episode of tachycardia I had a few weeks ago, which had gone away and not recurred since. But, lo and behold, my heart again suddenly goes racing almost 200 beats) minute. And because the blood work I'd had done showed that I was approaching dangerously low levels of magnesium, he decided that could potentially end up very badly, so had an ambulance whisk me off to the hospital. That was over five hours ago, so hopefully they will remember that I'm here eventually. They got my heart rate stabilized in the ambulance on the way over here, but I guess I also will need my magnesium levels topped off. Hope it all doesn't take too much longer...

Well, I’m glad you’re getting what you need.  Wishing you well! Just chill with us…

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

So, here I sit in the ER...Had a regular appointment with my doctor, during which I told him about an episode of tachycardia I had a few weeks ago, which had gone away and not recurred since. But, lo and behold, my heart again suddenly goes racing almost 200 beats) minute. And because the blood work I'd had done showed that I was approaching dangerously low levels of magnesium, he decided that could potentially end up very badly, so had an ambulance whisk me off to the hospital. That was over five hours ago, so hopefully they will remember that I'm here eventually. They got my heart rate stabilized in the ambulance on the way over here, but I guess I also will need my magnesium levels topped off. Hope it all doesn't take too much longer...

Hope you’re ok! That happened to me a few years ago and it turned out I was extremely anemic. After a blood transfusion I was better than ever 🙂. Thinking of you.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Hope you’re ok! That happened to me a few years ago and it turned out I was extremely anemic. After a blood transfusion I was better than ever 🙂. Thinking of you.

Cinnabon, so nice of you to offer your own story. I know it makes people feel so much better to hear someone else has  gone through something similar, and that it’s ok. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Mr. Jyn will come get me whenever they decide to let me out. I guess he'd be able to visit with me for a bit, but visiting hours are over now in any case. Luckily, Connecticut (at least in the east of the state where we are) hasn't seen a huge surge in Covid cases, so the hospitals are not overworked.

I’m so sorry that happened, but it’s good they are making sure you’re ok.  Waiting in the ER……can seem endless.  Prayers that you’re much better really soon.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

@Scarlett45 I’m sorry that particular date didn’t workout, but keep on trying. At least you have a good foundation of what you do and don’t want. 
 

@Jynnan tonnix Oh goodness. I’m surprised you weren’t told to take a magnesium supplement after your first episode of tachycardia. I’m glad they got this one under control fast. I hope you feel well and are able to go home. Are you seeing a cardiologist? I’m concerned. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

They are letting me out. All looks good. Giving me an extra prescription to keep the heart rate in check. It will take Mr. Jyn half an hour or so to get here (too bad they didn't send me to the hospital five minutes down the highway from our house, but this one was the closest to the Sub Base). Anyway, glad I'll be home in time for a decent night's sleep. This ER bed has been making my butt numb for hours!

Good news! I wish you a good night's sleep and sweet dreams.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Why is it a negative that he didn’t pay for your drink?

Because he asked me out for a drink. If you ask me out for a drink you offer me a beverage. Asking me out for Starbucks and taking up my time without putting in the minimal effort of refreshment is lazy.
 

My friend gave me a new phrase “he’s a DUSTY”. Any man can be a “dusty”- rich/poor, all ethnic and social groups represented. Expecting a woman’s time, attention and partnered sex with minimal effort. 
 

NOPE. And I’m sure because he is cute and employed there were ladies just happy to be there- I am not one of them. 

SUPPOSEDLY he wants to meet up again to give me samples of the products he is shilling. This made for an entertaining story at least in these boring pandemic times. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

They are letting me out. All looks good. Giving me an extra prescription to keep the heart rate in check. It will take Mr. Jyn half an hour or so to get here (too bad they didn't send me to the hospital five minutes down the highway from our house, but this one was the closest to the Sub Base). Anyway, glad I'll be home in time for a decent night's sleep. This ER bed has been making my butt numb for hours!

Feel better!!!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Because he asked me out for a drink. If you ask me out for a drink you offer me a beverage. Asking me out for Starbucks and taking up my time without putting in the minimal effort of refreshment is lazy.
 

My friend gave me a new phrase “he’s a DUSTY”. Any man can be a “dusty”- rich/poor, all ethnic and social groups represented. Expecting a woman’s time, attention and partnered sex with minimal effort. 
 

