Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

Whenever Ozziegirl visits from the UK where apparently they don’t have 90 days on TV, we have a marathon watch. And Angela is everything that’s unattractive about Americans. But it’s like a train wreck, you can’t not watch.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Well, I can't believe that I did it again!  These clearance clothes are just very tricky.  I posted about the great shirt that surprised me with the motto on front about drinking wine all day.  I don't like that at all, though, I do enjoy wine.  NOW, the latest item arrived, only this was a pair of lounge pants for my cousin who is disabled in Memory Care.  The pants looked comfortable and were in her size.  Wouldn't you know it they also have Kendall + Kylie written on the leg!  There aren't many television people that I dislike much more than Kardashian and Jenners.  OMG.  I detest them!  Don't get me started.  I'm giving them to her anyway though.  She's in bed most of the time and won't know the difference.  I think I'm done with ordering for a while.  lol  

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Now to get the full effect, you should post a picture of Angela with her cigarettes and her money stuffed in her cleavage. 

Happy to oblige!!!  HORRORS, I have pics of ANGELA on my phone!!   Sadly, that’s not the worst if it - I actually had a pic of Danielle (Mohammed FRAUDED me!!) as my screensaver for awhile.  This show is GOLD, I tell you!  
I should have posted a pic from her wedding.  She was a big girl, got married in Nigeria in a white form fitting (from the waist up) partly sheer dress - with a kelly green bra underneath.  If I’m lying I’m dying.  
I really can change the subject now - and just so you know, Doodle, I am ASHAMED of you.  Ashamed FOR you.  ASHAMED I say!!!  

ECC5651B-7CDE-438E-8952-FED4B864DDBE.jpeg

84E71FFC-D3B0-4F81-B295-66162B37C72D.jpeg

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

Happy to oblige!!!  HORRORS, I have pics of ANGELA on my phone!!   Sadly, that’s not the worst if it - I actually had a pic of Danielle (Mohammed FRAUDED me!!) as my screensaver for awhile.  This show is GOLD, I tell you!  
I should have posted a pic from her wedding.  She was a big girl, got married in Nigeria in a white form fitting (from the waist up) partly sheer dress - with a kelly green bra underneath.  If I’m lying I’m dying.  
I really can change the subject now - and just so you know, Doodle, I am ASHAMED of you.  Ashamed FOR you.  ASHAMED I say!!!  

ECC5651B-7CDE-438E-8952-FED4B864DDBE.jpeg

84E71FFC-D3B0-4F81-B295-66162B37C72D.jpeg

Is it just me, or does she look like a pre-surgery Mama June (from Honey Boo Boo - don’t judge me!)?

• LOL 5
9 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Is it just me, or does she look like a pre-surgery Mama June (from Honey Boo Boo - don’t judge me!)?

Mama June was heavier than Angela, I believe, although they probably shop the same stores.  Also Mama June doesn’t have a chin to speak of.  
Also: in the spirit of full disclosure, I don’t know if she still lives there, but the “June” family used to live about 1.5 miles from my fat fanny.  In my neighborhood, so to speak.  Don’t judge MEEEEEEE (little Boo Boo went to elementary with my grands)

@SunnyBeBe I don’t think you’ve lost it at all.  Sometimes you just have to watch some pigs rolling in dirt to feel better about yourself.  I mean, the other option would be picking up your bag at the drugstore and yelling at the clerk “I’M DONE!!!  You hear me??  I’M DONE!!!!!!!

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Now to get the full effect, you should post a picture of Angela with her cigarettes and her money stuffed in her cleavage.  She uses her bra as a sort of fanny pack. You also need to see her yelling, 'Tha wedding is off!!!' to understand the experience.

These pictures were surprisingly hard to find! I spent waaaay too much time looking for them...which means my eye is doing much better today. 😁 

Here's where she stowed her passport.😄

(before today, the slightest light, like from my tablet, was very painful)

🍅🤔😱💟🌄💗 ««---(phantom emojiis I can't get rid of)

Oh!-and @SunnyBeBe I don't know where you're ordering from, but I learned the hard way never to order things from China. (Or be super careful)

I've gotten some weird stuff! I ordered "squishies" (toys) for my grands last Christmas, and the "assortment pack" I ordered were just fine..until I discovered just before wrapping them, that the package included a mini squishy penis-complete with balls (maybe they're feet) 😁 

I swear I was unknowingly about to give that to my granddaughter!!😂

Screenshot_20201008-173208.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 12
5 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

These pictures were surprisingly hard to find! I spent waaaay too much time looking for them...which means my eye is doing much better today. 😁 

Here's where she stowed her passport.😄

(before today, the slightest light, like from my tablet, was very pai 🍅🤔😱💟🌄💗nful.)

