Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Honeycocoa

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Recommended Posts

I just received a message on my "land line"  (my Ooma VOIP that I don't have connected at this time) that I'm being served and if I don't call them RIGHT NOW I will be arrested  tomorrow with the press present.  I'm in Nevada and the call was from Buffalo, NY.  I also had a message  from them yesterday.  Anyone know what this scam is?

  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I just received a message on my "land line"  (my Ooma VOIP that I don't have connected at this time) that I'm being served and if I don't call them RIGHT NOW I will be arrested  tomorrow with the press present.  I'm in Nevada and the call was from Buffalo, NY.  I also had a message  from them yesterday.  Anyone know what this scam is?

You cannot be served over the telephone.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, Calico Kitty, what did you do?? Just kidding, I get those types of calls regularly. I accidentally answered one time and a man with a heavy Jamaican accent speaking broken English tried to convince me he was with the FBI and I was going to be arrested by agents showing up at my front door the next day if I didn't pay a fine RIGHT NOW. And he was being generous enough to provide a way for me to pay that fine over the phone if I would just provide him with my banking info. He got pretty pissed off when I started laughing and didn't stop until I hung up on him. Apparently this type of scam ramps up every year right around tax time and they can spoof basically any number in existence, even local police numbers, federal numbers, etc. Just keep ignoring and blocking it. 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Mrs. P. said:

You cannot be served over the telephone.

I know it is a scam.  I wish everyone understood that your statement is correct. I was wondering if anyone knows what scam it is this time.  Based on the number of scam calls out there, a lot of people must panic and respond to these calls. This is one of the reasons I'm glad my 94-year-old mother can't manage a phone anymore.  She would talk to anyone on the phone--even scam recordings. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I just received a message on my "land line"  (my Ooma VOIP that I don't have connected at this time) that I'm being served and if I don't call them RIGHT NOW I will be arrested  tomorrow with the press present.  I'm in Nevada and the call was from Buffalo, NY.  I also had a message  from them yesterday.  Anyone know what this scam is?

did they leave a # to call back? if so, they want you to send $/gift cards to pay for some supposed court cost so you be done with the "case" or if you claim it is a mistake they will ask for personal info, SSN, birth date to clarify you are the right person.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

did they leave a # to call back? if so, they want you to send $/gift cards to pay for some supposed court cost so you be done with the "case" or if you claim it is a mistake they will ask for personal info, SSN, birth date to clarify you are the right person.

Thanks for the info.  I've never spoken to any of these people, so I wasn't sure what info they were trying to get.  I just ignore any calls I don't recognize.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I always do a search for the phone number when I see a number I don't know.  With Mr. Six working from home 50% and him being on the state's list for his vax, I feel like I need to do some due diligence, just in case.  Every single number I've searched in the last 6 weeks or so has shown up on NoMoreRobo's website.  All scams, but the most popular one is a recording asking if I think veteran's benefits are important.  Seriously?  We have Vonage, so I can block numbers through them, but our landline phone has a call block button on it.  Best phone we've had!  

I'm impressed with how many states are opening up vaccine availability so quickly.  I had some hope in the beginning with how Maryland was handling it.  We were second in the country (within hours of Ohio) to go on lockdown.  The governor was aggressive, got flack, but stood his ground.  And at this point, I'm looking at not getting the first dose for over a month 😞 I'm hoping we can get an appointment for Mr. Six soon.  While he only deals with allergies now, he had severe asthma as a kid, and one attack sent him to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh for an extended stay.  Besides, I've dealt with his man-colds many times over.  When he gets sick, I'm the one that needs medicated.  With alcohol.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

The one I love is one i get several times a week about the warranty on my non-existent car. Each time i block the number and a few days later i get the exact same call from a different number. Its become very amusing. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, beckie said:

The one I love is one i get several times a week about the warranty on my non-existent car. Each time i block the number and a few days later i get the exact same call from a different number. Its become very amusing. 

