Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

before I was born people used to act a fool over seat belts. “I don’t wanna wear a seat belt! You can’t make me wear a seat belt, it will ruin my clothes, this is my freedom, if I want to die that’s my right. You can’t give me a ticket.”

Now to hear such a thing would be folly. Everyone down to the tiniest child puts on their seatbelt when they get into the car, it’s second nature. 

You haven't met my mother.  She refuses to wear a seatbelt; she says "It's between me and my God."  Of course if I counter with "render unto Caesar, she has a conniption. The idiotic thing is that she will go through all sorts of physical contortions to "pretend" she's wearing her seatbelt.  Like, she'll put one arm through it and hold the buckle down by her waist without clicking it.  I finally told her if I get a ticket because of her, she's going to pay it.  She is such a petulant five-year-old.

• Love 6

I hear you, Magpye29...my 92 y.o., 104 lb mother, who was the world’s nicest person, recently threatened to punch an employee at her AL place in the face because he wouldn’t let her leave the building.

He’s 6’5” and roughly 260 lbs.

This dementia thing is rough. You have my sympathy.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, magpye29 said:

You haven't met my mother.  She refuses to wear a seatbelt; she says "It's between me and my God."  Of course if I counter with "render unto Caesar, she has a conniption. The idiotic thing is that she will go through all sorts of physical contortions to "pretend" she's wearing her seatbelt.  Like, she'll put one arm through it and hold the buckle down by her waist without clicking it.  I finally told her if I get a ticket because of her, she's going to pay it.  She is such a petulant five-year-old.

oh I think we have the same type of mom - my mom claimed yesterday "nothing ever changed in her first 50yrs of life - every things was fine then" (she was born in 1941) she wears a seat belt only if someone else in the car. I ask why she doesn't try to disable the airbag since she doesn't need those "safety things" -

my daughter and I laugh about her grandparent's social media - the "i survived this, my kid's survived this so why have rules?"  we mostly find it entertaining the posts on "these spoiled kids now a days should have been spanked as children"  - I point out every time "so the generation that you spanked, didn't want to spank their children?"  crickets in response every time

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

I think I've got a bit of quarantine fatigue, tbh. I'm still wearing my mask anytime I'm in public and I'm mainly at home, except for trips to the grocery store, doctor's office, etc., and following all of the recommended protocols, but I'm tired of it. I won't stop doing any of the safety things but the lack of "normality" is wearing me down. I miss stupid things like going out to dinner, doing some leisurely shopping, meandering through Target. And then I remind myself that I'm being selfish and people have died or recovered and will face a lifetime of health challenges, but yeah, I'm still worn out. 

It doesn't help that summer arrived with a vengeance here and it's already in the upper 90s with no rain in sight. It is damn near impossible to breathe in a mask outside here. Plus, I hate the heat so I'm going to be a bundle of joy for the next few months, lol .

If everyone just wore their masks and social distanced, we could go out to eat and shop relatively safely. Unfortunately, some stubborn assholes are ruining it for the rest of us.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 20
22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Did I mention that my MIL is in the "Covid is a giant conspiracy" camp? She was ultra cranky about having to wear her mask when we were out yesterday. 

*sigh*

My mother is farther down the dementia path.  When I went to visit, it was more of a plaintive why do we both have all this stuff on? (Gloves and mask)  I just told her a bad flu was going around and it was to keep us both from getting sick.  She seemed to accept that and didn't touch the mask.  She did pick at the gloves off and on during the visit but didn't try to take them off.  Then she fell asleep so next visit we scheduled before lunch.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

My mother is farther down the dementia path.  When I went to visit, it was more of a plaintive why do we both have all this stuff on? (Gloves and mask)  I just told her a bad flu was going around and it was to keep us both from getting sick.  She seemed to accept that and didn't touch the mask.  She did pick at the gloves off and on during the visit but didn't try to take them off.  Then she fell asleep so next visit we scheduled before lunch.

