Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

All your good vibes worked! I was offered and officially accepted the job this morning! I was even able to give notice to my supervisor and manager today and both were very nice about it. Now my new manager and my current manager get to work with HR to figure out when I transition to the new position. I will still work from home, keep my PTO and benefits, AND I get a raise which is a nice perk. The new job can be a little intense so that worries me a bit, but I'm also really relieved to be out of a miserable work situation. 

Yes!! Congratulations!!!!! 

• Love 9

Jenniferbug, that’s great news.  How exciting! I’m happy for you.  

I just realized that I’m not the only person to have the type of psoriasis that I have.  I actually have two types. The uncommon kind is like the one Leanne Rimes has.  Hers had been dormant for 16 years.  Mine has never been that widespread.  I feel for her. 
🙁
https://www.today.com/health/leann-rimes-psoriasis-stress-2020-leads-flare-t196671

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 6
  • Love 7

So happy for you, @Jenniferbug. I hope your new job will bring you much joy and satisfaction. 

@rue721, you have so many years to finish school, get your career going right where you want to, start a new life with your boyfriend. There will be plenty of time to buy a house, and your careers should help you get one in a lovely neighborhood. So sorry the pandemic buying is giving young people like you so much pressure to join the frenzy.

• Love 9

You are a very kind person, @Mindthinkr. I hope his family intends to compensate you for the care you will be giving Mr. Chemo. I also agree he might be better going into rehab before returning to a private home. Do you and his family have some kind of understanding that he will he will be returning to his home once the bathrooms are finished? In my mind you deserve some kind of medal. Hugs to you. I support you in whatever you decide to do. 

• Love 11

My kid had his 3rd post-op visit. Things are looking good.

In the mean time, our granddog is limping. Vet said its likely a pulled muscle, prescribed some meds and we're hoping she feels better soon.

• Love 19

Is anyone else having issues with the notifications since the upgrade or whatever it was? I'm getting my notifications but I used to have a little x in a circle that I could click and it would close them when I was done. Now I have to hit my back button to get out of them, and that takes me completely out of the page I'm looking at. It's very frustrating. 

• Love 3

Mr. Chemo just went back in for another surgery. His Dr will know a lot more after this second angiogram. Hopefully his time on blood thinners and a catheter that dispenses a blood thinner directly into the affected area will be enough. 
  I have tried to explain to his kids that funny thing about Medicare not covering after care if he is not hospitalized for 3 days. I’m hoping they don’t send him home to my house today after this surgery. To be fair I’m still exhausted from the past few days and the fact that I threw him an 80th Birthday last Saturday. Only 12 people, all vaccinated, and all pretty much in our safety pod. So my life has been very busily centered around him for over 10 days now. 

4BDD4C04-AFE8-4126-8C6C-46C38B7D5842.thumb.jpeg.b1e3826b32c7a79e0af619e9d1be5eba.jpeg

I held it outdoors under an awning and a good time was had by all. Funny how things change so fast. The lesson I learned was live each day to the fullest. Everything can change in a minute. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

All your good vibes worked! I was offered and officially accepted the job this morning! I was even able to give notice to my supervisor and manager today and both were very nice about it. Now my new manager and my current manager get to work with HR to figure out when I transition to the new position. I will still work from home, keep my PTO and benefits, AND I get a raise which is a nice perk. The new job can be a little intense so that worries me a bit, but I'm also really relieved to be out of a miserable work situation. 

I am so happy for you! Such wonderful news.

• Love 9

MIndthinkr, that’s a lovely table!  My goodness, you really are generous.  

Beckie, my issue is that I can’t seem to erase my notifications.  I can’t find that option. If anyone knows, please chime in.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Beckie, my issue is that I can’t seem to erase my notifications.  I can’t find that option. If anyone knows, please chime in.  

It's not there anymore.  I have so many notifications I can't clear out.  Sigh.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Are most people having problems with the update using their phones or on a computer? I haven't noticed any huge changes or problems on my phone. 

It’s more annoying on my iPad than my phone. In the iPad the right 1/3 is the page is filled with nonsense. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think that what I was saying, only very badly.  Lol

I'm using my phone and have had the issue since the update. Haven't tried from my computer .

• Useful 1

I hadn't noticed the giant notifications y'all were talking about until today, when I just got one. It was HUGE; it cracked me up. I also notice that the avatar/picture under a poster's name is now much bigger. It's interesting to watch the iterations of the site being fixed, lol. 

• Love 4

I wish they'd quit fixing stuff that doesn't need to be fixed, and concentrate on stuff that does, like the highly irritating page jumps. I don't want to turn my notifications off, but if they don't fix the issue, I'm going to have to, because the way I have to get out of them now is not good

• Love 4

And what's up with the column on the right that shows stats for the board (# of posts, members with most posts, etc.)?  It has a few random posts from people, too.  It takes up 1/3 of the width of my laptop screen.  

I wonder if there was a big demand for this information?  😆  Like @beckie, I'd just be happy not to have the page jumping around when I clicked into it.  🤷🏽‍♀️

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Zella said:

I was wondering what the hell you guys were talking about with large notifications. I just got one. What the fuck was that? 😂

I just got my first SUPER NOTIFICATION!!!  That was awesome!  I actually gasped!!!