I get one every day sometimes twice. I never owned a car. 

  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

I’m impressed with how many states are opening up vaccine availability so quickly.  I had some hope in the beginning with how Maryland was handling it.  We were second in the country (within hours of Ohio) to go on lockdown.  The governor was aggressive, got flack, but stood his ground.  And at this point, I'm looking at not getting the first dose for over a month 😞 I'm hoping we can get an appointment for Mr. Six soon.  While he only deals with allergies now, he had severe asthma as a kid, and one attack sent him to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh for an extended stay.  Besides, I've dealt with his man-colds many times over.  When he gets sick, I'm the one that needs medicated.  With alcohol.

I hear you, my boyfriend is in PG and even though he’s 1c because of his job, he still can’t get an appointment. It really worries me, because he has to go in to work every single day and there have been quite a few scares. He is fairly low risk, but with covid you never know.

I’m in NoVA and have no idea when I’ll be able to get it, either. We just are getting so few doses. I’m hoping that sometime in April, I’ll be able to make an appointment, but who the hell knows.

I’m happy to hear that other states are able to get the vaccine to everybody, but not going to lie, I’m jealous, too.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I really hope that all states will get easy vaccine access soon.  It’s so frustrating to hear of those who want it and don’t have access.  It’s a mystery as to why distribution seems so random.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I get loads of warranty calls too, they are usually from the same area code as my cell phone even though I don’t live anywhere near that area code anymore. I also block the number, but next day it’s another number. It’s a very strange scam, do they eventually ask for money or just personal information?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I've called numbers solicitors left on my phone and received 'hello's' from truly perplexed phone number owners.

Some way scammers are able to use any number they choose.

That's a whole new ballgame!

  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Are the states that are opening vaxxes to everyone able to accommodate them all? Or is that actually making it harder to get an appointment?

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Are the states that are opening vaxxes to everyone able to accommodate them all? Or is that actually making it harder to get an appointment?

Most everyone that I know has been able to get in, though they may have to drive a couple of hours.  
 

I celebrated too early yesterday....man, arm is super sore, awake most of the night cold or hot, achy, very tired, unwell.....I’ll be in bed most of today.  I suppose it’s good my immune system is working. I was fine after shot 1.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I celebrated too early yesterday....man, arm is super sore, awake most of the night cold or hot, achy, very tired, unwell.....I’ll be in bed most of today.  I suppose it’s good my immune system is working. I was fine after shot 1.

Just remind yourself that it's your immune system working as it should and it shouldn't last too long. And it's better than getting Covid. That's how I got through my 24 hours of misery. 

I'm going to be interested to see if the Covid vaccine is something we have to get yearly, like a flu shot, or if it has a longer immunity span like a polio vaccine. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Hello small talk friends- I finally have information on end of life services for my godmother, there is going to be an in person service Saturday (to which we are not invited), but my god sister said she will be sending on the link to us if we want to attend remotely. My mom got on the horn, and contacted their social circle and told the elderly persons with limited internet knowledge what they needed to do to see it Saturday morning. Their former office manager (age 86) said "What is a link to a stream? a stream is a body of water!" my Mom explained it as being like live tv of the service, and she said "okay, I will have my son ready to help me and we can watch together."

Guys after all we have been through, I only care about my Mom's feelings, and Cosmo- my godmother is dead. And her daughter has to live with the choices she is making, in completely disregarding her Mother's last wishes (which she PLANNED AND WROTE DOWN over a year ago)- the woman did not want to be buried with her husband and his people, she wanted to be buried with her daughter, left her detailed instructions and resources to accomplish this.

Let's just say karma knows your address. And I say this as someone who doesn't care about funerals and all that- Mom wants to be a tree (she originally wanted to be a diamond, but now she says dont waste the money, I will need it to care for my sister), my sister and I are both going to science.

I care about my Mom (who is getting a lot of support from their social circle, lots of calls and laments, people agree with her), and Cosmo. Cosmo is just fine. His coat is getting shinier with the supplements. He is comforting.