MIL has all her faculties. Just getting her information from dubious sources.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

My mind boggles at the “hoax” theory. Yes, nearly every country in the world agreed to put their citizens in lockdown for months and crater their economies just to make the US government look bad and were able to keep that a secret. Totally plausible.

🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
(edited)

My mother doesn't have dementia--she's only 75 (she had just turned 15 when I was born).  Nope, she's just straight-up difficult.  The closest I've ever heard about her even acknowledging how awful she was as a mother is when my niece said she'd confronted her about being "pretty hard on" my sister and me (and my brother, who killed himself at 13-- or died accidentally when a Houdini trick went bad, depending on who you ask), my niece said my mother said "Times were different back then."  Yes, I carry a lot of baggage and years of therapy has never really unpacked it all.

I meant to add this:  My mpother is pretty short, just five feet, but she drives with her seat right on top of the steering wheel and her hands crossed and thrust through the space in the wheel so she's actually driving with her wrists.  Yeah, let that one sink in.

Edited by magpye29
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

My mother doesn't have dementia--she's only 75 (she had just turned 15 when I was born).  Nope, she's just straight-up difficult.  The closest I've ever heard about her even acknowledging how awful she was as a mother is when my niece said she'd confronted her about being "pretty hard on" my sister and me (and my brother, who killed himself at 13-- or died accidentally when a Houdini trick went bad, depending on who you ask), my niece said my mother said "Times were different back then."  Yes, I carry a lot of baggage and years of therapy has never really unpacked it all.

I meant to add this:  My mpother is pretty short, just five feet, but she drives with her seat right on top of the steering wheel and her hands crossed and thrust through the space in the wheel so she's actually driving with her wrists.  Yeah, let that one sink in.

My 88 yo mother has always excused her abusive behavior,  including physical, as the way things were back then!  You are not alone.  

3 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

My 88 yo mother has always excused her abusive behavior,  including physical, as the way things were back then!  You are not alone.  

I hear that from the MIL (also 88) all the time. She now also says she has to be "honest" like her parents were. Well, her version of honesty is driving people away, most recently her second sister, who finally got fed up with her shit. A letter is currently in transit spelling this out. I was forewarned by the aunt that it's in the mail. She's 84 and doesn't appreciate being treated like garbage.

• Love 5

I know in my neck of the woods people are getting quarantine fatigue and too complacent because the published and reported statistics are not accurate.   We have over 400 positive cases since March but only 2 deaths.  I know this is not correct.   I check the obits weekly and we had a higher number of deaths in the county back in April than usual.  Back then, testing was not happening at the scale it is now.  Also, those 2 people died in the hospital where they were tested.   How many people succumbed to covid at home is unknown.   Our numbers went up once testing became easier, but the full extent of the spread is still not clear.   Tracing is also nonexistent at this point.  Every now and then something hits the news about an employee at a Walmart went to work sick or a bus driver or two.  People around here think it's okay to go out because we have no idea how bad it truly is.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

My MIL already believed covid was a hoax and thanks to tucker carlson last night, she now believes "those black people are coming to loot her house" - like any minute.

she is a conspiracy theory/doomsday prepper.  she is 84, lives alone, has sold all her gold because she believed Obama himself was going to show up on her porch and confiscate it.

she now has 4 safes in a closet under a sheet "to hide them from thieves" all full of commemorative copper coins and crap she buys online.

she gets some crazy newsletter every month that "warns" her of the next thing to watching for and always there is some product they are selling to make you feel safe.

she buys it all

1 hour ago, Totally said:

Oh I love the wisteria 😍

Isn’t it pretty? It’s been rather good about being planted on a rocky windy mountain side in the PNW two years ago...the first year we had a 50-year snow event and this year it’s been pretty much constant rain and maybe 60 degree highs all spring. I swear I heard it shivering and singing “Dixie” to itself a few weeks back. I honestly didn’t think it would bloom at all this year!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Maybe some of you gardeners can help me. I planted allium bulbs last fall and I don’t think I’m going to get any this summer. Maybe chicago isn’t hot enough for long enough to produce blooms in july? I don’t even see stems! 