Oh!-and @SunnyBeBe I don't know where you're ordering from, but I learned the hard way never to order things from China. (Or be super careful)

I've gotten some weird stuff! I ordered "squishies" (toys) for my grands last Christmas, and the "assortment pack" I ordered were just fine..until I discovered just before wrapping them, that the package. included a mini squishy penis-complete with balls!

I swear I was unknowingly about to give that to my granddaughter!!😂

Screenshot_20201008-173208.jpg

Thanks for the heads up..pardon the pun. Lol 

My light sensitivity used to be horrific!  I know it’s tough. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks for the heads up..pardon the pun. Lol 

My light sensitivity used to be horrific!  I know it’s tough. 

I'm sorry you had eye problems too. 

Ps how could I forget they also included 2 boobs  in that package?! (I used the 4 "dirty" squishies in our (adult) Dirty Santa game ...they were a big hit..kept getting stolen)

Screenshot_20201008-181537.jpg

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Well, still not sure how much of Mama J’s transformation was surgery and how much was her meth addiction...

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I never watched 90 Day Fiance, but I have watched an embarrassing amount of Honey Boo Boo with a friend. It's been years since I watched it, but whenever I see them pop up in tabloidy TMZ stories, I don't even need a refresher course. I still remember all their names. It's engrained in my brain in the same way that Young and the Restless is.

My mom was a big Y & R fan, but I watched a whole year of it when I was in grad school and supposed to be studying great literature. Initially I was drawn in by the fact that I still remembered so many of these people from watching it as a kid. But then I spent months watching it on my own. And even turned to the internet for information on the days I missed. And once saw a headline a year or two after I'd stopped watching it and in response blurted out aloud to my coworkers "Is Jack still with her?!?!" to my everlasting shame.

• LOL 10

I used to watch Y&R as a child when I was home sick. I wasn’t sick very often, fortunately...but I remember marveling at the fact that I hadn’t seen the show in six months and still could pick right up where I left off, plot-wise.

• LOL 9

I just read the Wikipedia description of Angela on the show's page and am dying laughing. "The reunion has since been a rollercoaster filled with lies, numerous arguments, financial theft, and probable infertility on Angela's part due to her age." I mean, she's in her 50s. Were either party actually expecting her to have kids? Did she lie about her age? 

8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I used to watch Y&R as a child when I was home sick. I wasn’t sick very often, fortunately...but I remember marveling at the fact that I hadn’t seen the show in six months and still could pick right up where I left off, plot-wise.

It had been 15 years since I'd seen it, and I was like, "Heeeey, there's Jack and Victor!" And I mentioned it offhand to my dad, who also hadn't seen it in that length of time, and he was like "Oh yeah Jack and Victor!" 😂😂😂😂😂

I should note my dad is a big burly manly man with scary tattoos, which made his reaction all the better. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

My Pap used to ask me about the plots on GL because he watched it for a few weeks when he was in the hospital with a blood clot.  For years he asked if Reva was still in that painting, lol.

And my husband occasionally asks me if "that asshole" is still dead on GH.  He means Jason, because I went through a phase of yelling "that ASSHOLE" at the screen whenever he was on in 2012 or so.

The things people pick up, lol.

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, ouinason said:

My Pap used to ask me about the plots on GL because he watched it for a few weeks when he was in the hospital with a blood clot.  For years he asked if Reva was still in that painting, lol.

And my husband occasionally asks me if "that asshole" is still dead on GH.  He means Jason, because I went through a phase of yelling "that ASSHOLE" at the screen whenever he was on in 2012 or so.

I never saw GH. I did have a passing familiarity with OLTL because of my great-grandmother (she's the one I mentioned a day or so ago who liked to call people "sheetices"). 

The only thing I remember is she used to bitch about Todd unceasingly. But when I just agreed with her mindlessly that he seemed like a real jerk, she got defensive. 😂 She was the same way about Chipper Jones and the Braves. She could bash Chipper all she wanted, but he was off-limits for the rest of us! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Zella said:

Meeting halfway isn't a bad idea in non-pandemic times, but if so, they'd be meeting in BFE Oklahoma and not in Waco,

8 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Meeting in BFE Oklahoma wouldn't have much appeal to me.

