Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

So many of you have put my feelings into words about this much better than I ever could have...I'm not good at all in these circumstances. But I do second the notion of everyone getting together for a few minutes, at a time agreed upon, to send all the best thoughts, love, and comfort to @lookeyloo and her son.

agree!!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

My heart is breaking for your family, this is so hard and so unfair.  I pray the palliative care staff will help your son find a way to manage his pain but still allow him to enjoy his life as long as he can with minimal side effects.  

Are you coming to a decision point as a family?  Would stopping treatment altogether improve his quality of life?  Are the potential benefits of the treatments significant enough to risk the side effects?  Time without quality is not usually a good trade-off, IMO.

I don't mean to tell you and your family what to do; you already know these things and you have already navigated this treacherous path so beautifully with love and dignity.  Be proud of yourself and your son and the rest of the family that you've given it your best efforts, whatever the next steps in the road might be.

I will continue to pray for all of you.  Maybe as a group, we could hold Lookey and sweet son in our hearts for a few minutes so she could feel our love.

All of that has been discussed and considered but thanks. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

All of that has been discussed and considered but thanks. 

I figured you'd already worked on all those things since you and your son and the rest of the family have been very pro-active from the start.

• Love 4

@lookeyloo I’m am so sorry to hear your son’s news. Prayers for better days ahead and a big spotlight shining on the right answers. 

@iwantcookies I have heard that and “Let’s do lunch.” too often. I’m the weird one who keeps trying to keep the communication lines open and have been running into brick walls too often. That reminds me. I need to email my half sister. Thank you. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

@lookeyloo I’m am so sorry to hear your son’s news. Prayers for better days ahead and a big spotlight shining on the right answers. 

@iwantcookies I have heard that and “Let’s do lunch.” too often. I’m the weird one who keeps trying to keep the communication lines open and have been running into brick walls too often. That reminds me. I need to email my half sister. Thank you. 

I am the one always reaching out and getting rejected. 

4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Maybe as a group, we could hold Lookey and sweet son in our hearts for a few minutes so she could feel our love.

What a beautiful idea.  Lookey, I’ve been holding you and your son close.  Perhaps it will be of some small comfort to know that so many of us are keeping you very present.  

• Love 15

I will get approved for surgery in 3-4 weeks! I’m scared I will lose my legs by then. I am just freaking out!!! 

I wish I still had my old therapist to talk to. My new one is so mean/cruel she made me cry.

Last post about my health. Don’t mean to clog up the thread. Other people need to vent/share too

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I will get approved for surgery in 3-4 weeks! I’m scared I will lose my legs by then. I am just freaking out!!! 

I wish I still had my old therapist to talk to. My new one is so mean/cruel she made me cry.

Last post about my health. Don’t mean to clog up the thread. Other people need to vent/share too

You are not clogging up the thread. Your posts are very brief, and everyone needs the chance to vent. You are facing some very scary issues and you need support. Sending you prayers for healing, comfort and strength. 

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

What is your diagnosis? We ARE interested and want more details. Why would you lose your legs? 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

What up with your legs Cookie? And fire your therapist.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Wondering how a scan of your abdomen turned up issues with both your legs?  What does the report say?  Sweet son always gets a copy of scan results.  What is going on with the turtle shell issue?  Did it resolve?  

• Love 9

So many friends on on this thread are having health crises, family concerns and other struggles.  I’m sending positive thoughts for you all. You know who you are. Also saying prayers for your relief. I’m keeping high hopes for better days. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I am the one always reaching out and getting rejected. 

I would never disappoint you. You are worthy of a great friendship and more. Their loss. 
Read The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz . Don’t take it personally (Agreement #1...my personal hardest to grok) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Zella, I thought of you today when one of my relatives was telling me a story about one of her coworkers and called him a "redneck hillbilly", lol. I feel like "hillbilly" is being used in conversations a lot more recently. 

• LOL 7

I thought I’d share a story that sort of makes me smile whenever I put on a certain shirt I bought this summer. I ordered my young niece several outfits online. Some of them were on clearance and pictures of the tops weren’t very clear. I particularly liked this  one short sleeve, pink, silky t-Shirt that had a Purple Heart on the front.  She would love it with jeans or leggings.  So......when it arrived I was shocked to see that above the heart there was writing on the shirt...”Rose’All Day.”  Lol. She’s way underage for alcohol, so that wouldn’t work.  My mom said give it to her anyway, but, I didn’t. I decided to keep it for myself, but, I laugh whenever I put it on because I do NOT like Rose’ wine.  I’m more of a bold, full flavored red kind of girl, so it feels dishonest wearing it. Plus, the idea of drinking wine all day.....cracks me up.  I would never purchase a shirt that said that on purpose.  Funny thing is that I don’t think anyone has paid it much attention....thank goodness. Lol. Or, maybe they think it’s my way of dealing with covid and 2020. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5

Dearest @lookeyloo, I second everything that has been said about your sweet son. You have shown yourself to be a devoted and loving parent and I wish there was something I could say to take the pain away from you and your family. I too wish there was something tangible I could do in person to help all of you. Just know that I am one of the huge number of people here who are praying for you and holding you in our hearts. Sending virtual hugs and much love your way. Janet

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Love2dance said:

@lookeyloo, I do not have words to express my sorrow about your son’s scans and pain. I also wish I was closer to your home and could at least help your family with meals or some other way. But I will send you hugs and thoughts of healing and comfort.

Oooooooooh @lookeyloo.  What they all said.  Big fat squishy pre-Covid hug.  I’m squishy and warm and a good hugger.  You are loved, being held, held up, worried over, thought about, and covered.  We all wish we could do more. So much love.  (I’ma need you to share some of that with Sweet Son.  I love him too). 

• Love 10

lookeyloo, I hope you and your sweet son can feel all of the prayers, thoughts, and healing vibes being sent your ways. There are no words and no actions anyone can do to take all of this away from you, but I hope the love being sent your way from strangers on the internet helps in some small way. 

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

It’s my birthday today!! I’m 35! I like getting older so far- minus the grey hairs and this cavity. 

Today my Mom and I are going to the spa (masked of course), I’m getting my semi annual color, and a massage. And then we are meeting my god mother for lunch. My sister’s caregiver agreed to work today(she’s being paid extra) so we could have the day out. 

I’m thankful for another year of being healthy & well, and for you guys. You’ve been such a comfort during this pandemic. 

Happy Birthday and have a lovely day! 🎂

• Love 6

@lookeyloo, you, your son & family remain in my prayers & thoughts. I will make sure you all continue to be in my MIL's prayer list.  She will pray or send a good thought for anyone who needs it. 

@Scarlett45 Have a wonderful  relaxing birthday.  It is a beautiful sunny day here in Maryland & I'm hoping the sun is shining brightly in your area too. That was nice of your sister's caretaker to take care of her so you all can enjoy your special day's activities without worry. 

ETA: I'm adding a special wish that a former coworker and her six year old inner self used to sign the community work birthday card: "Hope you get lots of presents!" For some reason that always cracked me up when I read it. Maybe it was my six year old self laughing along. 

Have a relaxing weekend everyone. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 14