  • Like 13
  • Sad 15

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Are the states that are opening vaxxes to everyone able to accommodate them all? Or is that actually making it harder to get an appointment?

Here in Arkansas at least, eligibility for all of 1B was opened March 8, I believe, and by the following week, 1C was opened. I've not seen anything about shortages here locally. Pharmacy A (where I got mine and had a rolling waitlist) posted just yesterday that they had finally caught up with their wait list and were open for appointments like normal. Pharmacy B (where you can book an appointment and where my grandparents got their shots) has way more openings for appointments than they did at the beginning of the month. Their scheduler would fill up very fast and not show appointments for an entire month. Now you can book one for tomorrow.

We actually had a retired doctor who volunteers at a vaccine clinic in another town walk into the library last night to ask if we'd already had our shots because they had some that weren't used, and he was trying to find someone to give them to. I thought it was kind of him to think of the library, but he is one of our avid patrons. 

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I get loads of warranty calls too, they are usually from the same area code as my cell phone even though I don’t live anywhere near that area code anymore. I also block the number, but next day it’s another number. It’s a very strange scam, do they eventually ask for money or just personal information?

The ones I hate are those that supposedly come from places I know. I generally don't answer anything from numbers I don't recognize, but more often lately, my phone shows that it's Hartford Health Care, or something that might send me updates on things I need to know about, then it turns out to be the car warrantee thing, or Becky trying to tell me I could lower the interest rates on my credit cards. How do these places pirate the phone numbers of legitimate businesses?

 

  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, emma675 said:

 

I'm going to be interested to see if the Covid vaccine is something we have to get yearly, like a flu shot, or if it has a longer immunity span like a polio vaccine. 

That's what we're thinking. It's going to be a yearly shot eventually. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The ones I hate are those that supposedly come from places I know. I generally don't answer anything from numbers I don't recognize, but more often lately, my phone shows that it's Hartford Health Care, or something that might send me updates on things I need to know about, then it turns out to be the car warrantee thing, or Becky trying to tell me I could lower the interest rates on my credit cards. How do these places pirate the phone numbers of legitimate businesses?

 

And private home owners????

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The ones I hate are those that supposedly come from places I know. I generally don't answer anything from numbers I don't recognize, but more often lately, my phone shows that it's Hartford Health Care, or something that might send me updates on things I need to know about, then it turns out to be the car warrantee thing, or Becky trying to tell me I could lower the interest rates on my credit cards. How do these places pirate the phone numbers of legitimate businesses?

 

I think they just register their spam number as a common business name to get people to answer, they arent supposed to, but even if the business name is Trademarked etc, someone has to force them to stop. It's pretty easy to name your business whatever you want.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oh dang those spam calls. Yes, the spammers' ability to spoof caller ID names/numbers, makes number-blocking kind of an exercise in futility. I signed up for Nomorobo, and when it was active it did detect and block a lot of spam calls. I can't remember why I disabled it, but I may reactivate it. 

One little twist in the spammers' repertoire is to spoof the caller ID so the number you see when they call, is the same area code and first three numbers as your own number. For instance, if my number is 412-476-1920 (and it's NONE of those, lol), the caller ID on the spam call will display a number beginning with 412-476, so I see 412-476-xxxx on the ID, and think oh maybe it's somebody local. It's a sneaky little trick. It's sad that the caller ID system and the "do not call" registry are powerless to prevent scam calls. 

@Scarlett45 - it's too bad your godmother's daughter is behaving as she is, and I applaud your sensible attitude toward the situation. Sending good vibes to you, your mom, and Cosmo. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

One little twist in the spammers' repertoire is to spoof the caller ID so the number you see when they call, is the same area code and first three numbers as your own number. For instance, if my number is 412-476-1920 (and it's NONE of those, lol), the caller ID on the spam call will display a number beginning with 412-476, so I see 412-476-xxxx on the ID, and think oh maybe it's somebody local. It's a sneaky little trick. It's sad that the caller ID system and the "do not call" registry are powerless to prevent scam calls. 

