Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

@rue721 just curious, what kind of dog is Portia? 

I feel depressed. A few days ago I saw that Fenna had a doggie bed inside and a crate and was hopeful. But Jill seems to give up so easily. 

Portia is a scent hound, I think probably a harrier. They’re a pretty rare breed, but she was found in rural central Virginia, where there’s still a lot of dog hunting — including a couple registered harrier packs. I suspect what happened is that she didn’t take to hunting, so her owners bred her and then dumped her. When I got her, she wasn’t housebroken, had zero commands, had many parasites (including heartworm), and honestly didn’t seem like she had ever been an indoor dog before. Or an only dog before (very, very lonely and needy).

She’s very intelligent and has great good social skills and a wonderful disposition, so she has taken well to life as a spoiled little city girl! But it was a tough transition, especially since we had to go through her getting spayed, heartworm treatment, housebreaking, etc, all right from jump.

(I wish I could flip this photo the right way 🤦🏻‍♀️ If anyone knows how, please let me know!)

D80C9A4A-C174-4B74-A3DE-180EE5FC7BAD.thumb.jpeg.c653aba584d354c9e85848c4a287e504.jpeg

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Portia is a scent hound, I think probably a harrier. They’re a pretty rare breed, but she was found in rural central Virginia, where there’s still a lot of dog hunting — including a couple registered harrier packs. I suspect what happened is that she didn’t take to hunting, so her owners bred her and then dumped her. When I got her, she wasn’t housebroken, had zero commands, had many parasites (including heartworm), and honestly didn’t seem like she had ever been an indoor dog before. Or an only dog before (very, very lonely and needy).

She’s very intelligent and has great good social skills and a wonderful disposition, so she has taken well to life as a spoiled little city girl! But it was a tough transition, especially since we had to go through her getting spayed, heartworm treatment, housebreaking, etc, all right from jump.

(I wish I could flip this photo the right way 🤦🏻‍♀️ If anyone knows how, please let me know!)

D80C9A4A-C174-4B74-A3DE-180EE5FC7BAD.thumb.jpeg.c653aba584d354c9e85848c4a287e504.jpeg

She is adorable! Has a very sweet face but looks like she puts up with no shit, if that makes sense, lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

She is adorable! Has a very sweet face but looks like she puts up with no shit, if that makes sense, lol.

Hahaha yeah, that’s her to a T. Soft heart, iron will 😂 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Poor stupid man.

I loved Anthony Bourdain so much!  I watched every episode of every season of Parts Unknown so many times.  I also loved his The Layover series.  Such a waste and his poor daughter.

• Love 10

My daughter had a pit bull who was the sweetest girl ever. When I went up to visit she would let grandkids get a few snuggles & then she jump on my lap for her snuggles. Unfortunately, the adults in the house didn't want to get up and let her out so when she kept using the floor as a bathroom they rehomed her. If I had a house with a big yard I would have taken her. I think I miss her more than they do.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Here you go, a real cutie!

52461FDB-84C2-40F6-8A41-2D086FA0CC04.jpeg

F8A97255-E4B7-484E-AEE4-610404CD67C7.jpeg

rue721, she is gorgeous! And has a fierce side eye, I love it. She would probably roll her eyes over my pit mix, who is a perfect combination of s***, speed, and ridiculousness. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, rue721 said:

She is so cute! I love her red sweater! I have always liked dogs but I am learning so much more about thing taking care of Cosmo. Yesterday I learned that he didnt know the world "basement" but he obviously knows the word "down". I was trying to get him to go down the backyard basement steps from his morning potty break and I kept saying "lets go to the basement", and the was standing at the gate, when I pulled on his leash he then walked UP the back stairs back towards my unit.....I then realized "basement" would mean nothing to him and said "lets go DOWN" and down the stairs he went!

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)

Congratulations on the weight loss, @Scarlett45. You go!!

Over in the Dillards topic people are talking about dogs and I appreciate the discussion about crate training. I always felt like a failure because I could *not* get my little dog Jasper to sleep in his crate at night. He was a sweetie (a Shih Tzu), a mellow, not-barky, friendly little guy. But he just hated being confined in a crate. I always felt guilty that I'd finally given up on trying to make him use his crate. But now that I'm reading how other dogs have hated crates I don't feel so bad. 

