Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I hope everything is ok with your sister @jcbrown. That sounds worrisome. 
Does she have a friend there that could help her? 
I hope this works out well for her 🙏🏻

Thank you. Yeah, it is pretty worrisome. She does have good friends but because she doesn't trust the test result (and I'm not sure I do, either), she is quarantining to avoid potentially exposing anyone else. I think that's the right move just in case, but I felt a lot better about it before she told me about the double referral for a stress test. She had some pretty serious weird symptoms from Thanksgiving through about New Year's and then a bit after, as well, so this on top of that... Yikes.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Update on my sister, in case anyone is interested. It has been 32 days since her trip to the ER where they wouldn't give her a COVID test. She is still coughing and exhausted and sleeping up to 18 hours every. day. It took three weeks for her to get her test results back and it came back negative. But. She had to administer the test herself at the testing site and I've read that, though false positive results are quite rare, false negative results are not rare at all. She lives alone (with cats) and is taking care of herself reasonably well. But. She told me yesterday that the ER doc instructed her to get a stress test and now her doctor agrees, given the (false?) negative test. And she says she doesn't feel well enough to get herself out of the house to get tested. But. If this is a heart thing that has felled her for 32 days, better to find out sooner, right? I wish she had a partner to help her right about now. I'm 2500 miles away and all I can do is listen and worry.

I can only imagine how worried you are. 

3 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Thank you. Yeah, it is pretty worrisome. She does have good friends but because she doesn't trust the test result (and I'm not sure I do, either), she is quarantining to avoid potentially exposing anyone else. I think that's the right move just in case, but I felt a lot better about it before she told me about the double referral for a stress test. She had some pretty serious weird symptoms from Thanksgiving through about New Year's and then a bit after, as well, so this on top of that... Yikes.

Ugh there are no easy answers here. If she’s been quarantining for a month she’s not contagious any more right? (I don’t know legit asking) Poor thing. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I can only imagine how worried you are. 

Ugh there are no easy answers here. If she’s been quarantining for a month she’s not contagious any more right? (I don’t know legit asking) Poor thing. 

I guess I expected that if she was symptomatic, she was still contagious. Just a guess? And thanks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Well,I got called “cruel” on a housewife thread recently, and I’m not 

cruel to anyone.  I could hardly sleep all night as I am very sensitive.  I don’t know what a Karen is, but I would rather that then cruel.  Some people take their troubles out on the threads.  My only consolation is there’s a God up above.

Oh, I am sorry.

Basically, being called a “Karen” is like being called an entitled bitch. Google “Karen” and you will get the idea!

• Love 5

@jcbrown, Yikes, how stressful for both you and your sister. Your sister could call an ambulance. I'm thinking she'd be admitted due to the severity of symptoms and referrals. Once admitted she could have any test needed done while she was there. 

• Love 7

@jcbrown I am so sorry about your sister. I like Geegolly's suggestion about her calling an ambulance. She can explain to them her situation, so that way they can take precautions when they show up but also hopefully get her to the help she needs. 

• Love 8
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

Come sit be me. I've vandalized signs at work to correct the grammar. 😇

The best part is, I was not anywhere near being a bitch! If I was, I certainly would own it. I just stated a fact. Look on his FB business page ~ there are typos. I guess I’ll just go back to stalking Pickle’s page. Unless they REALLY want me to be a “Karen”... hehehehehe... 😈

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Zella said:

Come sit be me. I've vandalized signs at work to correct the grammar. 😇

Me, too! Except I consider it improving them, rather than vandalizing them.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

So my neighborhood has a certified hoarder. He has a corner lot and has at least 6-7 cars and a travel trailer in his front yard pretty much all the time, overgrown trees, junk all over his backyard, etc. Apparently someone has been regularly calling code compliance on him and they've come out multiple times and made him prove all the cars run. They came out again recently and told him to trim back his trees or get fined. Apparently while doing this he tripped and fell, injuring his leg (he's in his 80s and has lazy sons who I guess didn't help). He's now on a rampage on our neighborhood Google group, saying he's going to file a public records request, find out who called code compliance on him, and sue them, threatening to put a lien on their home.