NOPE. And I’m sure because he is cute and employed there were ladies just happy to be there- I am not one of them. 

SUPPOSEDLY he wants to meet up again to give me samples of the products he is shilling. This made for an entertaining story at least in these boring pandemic times. 

Would you feel the same if it were a woman friend who asked you for coffee?

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Small Talk friends- I did a thing. 
 

In The Royals thread we were talking about the new logo for QEII’s Platinum Jubilee. I went to the Diamond, and my heart longs to go to the Platinum- so I booked a room for those dates NOW (24hrs before the check-in cancellation). 
 

It’s very up in the air- 1. Covid, 2. Cost (I have a trip to Morocco that comes first in the line of priority), 3. QEII’a health and well being- of course anything can happen but, she’s 94. 
 

I will share next year if it ends up happening. Girl Running GIF by App in the Air

My daughter lives in London and we had to cancel our planned 2020 and 2021 visits. Fortunately she is able to travel to USA as she has dual citizenship, so she’s been here instead. So we may be joining you for the Platinum. I’m hoping the airfare is reasonable.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

@Scarlett45 I’m sorry that particular date didn’t workout, but keep on trying. At least you have a good foundation of what you do and don’t want. 
 

@Jynnan tonnix Oh goodness. I’m surprised you weren’t told to take a magnesium supplement after your first episode of tachycardia. I’m glad they got this one under control fast. I hope you feel well and are able to go home. Are you seeing a cardiologist? I’m concerned. 

The prior instance of tachycardia was never reported at the time. I'd had it happen a few times, but it always went away after a few minutes, so I was just going to mention it to the doctor next time I saw him. Then I had a longer bout of it in the middle of the night a few weeks ago, and debated going to the ER, but ultimately just decided to call the doctor in the morning, but when I did, I just talked to the answering service, which said that they were not doing anything other than routine appointments (which had about a three-week wait for), since they were so short staffed due to all the renovation going on. They said, basically, keep an eye on it, and if it happens again, go to urgent care and see what they say. So I just made the regular appointment, and went to urgent care a couple of days later, since I seemed to be brewing an ear infection anyway, but it was my daughter's birthday, and I just figured I'd go after we had a celebration for her. Urgent care set me up with some antibiotics, and also basically said to keep an eye on the heart rate, and go to the ER if it happens again. Which it didn't. Until, fortuitously, it took off like a rocket at the doctor's office. And that, coupled with the fact that the blood work I'd had done a couple of days prior showed the low magnesium levels, was what landed me in the ER.

I suppose I probably should have been more proactive with having it checked out earlier, but I really, really hate going to the doctor!

Will have to see a cardiologist in a few days anyway..

Sorry this ended up being do long! I hadn't meant to go on quite that much.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

So glad you are home and stabilized @Jynnan tonnix. I’m late to reading posts today and it was so reassuring to know you were released from the ER. Hopefully keeping the magnesium levels where they should be will solve the problem. Enjoy your comfy bed!

Well, it was an interesting date, @Scarlett45, but definitely not one that will lead to a deep relationship. Hope the next one will be even better. Thanks for sharing! 
 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Would you feel the same if it were a woman friend who asked you for coffee?

I think whoever asks the other person out first should pay….and I feel it is the same whether the couple is heterosexual or homosexual (or other).

As for casual men friends or women friends, I would expect usually they would go Dutch. At least that is what my friends and I do. Some friends just alternate.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I think whoever asks the other person out first should pay….and I feel it is the same whether the couple is heterosexual or homosexual (or other).

As for casual men friends or women friends, I would expect usually they would go Dutch. At least that is what my friends and I do. Some friends just alternate.  