7 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah I can't knock BFE Oklahoma because I live in BFE Arkansas (and have actually met people in the middle of nowhere in Oklahoma LOL),

Bringing this over from another topic to thank @Zella and @ChiCricket for the grins I got from this. I was BORN in BFE Oklahoma, lived in (a different location of) BFE Oklahoma till I was about 10, and for the last 40+ years have regularly driven from Colorado down to BFE Oklahoma to visit my many wonderful cousins. And yes, it's not a glam vacay destination by any means. 

Of course, COVID-19 has dampened my travel activities and some of my aspirations. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be scheduling another nonstop overnight flight to London, with a room reserved at my fave little super-bargain hotel right by Hyde Park. But I'm not. Instead, assuming I get the minivan packed up this morning, I'll be leaving this afternoon to camp a couple of nights (again) in a state park out on the plains in BFE Colorado. Mostly to get out of the house and try out my new cot-sized bed (replaced the camping cot that I couldn't get leveled up on the wonky minivan floor). This weekend the weather's looking good, and I think it will be pleasant to hang out by the lake under a tree. I was able to reserve the camping space I had last time, which I really liked. I'd hoped to camp at another state park on this trip, but all the other parks I wanted, were completely booked up. 

I'm nurturing hopes and prayers for our common good, not all that unselfishly because the sooner this pandemic ebbs and the healthier we all are, the better will be the prospects for domestic and foreign travel. Including MY prospects. 

Best wishes, everyone.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, ouinason said:

Jason was a major A**hole as was his pal, Sonny.  I started watching GH in college during the Luke & Laura era when EVERYONE watched it.  No DVR's or VCR's back then, so people would actually arrange their class schedules to get back to the  dorm by 3 PM to watch.  When one of us had a class at 3, the rest of us would be sure to keep track of the plot to give a good update.   It was appointment TV in the mid-late 70's.

I got back to watching it when I was first in practice in the late 80's when the storylines were also good.  I remember crying like a baby when BJ (who names their kid BJ?) was killed in the accident and her cousin got her heart.  Sonny wasn't bad as a conflicted mobster back then, either and I also cried for Stone and Robin.  Jason's initial story after the car accident was also interesting.  Unfortunately, the show then decided that Jason and Sonny were heroes and were 'good mobsters' because they didn't deal in drugs or prostitution and they only killed mobsters who wanted to kill them first.  It was never clear what business they were corrupting, but, on TWOP, they used to call them gummy bear mobsters after someone suggested that they were smuggling gummy bears into Port Charles since they were so pure of heart other than the mobster thing.  

I quit watching after Jason, Sonny and Carly ate the show and it was all about them and their awfulness and they were constantly excused for being dangerous criminals.

• Love 4

I started watching GH in the 90s with Luke and Laura's return.  I was a bit too young for their initial run being still in diapers when they got married.  I also bailed when Jason, Sonny, and Carly took over the show.  I just can't do a show where the heroine is Carly a woman who swooped into town on a mission to destroy her mother's life and who lied about her child's paternity.  I know AJ was no saint and his drunk driving is, was and always will be reprehensible; but, Carly lied, and I cannot watch a show where the writers expect me to overlook that.  Not even overlook it, but cheer her on in her lies.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good anti-hero(ine) just as long as the writer's know they are writing it.  

• Love 4

with a room reserved at my fave little super-bargain hotel right by Hyde Park

Jeeves, which hotel is it? I love London and am always on the lookout for new places to stay. A friend and I usually travel overseas once a year (obviously not this year) and we'd love to do a London-Paris-upper Europe river cruise when things go back to normal. We've been to all of those places  before but love them so much and Covid has heightened the desire to go back. Whenever that is.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Jeeves, which hotel is it? I love London and am always on the lookout for new places to stay. A friend and I usually travel overseas once a year (obviously not this year) and we'd love to do a London-Paris-upper Europe river cruise when things go back to normal. We've been to all of those places  before but love them so much and Covid has heightened the desire to go back. Whenever that is.

If you're doing London to Paris, the chunnel on the Eurostar is a must.  Takes you right into the heart of the city each way, rather than to airports in the 'burbs.  And so much more comfortable and roomier than a plane cabin.

I did a river cruise from Lyon to Marseilles on the Rhone a few years back and highly recommend it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Bringing this over from another topic to thank @Zella and @ChiCricket for the grins I got from this. I was BORN in BFE Oklahoma, lived in (a different location of) BFE Oklahoma till I was about 10, and for the last 40+ years have regularly driven from Colorado down to BFE Oklahoma to visit my many wonderful cousins. And yes, it's not a glam vacay destination by any means. 