My question is, can he do this? I thought complaints to code compliance were confidential or anonymous? I didn't report him (although I've wanted to, it's a horrible property) but the anger he's throwing at people worries me. He's truly nuts--the property is a mess, I've witnessed him yelling at neighbors before, he will sometimes randomly put envelopes in our mailboxes soliciting for the Lion's Club, the neighborhood rumor is that he's set his house on fire for the insurance money, etc. He's the worst part of our neighborhood and I really wish he didn't live here. I just worry that his crazy will ruin neighbor's lives somehow.

(edited)
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

He's now on a rampage on our neighborhood Google group, saying he's going to file a public records request, find out who called code compliance on him, and sue them, threatening to put a lien on their home.

My question is, can he do this?

Probably not. First, he’d have to find a lawyer to take his case and lawyers want to be paid. It doesn’t sound like this guy has the means. 
Second, the complaints were valid. It’s tough to make a case that getting hurt while responding to a government judgment is somehow the fault of the person who informed the authorities who made the judgment. Especially as the injury happened on his property.
Third, he’d have to miraculously have the civil case be decided in his favor by some truly nutcase judge and then attempt to collect whatever damages might be awarded long before taking action to put a lien on anyone’s property. It’s not an easy process, nor should it be.
I get it...I have a horrible neighbor, too, who likes to see if he can bully us on multiple issues. I actually threw him off our property one fine day and told him never to return...I’ve never done anything like that in my life. 
Honestly the best response is probably no response at all. Let him rant...he’s got nothing.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 22
(edited)

Oldernowiser, thanks, that was very helpful! The stories I could tell about this guy, I think he truly is mentally ill but he's also just mean and arrogant. I'm lucky to live a few houses down and not right next door to him. I'm not going to lie, there are quite a few people here who are waiting for him to die and have the city take over his property (rumor is he owes thousands in back taxes but has an in with someone in the county government's office). The whole lot will have to be razed. I can't imagine the wildlife that's living in his backyard, I saw a fox on his roof once.

Edited by emma675d
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I don’t know how things are set up where you live, but here the county health department operates somewhat independently of county code enforcement. You might want to consider filing complaints based on the reality that the property is attracting rodents (that fox wasn’t hanging out just for kicks) and presents a danger to neighborhood children.

Or you can wait him out...

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I saw a fox on his roof once.

I have some pretty weird neighbors, but I--I don't have words. Like, I don't even know how to process this. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

That sucks to have a house like that in your neighborhood @emma675. Hoarding in and of itself is a mental health disorder.

I had a client in a similar situation, she was a hoarder, owed back taxes and was quite the bitch. Her meanness was due to feeling helpless and fear of being homeless. She beat two different evictions during the time I was working with her. I have no idea what has happened since.

Its a tough situation on both sides.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I guess I expected that if she was symptomatic, she was still contagious. Just a guess? And thanks.

No, if she had COVID, and, you're right, there are false negative tests, she would've been contagious for about 2 weeks after the onset of the symptoms.  People with COVID can test negative, we think it is because not everyone sheds the virus in their throat all the time.  The throat swab is also a little tricky and uncomfortable and it is possible she missed the right spot.

We've also discovered that many people who have COVID are still having symptoms months later even though they test negative.  Many people have extreme fatigue, a cough and shortness of breath but they are not contagious.

Your sister could safely ask someone to take her to the stress test and pick her up when it's over and, as long as they both wore masks, kept as far away as practical in the car and used hand sanitizer liberally, there would be minimal risk, if any.  Uber or Lyft could be an option for her, too.

If she is really feeling that sick, though, I'm not sure she's going to be able to do a stress test.  She should probably call her doctor and let them know just how limited she is physically.  Most stress tests require walking on a treadmill for half an hour or more.  If she doesn't feel capable of getting dressed and out of the house, I am not sure it is the right test for her.

Remember, though, I am a 'below the waist' doctor and not so up to date on the 'above the waist' stuff except for the COVID stuff which my employer insists everybody needs to know (I agree).  My cardiology days are well behind me, though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
(edited)

I cut my hair and now resemble 11 from stranger things season 1. One friend comment on my picture.