I guess it depends on whether you consider something a “date.” When I was young and lived in a big city, I frequently went for drinks or coffee with casual acquaintances of both sexes. I never considered them dates at that point. It could be because I’ve had more male than female friends in my lifetime, that I don’t automatically think “date” just because I’m going out with a man. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I understand what you are saying @cinnabon. And I think usually someone knows whether they are being asked for a date, or just a casual meetup between friends. I think in@Scarlett45case, I would have absolutely thought I was being asked out for a date.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

If someone invites me for coffee or lunch, I’m prepared to pay for my own, but think they will pay and they normally do. If I invite them, then I pay for both.   I have one friend who always wants to pay.  She’s really insistent about it no matter who invited whom.  The only time she’ll relent is for her birthday!  I just accept and say thank you.  She’s that way with other friends too.  I think she really enjoys treating.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I just talked to the answering service, which said that they were not doing anything other than routine appointments (which had about a three-week wait for), since they were so short staffed due to all the renovation going on. They said, basically, keep an eye on it, and if it happens again, go to urgent care and see what they say.

I’m wondering if the answering service gave this advice after speaking with the doctor. Or, was this what they told you as basically a script they were given due to the office situation?

Glad you were discharged, hope you enjoyed a good sleep! 😁

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Would you feel the same if it were a woman friend who asked you for coffee?

No because that’s not a date.

That’s a social outing. Who ever asks for the date should pay for the date. If I stopped him in a park and asked him on a date because I thought he was cute and I wanted him to fulfill my need for partnered sex- I would buy him coffee and a pastry!

6 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I understand what you are saying @cinnabon. And I think usually someone knows whether they are being asked for a date, or just a casual meetup between friends. I think in@Scarlett45case, I would have absolutely thought I was being asked out for a date.

It’s absolutely was a date. When we had our first convo after he gave me the MLM talk he said “I also wanted to know if you would be willing to go out with me, on a date, if you’re single and not seeing anyone.”  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Small Talk friends- I did a thing. 
 

In The Royals thread we were talking about the new logo for QEII’s Platinum Jubilee. I went to the Diamond, and my heart longs to go to the Platinum- so I booked a room for those dates NOW (24hrs before the check-in cancellation). 
 

It’s very up in the air- 1. Covid, 2. Cost (I have a trip to Morocco that comes first in the line of priority), 3. QEII’a health and well being- of course anything can happen but, she’s 94. 
 

I will share next year if it ends up happening. Girl Running GIF by App in the Air

Is there a new Royals thread?  I followed one on here, but it has been locked for months. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I guess it depends on whether you consider something a “date.” When I was young and lived in a big city, I frequently went for drinks or coffee with casual acquaintances of both sexes. I never considered them dates at that point. It could be because I’ve had more male than female friends in my lifetime, that I don’t automatically think “date” just because I’m going out with a man. 

No no it was a date. Hanging out with my male or female friends we will split or alternate. Pre pandemic H (my Best Guy friend) was my movie buddy- I would buy the tickets, he would buy dinner. Cause we were just socializing. Not a date. 
 

H just got engaged y’all! I am so excited I love weddings and we haven’t been anywhere in so long! I have seen H during the pandemic but I haven’t met his fiancé in person yet (they’ve been seeing each other 9 months). My heart is warm! I am so happy for H. 

1 minute ago, Stacey1014 said:

Is there a new Royals thread?  I followed one on here, but it has been locked for months. 

Yes it’s right here.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

33 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Is there a new Royals thread?  I followed one on here, but it has been locked for months. 

 

32 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes it’s right here.

Okay, I just went over and followed that thread. Will read through it later when I have time. Thanks! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So in "not really a life problem" story- this is the SECOND time in a row, my Ulta order was marked "damaged" and returned to sender by UPS. I just want my Pattern hair products in jumbo sizes. I asked for a refund back to my original payment method I and I will just have to drive to the store and buy what they have in stock.

I do not know what is going on regarding my boxes from Ulta. 

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

So in "not really a life problem" story- this is the SECOND time in a row, my Ulta order was marked "damaged" and returned to sender by UPS. I just want my Pattern hair products in jumbo sizes. I asked for a refund back to my original payment method I and I will just have to drive to the store and buy what they have in stock.

I do not know what is going on regarding my boxes from Ulta. 

Ugh, that stinks.

Maybe try their ship to store program?  At least that way they'd have to grab all your items together before you drive out there and might be able to do inter-store transfers of what they don't have locally. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, peppergal said:

Ugh, that stinks.

Maybe try their ship to store program?  At least that way they'd have to grab all your items together before you drive out there and might be able to do inter-store transfers of what they don't have locally. 