My first perennials to bloom are daffodils, then my tulips (they are champs), and then my lilies are growing and should bloom soon. But what can I plant this fall that will give me gorgeous color in July/August???

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Maybe some of you gardeners can help me. I planted allium bulbs last fall and I don’t think I’m going to get any this summer. Maybe chicago isn’t hot enough for long enough to produce blooms in july? I don’t even see stems! 

My first perennials to bloom are daffodils, then my tulips (they are champs), and then my lilies are growing and should bloom soon. But what can I plant this fall that will give me gorgeous color in July/August???

Approximately where do you live again? NM...reading comprehension clearly not my strong suit!

I did some research and apparently allium bulbs can rot or be attacked by fungus if your garden bed is too wet or doesn’t drain...how’s your soil? Also what colors do you like?

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Useful 2

I'm hearing less hoax stories, but now more stories of how overblown the severity of the virus is. A lot of folks are blaming the news media.

If you read between the lines I think two things are happening, everyone is desperate to find news that will lead us back to safety and normalcy and others are trying to find ways to justify their risky and reckless behaviors.

The precautions that are being put in place to reopen the economy slightly reduce the likelihood of catching corona while in the vicinity of an infected person. But reopening the economy increases the likelihood of being in the vicinity of an infected person.

As was mentioned above, the virus is still here and this sucks for everyone.

• Love 19
20 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I respect other's lives, but, this covid thing is also about self preservation. I don't get the feeling that a lot of people are that concerned about their own survival. 

I think people just don't believe that bad things can happen to them. Until they do.

• Love 16

People are so desperate to get back to normal that they just refuse to recognize that covid-19 is still spreading and still killing people.  I was SHOCKED to see a local celebrity celebrated as if nothing was wrong.  First off, Michael Jordan is a HUGE celebrity in NC.  He is from Wilmington, NC and then he played college basketball at UNC.  Before going pro and the rest is history, so to say he is adored in NC is an understatement. So, he just caught a huge, record breaking marlin off the coast of NC and it was big news.  I get it, but, look at the lack of distancing and protection!  There were some who had on masks, at least, but, all the touching and closeness!  I could barely believe it. 

https://www.today.com/video/michael-jordan-catches-422-lb-marlin-during-fishing-tournament-84815941994

• Love 2

I can see both sides of the covid argument. If it's okay for tens of thousands of people to be crammed in together to protest, what's the harm in having a few friends over for a barbecue? If we're not going to collectively observe the rules as a society, it's pretty much pointless. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can see both sides of the covid argument. If it's okay for tens of thousands of people to be crammed in together to protest, what's the harm in having a few friends over for a barbecue? If we're not going to collectively observe the rules as a society, it's pretty much pointless. 

I get what you’re saying, but maybe one is for principle and the other is for entertainment, so...

I feel like I might be repeating myself (yet again) but from what I saw, lots more protesters were wearing masks than the people I see at the grocery store...and they were outside.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
On 6/9/2020 at 9:26 PM, Oldernowiser said:

Approximately where do you live again? NM...reading comprehension clearly not my strong suit!

I did some research and apparently allium bulbs can rot or be attacked by fungus if your garden bed is too wet or doesn’t drain...how’s your soil? Also what colors do you like?

I like all colors, something bright with big flowers that will give my flower bed color after the lilies are gone (so late summer). 

My tulips and my lilies are doing so well so I don’t know what’s going on when I try for a bulb that will bloom in late summer. 

I think my soil is okay- the flower bed is next to the house along the brick wall. It doesn’t puddle there or anything like that (and I only plant annuals in my pots because I empty them in the fall and put them in the basement). 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I get what you’re saying, but maybe one is for principle and the other is for entertainment, so...

I feel like I might be repeating myself (yet again) but from what I saw, lots more protesters were wearing masks than the people I see at the grocery store...and they were outside.

I get it, but we're talking about a deadly disease that doesn't care if you're at a protest or a beach party. At this stage we're selectively picking and choosing when public health is a priority. It's a lot of mixed messages, so I can understand why the average person has given up on social distancing. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

22 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I understand you both. I try to remind myself that I can only control me and my house and what can I do within my power to make sure we stay healthy and well. 