Wow you are ugly and look like a man. Uh thanks I guess.

(I know her since high school and this comment saddened me)

It’s hot and I figured it’s my last haircut for the year might as well get a short haircut. They took my temperature and copied my ID. I kept my mask on so hopefully I’m okay.

Edited by galaxychaser
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I cut my hair and now resemble 11 from stranger things season 1. One friend comment on my picture.

It’s hot and I figured it’s my last haircut for the year might as well get a short haircut. They took my temperature and copied my ID. I kept my mask on so hopefully I’m okay.

Maybe the person who commented isn't worthy of your friendship?

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe the person who commented isn't worthy of your friendship?

Or I can stoop to her level and make fun of her. Nah I’m too classy and tactful I’m going to ignore her or maybe she will block my man looking self 🙄.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Thanks for all of the thoughtful advice on my hoarder neighbor, everyone! I'm going to keep my distance from him and the situation for now, I don't want to deal with his brand of crazy and he's all riled up right now. What's funny is that he claims his fall happened last week and he is in a leg brace with crutches, but I could have sworn I saw him walking around in his front yard just a few days ago. He's one of those people who makes up health issues to try and draw sympathy for himself. 

He actually used to own the house directly across from his property up until a few years ago (it was a second home he used for storage). The city foreclosed on it and I came home one day to find bulldozers in their front yard, clearing out the piles of mattresses, tires, and other assorted crap he was keeping in the backyard. The neighbors on either side of that property said there were waves of rats, raccoons, possums, and other wildlife that had been living in the junk. 

Edited by emma675d
4 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

@galaxychaser, what a horrible thing for someone to say. I'm glad you can rise above the comment and ignore the poster. That's a lot better for your mental health.

If it makes you feel any better, I cut my own hair and now I have a very uneven mullet with various shades of blue, brown, and grey from a home dye job last January. I'm pretty sure I look like a Walmart Redneck, but at least it's out of my face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
16 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

The best part is, I was not anywhere near being a bitch! If I was, I certainly would own it. I just stated a fact. Look on his FB business page ~ there are typos. I guess I’ll just go back to stalking Pickle’s page. Unless they REALLY want me to be a “Karen”... hehehehehe... 😈

I thought a snark page was where you can give your opinion without reprocussions.  I never challenge someone’s opinion on the thread.  Why do people come back with a derogatory answer?  I’ve read plenty that I don’t agree with but just go on to the next.  I’ll shut up about this now, but it’s very hard to forget.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

(I know her since high school and this comment saddened me)

My friend of forty years comes out with some zingers too. I don’t say anything.  Meanwhile, I’ve never seen her with any makeup on, she has hair on her face and dresses horribly.  I have to keep the peace and just compliment, if I can.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

@emma675 It sounds like your neighbor may have dementia.  I saw an episode of Hoarders where a man in his eighties was the Hoarder.  They tried to get him to throw out stuff, but he wouldn't. During the episode, his daughters decided to move into an old folks home, because they felt he couldn't take care of himself.  (There was evidence of this in the episode). 

Are there people who look into elder care/neglect? If so, it might be good for someone to contact them on your neighbor's behalf. 

• Love 6

Temperance, I'm sure there's some mental illness at play but I don't think there's much anyone can (or sadly at this point, wants to) do. He has adult children and grandchildren who are in and out of the house and had a live in girlfriend until recently, so they are aware of the living conditions. I've lived in the neighborhood for 12 years and he's been here for at least 30 years and the house has been hoarded for almost all of that time, according to neighbors. He wants neighbors to be more social with him and have his house be a center for gatherings but no one wants to go to a property that is hoarded to the point that you could potentially be injured by random junk or exposed to who knows what is living in the mess. He wants everything to be done his way and when neighbors point out that the junk is an eyesore that is driving down property values or the trees are so overgrown you can't see his house from the street or the "pond" he put in his front yard is basically just a big hole with dead fish in it, he lashes out. I think he'll outlive us all, I'm sure all of the crap in his house has given him some kind of super immune system. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, doodlebug said:

No, if she had COVID, and, you're right, there are false negative tests, she would've been contagious for about 2 weeks after the onset of the symptoms.  People with COVID can test negative, we think it is because not everyone sheds the virus in their throat all the time.  The throat swab is also a little tricky and uncomfortable and it is possible she missed the right spot.