Thats a great idea, I just went to check but they don't offer "ship to store", only pick up in store, and ship to your home. I think tomorrow after work I will just drive to the one that has the most of what I want and buy what is there. Or I may wait until I get my money back. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

So in "not really a life problem" story- this is the SECOND time in a row, my Ulta order was marked "damaged" and returned to sender by UPS. I just want my Pattern hair products in jumbo sizes. I asked for a refund back to my original payment method I and I will just have to drive to the store and buy what they have in stock.

I do not know what is going on regarding my boxes from Ulta. 

I just had the same type of message from Amazon.  Apparently, my package had to be returned, and I'm getting a refund.  Now I just need to figure out which package it was.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I just had the same type of message from Amazon.  Apparently, my package had to be returned, and I'm getting a refund.  Now I just need to figure out which package it was.

That is annoying. It doesn't say in your orders which order it was?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

As I have shared with you guys, I have been losing weight since October. It hasnt been super fast, about 1lb-1.5lbs a week (normal, but not anything exceptional). This week I had a lot going on socially for the first time in a long time and I had a love affair with these cookies from Crumbl Cookies in addition to some restaurant meals.

I do not have any psychological angst about it (life happens, I am back on track today) but hot damn yesterday during my walk (without Cosmo, he wasnt game for the heat), lawd I felt SLOW with all of that food in my tummy! I think I ate more in the past week than I have any other week in the last 10months.

I think the last time I felt that full was for Christmas dinner. Life is a lot more pleasant with a less full stomach. Eating the food is fun in the moment but goodness. 

Lesson learned!

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Update on my friend who had massive heart attack. His heart issues are resolved presently.  I’m not sure what they did…perhaps stents, but he is being transferred to a Neuro ward from cardiac stepdown unit.  He does have an infection, fever and is on antibiotics.  He’s still not responsive, though eyes are open. He moves his arms and legs, but isn’t aware and doesn’t focus.   The family is disappointed as they expected small steps of cognitive progression.   So….I suppose time will tell. I suspect he will eventually be moved to a facility to provide him care.  Thank you for your prayers.  

  • Sad 24

Share this post


Link to post

So for those of you following the saga of the idiot with the escaped snake in NC, he had his day in court today.    Ended up pleading guilty to not informing the authorities of the escape but having the other charges dismissed as part of the plea.  He has to pay a small amount of restitution and forfeit all his snakes, and can't own any for a year.

I wish they'd been able to get more in fines and restitution, but at least the year ban gives the city time to finalize their announced plans to ban the ownership of venomous snakes within the city limits.  He and his parents would have to move elsewhere if he wants to resume his "hobby"  if the new ordinance passes.

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, peppergal said:

So for those of you following the saga of the idiot with the escaped snake in NC, he had his day in court today.    Ended up pleading guilty to not informing the authorities of the escape but having the other charges dismissed as part of the plea.  He has to pay a small amount of restitution and forfeit all his snakes, and can't own any for a year.

I wish they'd been able to get more in fines and restitution, but at least the year ban gives the city time to finalize their announced plans to ban the ownership of venomous snakes within the city limits.  He and his parents would have to move elsewhere if he wants to resume his "hobby"  if the new ordinance passes.

You would have thought the green Mamba he owned biting him earlier this year would have taught him a lesson, but apparently not.  I hope Raleigh does ban them.  No one needs to own a dangerous animal like that.

Also, over in the Sweet Fellowship thread, there was a discussion about SM and college admissions.  I have a friend who is trying to get into vet school and keeps getting denied.  She has the grades and has done all the extra classes required but I want so badly to tell her that maybe posting videos of her twerking and taking pole dancing classes on SM might not be the smartest thing to be doing if you're trying to get into vet school.  I keep my mouth shut because I'm sure she would consider that as me being either jealous or an old fuddy-duddy since I'm 52 and she's alot younger.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, tarheel220 said:

You would have thought the green Mamba he owned biting him earlier this year would have taught him a lesson, but apparently not.  I hope Raleigh does ban them.  No one needs to own a dangerous animal like that.