My extroverted self is so sick of being stuck inside and hanging out with only my Mom. (I love my mom, she’s my favorite being but she is old and doesn’t have the energy level of my peers). I’m slowly opening my bubble socializing with close friends and going to get my mani/pedi (stuff like that).

I admit that I miss dating apps and my ass is getting antsy for some masculine contact if you know what I mean. But I can’t even go on dates cause a lot of places are still closed!

My cousin texted me and told me that he was flying to Florida to hang with another one of our cousins for his bday (his Hawaii Trip was cancelled for obvious reasons). When he told me that I cringed. Of course he is a grown man and I respect his ability to make his own choices but he’s very medically fragile (disabled due to a stroke 2.5 years ago, has problems with his kidneys etc), but an AIRPLANE? Right now??? I get it though- of course anything could happen but I 100% expect to be alive and well next year to take vacations, he may think he needs to do things now or he won’t get to do so. 

@Oldernowiser what state do you live in? We HAVE to wear a mask in the grocery store in Illinois. 

• Love 6

Try these?

https://www.longfield-gardens.com/article/Best-Bulbs-For-Late-Summer-Color

I don’t have much experience with bulbs since the time I lived in Michigan and the squirrels would dig them up faster than I could plant them!

2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I understand you both. I try to remind myself that I can only control me and my house and what can I do within my power to make sure we stay healthy and well. 

My extroverted self is so sick of being stuck inside and hanging out with only my Mom. (I love my mom, she’s my favorite being but she is old and doesn’t have the energy level of my peers). I’m slowly opening my bubble socializing with close friends and going to get my mani/pedi (stuff like that).

My cousin texted me and told me that he was flying to Florida to hang with another one of our cousins for his bday (his Hawaii Trip was cancelled for obvious reasons). When he told me that I cringed. Of course he is a grown man and I respect his ability to make his own choices but he’s very medically fragile (disabled due to a stroke 2.5 years ago, has problems with his kidneys etc), but an AIRPLANE? Right now??? I get it though- of course anything could happen but I 100% expect to be alive and well next year to take vacations, he may think he needs to do things now or he won’t get to do so. 

@Oldernowiser what state do you live in? We HAVE to wear a mask in the grocery store in Illinois. 

Washington. Some stores are enforcing...many are not. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Try these?

https://www.longfield-gardens.com/article/Best-Bulbs-For-Late-Summer-Color

I don’t have much experience with bulbs since the time I lived in Michigan and the squirrels would dig them up faster than I could plant them!

Washington. Some stores are enforcing...many are not. 

Thank you!

I tried dahlias but in my zone they aren’t perriannals and I got two blooms two years ago. I will try some others this fall  

I live in the city, and city squirrels are LAZY. With so much trash around they never dig up my bulbs for food. Too much work!🤣

• LOL 7

my local NPR station had a show on yesterday that featured a guy who had covid, his wife had covid.

his story was they didn't believe it was real because "they heard a prophet at a revival" who claimed it was a hoax and that they were safe in Jesus. his church, his pastor etc said the same.

the guy is now thoroughly disillusioned with the church. he and his wife both got covid, "were not called home to Jesus". neither can work, both have a long recovery ahead and they have a ton of medical bills.

it was interesting to hear that point of view.

if I can find a link I will add it here later

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I know many who protested, and all wore masks. Most are now getting tested for COVID and distancing until they get their results.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

My sil, (the one who uninvited us when we asked them to wear masks) posted pics of her grandkids visiting with a lecture-y tone in the caption of why masks aren't necessary for outdoor visits with people who have been careful. I ignored her post, which I believe was directed at me. I'm about done with FB anyway. I have so many cute pics on there, though and I will miss those. For my first step towards deleting my account, I deleted the app from my phone and my tablet. I don't know about messenger though. I have this group of very nice women and they communicate daily on messenger. I would lose touch with them if I dropped messenger, at least I'd lose touch during quarantine. Also, it's the only way my Mom communicates (other than the phone). She thinks she's texting when she sends a FB message! She never uses her cell phone for anything. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

