Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

ETA: @QuinnInND - I LOVE hearing what your tiny humans say and do. LOVE it! Thanks for sharing and brightening my day.

Awww you're so welcome! I'm glad my tiny humans can brighten your day too. ❤️

So glad you found the will! What a relief! Hope you sleep well tonight. 

16 minutes ago, emma675 said:

If y'all could spare some prayers or good thoughts for my best friend tonight, I would appreciate it. Her dad has been moved to hospice today and it looks like he's nearing the end. He had a stroke last year and has been in a rehab center ever since, with no visitors allowed until recently. My friend, her sister, and his other family were finally able to visit him this week. We think he was hanging on just to see everyone one last time as he started going downhill just days after their visits. Their mom passed from cancer almost 20 years ago when we were younger. It's hard for me because she's on the east coast so I can't be there in person.

Thoughts and prayers for all of you.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

If y'all could spare some prayers or good thoughts for my best friend tonight, I would appreciate it. Her dad has been moved to hospice today and it looks like he's nearing the end. He had a stroke last year and has been in a rehab center ever since, with no visitors allowed until recently. My friend, her sister, and his other family were finally able to visit him this week. We think he was hanging on just to see everyone one last time as he started going downhill just days after their visits. Their mom passed from cancer almost 20 years ago when we were younger. It's hard for me because she's on the east coast so I can't be there in person.

I’m very sorry 

• Love 5

So sorry, @iwantcookies, lack of sleep and night terrors are no fun. Please don’t wait too long to seek professional help.

I’m so glad you found the will, @Jeeves. Hope it will go smoothly now.

Sending comforting thoughts to you and your best friend, @emma675

Add me to the list of small talkers who just love the stories of your tiny humans, @QuinnInND. Since teaching kindergarten was one of my first jobs, your stories bring back many fun memories. 

• Love 5

Good morning, everyone! It's the last day before spring break today.  Two hour early release today. I'm sure the tiny humans won't be too interested in doing much today. I'm right there with them. Have a great day everyone! 

• Love 11

@emma675 I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's dad! 

@Jeeves I'm glad you were able to find a will! I had to do a will hunt when my uncle died, and it was so frustrating and uncomfortable to have to root around in his personal possessions. My grandmother was actually the one who found his will, thankfully. I overlooked it at the back of a nondescript folder. 

@BetyBee I'm glad your sister seems to be on the mend! 🙂 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Love2dance said:

So sorry, @iwantcookies, lack of sleep and night terrors are no fun. Please don’t wait too long to seek professional help.

I’m so glad you found the will, @Jeeves. Hope it will go smoothly now.

Sending comforting thoughts to you and your best friend, @emma675

Add me to the list of small talkers who just love the stories of your tiny humans, @QuinnInND. Since teaching kindergarten was one of my first jobs, your stories bring back many fun memories. 

Dance’s post reflects exactly what I wanted to post adding that I will also add @BetyBee’s sister to my prayers. Hopefully with spring, the vaccines and a year of getting used to our new ways of life, that things will seem easier for us. I hope we can all find small ways of enjoying the summer. The good news is that I have seen lots of trees and flowers blooming. The bad news is that the pine trees are full of pollen. I hope with mask wearing it won’t be as bad on my seasonal allergies. Be well everyone 🥰

• Love 8

@QuinnInND:  I do so enjoy hearing the stories from your tiny humans.  As some of you know, I taught kindergarten for 17 years, as well as a combo of other early childhood grades for 10 years.  I miss my kinders so much, and their stories.  In fact , I even taught some of their children later on...

I had a goldfish tank.  One day I had been demonstrating how to mix blue and yellow water to make green.  One of the little humans decided to dump the green water into the fish tank.  Thankfully they were none the worse for the wear.  I had to explain to him that we don’t pour colored water into the fish tank...

• Love 7

I decided to buy a house, so this week I talked it over with my boyfriend, got pre-approved for a mortgage, and now I am meeting with three different buyer's agents and am scheduled to go to a house tour on Sunday. This is crazy. At this rate, am I going to be a homeowner next week? Is this how fast these things go?!