Hehe Yes I met my grandparents in a Wal-Mart parking lot somewhere in eastern Oklahoma years ago and visited with them for a couple of hours. I don't even remember the town, but I remember the experience! 🙂 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

If you're doing London to Paris, the chunnel on the Eurostar is a must.  Takes you right into the heart of the city each way, rather than to airports in the 'burbs.  And so much more comfortable and roomier than a plane cabin.

I've done that and loved it (once I got over my claustrophobia and fear of being underwater)! My friend and I have always tried to go to a new country every year, but after Covid, we just want to go to places we love even if we've been there multiple times. I adore London and Paris and I feel like you can never see enough of either city, no matter how many times you go. I've never been to Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, etc. so I'd love to go there at some point. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Jason was a major A**hole as was his pal, Sonny.  I started watching GH in college during the Luke & Laura era when EVERYONE watched it.  No DVR's or VCR's back then, so people would actually arrange their class schedules to get back to the  dorm by 3 PM to watch.  When one of us had a class at 3, the rest of us would be sure to keep track of the plot to give a good update.   It was appointment TV in the mid-late 70's.

I got back to watching it when I was first in practice in the late 80's when the storylines were also good.  I remember crying like a baby when BJ (who names their kid BJ?) was killed in the accident and her cousin got her heart.  Sonny wasn't bad as a conflicted mobster back then, either and I also cried for Stone and Robin.  Jason's initial story after the car accident was also interesting.  Unfortunately, the show then decided that Jason and Sonny were heroes and were 'good mobsters' because they didn't deal in drugs or prostitution and they only killed mobsters who wanted to kill them first.  It was never clear what business they were corrupting, but, on TWOP, they used to call them gummy bear mobsters after someone suggested that they were smuggling gummy bears into Port Charles since they were so pure of heart other than the mobster thing.  

I quit watching after Jason, Sonny and Carly ate the show and it was all about them and their awfulness and they were constantly excused for being dangerous criminals.

I watched GH during the Luke and Laura era while in college as well...1977 - 1981. There was always a crowd of us in the common room at 3:00 every afternoon, and it truly was, as you say, appointment TV.

I had never watched any soap operas before, except in passing (there was one my mom watched, but not obsessively, and I don't even recall which it was, much less remember any of the plot or characters). And once I started working after college, I never watched another one again, and never even gave a thought to all the denizens of Port Charles. Kind of odd, really.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, emma675 said:

I've done that and loved it (once I got over my claustrophobia and fear of being underwater)! My friend and I have always tried to go to a new country every year, but after Covid, we just want to go to places we love even if we've been there multiple times. I adore London and Paris and I feel like you can never see enough of either city, no matter how many times you go. I've never been to Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, etc. so I'd love to go there at some point. 

I was supposed to visit Switzerland this past June.  I have been to Norway, albeit in the dead of winter as I attended the Olympics in Lillehammer in 1994.  Norway is gorgeous, the people are terrific, too.  They also almost universally speak English, in many cases better than most Americans.  Loved it and need to go back to visit the fjords in summer.

• Love 6

My sister and I used to sneak watching soaps when we were home alone in the summers without cable. We'd watch Young and the Restless, and then switch to ABC for One Life to Live and GH. GH was our favorite. This was before Jason's accident (he and AJ were feuding over Keisha), and around when the Spencers returned. I remember Miguel singing to Maxie as a child in her hospital bed, and that may have been around when BJ died. We watched for years and I was pretty young so I'm not sure if that was the first year or multiple years. 

A friend in high school was into Days so I watched that for a while, and I got into AMC for a bit in college because it was on when I'd finally crawl out of bed during summer and breaks. 

I got back into GH as an adult a decade or so ago and was watching fairly regularly for years, but I haven't been interested since around the time Dante left and Spencer was so over the top obnoxious. I tried to watch again a couple of years ago, but Jason was back and Carly was having yet another baby with Sonny, confirming that it was still awful. I should really check that forum to see what I've missed...