When I first got Jasper he was a puppy and I set up the hall bathroom in my condo as the space where he was "confined" when I wasn't home. I got a baby gate which was securely fastened across the (open) door. He put up with it but didn't like it much, and eventually when I was sure he knew the house rules I just let him have the run of the condo when I wasn't here, and it all went fine. The funny thing though is that he always hated that bathroom for the rest of the nearly 12 years that he lived here, lol. It's not the one I use every day, so in theory the "guest" bathroom should be fairly tidy. It's not a big room, and I would get a new area rug for the floor occasionally. Which Jasper would delight in peeing on and/or chewing on and/or digging at with his front feet till he'd pulled out some of the fibers.

Dang, it's been 15 months at least since he died and I still miss that little stinker sometimes. 

Edited by Jeeves
I can not manage parentheses today
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Congratulations on the weight loss, @Scarlett45. You go!!

Over in the Dillards topic people are talking about dogs and I appreciate the discussion about crate training. I always felt like a failure because I could *not* get my little dog Jasper to sleep in his crate at night. He was a sweetie (a Shih Tzu), a mellow, not-barky, friendly little guy. But he just hated being confined in a crate. I always felt guilty that I'd finally given up on trying to make him use his crate. But now that I'm reading how other dogs have hated crates I don't feel so bad. 

When I first got Jasper he was a puppy and I set up the hall bathroom in my condo as the space where he was "confined" when I wasn't home. I got a baby gate which was securely fastened across the (open) door. He put up with it but didn't like it much, and eventually when I was sure he knew the house rules I just let him have the run of the condo when I wasn't here, and it all went fine. The funny thing though is that he always hated that bathroom for the rest of the nearly 12 years that he lived here, lol. It's not the one I use every day, so in theory the "guest" bathroom should be fairly tidy. It's not a big room, and I would get a new area rug for the floor occasionally. Which Jasper would delight in peeing on and/or chewing on and/or digging at with his front feet till he'd pulled out some of the fibers.

Dang, it's been 15 months at least since he died and I still miss that little stinker sometimes. 

Jasper sounds like such a sweet boy. Of course you miss him. Have you thought about adopting another dog?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jasper sounds like such a sweet boy. Of course you miss him. Have you thought about adopting another dog?

Aw, thanks. I've decided against another dog for a few reasons. First is my age and the fact that living in this condo means I have to take a dog out for a walk at least 3 (or more) times a day. Doing that in icy winter conditions is just not on for me anymore. I don't have osteoporosis, but my bones aren't what they used to be and I'd prefer not to fall down and break something. If I had a house with a yard that winter thing wouldn't be such an issue.

Also, honestly, is the cost. Jasper's vet bills ended up being huge especially the last year or so of his life. I don't regret that I got him really good vet care but I'm not up for that kind of thing again.

And, with any luck, I want to do more traveling. Including extended road trips. Some people can travel solo with a dog but I've tried it and it just didn't work well. So I would have to pay to board the dog and that is EXPENSIVE. And, no there isn't a friend or relative with whom I could or would leave the dog while I was gone. And it's not just the expense, it's being away from your bonded little buddy that is hard on both of you. 

Finally, at age 72 I don't like the idea that a dog might outlive me and end up homeless and euthanized. 

Some of that may sound brutal but I prefer to think it's just realistic. 

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Aw, thanks. I've decided against another dog for a few reasons. First is my age and the fact that living in this condo means I have to take a dog out for a walk at least 3 (or more) times a day. Doing that in icy winter conditions is just not on for me anymore. I don't have osteoporosis, but my bones aren't what they used to be and I'd prefer not to fall down and break something. If I had a house with a yard that winter thing wouldn't be such an issue.

Also, honestly, is the cost. Jasper's vet bills ended up being huge especially the last year or so of his life. I don't regret that I got him really good vet care but I'm not up for that kind of thing again.