Not even going to go into the weird story of what happened early this morning when I tried to give a seller's agent a call back. Basically, the weird part was that this woman was on the phone with me when she started cussing someone out like I've never heard anyone be cussed out. She was MAD. I don't know if she thought the call had dropped and I wasn't on the line anymore or what. Hilarious, but kinda unnerving, if you want to know the truth!

Also this morning, I was on my way to work and my car started driving really rough -- noisy, and with lots of sputtering and shaking. I got to the light right before the highway entrance and the Check Oil light came on. Since I was stuck at a red light anyhow, I googled what that meant, and the results all basically said, "pull over immediately!" So I did, and called my mechanic. He said to go back a block to the nearest autoshop, not to even try to make it the five blocks or so to his. Well, I did... the mechanic there checked my oil, and there was literally none in the tank. So he added a couple quarts. It was still looking like no oil was in the tank. So he added another couple. Still showing as nothing. He asked me to back the car up a few feet, and there was oil all over the ground. So he made me leave the car there, drove me home, and I had to ask my dad to come by so I could borrow my parents' car to get to work. Luckily the autoshop fixed the leak and it looks like nothing else is wrong. It's not cheap, but I'd rather pay a $500 repair and oil bill than deal with a totaled car! Thankfully, I was close to home and wasn't on the highway yet. If the light had come on while I was on the highway, I probably would have just kept going and figured I'd deal with it once I was at work! I would have killed my car right there and then!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I decided to buy a house, so this week I talked it over with my boyfriend, got pre-approved for a mortgage, and now I am meeting with three different buyer's agents and am scheduled to go to a house tour on Sunday. This is crazy. At this rate, am I going to be a homeowner next week? Is this how fast these things go?!

Not even going to go into the weird story of what happened early this morning when I tried to give a seller's agent a call back. Basically, the weird part was that this woman was on the phone with me when she started cussing someone out like I've never heard anyone be cussed out. She was MAD. I don't know if she thought the call had dropped and I wasn't on the line anymore or what. Hilarious, but kinda unnerving, if you want to know the truth!

Also this morning, I was on my way to work and my car started driving really rough -- noisy, and with lots of sputtering and shaking. I got to the light right before the highway entrance and the Check Oil light came on. Since I was stuck at a red light anyhow, I googled what that meant, and the results all basically said, "pull over immediately!" So I did, and called my mechanic. He said to go back a block to the nearest autoshop, not to even try to make it the five blocks or so to his. Well, I did... the mechanic there checked my oil, and there was literally none in the tank. So he added a couple quarts. It was still looking like no oil was in the tank. So he added another couple. Still showing as nothing. He asked me to back the car up a few feet, and there was oil all over the ground. So he made me leave the car there, drove me home, and I had to ask my dad to come by so I could borrow my parents' car to get to work. Luckily the autoshop fixed the leak and it looks like nothing else is wrong. It's not cheap, but I'd rather pay a $500 repair and oil bill than deal with a totaled car! Thankfully, I was close to home and wasn't on the highway yet. If the light had come on while I was on the highway, I probably would have just kept going and figured I'd deal with it once I was at work! I would have killed my car right there and then!

Wow! Hope you find the house of your dreams! 

Lucky you didn't kill your engine, and you're safe with a fairly cheap repair. 

Good luck house hunting! 

• Love 6

My great aunt isn’t doing well in the hospital. I told my cousin I would go back on Sunday since I have to take care of my sister Saturday.*

This all just sucks and I am exhausted, numb and sick of hospitals. 

*My Mom has to work, and wasn’t planning on viewing the live stream for my godmother’s service anyway, I am FaceTiming with my friend in Taiwan before my sister wakes up and likely won’t watch either. 

• Love 2
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

My great aunt isn’t doing well in the hospital. I told my cousin I would go back on Sunday since I have to take care of my sister Saturday.*

*My Mom has to work, and wasn’t planning on viewing the live stream for my godmother’s service anyway, I am FaceTiming with my friend in Taiwan before my sister wakes up and likely won’t watch either. 