Also, over in the Sweet Fellowship thread, there was a discussion about SM and college admissions.  I have a friend who is trying to get into vet school and keeps getting denied.  She has the grades and has done all the extra classes required but I want so badly to tell her that maybe posting videos of her twerking and taking pole dancing classes on SM might not be the smartest thing to be doing if you're trying to get into vet school.  I keep my mouth shut because I'm sure she would consider that as me being either jealous or an old fuddy-duddy since I'm 52 and she's alot younger.

Yeah, she should probably remove those videos! Duh.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, tarheel220 said:

You would have thought the green Mamba he owned biting him earlier this year would have taught him a lesson, but apparently not.  I hope Raleigh does ban them.  No one needs to own a dangerous animal like that.

Also, over in the Sweet Fellowship thread, there was a discussion about SM and college admissions.  I have a friend who is trying to get into vet school and keeps getting denied.  She has the grades and has done all the extra classes required but I want so badly to tell her that maybe posting videos of her twerking and taking pole dancing classes on SM might not be the smartest thing to be doing if you're trying to get into vet school.  I keep my mouth shut because I'm sure she would consider that as me being either jealous or an old fuddy-duddy since I'm 52 and she's alot younger.

Yes, it may be something else, BUT unless she is going to school FOR DANCE (or another type of performing arts school), videos of you pole dancing may hurt your admissions chances. No there is nothing morally wrong with pole dancing, but the individuals reviewing the applications may have different social values and will likely be older than the applicant. I just wouldnt do it. Same with alcohol or cigarettes- both are very legal for adults to do, but may not help your image during the admissions process.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

You would have thought the green Mamba he owned biting him earlier this year would have taught him a lesson, but apparently not.  I hope Raleigh does ban them.  No one needs to own a dangerous animal like that.

Also, over in the Sweet Fellowship thread, there was a discussion about SM and college admissions.  I have a friend who is trying to get into vet school and keeps getting denied.  She has the grades and has done all the extra classes required but I want so badly to tell her that maybe posting videos of her twerking and taking pole dancing classes on SM might not be the smartest thing to be doing if you're trying to get into vet school.  I keep my mouth shut because I'm sure she would consider that as me being either jealous or an old fuddy-duddy since I'm 52 and she's alot younger.

Or make her account private 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

Also, over in the Sweet Fellowship thread, there was a discussion about SM and college admissions.  I have a friend who is trying to get into vet school and keeps getting denied.  She has the grades and has done all the extra classes required but I want so badly to tell her that maybe posting videos of her twerking and taking pole dancing classes on SM might not be the smartest thing to be doing if you're trying to get into vet school.  I keep my mouth shut because I'm sure she would consider that as me being either jealous or an old fuddy-duddy since I'm 52 and she's alot younger.

I suspect my brother had a similar  issue when he was job hunting. Run a search on his real name, find his social media slamming his former employers and explaining how nothing was ever his fault. He finally got a job… just after our mom (because he wouldn’t listen to me) told him to make his social media private. 

Edited by Panopticon
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I had to share this here. I took my son to a hockey camp this evening and they had little gift bags for the moms…full of Plexus samples!!! I have never come across it in real life before - I’ve only heard of it because of JillR. Do I dare try it!?!? 

  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 15

Share this post


Link to post

Small Talk friends- this evening has been a shit show. 
 

I LOST my house keys on my evening walk (without Cosmo). I got back to my house, reached in my pocket, and didn’t have them! I was in shock! I knew I had them when I left because I took out my trash and my back door was locked. 
 

I retraced my steps around my neighborhood park AGAIN (total of 14,618 steps today) and looked in the grass. I didn’t see them. I keep them on a giant gold Walt Disney World key chain thats heavy, I haven’t lost my housekey since I was 11 years old!

I told my Mom, so I got her key from the back door, went upstairs to my house and got my spare. Yes I checked the alley (they were not there). 
 

I will go to the locksmith store (we have a special type of key here) and get a copy of my spare, and of my Mom’s bedroom key and our mailbox key. 
 

I cannot believe it. And my FEET HURT. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 21

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

……I had a love affair with these cookies from Crumbl Cookies

@Scarlett45  :  I have checked and the nearest Crumbl store to my home is nearly 200 miles away in New Hampshire.  There is also one in the Outer Banks of NC, where my brother has a vacation home.  I must let him know about this.  
I must order some of these cookies ASAP.  They all look yummy—any suggestions?  

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size