And, with any luck, I want to do more traveling. Including extended road trips. Some people can travel solo with a dog but I've tried it and it just didn't work well. So I would have to pay to board the dog and that is EXPENSIVE. And, no there isn't a friend or relative with whom I could or would leave the dog while I was gone. And it's not just the expense, it's being away from your bonded little buddy that is hard on both of you. 

Finally, at age 72 I don't like the idea that a dog might outlive me and end up homeless and euthanized. 

No it doesn't sound brutal at all. I understand. 

• Love 6

Congratulations on the weigh loss, @Scarlett45

Way to go!! 

@rue721 such an adorable dog!

With regard to crate training, our doxies love their crate. We've got a big one, so they've got plenty of room. It's their place, and the door is open all the time, unless we're bringing in groceries, or have someone coming in to do something like fixing the plumbing or something. We taught the kids that that's their "room" and to leave them alone when they're in there. They love it, and spend time in there every day. Pic of the dogs and their crate in the background. 

Finally Friday. First whole week back to in person learning. As much as I love being back in the classroom with my tiny humans, I do miss being home in some ways too.  But it's been much nicer for the most part. Have a great day everyone! ❤️

FB_IMG_1614953829080.jpg

• Love 15
(edited)

Long ago my dog Ginger (hence my name here 😁) had an extra large crate like that . She used it as her room with the door removed. 

ETA: I have to share this picture now, it’s from 2010. Ginger with my grandson:

BAC5BD5E-1ADF-4B8F-924C-2C357391252F.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I fully understand all of your reasons for not getting another dog and feel I will be facing that same decision sooner rather than later. I have had 5 dachshunds in my adult life, all but one adopted as puppies. My current dog is 15 and beginning to decline.  It is hard to imagine life without a dog (for me, a dachshund). It is not a decision that has to be made today, but one I think about.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

This. It’s a real consideration, sadly. After much thought, this next puppy this fall will be our last puppy and possibly our last dog. I will be 63 this month, but Mr. Wiser is in his mid-seventies. A Golden’s life span is 10-13 years, so...

I hate to think about life without a dog. I know my sister and her kids would take in a dog of mine if needed, but they’re a long way from here and they have busy lives, at least for now.

I have thought about fostering at that point, maybe? So there would always be a Plan B for any pet in my care. 

It’s one of fate’s grim jokes that we older people have the time to be home with a dog and are best suited to smaller breeds, yet small dogs live the longest and older people...we can’t really count on that for ourselves.

My, I’m just a ray of happy sunshine and “positivity”* this morning, aren’t I...🙃

* A term I absolutely loathe and reserve my curmudgeonly right to continue hating.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Good morning small talk friends. 

Update on my weightloss. I am currently 26.8lbs down in 20 weeks! I dont feel any differently (yet) but I have noticed I have more room in the front of a certain pair of highwaisted leggings, and my chest area is more bony. Not my breasts (those bad girls are still 44 inches, I measured) but the area between my neck and my bust is dipped, and my collar bones are jutting out more (even in a sweatshirt I noticed this). Another 10 weeks is May 14th- so I am shooting for another 15lbs. I think it will be easier as the weather warms up and I can be outside more. Yes of course I would prefer closer to 2lbs per week, but I cannot complain, burning calories is hard, and I do have a sedentary job. The friend I joined WW with dropped off, but the program is working for me. I am not hungry, but I admit I am not eating as much as I would like.

good for you! i started back on WW this week. i have far to go - believe me. i don't exercise beyond walking around target or walmart occasionally to get groceries -- i cant breath well enough to walk any distance without a cart. i am not ready to get a walker yet either.  my plan is to start s-l-o-w-l-y and walk to the corner (about two houses away) and then increase a bit every few days.  interestingly, i am only overweight in my belly and my chin/neck area. the rest of me is skinny. i am 100% sure its a combo of my lifelong need for prednisone and lack of hormones  (aka menopause of the remaining ovary after very early hysterectomy).  my diet is reasonably healthy although i do like sweets. i just tell myself  'baby steps....you will get there.'