((((hugs)))) 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

It's no wonder that you are exhausted.  I hope you get a chance to rest, detach a bit and take care of yourself very soon. 😊

• Love 9
On 3/25/2021 at 11:09 AM, peppergal said:

Unfortunately it is wickedly easy to falsify caller ID, especially if calling from a VOIP line.  It's just a matter of telling the computer placing the call what its phone number is, and setting it to something other than what the incoming line actually is. 

However, the good news is that the FCC has mandated that a set of protocols called STIR and SHAKEN be implemented by all telecoms with more than 100k subscribers by June of this year (most have already done the hardware upgrades, it's just a matter of getting the software hand-offs between networks implemented).  The system essentially "signs" caller ID similar to the way a website gets a certificate to verify their identity.  We're starting to see the beginnings of it already with more incoming calls being labeled "spam risk"  but later this year, we should start to see the ability to more easily identify and reject calls with faked caller ID.  The protocol does allow (and not trap) legitimate alterations in the Caller ID information such as when your insurance company calls and they substitute the main switchboard number for the individual extension of the agent calling you. 

That explains why I'm all the sudden getting calls that are labeled spam risk. I was a bit confused since I know I didn't label those numbers.

On 3/25/2021 at 1:53 PM, ozziemom said:

Just wait another couple months and your phone will have nothing but pictures of Comso @Scarlett45. My grown children are a tiny bit jealous of all the Ozzie photos on my phone, lol.

I use to call my mom's dog my super-spoiled little brother. He would only eat (expensive) dog food if it had cooked chicken breast mixed in, he road in the front seat of her car, and yet he was still a sweet cuddle bug. 

Our college canceled spring break this year, kind of, classes are ending a week early and that week is being called spring break. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I use to call my mom's dog my super-spoiled little brother. He would only eat (expensive) dog food if it had cooked chicken breast mixed in, he road in the front seat of her car, and yet he was still a sweet cuddle bug. 

Hehe sounds like my little guy. My Chihuahua named after a Roman emperor--that did wonders for his self-esteem 😂--insists on having some human food in his dog food. This is after a lengthy boycott of all dog food. I have been weaning him off human food lately after he was having some food allergy issues, but we reached a point of too little human food, and he pulled a hunger strike on me. I thought I'd wait him out. It was like trying to break a freaking Navy Seal. I broke and just decided to give the little tyrant a ratio he approves of, which is better than what he was eating. He's a really sweet little guy and loves to snuggle, but oh my God is he a drama llama. 😄

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
On 3/25/2021 at 10:18 PM, iwantcookies said:

I keep having nightmares/night terrors. I cannot sleep more than 2 hours at a time. My head is about to explode/dizzy etc. we humans do need sleep. 

I’m so sorry to hear this. What kind of work schedule do you have? I think you said you work from home? Sometimes I take NyQuil or Melatonin and they help.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Scarlett45, I'm so sorry all of this is hitting you at once. I hope your chat with your friend in Taiwan, relieves some of the stress you are under. I wish peace and fond memories of your loved ones to fill your heart and mind. ❤️

• Love 7

I just wanted to check in since I posted about my post covid vaccine symptoms after second shot.  I was prepared to feel a little unwell, but not like that. I was quite unwell Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday. Last night my headache was so severe that I was planning a doctor visit this morning if it didn’t subside.  Today, I’m better, but not 100%.  I feel much better, though. Just exhausted though I’ve mainly slept. No regrets though. I would still get it again. No doubts on that. Totally worth it.  

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just wanted to check in since I posted about my post covid vaccine symptoms after second shot.  I was prepared to feel a little unwell, but not like that. I was quite unwell Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday. Last night my headache was so severe that I was planning a doctor visit this morning if it didn’t subside.  Today, I’m better, but not 100%.  I feel much better, though. Just exhausted though I’ve mainly slept. No regrets though. I would still get it again. No doubts on that. Totally worth it.  