My sil, (the one who uninvited us when we asked them to wear masks) posted pics of her grandkids visiting with a lecture-y tone in the caption of why masks aren't necessary for outdoor visits with people who have been careful. I ignored her post, which I believe was directed at me. I'm about done with FB anyway. I have so many cute pics on there, though and I will miss those. For my first step towards deleting my account, I deleted the app from my phone and my tablet. I don't know about messenger though. I have this group of very nice women and they communicate daily on messenger. I would lose touch with them if I dropped messenger, at least I'd lose touch during quarantine. Also, it's the only way my Mom communicates (other than the phone). She thinks she's texting when she sends a FB message! She never uses her cell phone for anything. 

I deleted my FB app from my phone right before I went WFH. I still have my account but there’s a lot of “noise” on there right now and I too don’t want it in my head. I have limited my Instagram too (although I’m doing a 30 days of glee song challenge in my insta stories). The people who really care about me have my cell and if someone DMs me of course I will respond but I understand exactly how you feel. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Even though my parent's church is fundie, the first Sunday the indoor service opened, the visiting preacher, which was not a good idea since you're bringing in unknown germs from across the state, but, he said in his sermon that the virus was REAL,  not a conspiracy and it was a killer. Don't be fooled otherwise.  I was rather shocked, but, glad he said it, because, the hoax thing had been circulating in the church and community.  I think that cooled some of that down, but, there are still members showing up without masks, there is a lot of SINGING and preaching in LOUD voices and SOME of the members attending inside service have been around covid patients.  I don't know if they self quarantined  or not. I hope so, but, based on what else I see. I doubt it. My parents are still watching from home and not attending at all.  Which I encourage. 

My church, which is a different denomination, which is very small and rural also opened back up to indoor services, (Sunday only for one hour) with restrictions, but, on the United Methodist Church's website, it says that those with underlying medical conditions should continue to watch virtual services and not return inside, so, I'm not returning either.  I was surprised when I got a call about them reopening, because, it's a church with just a few active members who are mostly seniors with health issues. One man is on oxygen and has COPD really bad. Others are cancer patients. Even though, there's room in the church to stay 12-20 feet from any other person, I still find it risky for people in poor health.  Plus, I can't very well tell my parents it's too risky to return to church and then I return to indoor church.  I'm not going to fret over it though.  It's my safety and my life.  I think God understands and approves. lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Thank you!

I tried dahlias but in my zone they aren’t perriannals and I got two blooms two years ago. I will try some others this fall  

I live in the city, and city squirrels are LAZY. With so much trash around they never dig up my bulbs for food. Too much work!🤣

NYC squirrels are friendly and fat and lazy too lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Even though my parent's church is fundie, the first Sunday the indoor service opened, the visiting preacher, which was not a good idea since you're bringing in unknown germs from across the state, but, he said in his sermon that the virus was REAL,  not a conspiracy and it was a killer. Don't be fooled otherwise.  I was rather shocked, but, glad he said it, because, the hoax thing had been circulating in the church and community.  I think that cooled some of that down, but, there are still members showing up without masks, there is a lot of SINGING and preaching in LOUD voices and SOME of the members attending inside service have been around covid patients.  I don't know if they self quarantined  or not. I hope so, but, based on what else I see. I doubt it. My parents are still watching from home and not attending at all.  Which I encourage. 

My church, which is a different denomination, which is very small and rural also opened back up to indoor services, (Sunday only for one hour) with restrictions, but, on the United Methodist Church's website, it says that those with underlying medical conditions should continue to watch virtual services and not return inside, so, I'm not returning either.  I was surprised when I got a call about them reopening, because, it's a church with just a few active members who are mostly seniors with health issues. One man is on oxygen and has COPD really bad. Others are cancer patients. Even though, there's room in the church to stay 12-20 feet from any other person, I still find it risky for people in poor health.  Plus, I can't very well tell my parents it's too risky to return to church and then I return to indoor church.  I'm not going to fret over it though.  It's my safety and my life.  I think God understands and approves. lol

I hope He approves. I prefer online services! I do understand that it's still important to give $$. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

How much vitamin d is safe to take? I’m deficient. 

