Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I am enjoying my schadenfreude right now. Can’t say anymore! 🤣

I am having trouble with this. I truly never want someone to be ill....however maybe just a little so a lesson may be learned.  A little humility would be nice also. Forgive me mods.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Thanks everyone. It’s been a rough day. Dr appt tomorrow where the future will be discussed. Lots of crying here today. 

I’m so sorry, @lookeyloo

Edited by EVS
  • Love 5

I usually love good news Sunday’s and I just kept dragging my feet today - hoping that LOOKEY would tell us something good.  And that didnt happen. 

bur hen late tonight I was able to have a text conversation. With my cousin who’s been in the hosp long enough to feel like it’s her permanent residence.  She had surgery #37 this week, and a birthday.  Lots of us had launched a birthday card campaign and she got over 300 cards.  She was thrilled.  So that’s good and that’s my happy Sunday news . 

I love you people.  I mean that.

• Love 16

Dearest @lookeyloo, I"m so sorry. I hope tomorrow will bring the best outcome possible for your family. Sending much love and gentle hugs to you all. Please keep us informed as you feel able. We are all here for you. Janet

• Love 6
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm up at 3:30am wondering why life can be so unfair

I'm up at almost 4am because I have an eye infection that won't go away, and hurts like heck every time I blink. My Ophthalmologist  put a "bandage contact lense" on it on Friday, but I can still hardly see, and I'm taking pain pills that don't seem to do anything but constipate me.😡 (tmi?😁)

The worst part is the sensitivity to light  , I've had all my blinds and curtains shut tight for days..it's depressing af.

Pity, party of one, please.🙄

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 1

I don't post a lot, but it's late and I can't sleep.  My husband went into the hospital this morning with abdominal pain, and will be there at least a couple of days.  The doctors are hoping the problem will get better with pain killers, fluids, and antibiotics.  If not, then surgery will be required, and it will involve a colostomy.  

My husband has a neurological condition and I'm his caregiver.  He needs to have his meds on time and they need to be right or he suffers.  On his best day he's about 85% mentally.  At the hospital, they managed to give him a painkiller that made him crazy.  He didn't know the year, and when asked if he knew where he was, he answered, "Hell".  He ripped out his IV, managed to tear off his wrist band, wouldn't stay in bed, but if he was put in a chair he wanted out of that.  He was way too loopy and disoriented to take even a step on his own, yet all he wanted to do was get up, and he kept yelling, "Let me out!!!"  He also got verbally abusive towards me and cursed like the most drunken sailor who ever cursed.  Normally he is a very gentle person, much nicer than his wife.  He really was in hell and by extension, so was I.

He finally fell asleep, but I wanted to stay to make sure he got his night time meds, and to see if he was better after some sleep.  I also wanted to be triple sure he didn't get any more of the drug that sent him off the rails.  Nope.  Visiting hours were over and the night nurse was super nasty with me.  The day nurse had told me I could stay later, so I was startled when she commanded me to leave.  

The nurse was dismissive of my concerns about his meds and mental state.  I was given a code to use if I wanted to call, and I left it at the hospital, so theoretically I can't even call to see how he's doing.  Probably wouldn't anyway because the nurse was awful.  She had just come on her shift, and I was startled at her attitude because the day shift staff had been mostly good. 

It was a very long, stressful day and I was tired and barely had anything to eat.  Now I can't sleep and I don't know how I'm going to function and face the situation with no rest.  Sorry this is long, I just needed to vent and it's too early to phone a friend.    As soon as the office opens, I'm going to call his neurologist and see if she can at least help with making sure his meds are right and have to be given on time, every time.

19 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

It was a very long, stressful day and I was tired and barely had anything to eat.  Now I can't sleep and I don't know how I'm going to function and face the situation with no rest.  Sorry this is long, I just needed to vent and it's too early to phone a friend.    As soon as the office opens, I'm going to call his neurologist and see if she can at least help with making sure his meds are right and have to be given on time, every time

{{{{{{{{ big hugs}}}}}}}}

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm up at 3:30am wondering why life can be so unfair. Why seemingly undeserved folks have everything they need and others go without. How the earth keeps spinning and lives keep living, when others are struck with health issues and tragedy. None of it makes any sense

{{{{{{{Hugs for you too}}}}}}}}

It's early, but...

Kimmy Schmidt Cursing GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm up at 3:30am wondering why life can be so unfair. Why seemingly undeserved folks have everything they need and others go without. How the earth keeps spinning and lives keep living, when others are struck with health issues and tragedy. None of it makes any sense.

I often say to my clients, if I had a magic wand... Years ago a client gave me an adorable stuffed magic wand, that I still keep on my desk. I picked it up and waved it around a few minutes ago. Because why not. Something needs to change the trajectory of 2020.

I always wonder why some people are so blessed and they don't realize it and they certainly are not grateful because they just expect it.   

@lookeyloo keep us updated about sweet son's appointment.  We're still saying prayers for your family.  