• Love 3

I was a big Days of Our Lives fan in two phases--when Marlena was possessed by the devil one summer (my younger brother and I used to sneak watch that one because our mom would have freaked out over that storyline) and when Belle and Shawn Douglas were teens in love and looking for some kind of buried treasure. A bunch of us in college used to plan our lunches around Days that year. It's funny how long they can make storylines last on soaps--you can basically jump back in at almost any point and still be able to keep up. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I was a big Days of Our Lives fan

I remember watching with my mom when I had my lunch at home from school.  Walkers could go home for the 45 minute lunch... those days are long gone.  Macdonald Carey was on back then.  He was a decent actor, shows up in two of my favorite films, Shadow Of A Doubt and The Damned.  And Another World after that!  I seem to remember her watching GH, and they were actually in a hospital most of the time, and the nurses had their white hats and white outfits with white shoes. 

Dealt with sick kitty this week, had to take him to the ER vet.  He's doing much better now which I'm happy for but my heart bleeds for those that were bringing in emergencies and not getting good news.  And painful to see them in a parking lot dealing with their loss, I wish that they were able to go in with their pets at this time, but the Vet offices here are total drop off and wait only.  Wanted to hug them all....fucking social distancing.

• Love 3

I used to watch most all the daytime soaps. Finally, gave them up. I don’t think I have the patience for them anymore. Of them all, my favorite was probably As The World Turns.  

I have such fond memories of my trip to England and France. One day, I shall return.

I finally got the chance to visit my cousin through the window at Memory Care today. It was good to see her, but, it was also heartbreaking.  She was already on Hospice and end stage dementia, when covid hit, but, she’s really declined since I last saw her.  She can’t sit in a wheelchair any longer and is in a Geri chair. She can’t hold her head up, can’t sit up and can’t focus on anything. Sort of like a semi vegetative state.  

Since covid visiting restrictions I had asked so many times how she was doing and they all said fine....her nurses, her PA, staff, ......I don’t get it. I guess they didn’t want to worry me.  They told me today that she does sleep most all the time. They told me a couple of months ago that she was sleeping a lot more.  But, vitals are good, eating good, and no skin breakdown.  PA says the staff are taking great care of her. Of course, she is still so very thin. Maybe 70 pounds. Three years ago doctors told me she didn’t have long to live.  I just don’t understand. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe

I am seriously exhausted. I spent the entire day at work giving presentations to senior leaders, and my Mom’s bathroom tub/shower conversion was finished up today. 

Home remodels have a special place of trauma for me because my sister does not like change, will touch anything and becomes distressed when things don’t work. She was fine with the men day 1- when it was obvious there was no shower to use, but at the end of the day today  “No touch for 24hrs” she had a screaming fit, she was crying she was screaming- The water was turned off to the shower and when she moved the knob and it didn’t work she became seriously distressed....I swear before god this is the last thing I need. I told M (her caregiver) that I had to go back to work and she needed to handle it.

I wish the adults in our life had spent more time on “No/Sit/Stay” and less time on speech therapy. Would’ve made my life easier right now  

May she stay calm until tomorrow. Pray for me guys- this pandemic has been hard on us all in different ways, but my Mom has another knee replacement scheduled Oct 27 and I will be dealing with BOTH OF THEM. Both. Of. Them. 

Save me from the tall toddler and the patient. 

I just ate some French fries and I’m going to finish up my Switched at Birth rewatch, and watch a Halloween movie from my list. 

• Love 20
54 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Since covid visiting restrictions I had asked so many times how she was doing and they all said fine....her nurses, her PA, staff, ......I don’t get it. I guess they didn’t want to worry me.  They told me today that she does sleep most all the time. They told me a couple of months ago that she was sleeping a lot more.  But, vitals are good, eating good, and no skin breakdown.  PA says the staff are taking great care of her. Of course, she is still so very thin. Maybe 70 pounds. Three years ago doctors told me she didn’t have long to live.  I just don’t understand.

My mother is trying for world's longest stage 6.  She can still walk (with a walker) and talk, but her attachment to reality is extremely vague.  They almost always tell me she's doing fine.  Fine means she's being her normal self and it's "just" the dementia.  So she hasn't fallen, is still eating, doesn't have any temporary illness like a cold, and doesn't have symptoms of a new disorder.  It doesn't mean the dementia isn't progressing as expected.  I hope that helps.  The medical personnel have charts and formulas to try to guess how long a dementia/Alzheimer's patient has.  But that's all it is is a guess.  My mother by the charts should have been gone three or four years ago.  

I'm glad you got to at least see  your cousin.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 5

Absolom, I’m sorry about your mother.  It’s a very long journey for some. My heart goes out to you and all those who live with dementia. 