My other notifications have been bigger than normal, but not super-sized.  I wonder what determines the notification's scale?  LOL

For anyone who hasn't received a SUPER NOTIFICATION yet, here's a screen shot letting me know @GeeGolly liked my post.  Hilarious.

image.png.d4e3c4ad11ad11507f915ddb8a065a98.png

Edited by CouchTater
  • LOL 13

Those large notifications have forced me to stop and wait until they disappear. It’s taking a lot more of my time. Sometimes more time than I can spare. Ugh. I am on an iPad and I can’t even find where to change my notifications, but I’m sure I saw it yesterday. 
Happy Earth Day to everyone. While we have all been inside trying to avoid becoming a statistic in the pandemic, the earth has healed a bit. Let’s hope we can find a happy medium. 

853F0F55-E31C-44FE-94D1-8C940C816DCE.thumb.jpeg.63766233fedecf7b583a4bdc258b2c8b.jpeg

• Love 17
2 hours ago, beckie said:

I wish they'd quit fixing stuff that doesn't need to be fixed, and concentrate on stuff that does, like the highly irritating page jumps. I don't want to turn my notifications off, but if they don't fix the issue, I'm going to have to, because the way I have to get out of them now is not good

Which theme are you using?  I use the IPS Default, and I do not get page jumping even with ad blocker.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Which theme are you using?  I use the IPS Default, and I do not get page jumping even with ad blocker.

I don't have any specific theme. Didn't know they existed other than the one that loads when I get on the page. It jumps on my phone and even when I use my computer.  AND if I wait,  trying to let it do its thing,  some times even then itll do the page jump as if to say Haha I gotcha! Its irritating!

• Love 1
Just now, beckie said:

I don't have any specific theme. Didn't know they existed other than the one that loads when I get on the page. It jumps on my phone and even when I use my computer.  AND if I wait,  trying to let it do its thing,  some times even then itll do the page jump as if to say Haha I gotcha! Its irritating!

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can change your theme.  You have 3 choices--IPS Default, Light, or Dark.   You can change then change it.  You probably have it set to the Light (Default).  That is the one which has ads imbedded into the thread.  Those ads are what cause the jumping.  The IPS Default does not jump.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can change your theme.  You have 3 choices--IPS Default, Light, or Dark.   You can change then change it.  You probably have it set to the Light (Default).  That is the one which has ads imbedded into the thread.  Those ads are what cause the jumping.  The IPS Default does not jump.

Found it, but now its changed my page completely.  Hmmm, I'll give it a try.  Maybe it'll fix the issue I'm having with notifications,  too.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, beckie said:

Found it, but now its changed my page completely.  Hmmm, I'll give it a try.  Maybe it'll fix the issue I'm having with notifications,  too.

It is a bit different, and you have to click on the star or dot next to the forum to get unread messages, but I will take that over the jumping any day.

• Love 1

Hi friends- I think I am finally starting to feel most of the sadness around my god mother’s death. Between the stress of her final weeks, the harassment by her husband, the funeral, my great aunt being in the hospital- now I can finally breathe and just be sad. 

Today was the first rough day in Dog Mom Life. The cat food Cosmo ate 1.5 days ago caught up with him. The first time since he has been with me, he was awake and looking at me when I woke up “Human attend to my needs.”

He had me out 5x before 12:30pm. The runs, vomiting etc. 

He is doing better now, he was sleeping under the desk this afternoon and he wagged his tail, but I hated seeing him sick. 

We just got back from our evening walk. I’m still learning about how to best care for him.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

@Scarlett45
Awww, poor Cosmo. I’ve heard bone broth would be a good idea. Disclaimer: consult his veterinarian. 😁

I’ve also heard pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, but pumpkin purée) is good for dogs with upset tummies. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’ve also heard pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, but pumpkin purée) is good for dogs with upset tummies. 

I’ve heard the same. I was just coming back to edit and add that.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

My youngest daughter just got offered, and accepted, a job as a speaker on Heroin and Opioid Prevention Education. She’ll speak at schools and businesses. It will be virtual for now. This all came about when she was seen at a presentation for her school, with a club she is in.

I bet you are very proud! How great for her. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Hi friends- I think I am finally starting to feel most of the sadness around my god mother’s death. Between the stress of her final weeks, the harassment by her husband, the funeral, my great aunt being in the hospital- now I can finally breathe and just be sad. 

Today was the first rough day in Dog Mom Life. The cat food Cosmo ate 1.5 days ago caught up with him. The first time since he has been with me, he was awake and looking at me when I woke up “Human attend to my needs.”

He had me out 5x before 12:30pm. The runs, vomiting etc. 

He is doing better now, he was sleeping under the desk this afternoon and he wagged his tail, but I hated seeing him sick. 

We just got back from our evening walk. I’m still learning about how to best care for him.

I'm so sorry you're feeling sad and that the Baby Boy is sick.  I've also heard that pumpkin puree is good for upset dog tummies.  I hope Cosmo is feeling better soon and that you are taking good care of yourself.

• Love 9