@ChiCricket you have my sympathy (I have had a corneal erosion years ago, a corneal transplant, you name the eye issue I've probably had it).  

I'm having a pity party myself, but reading what others are going through helps me put things in perspective. Prayers, healing thoughts, good karma, whatever you believe in, for everyone going through "stuff" right now.  

• Love 9

@lookeyloo, my heart breaks for all of you. I've thought about you most of the night. Hoping today the doctors can help with Sweet Son's pain. As @GeeGolly said, how can life be so unfair? Thinking of all you again today and with others here, sending gentle hugs your way.

@MonicaM, I hope things go better for you and your husband today. Hoping they can give him his medications on time. ((((hugs)))

@ChiCricket, hoping your eye feels better soon. Having eye problems myself once in awhile, I can sympathize. Can you get a different pain medication that will help better?

• Love 10

I woke up this morning and prayed hard for LookeyLoo. There were others too. 
@MonicaM I don’t know what that nurses problem was, but I wish she hadn’t taken it out on you and give you more worries overnight. It’s terrible not to be able to support the people in the hospital or care facility that need us during these times. I hope he got his meds (the correct ones) on time and today is a better day. 
@ChiCricket Wow. Sorry to hear that you have had so much trouble with your eye. I hope it resolves soon. Healing hug. 
I am sending everyone purrs from the Mindthinkr kitties. They work for me often and I hope they work for you too 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm up at 3:30am wondering why life can be so unfair. Why seemingly undeserved folks have everything they need and others go without. How the earth keeps spinning and lives keep living, when others are struck with health issues and tragedy. None of it makes any sense.

I often say to my clients, if I had a magic wand... Years ago a client gave me an adorable stuffed magic wand, that I still keep on my desk. I picked it up and waved it around a few minutes ago. Because why not. Something needs to change the trajectory of 2020.

Because life is absurd (Camus).

• Love 12

Dearest @lookeyloo, praying hard today for your family.

@ChiCricket, so sorry for your pain. Your eyes are so important.  I hope this gets better soon.

@MonicaM, keep up the fight for your husband. You are the one who knows what he needs and can tolerate. You need to be respected by the staff. I come from a family of nurses and I greatly admire them but there are some that jump too fast to keep families out of the loop. I know this from experience as a caregiver. Take care of yourself through this and push anybody you have to push. We're all behind all of you.  Much love, gentle hugs, and towering support. Janet

• Love 10

Thanks to everyone for yours kindness. We would like to extend it back to all of you who need the prayers, hugs and spirits lifted. 

we did not get good news. Hospice and palliative care being brought in. We are broken hearted. There is no chapter in the parent handbook about helping your child die and then living without them. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

Thanks to everyone for yours kindness. We would like to extend it back to all of you who need the prayers, hugs and spirits lifted. 

we did not get good news. Hospice and palliative care being brought in. We are broken hearted. There is no chapter in the parent handbook about helping your child die and then living without them. 

I'm so sorry @lookeyloo.

• Love 3

Dearest @lookeyloo, my heart breaks for you and your family. I know this is devastating and there is nothing I can say that will make it better. I can only wish you and your family strength for your walk as you accompany your sweet son on his journey. I wish you peace and comfort and of course I send you much love and warm hugs. Always here for you, Janet.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

@lookeyloo, I am so sorry that this is happening to you and sweet son.  There are no words that come close to adequately expressing how sorry I am.  You, sweet son, your family are all in my prayers.  

• Love 5

Dearest LookeyLoo and family:  I know that there is nothing that I can say or do that can change the news you received today.  Lots of hugs, virtual good wishes and prayers for you and sweet son.  If I lived nearby, I’d come and do laundry or deliver snacks or meals.
Cancer is vile, it sucks and I wish it upon no one. Earlier this year, my family had experience with an absolutely amazing hospice program.  The nurses were some of the most kind and compassionate people I have ever met in my life.  They could not have been more supportive of the patient and were so attentive to her needs .  I hope that you and your sweet son have nurses just like my family had.

• Love 11

@lookeyloo, there are no words to say how deeply sorry I am to hear about Sweet Son.  You have been in my thoughts and prayers often the past few days, and you will continue to be.  I found this online a few weeks ago, and it somehow seems to fit our little group here.  I hope you can feel the love and strength we are sending your way.

pupkit.jpg

• Love 23
12 hours ago, Madtown said:

Having eye problems myself once in awhile, I can sympathize. Can you get a different pain medication that will help better?

I had to BEG to get an Rx for the pain pills I got. I mean B E G...debase myself, cry my heart out in the doctor's office in front of everybody..so..probably not. 😢

5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

206260F6-7322-465C-B6B7-BCC94FC9FC14.gif.4590aeb03f148693367886abd0c4f6ad.gif

I’m so sorry, Lookeyloo. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 3

@lookeyloo I’m truly sorry to hear that. I will pray for strength for you...so sad. I will say as someone who worked in Hospice that there are a lot of wonderful people and resources. Use them. They help. PM if you need to vent, have questions or anything...really anything. 

• Love 5