Did your doctor advise? Sometimes they will prescribe a very large dose to be taken for a short period of time and then retest.  You need to take enough to raise your level up to somewhere in the normal range. Hard to know optimal dose without blood work 

• Love 6

After doing the RX strength weekly for a month or two, I was told to start at 1000iU daily, but it wasn't enough to get my levels up to normal.  I was then told to get the 5000iU, and I've been doing that for many years.  I was actually able to find my last drawn labs.  My lab considers a normal range to be 30-100ng/mL, and mine was 45. I have never needed to go back to the RX strength again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I've been on about 3,000 a day since taking the RX strength.  My doctor's office said to get at least 2,000 to 2,500 a day for me.  It varies person by person by weight, how much sun you get, etc.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Thank you!

I live in the deep South, so our growing zones are very different. However,  I don't think you can plant dahlias in the fall. You actually might be able to plant them now for bloom later this summer. You will have to dig up the tubers this fall and store them until spring for replanting, I think. Gladiolus might possibly still be planted there and will bloom late summer. I know it is not too late to plant them here in Georgia.  They come in a wide array of colors.

Edited by Liddy52
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

I live in the deep South, so our growing zones are very different. However,  I don't think you can plant dahlias in the fall. You actually might be able to plant them now for bloom later this summer. You will have to dig up the tubers this fall and store them until spring for replanting, I think. Gladiolus might possibly still be planted there and will bloom late summer. I know it is not too late to plant them here in Georgia.  They come in a wide array of colors.

I live in the Midwest and can vouch for gladiolus.  I am no gardener, but went to a garden store and asked. I needed something with some height to it and I wanted color later in the summer.  I never considered glads, I always think of them as funeral flowers, but I got some bulbs in an assortment of colors and absolutely love them.  They’ve got gorgeous green foliage and then bloom with the brightest flowers. They come back year after year, too.  I know nothing about planting them now, though. I put them in in the fall.  Mine are just coming up in the last week or so and the climate where I live is comparable to Chicago.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

so not long ago you all were talking about vitaman D. i just got my results back (about a week ago) and of course the dr did not call to explain them to me. one of the tests was for vitamin D.  can anyone  (doodlebug) translate this to me?   

vitamin D,25-hydroxy, D3     =  23ng/ml

vitamin D, 25-hydroxy, D2    = <4ng/ml

25-hydroxyvitamen D            =  23ng/ml

My VitD levels were 25 last year, so I've been taking 5000 iu of VitD3 since August 2019. I had blood work done in January, but they didn't check my VitD levels. 

I was diagnosed with COPD in January, plus I have asthma, high blood pressure and I've overweight. I'm on a bipap machine set to 34 and if my O2 stats and sleep apnea isn't better in August, they'll probably put me on oxygen at night. 

Needless to say, I wear a mask when I'm around other people and I appreciate the ones who also wear a mask. If I have to go to the store I go around 10 am b/c it's usually older people and they're almost always wearing masks. In the afternoon its generally parents with kids and they're almost never wearing masks.

This weekend our town had a BLM protest and a 2nd Amendment protest at the same time. The BLM protest was diverse, mainly local people, and almost all of them wore masks. The other protest was all white, half of them were from out of the area, and none of them wore masks. After their protest they patrolled our 4 block Main Street armed with rifles that looked like assault weapons. Made me feel safer. /sarcasm

• Love 4

For several weeks, I've been getting ads on this site featuring loose, Bohemian style clothing.  Most seem to feature daisies alot, too.  The weird thing is many of the clothes are the same even though they show under several different brands.

I get these branded ads:. Rosalinlin, noracora, Annie cloth, and Zolucky.  Same clothes, different brands.

I blame Jill Dillard modeling those strange clothes for all these ads!

• LOL 7
  • Love 5