YUP I noticed this about 2 yrs ago. I was getting lots of calls from numbers that matched the same first 6 digits of my number, I do answer my phone (most of the time) because I am a lot of people's emergency contact, but if it is actually an emergency or a friend that has lost their phone and needs help, they will leave a message or send me a substantive text.

2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

@Scarlett45 - it's too bad your godmother's daughter is behaving as she is, and I applaud your sensible attitude toward the situation. Sending good vibes to you, your mom, and Cosmo. 

Thank you. I admit I am damn tired of all this. I just want to be in Disney World (which I am not due to visit until November) so until then I am paying for my trip and looking at Loungefly bags I want for my birthday in October. (I already have all of my Mom's bday gifts for her bday next week! I need to just get her a gift bag).

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

My grandparents have gotten spam calls from their own number! 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 10
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

How do these places pirate the phone numbers of legitimate businesses?

 

With easily available software. It's so easy to spoof a number.  I've gotten calls from the electric company number saying my power is going to be shut off for non-payment.  I called the electric company back and told them. They said there's not much they can do. 

  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

@Scarlett45 sorry your godmother’s daughter is disregarding her mother’s wishes. It’s amazing she is ignoring written instructions! But I agree, Karma will prevail. Good to hear your mom and her friends are planning ahead for the live stream. And Cosmo is a sweet guy and you are lucky to have each other.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I've called numbers solicitors left on my phone and received 'hello's' from truly perplexed phone number owners.

Some way scammers are able to use any number they choose.

That's a whole new ballgame!

Me too! I called back the numbers and get actual people who tell me I didn’t call you at all. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Hello small talk friends- I finally have information on end of life services for my godmother, there is going to be an in person service Saturday (to which we are not invited), but my god sister said she will be sending on the link to us if we want to attend remotely. My mom got on the horn, and contacted their social circle and told the elderly persons with limited internet knowledge what they needed to do to see it Saturday morning. Their former office manager (age 86) said "What is a link to a stream? a stream is a body of water!" my Mom explained it as being like live tv of the service, and she said "okay, I will have my son ready to help me and we can watch together."

Guys after all we have been through, I only care about my Mom's feelings, and Cosmo- my godmother is dead. And her daughter has to live with the choices she is making, in completely disregarding her Mother's last wishes (which she PLANNED AND WROTE DOWN over a year ago)- the woman did not want to be buried with her husband and his people, she wanted to be buried with her daughter, left her detailed instructions and resources to accomplish this.

Let's just say karma knows your address. And I say this as someone who doesn't care about funerals and all that- Mom wants to be a tree (she originally wanted to be a diamond, but now she says dont waste the money, I will need it to care for my sister), my sister and I are both going to science.

I care about my Mom (who is getting a lot of support from their social circle, lots of calls and laments, people agree with her), and Cosmo. Cosmo is just fine. His coat is getting shinier with the supplements. He is comforting.

Your priorities are good and you're focusing on the important things.  I'm glad your mother is getting support from her friends and that Cosmo's coat is getting shinier!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

@Scarlett45 I’m so sorry that you’re having to grieve your godmother on your own. Try to be as kind and gentle toward yourself as your godmother would have wanted? I can’t believe that her daughter is disregarding her wishes, but I guess everyone goes a little crazy at times like this and sometimes they make even pretty big mistakes. 
Give Cosmo a hug for me? I’m so happy you have each other. And his happy face makes me think that he’s thriving with you ❤️ You’re saving a life, and doing right by your godmother, and I’m so glad that Cosmo’s love and joy is already a comfort. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The ones I hate are those that supposedly come from places I know. I generally don't answer anything from numbers I don't recognize, but more often lately, my phone shows that it's Hartford Health Care, or something that might send me updates on things I need to know about, then it turns out to be the car warrantee thing, or Becky trying to tell me I could lower the interest rates on my credit cards. How do these places pirate the phone numbers of legitimate businesses?

