Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It’s my birthday today!! I’m 35! I like getting older so far- minus the grey hairs and this cavity. 

Today my Mom and I are going to the spa (masked of course), I’m getting my semi annual color, and a massage. And then we are meeting my god mother for lunch. My sister’s caregiver agreed to work today(she’s being paid extra) so we could have the day out. 

I’m thankful for another year of being healthy & well, and for you guys. You’ve been such a comfort during this pandemic. 

Hoping you are having a great day!!

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Happy Birthday, Scarlett!

I've been thinking about our group hug for Lookey and family.  How about noon tomorrow wherever you are?  Lookey is on EST I believe, but we can do it in rolling fashion across the time zones in hopes of giving her an entire afternoon of comfort.

The idea is to take a 5 minute break from whatever you're doing.  Light a candle, play some music, dance, sing, pray.  Do anything that makes you feel good and send those good vibes to our friend Lookey and sweet son.  We can do it every day if we want.  We can include all of our friends here who've been going through rough times of late.  Lifting Up Lookey is our mantra.

Great idea, I'm in.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I've been thinking about our group hug for Lookey and family.  How about noon tomorrow wherever you are?  Lookey is on EST I believe, but we can do it in rolling fashion across the time zones in hopes of giving her an entire afternoon of comfort.

The idea is to take a 5 minute break from whatever you're doing.  Light a candle, play some music, dance, sing, pray.  Do anything that makes you feel good and send those good vibes to our friend Lookey and sweet son.  We can do it every day if we want.  We can include all of our friends here who've been going through rough times of late.  Lifting Up Lookey is our mantra.

Wonderful idea! I am in!

• Love 3

So sweet, Doodle.  I’m in.  

@Scarlett45, I saw your post today and answered immediately - but I guess I never hit post as I don’t see it now.  I guess I’m a little superstitious too - I feel like if you don’t do “happy birthday” before, or at least early, it doesn’t count.  So YOU may not be upset, but I am.  Poo!!!

i hope you had a great day!  
what I actually said earlier was that - even though you haven’t kept your age a secret - your wisdom and balance (is that chakra?) make you seem older.  Not in a bad way - in a feet-firmly-planted kinda way.  But not so wise you would refuse birthday cake I hope!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I’m in. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Thank y’all so much. Today has been rough because of the side effects of the procedure. We have been in contact with the dr who gives all his patients his cell phone Number and then answers it. I will set my phone to ping at noon and will try and be holding sweet son’s hand then and we will feel it. 💖💖

Are you EST? We want to be there for you whatever time zone that you are in. 

🎉Happy Birthday Scarlett 🎉 Wishing you many good years 💝

• Love 2
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I’m in.  I’ll do noon my time and noon EST.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

So sweet, Doodle.  I’m in.  

@Scarlett45, I saw your post today and answered immediately - but I guess I never hit post as I don’t see it now.  I guess I’m a little superstitious too - I feel like if you don’t do “happy birthday” before, or at least early, it doesn’t count.  So YOU may not be upset, but I am.  Poo!!!

i hope you had a great day!  
what I actually said earlier was that - even though you haven’t kept your age a secret - your wisdom and balance (is that chakra?) make you seem older.  Not in a bad way - in a feet-firmly-planted kinda way.  But not so wise you would refuse birthday cake I hope!!

No I never turn down sweets. Hence the size of my behind. 😝

thank you. 

10 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Thank y’all so much. Today has been rough because of the side effects of the procedure. We have been in contact with the dr who gives all his patients his cell phone Number and then answers it. I will set my phone to ping at noon and will try and be holding sweet son’s hand then and we will feel it. 💖💖

I will be holding you in my heart at noon est. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I will be thinking of you and your family too, positive thoughts and virtual hugs.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Are you EST? We want to be there for you whatever time zone that you are in. 