If the theory posted earlier,  that the degree of your reaction to the vaccine reflects the severity of the case of Covid you would have had if infected,  it sounds as if you would've been SEVERELY ill if you had contracted Covid. Of course I know that is just a theory at this point. Glad you are feeling a little better and it sounds as if you should have developed a lot of antibodies.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

If the theory posted earlier,  that the degree of your reaction to the vaccine reflects the severity of the case of Covid you would have had if infected,  it sounds as if you would've been SEVERELY ill if you had contracted Covid. Of course I know that is just a theory at this point. Glad you are feeling a little better and it sounds as if you should have developed a lot of antibodies.  

I’ve heard that too.  I have type I diabetes and I’m not sure if that was a factor.  I also have a couple other autoimmune issues.  My dad, who’s 83, had no ill effects at all from his Moderna. My mom’s were very minor after her Pfizer.   Go figure.  I’ve always felt in my heart that I would not survive covid.  Now.....the next 2 weeks....looking forward to that.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

What if you had covid last year before it was diagnosed as such? I've got a friend who had it last March, and was sick as a dog. She almost wanted to go to the hospital one night. She's getting her second shot in a couple of weeks, and is worried. 

• Love 1

Some of my friends got vaccines by traveling a little farther away. Rural areas often have not as many people, and they want to use up the doses. Several friends have gotten their vaccines by driving further out.  That's a tip for people who are looking to get vaccinated. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

What if you had covid last year before it was diagnosed as such? I've got a friend who had it last March, and was sick as a dog. She almost wanted to go to the hospital one night. She's getting her second shot in a couple of weeks, and is worried. 

Are you saying that she had bad effects after the first shot of vaccine?

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Some of my friends got vaccines by traveling a little farther away. Rural areas often have not as many people, and they want to use up the doses. Several friends have gotten their vaccines by driving further out.  That's a tip for people who are looking to get vaccinated. 

That’s what I did and consider it well worth the trip. I drove two counties up. I had my second vaccine yesterday. My arm was only sore for approximately 6-8 hours, but today I have a constant nagging headache. Also some nausea and light sensitivity. My friend thinks I’m having a migraine and it has nothing to do with the vaccine. She could be right. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Are you saying that she had bad effects after the first shot of vaccine?

No. She has zero side effects except for a sore arm. She's worried about the side effects of the second shot. She's hoping that she doesn't feel like crap after because she had such a bad case of covid last year. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

That’s what I did and consider it well worth the trip. I drove two counties up. I had my second vaccine yesterday. My arm was only sore for approximately 6-8 hours, but today I have a constant nagging headache. Also some nausea and light sensitivity. My friend thinks I’m having a migraine and it has nothing to do with the vaccine. She could be right. 

I had a significant headache with my second one starting the next day. I have never had a migraine so I think it was the vaccine. I used to have a good many sinus headaches but not so much since I take an allergy tablet daily. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Most of what I'm hearing is that people who had COVID already had reactions to the first shot.  At least with Pfizer.  Those who hadn't had it, the reaction was after shot #2.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Most of what I'm hearing is that people who had COVID already had reactions to the first shot.  At least with Pfizer.  Those who hadn't had it, the reaction was after shot #2.  

That has been what I am hearing also.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Well that's good. 

My dad just got his shot today at a VA clinic. He wasn't sure which one he got, but he goes back in 3 weeks for the second one, so I am pretty sure it was the Pfizer one. He had a moderate case of COVID back in October and has had lingering side effects. He's not had any reaction yet. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

No. She has zero side effects except for a sore arm. She's worried about the side effects of the second shot. She's hoping that she doesn't feel like crap after because she had such a bad case of covid last year. 

Oh, I see.  Well, I had an antibody test earlier because I was almost positive this horrible thing I had last year was covid, but my antibody test was negative.  I have a friend who had covid and her side effects occurred after her first vaccine.  None after her second. 
I really had no side effects after my first one except a sore arm and a little tired.  I have two friends who got J&J and they had no side effects.  Neither had had covid.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I see.  Well, I had an antibody test earlier because I was almost positive this horrible thing I had last year was covid, but my antibody test was negative.  I have a friend who had covid and her side effects occurred after her first vaccine.  None after her second. 
I really had no side effects after my first one except a sore arm and a little tired.  I have two friends who got J&J and they had no side effects.  Neither had had covid.