We've also discovered that many people who have COVID are still having symptoms months later even though they test negative.  Many people have extreme fatigue, a cough and shortness of breath but they are not contagious.

Your sister could safely ask someone to take her to the stress test and pick her up when it's over and, as long as they both wore masks, kept as far away as practical in the car and used hand sanitizer liberally, there would be minimal risk, if any.  Uber or Lyft could be an option for her, too.

If she is really feeling that sick, though, I'm not sure she's going to be able to do a stress test.  She should probably call her doctor and let them know just how limited she is physically.  Most stress tests require walking on a treadmill for half an hour or more.  If she doesn't feel capable of getting dressed and out of the house, I am not sure it is the right test for her.

Remember, though, I am a 'below the waist' doctor and not so up to date on the 'above the waist' stuff except for the COVID stuff which my employer insists everybody needs to know (I agree).  My cardiology days are well behind me, though.

So even though the symptoms continue, she is not shedding virus? What a weirdo virus. I appreciate your advice.

Thanks, everyone, for the empathy. I really appreciate it.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

Temperance, I'm sure there's some mental illness at play but I don't think there's much anyone can (or sadly at this point, wants to) do. He has adult children and grandchildren who are in and out of the house and had a live in girlfriend until recently, so they are aware of the living conditions. I've lived in the neighborhood for 12 years and he's been here for at least 30 years and the house has been hoarded for almost all of that time, according to neighbors. He wants neighbors to be more social with him and have his house be a center for gatherings but no one wants to go to a property that is hoarded to the point that you could potentially be injured by random junk or exposed to who knows what is living in the mess. He wants everything to be done his way and when neighbors point out that the junk is an eyesore that is driving down property values or the trees are so overgrown you can't see his house from the street or the "pond" he put in his front yard is basically just a big hole with dead fish in it, he lashes out. I think he'll outlive us all, I'm sure all of the crap in his house has given him some kind of super immune system. 

Its very difficult dealing with people who are capable of making decisions but not competent enough to make good decisions. 

I am masking up and driving across town this Saturday morning (I don't have to care for my sister) because its been too long since I have seen my great aunt, and I believe its gotten past "clutter" to "hoarderville and unchecked mice infestation"- its a Black Grey Gardens in that place! I am done asking for videos and for my cousin to call me back, Im driving down there, gloves and masks. 

• Love 18
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Its very difficult dealing with people who are capable of making decisions but not competent enough to make good decisions. 

That is absolutely the truth.  So many of us have lived and will live through that with our parents or other relatives.  It's such a frustrating time.  I feel for the hoarder's neighbors and have people who live a couple of streets away that I've turned in anonymously so all their neighbors can honestly say that they did nothing.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 6
(edited)

I feel for anyone who has to deal with a hoarder, it is really one of my nightmare. I suspect my aunt and uncle probably fall into the hoarder category, since they stopped letting anyone but their kids in their house years ago (it was already a mess then). My mother in law, who is otherwise a shining example of lovely mothers-in-law, has blithely told my husband that she doesn’t worry about getting rid of everything because she’s just going to leave it to him (i.e. me) to deal with when she’s gone. It’s not that she brings things - she rarely buys things- as just doesn’t get rid of things, even when they are broken, falling apart, etc. Everything just goes in the basement. I suppose the upside is that there is little in good condition that my husband wants, so when it comes to pass (many years in the future), we will be able to rent some dumpsters and chuck 90% of it out without looking at it. In the meantime, whenever she asks if we’d like to take something home that she has no use for, we do, and then promptly donate or chuck it. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

The good news is my little brother and his girlfriend got tested today and they both came back negative for covid.  They are both off work for the next few days so they won't be around their (possibly infected) coworkers.

The county health department did a press conference yesterday and the director said restaurant who only have one infected worker dont have to close.  I'm still not convinced,  but Lawnboy's boss has not technically done anything wrong. 