 

Unfortunately it is wickedly easy to falsify caller ID, especially if calling from a VOIP line.  It's just a matter of telling the computer placing the call what its phone number is, and setting it to something other than what the incoming line actually is. 

However, the good news is that the FCC has mandated that a set of protocols called STIR and SHAKEN be implemented by all telecoms with more than 100k subscribers by June of this year (most have already done the hardware upgrades, it's just a matter of getting the software hand-offs between networks implemented).  The system essentially "signs" caller ID similar to the way a website gets a certificate to verify their identity.  We're starting to see the beginnings of it already with more incoming calls being labeled "spam risk"  but later this year, we should start to see the ability to more easily identify and reject calls with faked caller ID.  The protocol does allow (and not trap) legitimate alterations in the Caller ID information such as when your insurance company calls and they substitute the main switchboard number for the individual extension of the agent calling you. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, rue721 said:

@Scarlett45 I’m so sorry that you’re having to grieve your godmother on your own. Try to be as kind and gentle toward yourself as your godmother would have wanted? I can’t believe that her daughter is disregarding her wishes, but I guess everyone goes a little crazy at times like this and sometimes they make even pretty big mistakes. 
Give Cosmo a hug for me? I’m so happy you have each other. And his happy face makes me think that he’s thriving with you ❤️ You’re saving a life, and doing right by your godmother, and I’m so glad that Cosmo’s love and joy is already a comfort. 

I am not on my own, I have my Mom! 🙂 If there were no covid restrictions she would be more upset about this, because there are many people who would come to the funeral from all over the country, but since it cannot be a huge grand event, she is fine mourning at home and lamenting via speaker phone when people call her. 

I think he is thriving with me too. I love him so much! I have been taking so many pictures of him. Here he is snoozing.

 

His day during the work week goes, potty break, breakfast and supplements (joint//skin & coat), morning walk, nap, afternoon walk, nap, getting thrown out of the office for being needy, post work walk, dinner, dancing around and following me from room to room, last potty break, plopping down next to my bed and sometime during the night he goes to his own bed.

image.thumb.png.4c3694f1239fa943827c19462636d377.png

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

5 walks a day? @Scarlett45

3 actual walks, and two potty breaks, so first thing in the morning and last thing at night we just go into the yard to use the bathroom.

 

Since I am home, I figure "why not". In the instances where I have had to be gone to deal with things (like visiting my great aunt in the hospital or dealing with my god mother's care)I have been gone from about 9-4 or so, and I walk him right before I leave, and right when I get back. He is fine with that. So he is going out for a chance to use the restroom between 3-5x a day depending on whats going on during the day.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

3 actual walks, and two potty breaks, so first thing in the morning and last thing at night we just go into the yard to use the bathroom.

 

Since I am home, I figure "why not". In the instances where I have had to be gone to deal with things (like visiting my great aunt in the hospital or dealing with my god mother's care)I have been gone from about 9-4 or so, and I walk him right before I leave, and right when I get back. He is fine with that.

It seems that you and Cosmo are mutually blessed to have created your partnership.  I'm sure your Godmother is loving that.  🙂

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Just wait another couple months and your phone will have nothing but pictures of Comso @Scarlett45. My grown children are a tiny bit jealous of all the Ozzie photos on my phone, lol.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

OMG. I know I have talked about this before, but there is a local news anchor that reminds me of Lauren (@doodlebug, you know her!) Well, I was watching her today during the 5:00 newscast. Um... did she buy earrings from the NotNurie Collection???

B213ECE1-28F1-45EB-9548-8CBD4F382EC5.jpeg

  • Laugh 20

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Just wait another couple months and your phone will have nothing but pictures of Comso @Scarlett45. My grown children are a tiny bit jealous of all the Ozzie photos on my phone, lol.

