Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Day 20 of my challenge. Took myself to a near by park as it’s unseasonably warm in Chicago-land. Told a friend that lives nearby where I was going and checked in on my Mom’s unit via the cameras (they are sleeping now). 

Going to help my mom shower and get ready for the day, make her breakfast and then deal with my sister. Episodes of the Mandolorian await me after that. 

And my mom is still sleeping & I don’t have the heart to wake her. Going to make myself some tea. 

I just want to say how much I admire you for keeping up with your fitness routine, all while caring for your mother and sister.  Amazing!

• Love 16

It's a good day to be alive. The weather is beautiful, the news is good, and college football is on. Plus, the NBA announced dates for the next season this week (I became a big fan of multiple teams in the Bubble and I miss it). 

• Love 17
42 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I just want to say how much I admire you for keeping up with your fitness routine, all while caring for your mother and sister.  Amazing!

You’re so sweet. I have to do something for myself or I’m going to go nuts. I have to make it though this winter, and exercise is better than emotional eating or shopping no?🤣

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, zoomama said:

hi friends, i have news. after a 20 year search and after learning tons about DNA relationships and all the different ways to search for records, i am happy to share that yesterday i finally solved the mystery of who my mothers birth parents were.   i had solved and met her mothers side years ago but the fathers side was VERY difficult to figure out.  it took the help of a sweet lady in utah to walk me though the steps of research and percentages and calculating and learning new stuff. but yesterday the stars aligned and i have a full complete family tree now. this is huge! my search  was in response to a promise i made my mother when she passed in 1999. i did it! i honored her wishes!!!!   YAY!!!!!!  i am so proud of myself. 

I’m so glad!!! That’s wonderful. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

hi friends, i have news. after a 20 year search and after learning tons about DNA relationships and all the different ways to search for records, i am happy to share that yesterday i finally solved the mystery of who my mothers birth parents were.   i had solved and met her mothers side years ago but the fathers side was VERY difficult to figure out.  it took the help of a sweet lady in utah to walk me though the steps of research and percentages and calculating and learning new stuff. but yesterday the stars aligned and i have a full complete family tree now. this is huge! my search  was in response to a promise i made my mother when she passed in 1999. i did it! i honored her wishes!!!!   YAY!!!!!!  i am so proud of myself. 

That's awesome! 🙂 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Day 20 of my challenge. Took myself to a near by park as it’s unseasonably warm in Chicago-land. Told a friend that lives nearby where I was going and checked in on my Mom’s unit via the cameras (they are sleeping now). 

Going to help my mom shower and get ready for the day, make her breakfast and then deal with my sister. Episodes of the Mandolorian await me after that. 

And my mom is still sleeping & I don’t have the heart to wake her. Going to make myself some tea. 

@Scarlett45, I am in awe of you! And I am very proud of you! Great job!

• Love 4

We had a beautiful day here in NC.  I did a bit of yardwork and finished a book.  I could not decide how to commemorate today though.  It was a toss up between ice cream or bubbly.  Alcohol won and I'm nursing a bottle of prosecco.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

We had a beautiful day here in NC.  I did a bit of yardwork and finished a book.  I could not decide how to commemorate today though.  It was a toss up between ice cream or bubbly.  Alcohol won and I'm nursing a bottle of prosecco.

Why not both? (I will always gild the lily.)

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

Sweet son died late yesterday afternoon. On Wednesday I was sitting next to him And he asked his brother by name to put socks on him. Brother and family had tickets to come from PNW on Thursday night to get here Friday morning. I quickly got them On phone and sweet son asked when they were coming. So other son switched all their tickets and they literally got on the next flight out and got here late Wednesday. We all got in bed with sweet son and he was able To talk to all of them and asked for a kiss. We didn’t know if he would wake up. Next morning he was disappointed he was still alive but the family came Over early and we all spent the day with him. Again later in the day he woke up and said goodbye to all of us again. And woke  again Friday morning. Other son told Him he would take care of me which daughter in law thought important. We all had been telling him we would be okay and to go when he needed to. He said he didn’t mind dying but didn’t want to be gone. He felt Worse and worse but not exactly in pain. Hospice helped his husband with the Morphine. At one point we could see a change and called the hospice nurse who told us the end was near and gave meds instructions. We were all with him holding him And telling him it was okay and we love him. It really was peaceful. We stayed there with him until The hospice nurse came to confirm. Then funeral Home. If it weren’t so awful it would be beautiful because it was peaceful and he was surrounded by all his favorite people telling stories about him. Son in law is a saint. He took the best loving care of sweet son.  We are broken hearted beyond belief. It is a Particular cruelty to help a child die no matter how old. 
Thank you all for the kind words and support. It is greatly appreciated. I haven’t kept up recently but will need the distraction soon. 