🎉Happy Birthday Scarlett 🎉 Wishing you many good years 💝

Answering for Lookey, she and sweet son are in EST. However, even if you can't send a prayer and a good wish then, do it anytime.  Think of it as a echo or like ripples on a pond.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 10

Catching up a bit...the joys of being an accountant at month end. Sending hugs, prayers, and good thoughts to @lookeyloo and Sweet Son today.

I'm going to go ahead and do my Happy Sunday now, since I don't know if I'll be back on later. Tomorrow is our first wedding anniversary. A remarriage for both of us, and our previous marriages were...not good. So we're very aware of what we have in each other.

• Love 18

Good news Sunday: 

I am off to buy a big heater. I am sitting inside with 2 layers on shivering. No bueno. 

Also yesterday little kids in my building were making fun of me and I did not yell at them. Yay me.

Found an unlocked cell phone and returned it to a very grateful owner! Got $8 reward and everything.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

Thank you everyone. Turns out I couldn’t hold his hand because we took him to the ER around 10:30 for a procedure to help pain and mr lookeyloo and sweet son’s husband and I are waiting for him outside. It wasn’t easy leaving him at the door. Luckily the ER isn’t busy. Greatly appreciate all the support and prayers and vibes. 

Praying the procedure brings him relief and comfort. 

• Love 8

My good news Sunday was I mentioned that I was hungry for Taco Bell. A friend dropped off two taco supremes and even remembered that I love lots of the hot sauce. That small act of kindness gave me so much joy. 

• Love 23

positive news here is we ordered new windows this week, the ones we have are 34 yrs old, moldy and many ice up inside on cold days. it is a crazy amount of money to replace them and estimated delivery/install date is new years eve. so in Jan. in Michigan we are having windows replaced and after that I can never again scrape ice off the inside of the bedroom windows

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 17

I did some serious cleaning in our home office/den yesterday and today I'm sitting in a bright, sunny and extremely clean room, with a sliver of cool air coming through the window.

I just realized my good news Sunday post last week, was about a clean porch.  Me thinking I need to get a life.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I just realized my good news Sunday post last week, was about a clean porch.  Me thinking I need to get a life.

Nah. That’s just life in 2020 under Covid.

My good news is that PupWiser hopefully will not require a second surgery, as the walloping infection in his incision site is healing up nicely on the antibiotics. (Since it’s supposed to be only good news I will spare you my sheer panic that my vet is leaving the state...he’s incredibly good with both my nervous boys, lets me inject their vaccines and will swap vet stories with me until they drag him into his next appointment. I saw him three times this week trying to cram everything in with both dogs before his last day and it was all I could do not to throw myself at his ankles and beg him not to do this to me. Yes, I was pathetic. I cried in the car, FFS.)

Other than that, I continue to cling to our 2020 Motto: Ain’t broke, ain’t sick. 
Hugs all around...

• Love 11

I had the last round of interviews for a new job, and they went well. I have a call with the HR recruiter on Tuesday. Still not 100% I want the job/want to leave my current job, but I do want to hear what the compensation package is. Also, I’m on sabbatical now through Nov. 2. I have a long list of things I want to do. Most of it is baking/cooking, and some of it is organizing projects. 

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

My good news is that PupWiser hopefully will not require a second surgery, as the walloping infection in his incision site is healing up nicely on the antibiotics. (Since it’s supposed to be only good news I will spare you my sheer panic that my vet is leaving the state...he’s incredibly good with both my nervous boys, lets me inject their vaccines and will swap vet stories with me until they drag him into his next appointment. I saw him three times this week trying to cram everything in with both dogs before his last day and it was all I could do not to throw myself at his ankles and beg him not to do this to me. Yes, I was pathetic. I cried in the car, FFS.)

Other than that, I continue to cling to our 2020 Motto: Ain’t broke, ain’t sick. 
Hugs all around...

I know how you feel. My favorite doctor left too. Too far away to go see her now. I’m in mourning it’s like she died. 

43 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Hugs all around...

That's all I have for the day, not small things and I am grateful.

• Love 8