I still take plenty of photos of Blake, but the angle is weird because he always is on my lap.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Hello small talk friends- I finally have information on end of life services for my godmother, there is going to be an in person service Saturday (to which we are not invited), but my god sister said she will be sending on the link to us if we want to attend remotely. My mom got on the horn, and contacted their social circle and told the elderly persons with limited internet knowledge what they needed to do to see it Saturday morning. Their former office manager (age 86) said "What is a link to a stream? a stream is a body of water!" my Mom explained it as being like live tv of the service, and she said "okay, I will have my son ready to help me and we can watch together."

Guys after all we have been through, I only care about my Mom's feelings, and Cosmo- my godmother is dead. And her daughter has to live with the choices she is making, in completely disregarding her Mother's last wishes (which she PLANNED AND WROTE DOWN over a year ago)- the woman did not want to be buried with her husband and his people, she wanted to be buried with her daughter, left her detailed instructions and resources to accomplish this.

Let's just say karma knows your address. And I say this as someone who doesn't care about funerals and all that- Mom wants to be a tree (she originally wanted to be a diamond, but now she says dont waste the money, I will need it to care for my sister), my sister and I are both going to science.

I care about my Mom (who is getting a lot of support from their social circle, lots of calls and laments, people agree with her), and Cosmo. Cosmo is just fine. His coat is getting shinier with the supplements. He is comforting.

I am so sorry to hear this.  Adds a layer of misery.  But I'm glad you have Cosmo and yes, Karma's a bitch.  Am I allowed to say it?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

OMG. I know I have talked about this before, but there is a local news anchor that reminds me of Lauren (@doodlebug, you know her!) Well, I was watching her today during the 5:00 newscast. Um... did she buy earrings from the NotNurie Collection???

B213ECE1-28F1-45EB-9548-8CBD4F382EC5.jpeg

Her name is Laura Caso and, I agree, she does resemble Lauren.  Much smarter and with a better personality though.  That cannot be  a Notnurie creation though; it is too symmetrical.

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Zella said:

My grandparents have gotten spam calls from their own number! 

So do I!!!

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

OMG. I know I have talked about this before, but there is a local news anchor that reminds me of Lauren (@doodlebug, you know her!) Well, I was watching her today during the 5:00 newscast. Um... did she buy earrings from the NotNurie Collection???

B213ECE1-28F1-45EB-9548-8CBD4F382EC5.jpeg

Yes she does look like an older, fuller faced Lauren. I think Lauren is one of the prettiest in-laws, followed by Kendra who is “cute”. Kendra will keep her baby face forever. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

Breaking news: A tiny human found a class pet for our happy hybrid community today...it’s an acorn. It has a name....Pickle...our class pet is an acorn AND it’s name is Pickle....now back to all you folks in the normal adult world. 

I'd just "like" this, since the default is a heart, but I love this more than that. Just saying. I hope that Pickle grows into a mighty oak, and how cool if anyone here could be around long enough to see it!!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'd just "like" this, since the default is a heart, but I love this more than that. Just saying. I hope that Pickle grows into a mighty oak, and how cool if anyone here could be around long enough to see it!!

Right now, he's snoozing on my desk. 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

If y'all could spare some prayers or good thoughts for my best friend tonight, I would appreciate it. Her dad has been moved to hospice today and it looks like he's nearing the end. He had a stroke last year and has been in a rehab center ever since, with no visitors allowed until recently. My friend, her sister, and his other family were finally able to visit him this week. We think he was hanging on just to see everyone one last time as he started going downhill just days after their visits. Their mom passed from cancer almost 20 years ago when we were younger. It's hard for me because she's on the east coast so I can't be there in person.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 19

Share this post


Link to post

I keep having nightmares/night terrors. I cannot sleep more than 2 hours at a time. My head is about to explode/dizzy etc. we humans do need sleep. 

  • Sad 11

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size