• Love 17

I did something new. I 'shopped blind'. I did this with the company named Two Blind Brothers. The two young men are losing their sight. The started the company as a way to raise money toward finding a cure for blindness, I am assuming for the condition that is taking their vision. What you do is go to their website and and place an order. You have three price levels to choose from. You do not know what you are getting...you are shopping blind just as they do. Some of the items are made by visually impaired people and all profits go the finding a cure. I bought the lowest level,$35.00 and received my items today. I am happy with what I received, well except for the color the items are black. If I don't forget I will order again in three months, they chance the items every quarter.

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The good news is my little brother and his girlfriend got tested today and they both came back negative for covid.  They are both off work for the next few days so they won't be around their (possibly infected) coworkers.

The county health department did a press conference yesterday and the director said restaurant who only have one infected worker dont have to close.  I'm still not convinced,  but Lawnboy's boss has not technically done anything wrong. 

But doesn't anyone who worked in an enclosed area with the infected worker have to quarantine for 10 - 14 days?

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

But doesn't anyone who worked in an enclosed area with the infected worker have to quarantine for 10 - 14 days?

mrcrazy8s is on 14 day quarantine plus needs 2 negative tests, done at least 3 days apart before he can return to work

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I did something new. I 'shopped blind'. I did this with the company named Two Blind Brothers. The two young men are losing their sight. The started the company as a way to raise money toward finding a cure for blindness, I am assuming for the condition that is taking their vision. What you do is go to their website and and place an order. You have three price levels to choose from. You do not know what you are getting...you are shopping blind just as they do. Some of the items are made by visually impaired people and all profits go the finding a cure. I bought the lowest level,$35.00 and received my items today. I am happy with what I received, well except for the color the items are black. If I don't forget I will order again in three months, they chance the items every quarter.

This was intriguing so i just ordered something for my granddaughter!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Oh my mom has done this! Grandfather lost his sight to glaucoma in the late 1980s, so she always supports causes like this. 

• Love 4

I get the hoarding thing.  My parents lived in their home for over 60 years.  I lost my dad in November, and Mom is now in assisted living.  My house just closed last week, and since my new home is not ready yet, I am  "camping" in my parents home.  I call this the hoarder house without the junk.  Not much trash, but this house is stuffed with good, valuable items.  But there is stuff everywhere.  The closets are stuffed, under the bed is stuffed, every shelf, counter, and table has stuff all over it.  The problem is , it is good "stuff".  Waterford, Llardro, china and dishes of all kinds, books, paintings--everywhere.  I don't know how my brother and I will ever sort all this out. I cleaned out one dresser today, and it is all good stuff (well, maybe not the drawer that was full of old cleaners bags).  I was finally able to clear off enough space to put the things I brought to live for a couple of months, but it still feels like camping.  I am being very selective on what I am going to keep.  My new house is larger than the one I just sold, but I do want it to turn into an upscale hoarder house.  I have enough "stuff" of my own!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I read about them! I have their website bookmarked. I will order from them for sure now!

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I get the hoarding thing.  My parents lived in their home for over 60 years.  I lost my dad in November, and Mom is now in assisted living.  My house just closed last week, and since my new home is not ready yet, I am  "camping" in my parents home.  I call this the hoarder house without the junk.  Not much trash, but this house is stuffed with good, valuable items.  But there is stuff everywhere.  The closets are stuffed, under the bed is stuffed, every shelf, counter, and table has stuff all over it.  The problem is , it is good "stuff".  Waterford, Llardro, china and dishes of all kinds, books, paintings--everywhere.  I don't know how my brother and I will ever sort all this out. I cleaned out one dresser today, and it is all good stuff (well, maybe not the drawer that was full of old cleaners bags).  I was finally able to clear off enough space to put the things I brought to live for a couple of months, but it still feels like camping.  I am being very selective on what I am going to keep.  My new house is larger than the one I just sold, but I do want it to turn into an upscale hoarder house.  I have enough "stuff" of my own!

After my dad died two years ago,  we hired a company that specializes in cleaning out the junk while assessing value of the good stuff with the goal of an estate auction.  And to help my other DNA provider transition into a wonderful senior living community.  This company also coordinated her move, and helped fix up her apartment.  Money well spent.