• Love 11

Speaking of dogs, I felt so terrible for my little guy this morning...He's a little Papillion, 12 years old, and starting to get pretty run down. Anyway, when he goes out, he has a tendency, sometimes to wander around in the yard for an eternity trying to decide on the perfect spot to "go". And when it's really chilly in the morning, you don't exactly want to be out there on the deck waiting for him to do his business, so occasionally you turn around and don't get back to him immediately. Anyway, Mr. Jyn let him out this morning before I was up (he tends to get up much earlier than I do), and evidently got distracted by something in the house, and totally forgot about him. I got up shortly before 8:00, got my coffee, and went back upstairs for some morning computer time. About an hour later, Mr. Jyn came up to ask me if I had let the dog out, and I said, no, I hadn't even seen him, and assumed he was still sleeping (as he often is at that hour).  Turns out the poor little beast was out there sitting on the deck for over 3 hours in weather well below freezing, with a wind chill of I don't even know what! He seems to be fine - he actually has a really good tolerance for cold and seems to prefer wandering out in freezing weather for longer than he does any other time of year, but that can't have been good for him! He could have easily frozen to death! I was not happy.🥶😨😥

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Yikes, Jyn. That’s scary. My Nervous Dog is starting to show some signs of dementia and I could see him doing the same thing. So glad your boy is okay!

My beagle-lab mix is turning 16 in a month.  He's pretty spry and loves his food, but he's started to have accidents in the condo.  I can't have him peeing in the common areas (hallway, lobby, elevators) so I got him a belly band.  We found he can walk all the way outside, if we hold a treat in front of his nose.  Gotta love the trainable lab in him.  It's hard with older dogs, but they are just precious beings.  I've wondered if he has dementia because he can hold it over night but then he has accidents like after three hours of not going out.  STrange.

• Love 3

@hathorlive said (in the Jill & Derick thread)

I dog sat for a Samoyed and called the owner in a panic because the dog was sleeping outside in the snow.  Heat can be oppressive for these breeds. Some dogs like being outside in their yard and not confined.  I'm  hoping Jill figures things out.  It seems like from her new videos that the dog is doing well and that training is going well.  Derrick had the dog doing "sit, lay downs" and she was on it, even with the kids running around.  She's a smart dog/breed.  I would love to tell Jill if she wants a quiet night time dog, put her in bed with Izzy and she'll sleep through the night like a pro.

This also makes me think of my Papillion...They do have some sled-dog ancestry (which you can see in their shape), and I wonder whether that's why he does seem to have this instinctive liking for cold weather. But unlike these arctic breeds, they do not have an undercoat, so it's hard to imagine that they would find it pleasant.

• Useful 3
6 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

My beagle-lab mix is turning 16 in a month.  He's pretty spry and loves his food, but he's started to have accidents in the condo.  I can't have him peeing in the common areas (hallway, lobby, elevators) so I got him a belly band.  We found he can walk all the way outside, if we hold a treat in front of his nose.  Gotta love the trainable lab in him.  It's hard with older dogs, but they are just precious beings.  I've wondered if he has dementia because he can hold it over night but then he has accidents like after three hours of not going out.  STrange.

Dogs produce a hormone I can’t remember the name of right now* when they’re asleep at night that suppresses urine production...which is a wonderful thing because otherwise with my dogs I would be outside with them every three hours all-night long.

The hormone levels drop during the day, so they need to go more often. There is a medication called Anipryl that seemed to really help some of the older dementia dogs with cognition and accidents...I’m thinking about looking into it for Nervous Dog.

* Vasopressin. Hooray, another of my fading brain cells heard from!

11 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

@hathorlive said (in the Jill & Derick thread)

This also makes me think of my Papillion...They do have some sled-dog ancestry (which you can see in their shape), and I wonder whether that's why he does seem to have this instinctive liking for cold weather. But unlike these arctic breeds, they do not have an undercoat, so it's hard to imagine that they would find it pleasant.