5 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Sweet son died late yesterday afternoon. On Wednesday I was sitting next to him And he asked his brother by name to put socks on him. Brother and family had tickets to come from PNW on Thursday night to get here Friday morning. I quickly got them On phone and sweet son asked when they were coming. So other son switched all their tickets and they literally got on the next flight out and got here late Wednesday. We all got in bed with sweet son and he was able To talk to all of them and asked for a kiss. We didn’t know if he would wake up. Next morning he was disappointed he was still alive but the family came Over early and we all spent the day with him. Again later in the day he woke up and said goodbye to all of us again. And woke  again Friday morning. Other son told Him he would take care of me which daughter in law thought important. We all had been telling him we would be okay and to go when he needed to. He said he didn’t mind dying but didn’t want to be gone. He felt Worse and worse but not exactly in pain. Hospice helped his husband with the Morphine. At one point we could see a change and called the hospice nurse who told us the end was near and gave meds instructions. We were all with him holding him And telling him it was okay and we love him. It really was peaceful. We stayed there with him until The hospice nurse came to confirm. Then funeral Home. If it weren’t so awful it would be beautiful because it was peaceful and he was surrounded by all his favorite people telling stories about him. Son in law is a saint. He took the best loving care of sweet son.  We are broken hearted beyond belief. It is a Particular cruelty to help a child die no matter how old. 
Thank you all for the kind words and support. It is greatly appreciated. I haven’t kept up recently but will need the distraction soon. 

I'm so sorry, @lookeyloo. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I am so happy that you were all able to be there at the end with him and that it was peaceful. If you need anything, please let us know! *hugs* 

• Love 15

Lookeyloo, there are no words. I'm so glad your sweet son was surrounded by family and love in his final moments and transitioned peacefully. I pray for peace and comfort and love for you and your family in the days to come. We'll be here for you.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Oh @lookeyloo ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ That sounds excruciating yet heart achingly beautiful. You have been in my thoughts ever since his diagnosis, and you will continue to be. Sending you comfort and peace

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I drank a whole bottle of champagne, listened to music, and cried. For joy!

• Love 13

@lookeyloo I'm so sorry for your loss. May his memory be a blessing. Maybe it's a comfort to know he's no longer in pain and suffering? I believe in the afterlife and I believe he is in a good place in the next world. I know how much you loved him and he knew it too. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 11

I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your son, I hope the memories of your son can help you through this difficult time. I can’t imagine your pain Lookkeyloo. I hope you can feel peace and your heart can begin to heal . 🌟🌺❤️

• Love 10

I am so very sorry @lookeyloo at the passing of Sweet son. My deepest sympathy to you, Sweet son's husband and all of your family. It is truly heartbreaking, but it was also beautiful that he was surrounded by everyone that loved him so very much. I know he felt every ounce of that love around him. May you, Sweet son' s husband and your entire family find peace in knowing he is no longer in pain. Sending all the virtual hugs to all of you. ❤️

• Love 9

@lookeyloo and family:  lots of hugs and prayers and thoughts for you and everyone that cared about and loved sweet son.  I am so glad that Brother and family were able to be there to send him on his journey.  
“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy”.(lessonslearnedinlife.com)

Lookeyloo and family:  when I look at the night sky tonight, I will see Sweet Son’s star shining brightest of all, and know how much he loved all of you....

• Love 12