My friend had a negative antibody test too. But it was over 6 months between her illness and her antibody test. She lost her sense of taste and smell when she was sick, and she was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. She said she'd never been so sick. 

9 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

My friend had a negative antibody test too. But it was over 6 months between her illness and her antibody test. She lost her sense of taste and smell when she was sick, and she was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. She said she'd never been so sick. 

Oh....I didn’t realize the time between covid  and antibody test mattered. So, maybe I did have it last year in Feb.-March.  It was very severe and the cough from hell for over a month. I never had a fever though.  It’s difficult to say......different people, different reactions.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

I got my second dose of Moderna yesterday. There were so many people at the pharmacy with masks under their noses and at least one with no mask. I was there for an hour.  As a blood cancer patient, I was pretty freaked out. I did double mask but still. I wonder what happens if you are exposed to covid before your vaccine. The first dose is not effective for blood cancer patients so it’s like I wasn’t immunized at all yet, and blood cancer patients are much more likely to end up in the hospital from covid. I’m sure I’m ok, but it’s one more thing to worry about. 

Today I am congested and achy and have a low grade fever.  My hematologist previously said that she would give me an antibody test in about 3 weeks.  Unfortunately, blood cancer patients seem to have the least response of any cancer patients, at least after 1 dose. There haven’t been any studies yet on fully vaccinated blood cancer patients.  I just want enough immunity to stay out of the hospital and be able to see vaccinated friends and family members, even with a mask. I’m so tired of isolation. Sorry for the negativity but I really needed to vent.

Edited by EVS
I took my temperature and do have a low grade fever.
  • Love 3

All I had with the first shot is a little bit of a sore arm...I suppose if I'd been able to relax it a bit more it might have helped - I've never had that with flu shots - but the place I had mine done was a drive-through, where they just jabbed you through the window, so it was a little awkward, and, yeah, felt a bit uncomfortable going in. No biggie, though. I have the next one on April 10. Anticipating a day of feeling like crap, but hoping I luck out. 

Had a little family party for my granddaughter's 3rd birthday today. I can't help but brag on her a little bit...especially comparing her to Gideon, who is about two weeks older than she is. She not only talks in complete sentences, but pretty much rattles off paragraphs. Even if, sometimes, just as Duggarlets "recite" scripture, she comes up with long excerpts from various books she has that are really beyond her understanding. Mr Jyn got her a book for Christmas about "why" questions, which she was just starting to ask, and she absolutely loves it, even though it's written on, I'd say, about a 4th grade level. My son-in-law was talking about how she learns entire paragraphs verbatim just because she loves to have them read to her. And, lo and behold, she launched into a paragraph about sore throats, culminating with something about an "infected uvula". As I said, she has little if any real understanding of it all, but she does love to talk! One of her presents was a doctor set, because, apparently, that's her very favorite thing to play with in preschool. She can use words like "stethoscope" and "prescription" quite easily.

So far, so good on my daughter's second pregnancy...she went to the doctor yesterday because she got really nervous after starting to feel a little less sick, but there's a good heartbeat. Even though her first formal scan is still about a week away, she was happy to hear that. Last time, the first scan came up empty. So we are still all keeping our fingers tightly crossed.

And, lastly, just an example of one of those minor little things that shouldn't even matter, but, like a dripping water-torture, just add up. With my mom. I expect everyone here will probably just tell me to ignore it, as it's really so unimportant, and I should, but it still ends up making me crazy because there are just so many instances every time I turn around that I'm hypersensitive.