I had no idea Papillons had sled dog ancestry! I will go look that up. 
I learn the most interesting things on this forum!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

good for you! i started back on WW this week. i have far to go - believe me. i don't exercise beyond walking around target or walmart occasionally to get groceries -- i cant breath well enough to walk any distance without a cart. i am not ready to get a walker yet either.  my plan is to start s-l-o-w-l-y and walk to the corner (about two houses away) and then increase a bit every few days.  interestingly, i am only overweight in my belly and my chin/neck area. the rest of me is skinny. i am 100% sure its a combo of my lifelong need for prednisone and lack of hormones  (aka menopause of the remaining ovary after very early hysterectomy).  my diet is reasonably healthy although i do like sweets. i just tell myself  'baby steps....you will get there.'

Good luck!  I LOVE sweets as well, but I only tend to like homemade things and too much sugar mid day makes me sleepy sitting at the computer all day, so I rarely have sweets because I just dont feel like baking from scratch to have one or two. WFH makes it so much easier to control your diet because if you dont bring it in the house you arent tempted by it. (at least its that way for me)

• Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, Jeeves said:

You're probably still young enough to outlast a dog especially a not puppy shelter dog.  It's what I wanted my parents who were older than you to do.  They were safe to get another puppy though because they knew they could count on/impose on me to take the dog when they got too old.  He's snoring away on the sofa - been with me almost six years now.  I do think it's a kindness to put the dog's welfare first though.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 10
51 minutes ago, Absolom said:

You're probably still young enough to outlast a dog especially a not puppy shelter dog.  It's what I wanted my parents who were older than you to do.  They were safe to get another puppy though because they knew they count on/impose on me to take the dog when they got too old.  He's snoring away on the sofa - been with me almost six years now.  I do think it's a kindness to put the dog's welfare first though.  

I'd add to this that you can also look into adopting a senior dog. In San Francisco, we have Muttville that has the sweetest videos on YouTube (and TV commercials - which of course, I can't find). If I ever have a capacity for a dog, I know that Muttville is where I'm going.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I'd add to this that you can also look into adopting a senior dog. In San Francisco, we have Muttville that has the sweetest videos on YouTube (and TV commercials - which of course, I can't find). If I ever have a capacity for a dog, I know that Muttville is where I'm going.

This goes double for cats...I think I've mentioned Cora (who is on my avatar). We actually got her off Craigslist, and the people rehoming her sort of tried to pretend they didn't know exactly how old she was - they said maybe 7 or so...and we took her even though we were hoping more for a 3-4 year old cat. But they did have a bunch of old paperwork for her which indicated that #1, she was about 10 years old, and #2, we were her third home, not counting the two rescues she had been at. Our vet confirmed that the age was about right, but we can never figure out who would ever have given her up, because she is literally the best cat ever, Whatever her previous homes were, she was obviously treated well, as she has no trace of fearfulness or insecurity (other than in her first couple of days with us, which is pretty typical). She loves, loves, LOVES people. And after about five more years here, she still behaves like a far younger cat.

All we can figure is that maybe she was adopted in impulse in the past because she is just so beautiful, by people who later decided that their lives just didn't accommodate a cat. I will say that if she was in a home where everyone was gone during the day, she might well have demanded her cuddles all night.

At any rate, she's the most comfortable cat that ever was about now.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

@Jynnan tonnix is that the breed?

Its so cold today your poor little pal. He didn’t bark? Hope he doesn’t get sick.

94CA462A-F7C0-4724-B325-D92F48FF52C1.jpeg

I don't know whether he barked...he's not a big barker, and if I was upstairs and at that time of day, both Mr Jyn and I are likely to be catching up on news and such, with earphones on our computers. Any other time of day we'd be far more likely to hear him. 

He has a few more miles on him than the dog in that photo, though he could have easily competed with him in his prime. He was actually the pick of the litter to go into the show ring, but had his show career ended due to an undescended testicle. I have a ton of photos of him from when he was younger, but this is the most recent one at the moment. 

15392888_10154679153807778_2402468645648870728_o.jpg

• Love 19
17 minutes ago, emma675 said:

The curse of so many male models. Careers over before they even had a chance. 😉

17 minutes ago, emma675 said:

The curse of so many male models. Careers over before they even had a chance. 😉

And Justin Duggar 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 10

I’m in shock. I just heard a terrible crashing. I was in my room, but started to light up the house like a Christmas tree to see what happened. My living room window shattered! I first thought a mirror had come down off the wall. Then I got scared thinking a robber broke in. I did a systematic room check and then spotted the broken glass on my living room floor. My heart rate jumped! Funny thing is my cat Squeaky was on the couch and sat there through the whole thing. I suspected she is having hearing loss, but that confirmed it. If I was her I’d have been off running. It was really loud. 