The huge problem is tastes have changed.  Despite having literally tons of good stuff...after their assessment,  an estate sale would not have made a cent after the cost of their time and labor during the sale.   Very sobering.

What does sell well is tools, athletic stuff and outdoor equipment.  Eventually, one of my nephews spent hours preparing a rummage sale, which helped with his college costs and sold a lot of the popular rummage sale stuff, while the rest was donated or was dealt with by the people hired.  Cleaning out 60 plus years can be difficult.

And then came the sale of the house.  😬😡😬😡😬😡😬😡.

• Love 16
On 7/29/2020 at 9:11 PM, Zella said:

Come sit by me. I've vandalized signs at work to correct the grammar. 😇

I totally get that!  Correct grammar was drummed into our heads in Catholic school in the 60’s.  
I was participating in a march in NYC during a political convention a number of years ago with several other labor unions.  I so wanted to take a marker out of my purse and correct the apostrophe on a sign carried by one of the other unions, but I resisted.

Fast forward a few years—I was attending a Mariners-Yankee game in Seattle with a group of Brooklyn teachers (we were attending the national teachers union convention). One of the other teachers actually took out a marker and corrected a fan’s sign.  Luckily the Seattle fan didn’t cause a scene.

Seattle does have interesting ballpark food.  I loved the garlic fries and the chocolate covered strawberries on a stick.  One of the Seattle fans we were sitting near thought we were having such a good time and wanted to take our pictures.  She actually mailed the pictures to my friend’s school.  

• Love 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, marypat57 said:

I totally get that!  Correct grammar was drummed into our heads in Catholic school in the 60’s.  
I was participating in a march in NYC during a political convention a number of years ago with several other labor unions.  I so wanted to take a marker out of my purse and correct the apostrophe on a sign carried by one of the other unions, but I resisted.

Fast forward a few years—I was attending a Mariners-Yankee game in Seattle with a group of Brooklyn teachers (we were attending the national teachers union convention). One of the other teachers actually took out a marker and corrected a fan’s sign.  Luckily the Seattle fan didn’t cause a scene.

Seattle does have interesting ballpark food.  I loved the garlic fries and the chocolate covered strawberries on a stick.  One of the Seattle fans we were sitting near thought we were having such a good time and wanted to take our pictures.  She actually mailed the pictures to my friend’s school.  

Yeah it's usually an unnecessary apostrophe that I remove. Once to be a cynical, pretentious asshole I wrote a Noam Chomsky quote on my RA's whiteboard when I was in college. She was always writing really obnoxious peppy stuff on there, and so I scribbled some Chomksy on there for her. She got really angry and went around asking everyone who did that and she stopped writing on the whiteboard for awhile to "punish" us, though she'd encouraged us to write on the board. IT WAS ERASABLE, KATIE! YOU COULD HAVE JUST ERASED IT!

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
(edited)

I actually went to customer service at Kohls to point out that their area sign should be PETITES, not PETITE'S.  The apostrophe was not there when they remodeled the store.

Edited by CalicoKitty
I do know how to spell.
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, marypat57 said:

I love Seattle's ballpark. Adventurous eaters will have a field day there. SF wins the garlic fries war, though. Those suckers are to DIE for. You know what renowned ballpark food sucks? Dodger Dogs. I bet even human garbage disposal Jeremy won't eat them. 😁

• Love 5

The neighbor sounds so much like my mother. She also fancies herself the perfect hostess. She keeps everything. When she was in skilled nursing, she kept all the menus and the paper wrapping from the straws. It drove me insane. She still has them. But she is also a raging narcissist, so she spends money she shouldn’t on her impeccable  landscaping. You’d never know driving by just how trashed and disgusting the inside of the house is.

She is also in the phase where she shouldn’t be living alone, but she’s an adult. She essentially refuses to see a dr now, and I suspect it’s because they are trying to nail down where her cognition is. 

Does anyone know how long coronavirus would live on a stuffed animal?

My husband is out of town this weekend, and the girls and I usually go to Build A Bear as part of our girls weekend traditions. I know our local store is requiring masks, but not sure if I need to be concerned about the toys themselves being viral free. If we go, would sticking them in the freezer overnight kill any virus? 

• Love 2