My cousin has outlived everyone who was in MC when she arrived and many of those who arrived after she did. We are now almost 7 years in. She’s as advanced as you can get, except she still eats well, though she drools a lot. She’s hand fed. Recently, her PA said that she would likely be ok, until she isn’t. One day, she may just not want to eat or may sleep and not wake up to eat.  Then it will be a matter of days. It’s odd because when dementia first struck her, she barely ate anything. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Absolom, I’m sorry about your mother.  It’s a very long journey for some. My heart goes out to you and all those who live with dementia. 

My cousin has outlived everyone who was in MC when she arrived and many of those who arrived after she did. We are now almost 7 years in. She’s as advanced as you can get, except she still eats well, though she drools a lot. She’s hand fed. Recently, her PA said that she would likely be ok, until she isn’t. One day, she may just not want to eat or may sleep and not wake up to eat.  Then it will be a matter of days. It’s odd because when dementia first struck her, she barely ate anything. 

How old is your cousin SunnyBebe? I ask because sometimes with early onset their body is still strong so people live longer after diagnosis, compared to people who develop dementia in their 80s. 

She’s very lucky to have you as an advocate. Even though she isn’t aware right now, your continued interest in her care and quality of life is making the difference. 

@Absolom much love in your care of your mother. 

Dementia is heart breaking and mentally/physically exhausting. 

• Love 15
52 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks.  I can't wish my mom gone, but at this point I do hope for a very brief stage 7.  She's my third parent with dementia and I've put in my time.  Mom is close to the same as your cousin in some ways.  She has outlasted all the residents who were there when she went into memory care except one who is in much worse shape.  That resident can't walk or talk, but can still sit up in a chair.   Many residents have come and departed since she went into memory care.  

My mom barely eating was one of the reasons I put her in a facility.  She gained over 20 pounds in six months back then.  

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

How old is your cousin SunnyBebe? I ask because sometimes with early onset their body is still strong so people live longer after diagnosis, compared to people who develop dementia in their 80s. 
ware right now, your contin

@Absolom

Dementia is heart breaking and mentally/physically exhausting. 

My husband is 78 and was diagnosed with early dementia almost 2 years ago. He has progressed fairly rapidly since then. It is so heartbreaking to watch him struggle to find the words he needs and to remember people's names. He usually can't remember our 2 children. One night this week he didn't remember that I was his wife.

Taking care of him is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. He's still home with me but I don't know how much longer that will be possible. It's an awful situation.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

My husband is 78 and was diagnosed with early dementia almost 2 years ago. He has progressed fairly rapidly since then. It is so heartbreaking to watch him struggle to find the words he needs and to remember people's names. He usually can't remember our 2 children. One night this week he didn't remember that I was his wife.

Taking care of him is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. He's still home with me but I don't know how much longer that will be possible. It's an awful situation.

Mrs P it’s hard. Please be mindful of your own health and safety. Make sure you are meeting your own needs as best you can especially during COVID-19, caregiving can be very isolating. 

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I received a bonus from work today. It was anticipated we would get one through a grant for healthcare workers. We didn’t, but the company gave one. I’m impressed, which is not usual with most crap that goes on with them!

Congratulations on the bonus!  That would be so awesome! I hope you treat yourself. Healthcare workers DESERVE it for sure. Thank you for your service. 

Mrs. P, caretaking a person with dementia is probably the most difficult thing I have ever done. It’s exhausting and stressful. I don’t think most people realize just what it’s like. Memory loss is not the worst thing at all.  There’s agitation, rambling, pacing, repeating, resisting care, incontinence, delusions, hallucinations, etc.  I hope you have help.  Bless you and others who take this on. After only a few months, I suffered physical health issues that took me a year to recover from.  

I have to work this weekend. Things have really picked up. Still, I want to spend some time playing some tunes by Van Halen and Johnny Nash.  Two legends Eddie and Johnny. (I Can See Clearly Now) May they RIP.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 15

Update on me:

It will take up 3 more weeks to get approved for surgery. I went today to change the dressing my legs look way worse than a week ago. I have no trust in modern medicine at all. 

I can’t eat and just cry a lot.

I wish there was a pill that cured all illnesses and made us whole again. 

Group hug and a nice glass of an adult beverage on this Friday!

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 4

I watched a few years of General Hospital, right up until Robin/Stone. But the main soap I watched was All My Children. I first started watching with my grandmother in the mid 80s, and then with my mother in the late 80s through its end in 2011. 

• Love 4