She had a small serving of crackers and artichoke dip, which Mr Jyn had given her on a small plate with a tiny spoon as an appetizer. And afterwards, I went outside for a little bit with daughter, son-in-law and Remy to see her ride her new tricycle. When I cam back in, Mom had brought her little plate and spoon into the kitchen with her walker, and was painstakingly washing them, but didn't know where the little spoon went. So I took it and put it in the silverware drawer (where we keep them). She practically shrieked, "it's still wet!". Which, granted, I hadn't exactly wiped it, but it was clean and I shook it dry. I said, "it's fine, don't worry", but the next thing I know, she has a piece of paper towel, and is fishing around the silverware drawer to find it and wipe it. I told her it really wasn't that big a deal, but she looked in the drawer, and saw where it had left half a droplet on a neighboring spoon, and pointed it out to me as though that was complete justification. I mean, it's water, it's clean. Does that make me a terrible housekeeper? It's just stuff like that which she is constantly finding that she just does not think I take enough care with...Heck, this morning (which was, granted a very nice day), I came downstairs fairly early, having already gotten dressed (which I will admit I'm typically a bit late getting to), but she just looked me up and down and said, "that's not a gardening outfit". Well, excuse me, I had planned on devoting the day  to deep cleaning the kitchen, vacuuming, and dusting in preparation for the birthday celebration -  to say nothing of last-minute shopping - and I did spend quite a few hours doing that. But, in her mind, if I'd gotten up at sunrise and worked in the garden for an hour or two, I'd still have had plenty of time for the other stuff, and besides, my kitchen should not have needed the amount of work that I ended up doing if I kept up with it properly. But she always adored gardening more than any other pursuit in life, and can't understand that sometimes I just don't feel like it. Aside, of course, from the fact that nothing in the house should ever get messy enough that a quick once-over won't take care of it. I'm sorry, Mom, I'm not you. Unfortunately my genetics have me wired a bit differently.

• Love 17
55 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh....I didn’t realize the time between covid  and antibody test mattered. So, maybe I did have it last year in Feb.-March.  It was very severe and the cough from hell for over a month. I never had a fever though.  It’s difficult to say......different people, different reactions.

She found out when she went to urgent care for another reason in November, and they did an antibody test. The Dr there said it was over 6 months, so the negative didn't mean she didn't have it in March. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Zella said:

My dad just got his shot today at a VA clinic. He wasn't sure which one he got, but he goes back in 3 weeks for the second one, so I am pretty sure it was the Pfizer one. He had a moderate case of COVID back in October and has had lingering side effects. He's not had any reaction yet. 

I read earlier today, that getting a vaccination has helped or even cleared up long COVID symptoms for some people.  May he be one of the lucky ones!

43 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

But, in her mind, if I'd gotten up at sunrise and worked in the garden for an hour or two, I'd still have had plenty of time for the other stuff, and besides, my kitchen should not have needed the amount of work that I ended up doing if I kept up with it properly. But she always adored gardening more than any other pursuit in life, and can't understand that sometimes I just don't feel like it. Aside, of course, from the fact that nothing in the house should ever get messy enough that a quick once-over won't take care of it. I'm sorry, Mom, I'm not you. Unfortunately my genetics have me wired a bit differently.

Boundaries.  It may be too late in life to set them with your mom, but life lesson for people with younger parents, do NOT let parents do this to you.  They don't have the right or entitlement.  If they start, stop them.  This is my life and my house, mom.  I love having you visit, but I'm an adult and entitled to set my own dress code, clean on my schedule, keep my yard as I wish, etc.

Yes, my mother quit speaking to me three times in life when I pushed back, but she got over it and guess what?  She learned to respect my boundaries.  She did call me a bitch once and I told her that was unacceptable and refused to take her calls for a month.  Yes, mom, you get your own treatment back in your face.  

Good fences make good neighbors and good boundaries make healthy families.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I read earlier today, that getting a vaccination has helped or even cleared up long COVID symptoms for some people.  May he be one of the lucky ones!

I've read that, too, and I am hoping it helps him! He has had lingering fatigue and nausea since then. (He mainly complained of fatigue and nausea when he was sick with it. He didn't really have the respiratory symptoms.) I think he's finally gotten his sense of taste and smell back before now, but even just a couple of weeks ago, he told me the fatigue was so bad that he slept in until 11 am that day. This is a man who has gotten up before dawn since, well, he was in the military in the early 80s.

• Love 10