(edited)

Yikes, @Mindthinkr!! Are you all right? 

@Jynnan tonnix, your dog is so cute! Then and now. 

Actually, the possibility of outliving a dog isn't my most important reason for not getting another dog. It's way down below the logistics of having a dog in a condo (several daily walks year round including in icy winter weather), the expense, and the complications involved with having a dog and traveling. My hat's off to all you compassionate warm-hearted animal lovers who have adopted rescues, and fostered dogs or cats, and wound up providing loving homes to pets who survive your parents. ❤️

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12

I am fine. It’s funny the things that go through your mind. My heartbeat is just now back to normal. I’ll clean the mess in the morning. It’s dark and I won’t see everything as well.  I’ll call a glass or window place tomorrow for a replacement. Does homeowners insurance cover things like this or if they do, then do my rates go up to the point where it’s better just to dig deep in my pocketbook? I can’t believe Squeaky. She was nearby on the couch and never moved. BB rushed off my bed and went under it. It was very loud and lasted 10-15 seconds. I have suspected that she has hearing loss (she will be 18 in October) and that confirmed it. The whole incident was weird. I can’t imagine what prompted it. 

• Love 7
(edited)

@Jeeves have you thought about dog sitting for one of your neighbors or friends? My parents dog sit for me two days a week, which they love because they get the fun of having a dog who knows and loves them, but then they can just give her back at dinner time 😂 I also have a coworker who has an arrangement like that with a neighbor and it seems to have been going well. I also live in a high rise and hear you on the difficulty of having a dog in this kind of building, though. It does get frustrating.

@Mindthinkr so glad you’re OK! I can see why you’re shaken, that’s pretty terrifying and strange.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 9
(edited)

Find out what it’s going to cost...it may be less than your deductible, in which case it’s out of pocket either way. Hopefully it’s just the glass that needs replacing.

Any seismic activity near you?

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 9

@rue721, I may explore options to get doggie snuggles as time goes on. For now I'm fine as is. I'll be wrapping up this 14 month (!) temporary assignment at the end of this month. The job has kept me blessedly busy here at home and helped me get through the pandemic so far without losing too much of my mind. And the money's nice too. Once the temp job's done I plan to be footloose and fancy free for awhile, once more a retired person. 🙂

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Any seismic activity near you?

None, that would have caused the explosion. The glass might have had a slow leak in the vacuum, and boom..when it gave way. I thought perhaps a bird could have been disoriented, but I can’t investigate the outside glass until it’s daylight to make sure that the second outside layer is pristine. 
All of this also makes me feel vulnerable. What if it was a robber?

No, I will not get a gun. I’m actually good with one, but only fired in practice situations with targets. Personal choice. 
Most of my family has concealed carry licenses. (Not Texas) Actually (exempting underage) I might be the only one. 

• Love 8

If the window is tempered glass, if something had hit the outside pane hard enough to break the inside, the whole thing would have shattered. So it’s probably a defective piece of glass rather than someone trying to break in or even a bird. It’s late there, right? So also probably not a bird.

I hope you can get someone out there first thing tomorrow....be careful, yes? Don’t go near that thing without glasses, shoes and long pants and sleeves.

Yikes! You poor thing...

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

@Mindthinkr is there a rock or something on the floor somewhere? Maybe someone threw a rock thru your window. Are you safe tonight with a shattered window? Is there someone who can help you secure the window? Glad you're ok. 

I’m ok. The outer panel is still intact to my eye. I’ll investigate more in the morning. I am safe thank you. 
I think it was just one of those unnerving unexpected things. 

• Love 8

Mindthinkr, I'm glad everything is okay! Take pictures in the morning in case you decide to file an insurance claim. I have double paned windows and had a few where the seal cracked over the years (no shattering but they became cloudy), it wasn't too expensive to get new glass and I had to replace 10 different panes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6